Let's Play! Twitch Plays Pokemon

Stratos

Banned deucer.
fly is less dangerous bc a) you cant use it in buildings / tunnels and b) they have to actually select a destination whereas the non-trolls can catch up and hopefully spam b in time to cancel.

that said, no, i dont think we are going to end up with fly

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
you can use fly anywhere outside, you can only use dig in tunnels/buildings - which one is more?

also if we fuck up once and fly to say, viridian, we're screwed, unless you wanna try our luck again with fly, and end up in pallet or something dumb

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
fly is less dangerous bc a) you cant use it in buildings / tunnels and b) they have to actually select a destination whereas the non-trolls can catch up and hopefully spam b in time to cancel.

that said, no, i dont think we are going to end up with fly
You assume somehow A won't be pressed in Twitch's built in ~30 second delay to fly somewhere. It's too much of a potential problem to deal with. High risk/fustration, low reward (we can get from point A to point B perfectly fine, it's not like we'll care about an extra hour or two to get there).

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Fly would only be a great hindrance before Cinnabar is reached. After that, there would be no "overworld dungeons" it could teleport Red out of. As soon as you can fly to every city, everywhere you would ever go is within walking distance of a Fly location, with only two examples that I can think of - the road to the Power Plant and the area leading up to Victory road. Then again, with the latter being a maze, as well as the distance between the end of Victory Road and the Elite Four building itself being open-air, perhaps it would be best to stay away from Fly entirely.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
They got through the evil ledge section MUCH faster this time. Getting into the Pokemon Center to checkpoint seems to elude them, though. They even accidentally went into Rock Tunnel for a brief second.

EDIT: and just as I say that, they got into the pokemon center. they're getting good at this.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
From what I heard, a Twitch streamer just rallied his viewers to try and release Bird Jesus. They failed, but will apparently return.

Ladies and gentlemen, TPP just suffered from its first attempted terrorist attack. And apparently, it won't be its last.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Wait shit we'll need to pay a visit to the PC, won't we.

EDIT--Oh god, they deposited half the team. We're doomed.

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
With Drowzee, Pidgeot and Lapras deposited, things look grim. Okay, Zapdos is out, but there's a whole host of Venonat and Nidoran in there that will almost surely be withdrawn before Lapras and Pidgeot. Hopefully, Democracy will restore order...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)