Approved Transform shows opponent's set on hover.

As it stands, if you have a transform user, you have to physically write down the opponent's set. I play a lot of hackmons cup, and when transforming/impostering, I find I have to type out their four moves in chat just so I don't forget. It would be a nice QoL update to be able to hover on the opponent's pokemon and see their moves. All that would be missing would be the PP value if no PP has been consumed.

Last edited:

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
This is somewhat difficult because it involves actually communicating between the private information spectators don't see (your view of Ditto's moves) with the battle view's public information tracking (which mostly only tracks things spectators know).

We already compromise that in a few spots (Gen 3 Pressure most recently, but the main thing is just by showing exact HP for yourself but not opponents) by abusing what protocol messages you get, but for any dev who wants to work on this: it would require some significant work on the public/private boundary.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
In addition to what Zarel said, under no circumstances should the display update before the next move selection comes up. If you switch Imposter directly into an attack (or use Transform) and get knocked out during the same turn, there's no opportunity to have seen your moves and the client should not be leaking that information to the player early.

DaWoblefet edit: same thing for Roar / Whirlwind and switching in Imposter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)