TAMAGO
is an Artist
this is all eevee's fault

if we didn't go pick it up we would never have had to go near a PC

why didn't we stick with the daycare plan

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
This is both amazing and groan-inducing stupid at the same time.

Wonder if they will manage to get the game stuck in an unwinnable situation? Running out of money before opening the gates to Saffron would lead to that, as far as I know. No money means no drink for the guard, which means no access to Saffron City. Or do wild Meowth use Pay Day?

This is both amazing and groan-inducing stupid at the same time.

Wonder if they will manage to get the game stuck in an unwinnable situation? Running out of money before opening the gates to Saffron would lead to that, as far as I know. No money means no drink for the guard, which means no access to Saffron City. Or do wild Meowth use Pay Day?
If I'm not mistaken, isn't there some glitch where you can mash right to get past the saffron guard and cycling road guard without the needed items? Or am I mistaken and that's only the case with the cycling road guard?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Seems like the Safari Zone will be the greatest obstacle of the entire run. 50,000 people trying to coordinate walking to the Warden's Teeth in less than 500 steps... Infinite Monkeys don't even begin to cover it. It is bound to fail again and again, until they run out of money. That's when it gets really interesting.
As to not create an unwinnable situation, GameFreak wisely implemented a feature where the guard lets you into the Safari Zone at a discount if you can't afford the fee. The catch is... you get a reduced amount of Safari Balls. In the ultimate scenario, you get in for free, but only receive a single Safari Ball. Now, if that single Safari Ball is thrown, you'll be thrown out of the Zone...

My prediction is that this will remain an Internet phenomenom for months, where thousands (and later only hundreds) of trolls and a few devoted fans fail the Safari Zone game again and again. It will either fade into obscurity after a while, until it's either taken down, or the remaining hardcore fans manage to overcome the challenge, upon which the stream's popularity will spike again. That, or some mod will take control of the stream after a while and help the players through the Zone.

Either way, I can't see that Pidgeot remain in the party for long. It will eventually be the only decently-levelled 'mon on the team, and thus be subject to massive troll campaigns to release it.

The Silph Scope seems like it might ruin the "gym a day" thing before we even get to Fuchsia ;_;

Also, here's a question for people posting in here:

Since I assume you're all contributing to the chat as well, at least sometimes, what do you end up trying to input?

1) The "correct" input - Whatever you think will help accomplish the current goals
2) The "wrong" input - Something obviously wrong just to feel the frustration
3) Start - Fuck you.

I'm probably about 75% option 2, just to keep things interesting. Otherwise option 1.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
and there I thought seeing charmeleon abandon learning slash was painful

this has turned into a soap opera, i am really fascinated by this as a whole

The Silph Scope seems like it might ruin the "gym a day" thing before we even get to Fuchsia ;_;

Also, here's a question for people posting in here:

Since I assume you're all contributing to the chat as well, at least sometimes, what do you end up trying to input?

1) The "correct" input - Whatever you think will help accomplish the current goals
2) The "wrong" input - Something obviously wrong just to feel the frustration
3) Start - Fuck you.

I'm probably about 75% option 2, just to keep things interesting. Otherwise option 1.
I put the correct input but seeing there is a 20 second delay it ends up being wrong

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Seems like the Safari Zone will be the greatest obstacle of the entire run. 50,000 people trying to coordinate walking to the Warden's Teeth in less than 500 steps... Infinite Monkeys don't even begin to cover it. It is bound to fail again and again, until they run out of money. That's when it gets really interesting.
The stream owner said they'll remove the step limit when we get to the safari zone.

As to not create an unwinnable situation, GameFreak wisely implemented a feature where the guard lets you into the Safari Zone at a discount if you can't afford the fee. The catch is... you get a reduced amount of Safari Balls. In the ultimate scenario, you get in for free, but only receive a single Safari Ball. Now, if that single Safari Ball is thrown, you'll be thrown out of the Zone...
Only in Yellow. In RBG it's possible to create an unwinnable situation there

3) Start - Fuck you.
Start is actually very very useful despite it looking very annoying. Since what you see on the stream is about 30 seconds behind what's happening when you type in commands, mashing start is a great way to let the chat "catch up" to whatever's happening in the stream. This was one of the ways how we managed to get past that ledge, for example

I haven't been paying attention to the stream much -- why did we go to the PC instead of trying to drop off a pokemon at the daycare like we originally planned? If we had stuck with that then there would be no risk of releasing ABBBBBY( and jay leno

Also do we still have the pokedoll and fire stone or did we already toss those

Also do we still have the pokedoll and fire stone or did we already toss those
Speaking of the Fire Stone...

HOLY SHIT FLAREON. IT HAPPENED!!!!

The rest of the post:

I guess Start has uses, but admit that at least 70% of it is infuriating trolling and we can agree :P

And Pokemon Center happened because the ledge was too daunting I guess? I know they made it back there eventually, but that was post-release.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)