1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Troubles Running Shoddy Battle? READ Before Asking

Discussion in 'Shoddy Battle and Pokémon Lab' started by bearzly, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Nonary Game

Nonary Game

Are you trying to run the downloaded file or the actual program? If it's the downloaded program, try disabling ZoneAlarm if you have it. A bit more information would be helpful. Pull up the task manager and find anything that starts with "java" or contains it.
  2. yuser10

yuser10

For me, Pokemon Lab is down 95% of the time.

since the server changed to catherine.poke-lab.com, My connection times out.
  3. Rogan

Rogan

Thanks to this thread I was able to get shoddy up and running. Thanks alot.
  4. IG-42

IG-42

i have this problem the task manager has javaws.exe on it
  5. felixmartin

felixmartin

I can open shoddy, I have no problem with that. But once I open it, all the servers seem empty, and when i try to connect to any server it says:
    An error occurred while attempting to connect to the server:
    Connection timed out: connect

Any ideas? I tried reinstalling both shoddy and Java, installing the last version of java, cleaning the java cache, I set Java to direct connection. And nothing happens.. Same happens with Pokemon Lab and Pokemon Online (just thought that would help...)
  6. Stars

Stars

After looking through this thread I can't see a solution to this. I can open up the file with no problem but when I click connect to the Beta sever the programme closes and about a minute later a window pops up saying "Disconnected from server". I have been to my Java control panel and selected Direct Connection as posted by another on here but it still won't load.

I've been trying for a few hours, any help? :)
  7. Redjar

Redjar

Lab was running for me just fine until recently. I start up the program and I click connect on the server select screen (only one server I've ever seen) and then nothing happens. I am no longer brought to the login window. I'm on a mac and the program says it's running but I'm never brought to a login.
  8. NubKnightZ

NubKnightZ

@ Redjar
    Same here, was going to have a match with a friend. I'm using XP.
  9. thisisnotreal

thisisnotreal

shoddy is working, its just whenever i try to connect to the smogon server it says

an error occurred while attempting to connect to the server

connection refused:connect

is smogons server down or something?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)