Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SDef / 36 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Protect
- Lava Plume
This heatran is pretty spectacular. Its bulk is actually relatively nice... It can take a lot of special attacks and set up its stealth rocks. That is its main role, and its secondary role is to roar around and rack up hazards. It gives me some key synergy aswell.

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Taunt
Jellicent works here to give me the resistance on fighting and water, also ice and fire. It really does cover a lot of weaknesses and can counter gliscors and scizors just to name a couple.

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed
dnite gives me a good sweeper. He can come in on things that cant touch him and he easily sets up and sweeps as long as i take out his counters. It works as an effective late game sweeper, but at the same time i think i could have better choices for this slot but im not quite sure what.

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
This guy gives me access to spikes and just an all out tank. He takes so many hits its ridiculous. leech seed gives him a way to recover off damage. gyro ball hits things that have set up and increased their speed or anything with scarf. And power whip gives me a way to attack rotoms or quagsires.

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Taunt
- Protect
This is my favoirite pokemon and for good reason. He is such a great staller and out lives so many other pokemon. Taunt stops forres and ferrothorns. and allows me to beat blissey. Pretty much anything who wants to try and stall me. Ice fang lets me hit other scors and anything weak to ice, just gives me more coverage.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Honestly i find blissey pretty standard on any stall teams. It sponges all special attacks and gives me full resistance to ghost even though it isnt absolutely needed. It also counters threats to my team; any special attackers.

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
This team needs serious redesign. Just to point out a few problems, any fast Taunt user is a complete stop for you and you can't do absolutely nothing about that. Stallbreaker Mew can almost 6-0 you if it manages to burn Gliscor; Sableye is even worse. Also, not having a spinner is not enjoyable in a full stall team. Also, if your Heatran is removed via Genesect+Dugtrio chain, you are 6-0ed by Growth Venusaur. Giving a full rate is a nigh-impossible task here, since it will require at least 3-4 changes and we would have a completely different team. I suggest you to lurk a bit more the RMT section to see how other Stall teams deal with the problems I pointed out above, and maybe play a bit more and tune your team better before posting it as a RMT.

I hope I wasn't too harsh with you, good luck for your team.

mew and sableye just get walled by heatran and even if they do break through heatran, theyre gonna have to deal with the inevitable lava plume burn which allows gliscor and jellicent to easily defeat both with only gliscor wary of an ice beam from the former.

id say dragonite does just fine against most variants of venusaur, and the fact that you have to cite two other pokemon to even give venusaur a chance at sweeping means venusaur isnt that much of an issue. i guess genesect, dugtrio and venusaur are all almost mandatory on sun teams these days, so i agree with you to some extent. in fact id argue genesect is almost mandatory on every team but thats going off topic slightly...

i think the team is going to have more problems with pkmn such as deoxys-d, hurricane tornadus-t (blissey cant reliably beat it given hurricane confusions and stoss damage alongside the fact that youll be playing against 100% rain), and fighting types somewhat. however the overarching issue is with hazards and weather. sr+jellicent does give you a decent chance against sun - especially since xatu cant exactly block heatran very well in sun. you dont really have a chance against many other common playstyles outside of sun though. quick entry hazards + significant offensive presence is ultimately your main problem, and theres really only a few things you can do to migitate that. if you did change gliscors nature to jolly, you would be able to get the jump on deo-d although this is largely useless because your other team-members give it as much time as it wants to come in and spike, so yea to clarify im not recommending it. id advocate some type of sandstreamer to help with rain - as even with three water resists and blissey you will still struggle, as well as a starmie or forretress. sorry theres not exactly many other routes you can take and given the state of the metagame theres only really a couple of defensive variants you can get away with, especially if they arent focused around weather.

ganj4lF

is a Team Rater Alumnus
I probably was too hasty in dismissing the team. Your points are valid, Heist, offensive pressure and lack of a Spinner can be really problematic. I'll come later to give a proper rate since I'm kinda tired now and that leads to bad quality posts as the previous one, sorry about that.

Heist was right in a lot of his analysis, and he didn't even point out that you don't have a rapid spinner, which would help greatly, even if your team isn't particularly weak to hazards. TSpikes still wrecks Jellicent/Blissey, Stealth Rock is a nuisance for most of your Pokemon, but particularly for your Dragonite. Normal spikes would further limit your switch ins as you try to defend. You're also very weak to fighting, particularly where they have coverage moves such as Thunderpunch/Ice Punch. Sheer Force Hariyama, particularly under trick room, is becoming more common and would do a huge number against your team. This isn't to mention the extreme amount of Pokemon who utilize Fighting+Boltbeam combo for coverage.

I did actually notice i needed a spinner shortly after i posted this and changed ferrothorn to forretress. I just havent gotten around to changing it on the main thread. I should be doing that shortly. Thanks for the thoughts though guys.

ganj4lF

is a Team Rater Alumnus
Yeah, after a few hours of sleep your team doesn't seem so bad. Glad that you did include a Rapid Spinner, that fixes partially one of your main problems. I would suggest another little change to aid with fast threats: remove Toxic and use Thunder Wave on Blissey. Paralyzing things will be very helpful since many faster threats (e.g. Venusaur) can't OHKO Blissey and will be killed without much effort by your Dragonite if they are slower than him. Also, you can consider an EV spread of 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD Calm that, while slightly lessening your physical bulk, allows you to take special attacks better, which is the goal of Blissey anyway, while not making it too vulnerable to Pursuit and weak physical moves.

Hope it was useful. Sorry again for the yesterday post, and good luck for your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)