Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Swords Dance
Electric spam is really good rn - most teams are only prepared to deal with one electric type so having two on the team overloads their usual checks to a point where one of them can sweep. M-Mane is a fast and powerful pivot with HP ice and overheat for great coverage (for example preventing Excadrill from getting a free switch-in). Prankster T-wave from Thundy slows down faster threats and scarfers, HP flying to lure M-Venu which is a problem for the core (thanks MikeDawg) and with nasty plot to break balance and stall, not much can withstand these two together. The pair is weak to bulky grounds such as Hippowdon and Quagsire though, plus special walls such as Chansey, which is where Breloom comes in, destroying ground types with bullet seed, mach punch for Chansey, also beats Ferrothorn etc which can annoy the core, can boost up with SD for wall breaking in general and most importantly destroys sand rush Excadrill with Mach punch which otherwise could be a huge problem. All three can act as wincons in a given match giving you a lot of freedom, flexibility and offensive pressure in battle.

Defensively, Manectric and Thundurus also share 0 common weaknesses and cover Breloom's flying and bug weaknesses, while Loom and Thundy cover M-Mane's ground weakness and Loom resists rock for Thundy.

Last edited:
Mega Manectric + Serperior + Talonflame

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat / Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice

Serperior @ Miracle Seed / Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Taunt / Glare

Talonflame @ Salac Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Natural Gift

Here's the explaination, Mega Manectric helps defeat annoying Flying-types for Serperior and can easily wear down Heatran for Serperior to put in work. Serperior breaks fat Ground-types such as Hippowdown, Quagsire, etc and pressure special walls like Clefable or Chansey. Talonflame is the last member, checking Fairy-types and defeat annoying Grass-types for Serperior such as Mega Venu, etc. The Talonflame set is pretty flexible since any Talonflame set such as SpD or Roost Sharp Beak could even fit in, but I chose Salac Berry Natural Gift(100BP Fighting-type attack) Talonflame to lure in things like Tyranitar and Heatran since both remaining members dont appreciate those 2 mons. Thats it. Also Manectric and Serperior defeats walls such as Slowbro and Rotom-W with ease.

Edit: Updated, thx Benzi, its just misworded, Salac is fighting type.

Last edited:
th (13).jpg +th244jpg.jpg +th (14).jpg

MSceptile, Rotom-W and CSLandorus-T is my core. ( Balance / Offensive )

Rotom and Landorus have a fantastic synergy.
Landorus helps against many commons pokemon in the OU tier, with is excellent attack.
Rotom-W is the hatest pokemon that I ever seen.
They form a solid VolTurn core that is able to check most physical attackers in OU.
And now Sceptile, it's one of fastest pokemon in the tier, and with its SpA attack, it's a fantastic Sweeper.
But, it needs help from sweeping, so Landorus-T and Rotom-W are two great partners.
MSceptile loves the Volturn's help.
Landorus-T defeats SpD wall, hard to defeat for Sceptile, such Sylveon. It helps against Talonflame, and Heatran, two of best counter of Sceptile.
Rotom-W helps against other weakeness of Sceptile, such ice types.
I prefer the CS set for Landorus because helps to win the speed tie and give a good momentum with U-Turn because Rotom are more bulky than it.
Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Att / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Fire / Earthquake

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Last edited:

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Mega-Manectric + Thundurus + Breloom

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power Ice

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Thunder Wave

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Swords Dance
Electric spam is really good rn - most teams are only prepared to deal with one electric type so having two on the team overloads their usual checks to a point where one of them can sweep. M-Mane is a fast and powerful pivot with HP ice and overheat for great coverage (for example preventing Excadrill from getting a free switch-in). Prankster T-wave from Thundy slows down faster threats and scarfers, and with nasty plot to break balance and stall, not much can withstand these two together. The pair is weak to bulky grounds such as Hippowdon and Quagsire though, plus special walls such as Chansey, which is where Breloom comes in, destroying ground types with bullet seed, mach punch for Chansey, also beats Ferrothorn etc which can annoy the core, can boost up with SD for wall breaking in general and most importantly destroys sand rush Excadrill with Mach punch which otherwise could be a huge problem. All three can act as wincons in a given match giving you a lot of freedom, flexibility and offensive pressure in battle.

Defensively, Manectric and Thundurus also share 0 common weaknesses and cover Breloom's flying and bug weaknesses, while Loom and Thundy cover M-Mane's ground weakness and Loom resists rock for Thundy.

A teammate to more reliably deal with M-Venu is welcome though it can get worn down throughout a match, or you could run natural gift flying over spore on Breloom to lure it, spore will be more useful in the majority of matchups though.
Run HP flying on thundy. Hippo and co give breloom a free hit, and garchomp isn't exactly an issue for the core. The elimination of venu is vital, tho

Mega Manectric + Serperior + Talonflame

Here's the explaination, Mega Manectric helps defeat annoying Flying-types for Serperior and can easily wear down Heatran for Serperior to put in work. Serperior breaks fat Ground-types such as Hippowdown, Quagsire, etc and pressure special walls like Clefable or Chansey. Talonflame is the last member, checking Fairy-types and defeat annoying Grass-types for Serperior such as Mega Venu, etc. The Talonflame set is pretty flexible since any Talonflame set such as SpD or Roost Sharp Beak could even fit in, but I chose Salac Berry Natural Gift(100BP Rock-type attack) Talonflame to lure in things like Tyranitar and Heatran since both remaining members dont appreciate those 2 mons. Thats it.
Salac berry isn't rock right? That wouldn't help a lot against tyranitar

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fire
- Synthesis

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

This is a core that I have been experimenting a lot with lately. It is a very solid core that has only a few weaknesses, and the core supports each other very well. I enjoy the kind of neo-stall aspect of it because no one really deviates from ABR-like Mega Sableye for full stall teams. Zapdos is a mon that is rarely seen on stall teams anymore, probably due to the huge decrease in usage for bird-spam teams with Mega Pinsir and Talonflame, which Zapdos served as a really good counter for. I have found Zapdos to still be really good in the current meta because not only do Mega Pinsir and Talonflame still have decent usage, but Tornadus-T has become a really big problems for standard stall teams. With Life Orb and Taunt, most standard stall teams really hate dealing with it. Zapdos, however, completely walls every set and can take advantage of it by getting a free turn to Defog, Toxic, or attempt at a paralysis with Discharge. Mega Venusaur supports Zapdos by beating the electric, fairy, and ground types that can break past it. For example, Mega Venusaur can beat Mega Swampert, Mega Altaria, Mega Diancie, Diggersby, Raikou, and Mega Manectric. However, Zapdos and Mega Venusaur are still weak to fire types, strong special attacking mons (think Gengar), Mega Heracross, and Heatran. This is wear Gliscor comes in; not only does Gliscor beat these mons, but it also provides a good win condition for the core. As for problems to the core, it does have a few pretty big weaknesses though that aren't too hard to support with the rest of the team: Mega Gardevoir, Volcarona, Mega Charizard Y, Kyurem-B, Latios/Latias, and (of course) Hoopa-U are the main ones that I can think of right now. Chansey can be used to patch up most of these weaknesses besides Hoopa-U, and also solves the problem of Tail Glow Psychic Manaphy.

Last edited:
Reactions: TPP
Rotom Wash / Tangrowth / Talonflame

I really like this core. It's amazing when paired with Defog + Healing Wish Latias because Rocks are pesky for it, and especially with Rotom, recovery is super handy as well as a weakness to SubCM Keld and Zard Y.

T-Wave dual status Rotom is gimmicky but at the same time handy for stopping many setup sweepers like Zard X in their tracks, and Tangrowth can take on most all special attackers including Manaphy's +3 Ice Beam and OHKO back with rocks due to the investment I have. The core has its share of weaknesses, though, including Weavile, Bisharp and notably Hoopa Unbound although nothing switches in on that.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 68 SpA / 188 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rock Slide
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I like darkspam, so I'm gonna work with it. Its kinda lucky that I actually have a team with a core that works for this XD Here goes nothing!

Cacturne @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 212 Atk / 44 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Brave Bird
- Icy Wind
- Heat Wave

Rotom-H @ Passho Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
This is a fun spikes stacking core that I used recently. It was used on a very heavy HO darkspam team (cacturne+honch+weavile+bisharp as darks, tom and wobbuffet as fillers) which was aimed more towards smacking everything around. Cacturne was the center of the team - I'd been wanting to use it for a while - and I gave it SD so that I can use it later if I opt to not suicide it (with Wobb support it can very easily set up and deal heavy damage with its nice base 115 Atk; max speed is necessary to tie with positive Crawdaunt and outpace the rare jolly azu, taking advantage of your jet immunity and allowing you to force it out or smack it with Seed Bomb before it can use any of Blizzard (see Leftiez's post in creative/underrated sets for info on that)/Superpower/Knock Off (Crawdaunt) or Play Rough (Azumarill). As for Honch, mixed is a nice lure, and it provides a little more special presence for the team - as well as giving a more consistent way of eliminating Skarm (EVs 2HKO SpD Skarm w/o any hazards). The reason I used it over Hydreigon or Hoopa-U was as the team struggles heavily v.s. Mega Venu, and I didn't want Wobbuffet to be put under too much pressure to deal with it - allowing it to focus more on things like Keldeo and taunt-less Talonflame. It also eliminates Lando, TankChomp etc. with Icy Wind - allowing Rotom-H to spam Volt Switch with much more ease. Max naive outpaces jolly Breloom; while this can be done with just 248 EVs, I opted for max so that I can tie with jolly Tyrantrum, allowing me to 2HKO it the vast majority of the time with Icy Wind and stop it DDing up on an expected forced switch. Passho Rotom-H allowed me to lure Keldeo to allow for it to be safely trapped by Wobbuffet. It also allows Rotom to consistently burn Azumarill and Crawdaunt, reducing the pressure placed onto Cacturne to take them on. Finally, it acts as a consistent way of tackling Talonflame, which otherwise gives the team major trouble. Finally, it gives me a consistent way of handling Scizor - who plagues darkspam much like Keldeo does. The given EVs allow Rotom to take a Hydro Pump from specs Keldeo after rocks damage, allowing it to Volt Switch and give Wobbuffet a safe switch-in.

Last edited:

Serperior @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: Atk 0
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Substitute

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
IVs: Atk 0
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Tangled Feet
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- U-Turn
- Work Up
- Roost

So the idea is that Magneton is used as the trapper to eliminate pesky Steel types for the HO offensive core that is M-Pidgeot and Serperior. The two need very few things removed from them to be able to plow through most of the game. Magnezone has Steel STAB for Fairy types and traps Scizor, Ferrothorn, etc, and allows for Serperior and M-Pidgeot to run alternate moves. Serperior now can run HP Ground to specifically lure and get rid of Heatran who dies to +2 HP Ground bar Protect. This also means M-Pidgeot can forego Heat Wave and run U-Turn to help your team maintain the advantage alongside Volt Switch, but Refresh or Substitute is also an option. Magneton is needed over Magnezone to outpace Tornadus-T, as otherwise its faster than M-Pidgeot and can also abuse No Guard Hurricane itself. Mamoswine can be a problem for this core with Ice Shard and EQ, but good use of Substitute can help in many instances and help with, say, Sucker Punch Bisharp.

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 224 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 168 HP / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch

Semi-Stall

This core belongs to the team known as Amplified Pressure by BlazeLatias I don’t take credit but as I digress. As you can tell already this is a semi-stall core. Mega ampharos to do what is does best wall every single thing you can think of and not get destroyed by talonflame like the rest of the core does. Tornadus with its fat self to take hits from lati@ that Ampharos and Chesnaught is weak too. Finally Chesnaught to beat Lando, and Hippo with relative ease again another few mons that the core is weak to.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower (85% is god accuracy)
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Spikes
So I decided to build around Mega Charizayrd-Y because I didn't really have any niggazard-y teams :{ .Zard-Y is pretty standard with fire blast/flamethrower, solarbeam, focus miss, and roost. I added Raikou with Assault Vest because it is able to tank hits from Thundurus, Opposing Raikous, Mega Manectric and it is able to hit garchomp with hp ice which is the few mons that switch into NiggaZard-Y. It also outspeeds the lati twins being able to hit them with a shadow ball. I added Chesnaught because raikou and Mega Charizard-Y 's defense are total ass and chesnaught resists both ground and rock which raikou and zard-y r weak to. I have drain punch to allow me to smack mega lopunny because its problematic. Then I have the standard leech seed, spiky shield, spikes and all dat. I good partner for this core is sand like tyranitar + excadrill because tyranitar allow pursuit trapping and its immune to psychic which chesnaught is weak to. Also dis core appreciates a azumarill switch in or something that doesn't get worked on by fairies and azu.

Very offense core

Breloom @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost

Again another simple core that is easy to understand. Spore everything and kill everything in sight with loom, chomp and y. No need to explain.

Hydreigon | Mega-Venusaur | Heatran

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fire
- Synthesis

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Offensively, they all break down each other's checks and counters. Hydreigon's STABs + fire blast are resisted only by fairies, all of which Heatran and M-Venu between them can easily handle, making up for Hydreigon's crippling 4x weakness and allowing him to wallbreak / revenge kill with ease. In return he threatens the psychics which Venu hates such as Latios and Victini. With a scarf he also brings speed to an otherwise slow core. Stallbreaker Tran takes care of the special walls which the other two can struggle with such as Chansey, as well as the likes of Talonflame.
M-Venu takes care of other problem mons such as Keldeo, Thundurus, M-Lopunny, Breloom, Landorus-T etc.

Defensively, they all cover each other's weaknesses perfectly. In fact, the ONLY type unresisted by this core is rock, to which they are all neutral, giving you a lot of flexibility when building around it.
Hydreigon is immune to ground and resists water for Heatran and is immune to psychic for Venusaur. Heatran resists flying and psychic for Venu and bug, ice, dragon and fairy for Hydreigon. Venu resists water and fighting for Tran and fairy and fighting for Hydreigon. Heatran also absorbs toxic and will-o-wisps aimed at the core.

Last edited:
Mega Charizard X + Latios + Serperior

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog
- Psyshock

Serperior @ Meadow Plate / Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Dragon Pulse
- Leaf Storm
- Taunt / Giga Drain

Excellent core. Mega Charizard X smacks around Offensive Teams, while Serperior dismantles bulkier teams. Latios provides Defog support which Charizard appreciates. Hidden Power Ground Serperior lures Heatran who would otherwise trouble this team greatly.

Reactions: TPP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)