Type Combos You Wish Existed (Hope Exist Later)

Fighting/Flying Farfetch'd evolution with 110 base attack and 130 base speed. Just because nobody would expect it. Fighting/Flying is a fairly decent attacking combination for STAB, I can't think of anything it dosn't hit for neutral. Also I'd like to see

Bug/Ground
Fighting/Dark
Electric/Ice (STAB Boltbeam anyone?)
Fighting/Electric (electivire should have been imo)
Steel/Dragon (with levitate it'd only be weak to fighting)

Fighting/Flying Farfetch'd evolution with 110 base attack and 130 base speed. Just because nobody would expect it. Fighting/Flying is a fairly decent attacking combination for STAB, I can't think of anything it dosn't hit for neutral. Also I'd like to see

Bug/Ground
Fighting/Dark
Electric/Ice (STAB Boltbeam anyone?)
Fighting/Electric (electivire should have been imo)
We may already have a Bug/Ground, but I would like one better than Nincada, please.

I think most everyone shares the sentiment that Fighting/Flying would be cool. You paying attention, Game Freak? (No, they're not... not likely, anyway.)

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
My most desired combo is Fire/Grass. Seriously, when GF revealed Cherrim and Flower Gift, I could swear she would evolve to a Firey cherry tree (I think it isn't the right term, but...), with Flower Gift/Chlorophyll. Pimpin'.

The idea of a Fighting/Ghost always attracted me. Maybe a ninja pokémon, with high speed, average defenses/HP and above-average Atk/SAtk? Deoxys-S syndrome, but he wouldn't be uber anyway.

Steel/Grass (Carnivine and Mawile evo?) is sexy. Neutral to Earthquake, Ice Beam, Megahorn, blahblahblah... Only Close Combat and Ember to worry about.

Masquerain evolving and regaining is Water/Bug type would be its redemption. And I believe it's a good attacking combo.

Ice/Electric, as someone said before, for the Boltbeam STAB and resist.

Fight/Flying for Farfetch'd? STAB'ed Close Combat and Brave Bird would wreck anything at sight.

Fire/Dragon, Electric/Dragon, Ice/Dragon, Grass/Dragon and Steel/Dragon too. Fire is obvious and nullifies the Ice weakness; Electric for a nice attacking combo (I think only Steelix resists Elec+Dragon); Ice for massive special damage; Grass because of Power Whip and the support moves nearly every Grass learn, and access to Draco Meteor for its counters (much like ChainChomp); and finally, Steel because Dialga shouldn't be so selfish, Palkia even let Kingdra borrow his type and all... And it's the one of the most defensive types (or THE most defensive) that can be created.

Why not a Fighting Ghost? That's what a Banette evo should be.
We indeed need Ice and Fire Dragons. Maybe a nice new legendary trio, Fire, Ice and Electric Dragons. They should all 3 have Levitate.
Fire/Dragon would then be weak to Rock/Dragon
Ice/Dragon would then be weak to Fighting/Rock/Dragon
Electric/Dragon would then be weak to Ice/Dragon
We could also do with Ground/Fire. Seems like a fun combo to me, nice attacking type too.

I saw Mario with Lasers's suggestion of Steel/Grass and thought of something...

What if there were new Pokemon next gen that you could only get by breeding specific Pokemon? (e.g. Carnivine and Mawile; okay, bad example) That'd be a decent way to get some of these type combos implemented.

Just a random thought.

Electric/Ground - Just for the sake of it. Plus we need more electric types.
Electric/Grass - Quite frankly, I think this typing would be fairly awesome. Even if it was only as a novelty.
Fire/Ghost - You'd think we would have this typing by now. Especially because of Will-O-Wisp. D:
Dark/Steel - Yes I went there.

I saw Mario with Lasers's suggestion of Steel/Grass and thought of something...

What if there were new Pokemon next gen that you could only get by breeding specific Pokemon? (e.g. Carnivine and Mawile; okay, bad example) That'd be a decent way to get some of these type combos implemented.

Just a random thought.

Haha, I had the same idea a while ago. Just imagine breeding a male Electabuzz and a female Magmar and getting a baby... Nucli! (Nucli is fire/electric and evolves into Nuclek. Nuclear energy theme, of course).

Also, GF owes us a 600 base, 3 forms dragon/grass pokémon for the next gen, to complete the array of combinations with dragon that are 4x weak to ice.

I've really wanted to see Electric/Dark. I really thought that's what Luxray was going to be, but I was disappointed. I mean, even read his Pokedex entry! He should have Dark subtype!

Fighting/Flying Farfetch'd evolution with 110 base attack and 130 base speed. Just because nobody would expect it. Fighting/Flying is a fairly decent attacking combination for STAB, I can't think of anything it doesn't hit for neutral. Also I'd like to see

Rotom FTW!!!

Yeah, everybody will teach him eventually any ghost/dark attack

Also, why is everybody putting levitate on any combo that is weak to ground? Is there a conspiracy to draw EQuake back to NU??

Also, stop saying Steel/Dragon, you seem to forget who owns Diamond boxart.

steel/ghost: Only ground and fire would hit him hard, and BTW, fight/fly wouldn't hit him too.

Electric/Dragon.

Electric/fight (I also think Electivire should be this one)

Electric/psychic.

That's it, we need more electric combos, other than Rotom, Magne-mite/ton/zone, Zapdos or Lanturn.

Also, when I was told that Lucario could only evolve during daytime, I thought inmediately that Riolu would get in the next-gen another evolution during night, something like Fight/Dark.

And some water/flying that can actually be used as t3h ult1m4t3 HM slavz0rz. :naughty:

Grass/Dragon line would be cool
Grass/Steel
Grass/Fire as a pepper/cactus
Bug/Elec as a firefly
Bug/Fire as a fire ant
Bug/Dark as a cockroach thing
Bug/Water (another one)
Dark/Normal zebra (just to go with Girafarig rly, Zebrbez, lul)
Dark/Fight ninja plz
Elec/Fighting kangaroo
Elec/Ground, Elec/Rock wheel/turbine line
Fight/Flying Farfetch'd evo
Poison/Steel Weezing evo
Fire/Dragon or Fire/Steel Torkoal evo
Dark/Elec or Fire/Elec Manectric evo (could be like a doberman or something if it was Dark, Idk)

I think that's it.

Mario With Lasers

Also, stop saying Steel/Dragon, you seem to forget who owns Diamond boxart.
Well, Palkia isn't the only Water/Dragon in Pokémon, so GF can pretty much create a new Steel/Dragon next gen.

Actually we all know they can do whatever they want to.

I want a Steel/Ghost type. Gets rid of some weaknesses, resistance to Garchomp's STABs, and some beautiful resistances. Banette evolution, or something? IDK.

I want a Steel/Ghost type. Gets rid of some weaknesses, resistance to Garchomp's STABs, and some beautiful resistances. Banette evolution, or something? IDK.
It's still weak to EQ, unless it has Levitate which seems to be on every Pokemon in this topic. Anyway, I agree with the notion for an actual usable Bug/Ground Pokemon. Bug/Ground has some nice resistances to Fighting, Ground, Electric, Rock, and Poison. A nice Ghost/Fighting would be nice too, since Ghost/Fighting hits EVERYTHING for at least neutral.

A Rock Dragon would be pretty cool, because of Sandstorm....Ice Dragon is cool too.

I think Fire water would also be cool.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
I agree that Fire/Grass type is potentially an awesome offensive typing. It pretty much sucks defensively, but the fact that it has stab on fire AND grass is pretty amazing...add in an HP: Ice into the moveset and you'd pretty much have every type covered evenly. I great switch-in into hidden power electrics, too.

Mario With Lasers

(...)add in an HP: Ice into the moveset and you'd pretty much have every type covered evenly.
Fire itself stops it, lol.

And yeah, Fire/Grass has only three resistances, Grass, Electric and Steel, while weak to Flying, Rock (:/) and Poison. Well, two nice resistances for two nasty wekanesses, and one resist and one weakness no one gives a shit about (although it would help against Metagross and its Meteor Mashes).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)