Type Combos You Wish Existed (Hope Exist Later)

Ghost/Normal; I always wanted something typed like this, and the idea someone gave of it being Banette's evolution just makes it overall much more awesome.
What would be cool about that type combo is that Fighting/Ghost would not be able to scratch it (being that it is, in fact, the only typing that can't take shit from the combo).

Other than that, it was just Normal/Ghost that I wanted.

A pure flying type would also be nice, seeing we have none of those aside from Flying Plate Arceus. I've always wondered, ever since I first put my hands on a Pokemon game, why they were Normal/-, Water/-, Fire/-, Electric/Flying, etc etc yet there was no pure Flying type. I mean, Ghost was a dual type until GSC (lol Poison/Ghost -_-), but at least that was fixed by something other than Arceus!

Also, a cool typing would be Bug/Electric; the only weaknesses would be Rock and Fire (off the top of my head), and the thought of an electrically charged bug really amuses me for some really obscure reason.

no one for fight/flying? boltbeam/flying weak, maybe with stone edge and x scissor

when i first seen the cover of emerald, i was like SICK BUG/DRAGON!!

dark/fighting would be cool too. I also would like to see dark electric for some oxymoron fun

Dragon/ice would be ridiculously badass. I say would, even though I know Sugimori would design something that isn't even remotely ice-like or dragon-like. I imagine something like the quicksilver dragon from mtg.

If you think about it, poison should be super effective against anything biological, like normal, fighting, bug, grass and flying. That would balance blissey a bit, too.

The one type I want is pure Flying outside of Arceus. I was thinking of a wind-based Pokémon that uses a variety of wind attacks (Gust, Icy Wind, Silver Wind, Twister, Air Slash). It wouldn't be able to learn Roost to bypass its secondary effect. If there's a fifth generation, I will be hoping like hell for a pure Flying-type.

Other type combinations I've been wanting are:

~ Bug/Psychic
~ Bug/Fire
~ Poison/Dragon
~ Fighting/Flying
~ Bug/Dragon
~ Dragon (as a final stage, again besides Arceus)

Has anyone mentioned Normal/Ghost? Those types cover each other pretty well. Sure, it's still weak to Pursuit, but any other Ghost not named Spiritomb/Sableye has that problem, too...
Yay.

I like these, especially because Gamefreak was pretty lazy in the 3rd and 4th gens when it came to new type combos.

Water/Fire - Just so that water can say it is partnered with all the types. This or next one will be the starter, and the other one is the only other new water Pokemon (there are too many)
Water/Ghost - See above, even though I like this one more.

Fighting/Ghost - Banette evo. Hi Jump Kick and ... a more powerful version of Shadow Ball that is physical.
Normal/Ghost - Just to screw the Bannette evo over. Hm... No clue what it should be like.

Fighting/Flying - This is what Staraptor should have been. Fighting is currently the best STAB attack in the game and Close Combat+Brave Bird is ownage. Absur'd (Farfetch'd evo) should have 130 Atk and 120 Speed. Meet the new Heracross on the block (w/o any 4x weaks either.)

Those are my big 3. The water ones are really only for completions sake.

well, a few of us on smashboards have been creating pokes like crazy

and we've been doing weird comboes too

i'll find some of the pokes if you guys want that i created, especially since some of them you guys seem to really want the typings

well, here's a taste, one by me

pluxie
grass/electric
pixie dust/natural cure
45-HP
50--ATK
75-DEF
140-SP.ATK
75-SP.DEF
150-SPD

Here is the explanation for Pixie Dust if you guys were wondering

Text: Randomizes status effects
In-game effect: If a move that causes a status effect is used and is successful, there is a 10% of the status effect changing to something else.
Example:
Pluxie used Spore!
Pixie Dust caused the opponent to be frozen!

spunchy
Bug/Electric
Volt absorb
120-HP
45-ATK
130-DEF
80-SP.ATK
130-SP.DEF
40-SPD

Creesper
Normal/Ghost
Levitate
75-HP
120-ATK
60-DEF
135-SP.ATK
55-SP.DEF
100-SPD

rimka
electric/poison
levitate
100-HP
45-ATK
90-DEF
105-SP.ATK
110-SP.DEF
100-SPD

those are my first 4 creations, probably my best ones too

and here's my first new evo

Geramid
Electric
soundproof/static
HP-70
ATK-100
DEF-70
SP.ATK-80
SP.DEF-80
SPD-170

evolves from electrode when learns volt tackle through move tutor

Here are some of the types i'd like to see:

Water/Ghost: Maybe a Fish Skeleton?

Water/Fire: Another lanturn fish besides lanturn?

Fire/Dragon: I noticed Game Freak has never made one of the most generic type ever..

Bug/Water: Face it.... Surskit isn't good enough. Maybe a Surskit alt evo?

Grass/Fire: Burning Bush lol

These are some ideas so far..... I'll post later if i get any new ideas.
Btw about the pure flying thingy? Will roost remove its flying type?

I'm all about the ghost steel with levitate. I always wanted it to be a haunted suit of armor with crazy defensive stats. Fire Dragon would be good but probobly just a better charizard especially with levitate. Pretty much it comes down to wanting more ghosts and more dragons. I can never have enough of those.

I think most everyone shares the sentiment that Fighting/Flying would be cool. You paying attention, Game Freak? (No, they're not... not likely, anyway.)

HAHAHA now THAT made me laugh. it's true though...that typing seems like it'd be especially nice to have around to give the metagame a fresh little stir.

Btw about the pure flying thingy? Will roost remove its flying type?
heh...now that's interesting to think about. my guess is it would just take neutral damage from everything for the turn? *shrug* good question though...i wonder how it will end up working out if we ever do have a roosting pure flyer.

heh...now that's interesting to think about. my guess is it would just take neutral damage from everything for the turn? *shrug* good question though...i wonder how it will end up working out if we ever do have a roosting pure flyer.
Quick, someone hack Roost onto a Flying Arceus so we can test this! Or has it already been done?

The game cannot afford a wall that can makes itself truly "no-weak" at its leisure.
And make it's ability Immunity. >:]

well, a few of us on smashboards have been creating pokes like crazy
Smash 4 lief

Neutral damage from everything sounds like the most logical conclusion.

I believe thats been tested using a Smeargle with Conversion (to change to flying type) and Roost and proven to be true. That is, a pure flying pokemon that roosts is neutral to everything. That being said, that makes a defensive and fast pure flying pokemon quite viable I think.

Also, has dark/dragon been mentioned for a new typing? If nothing else I think it could make a good space/blackhole themed pokemon.

You know, there's a reason they haven't made a fire/dragon, or an electric/ice, or a fighting/ghost.

Game Freak is smarter than you guys give them credit for. They realize that these are insanely good attacking combinations, and they won't make them.

Unless we get another surskit out of it, anyways.

You know, there's a reason they haven't made a fire/dragon, or an electric/ice, or a fighting/ghost.

Game Freak is smarter than you guys give them credit for. They realize that these are insanely good attacking combinations, and they won't make them.

Unless we get another surskit out of it, anyways.
You know, Water/Dragon hits every pokemon but Empoleon for at least neutral damage. In that department, Palkia in particular says hi. Those three combinations have more weaknesses (ice/electric is a very poor defensive typing assuming it doesn't get levitate, and fire/dragon is likewise earthquake weak) than water/dragon. Fire/dragon is also already blocked by Heatran anyway.

GameFreak is smarter than you give them credit for. They can keep type combinations balanced, or even go overboard with the nerfing. (See: Kingdra, borderline because of its average stats) Afterall, they've succeeded in making an otherwise horrible typing into a very good and possibly annoying pokemon (See: Celebi, who was once Uber despite 7 weaknesses).

me too. throughout playing DP, i assumed he was the shitty normal type you encounter at the start like raticate or furret. plus, hes a rodent or something ugly like that, so i would not assume a water part.

but the best type combination would be a fire/ice/flying it would have a lot of weaknesses, and die due to stealth rock, but imagine how cool that would look!?!

me too. throughout playing DP, i assumed he was the shitty normal type you encounter at the start like raticate or furret. plus, hes a rodent or something ugly like that, so i would not assume a water part.

but the best type combination would be a fire/ice/flying it would have a lot of weaknesses, and die due to stealth rock, but imagine how cool that would look!?!
I lol'd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)