Type RemiXY!

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Approved by Hollywood, The Eevee General, and The Immortal

Banner by Arhops
What is it?
Have you ever wondered what will happen if Pokemon get new typing combinations? New STABs or even strategies will arise. I think you already know where we're going with this...
Type Remix is a metagame in which all Pokemon have a completely randomized typing. They are guaranteed to get not 1, but 2 types, and every forme that is coded into the simulator has a different typing! Unlike the Gen 5 version that I never got around to completing, this version is 100% complete! You can see the typings in this spreadsheet. If you want to find the typing of a Pokemon, just hit ctrl (cmd if you're on a mac) and f and type in its name or Pokedex number. It's that simple!
Notice that all of the Pokemon have completely new typings, thus they get a lack of STAB which makes them quite sad. I didn't want this, so I have made up for this by giving the Pokemon 2 Offensive STABs, 1 Status of the same typing, and 1 random STAB that I saw fit to give it. There are no signature moves given out, so you don't have to worry about Sacred Fire/Bolt Strike everything. However, to boost creativity in the metagame, you can only have one new move per type (so 1 new fairy type move and 1 new flying type move for a fairy/flying type is allowed for instance, but not 2 new fairy type moves).
What are the STABs for typing? I'm quite glad you asked...
Normal: Extreme Speed, Hyper Voice, Recover, and Rapid Spin
Fighting: Close Combat, Aura Sphere, Bulk Up, and Drain Punch
Flying: Brave Bird, Hurricane, Roost, and Acrobatics
Poison: Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Toxic Spikes, and Coil
Ground: Earthquake, Earth Power, Spikes, and Bonemerang
Rock: Stone Edge, Power Gem, Stealth Rock, and Rock Blast
Bug: Megahorn, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance, and U-Turn
Ghost: Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball, Destiny Bond, and Night Shade
Steel: Iron Head, Flash Cannon, Autotomize, and Gyro Ball
Fire: Flare Blitz, Fire Blast, Will-O-Wisp, and Flame Charge
Water: Waterfall, Hydro Pump, Soak, and Scald
Grass: Wood Hammer, Leaf Storm, Leech Seed, and Giga Drain
Electric: Wild Charge, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, and Volt Switch
Psychic: Zen Headbutt, Psychic, Calm Mind, and Trick Room
Ice: Icicle Crash, Ice Beam, Haze, and Ice Shard
Dragon: Outrage, Draco Meteor, Dragon Dance, and Dragon Pulse
Dark: Knock Off, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot, and Foul Play
Fairy: Play Rough, Moonblast, Moonlight, and Draining Kiss

What about forms and evolution?
Ah yes, forms. They're weird. For all of the formes and evolutions, mega or otherwise, that are coded in the simulator, here are their rulings.
Evolution: The Pre-evolution's STABs are automatically deleted on mega-evolution and replaced with their evolution's STABs, ala Kyurem-Black -> Kyurem. Come on, would you rather have coverage-fest 2014?
Mega-Evolution: "dude | do you want every mega being just like mega-gyara | no STABs | they retconned Ampharos into getting dragon pulse for its mega" ~ simsims2800 If the base form is holding its mega-evolution's stone, it has access to its mega-evolution's STABs. If this is too complicated to code we'll just give the base form the mega-evolution's STABs.

Forms and their STABs:
Only the form that they use when the battle begins is considered in giving new STABs. These form changes are in-battle changes.
Only the form that they are currently are in is considered in giving new STABs. It is either impossible to branch between the two or keep their newly obtained moves (/learn Kyurem-Black, Scary Face).
Both the form that it is currently in and its base form are considered in giving new STABs. Rotom-Wash cannot learn Leaf Storm, so it cannot get the Mow form's new STABs, unless they are shared between the two forms.
All of their forms are considered in giving new STABs. These Pokemon have form changes that occur outside of battle that keep the movepool of the other form(s).

All other forms are currently not coded in the simulator, as they are only cosmetic, so they will not be coded here as well. Spiky-Eared-Pichu, despite being coded in the simulator, cannot be obtained legitimately in X/Y, so I will not allow it here.
For the observant people who noticed that I said "Only the form that they use when the battle begins," Pokemon can now use their other forms when entering battle even if they aren't normally allowed to use them. Unreleased forms, however, are still out of the question. This goes the same way with any other unreleased thing, spreadsheet browsers who noticed the X/Y event legends. Mega-Evolutions do not count as an alternate form, because who wants a BH clone without Ubers?

What's banned?
Anything banned from OU. I did the Ubers' typings just because I felt like it. Who knows, I might even get someone to code an Ubers version later :]

That's really all there is to this metagame! Thanks for reading, and have a nice day.

One more spreadsheet link.

Last edited:
365 Walrein Ghost/Normal
God all the wait is now over. Anyways reserved for hyped pseudo-threat list.

Last edited:
Huh soo Charizard is electric-ice type upon entering the battle and then changes into Fire Flying Char-Y or Fire Dragon Char-X?

Dark/Ghost Excadrill. Sets Rocks, spinblocks them, destroys opposing spinblockers, cripples everybody else with Knock Off, and has Iron Head for its one weakness, Fairy.

Poison/Dark Cryogonal. Levitate gets rid of its only weakness.

Ghost/Steel Scizor, Aegislash's successor. It becomes Electric/Steel upon MEvo, in case you want to switch it up.

Bug/Steel Qwilphish? It has Water moves for Fire-types, but it's not a very impressive Mon.

Steel/Electric Latios, with the Levitate that Magnezone never got. It becomes Ghost/Steel upon MEvo, coincidentally.

Unfortunately, no good defensive Steel/Fairies. Camerupt might see some use due to Solid Rock.

Ok can we all agree that aegislash is absolutely ass defensively lol. At least in blade form but in shield form it seems like it could be a very threatening bulk up user. Vespiquen seems like a less bulky and offensive heatran but now with recovery! Finally can we please release hidden abilities cause I want my Draco meteor and leaf storm serperior :)

SubCoil Kyurem-B could be a pretty cool set-up sweeper, only having 3 weakness (not including Stealth Rock !_!) and just being way too bulky.

Deoxys-D can tank hits much easier with its much better Ice/Rock typing*cough sarcasm cough*

Shedinja only weak to Rock and Electric >_>

Pinsir is the Flying type now, poor Mega

Conkeldurr can hit hard with a Dragon Dance boost and Sheer Force Play Rough (also Dragon immunity is cool)

Tornadus-T has a STAB Knock Off, STAB Play Rough, and still has U-turn for pivoting.

This looks really fun! I hope it gets implemented soon ^_^

some notable quiver/dragon dancers and coil users

quiver dance:
  • venusaur
  • magneton
  • exeggutor
  • jolteon
  • zapdos
  • scuicune
  • tyranitar
  • celebi
  • sceptile
  • flygon
  • salamence
  • azelf (save me!)
  • swoobat (he even gets simple to top it off)
  • ampharos-mega
dragon dance:
  • pikachu (maybe if you have screens up he could pull one off)
  • clefable
  • machamp
  • kingler
  • shiftry
  • jirachi
  • gliscor
  • regigas
  • zebstrika
  • conkeldurr
  • beartic
  • mienshao
  • greninja
  • pumkaboo-large
  • aerodactyl-mega
coil:
  • beedrill
  • dugtrio (you better watch out for this one)
  • azumarill
  • medicham (no more hi-jump miss!)
  • grumpig
  • Huntail
  • floatzel
  • electrivire
  • Emboar
  • stoutland
  • Carracosta
  • Ferrothorn
  • Mawile-mega
  • Absol-mega
  • Kyurem-Black
my favorites are swoobat and greninja

Last edited:
It seems that Sealeo and Sharpedo are among the very few mons that kept their old typing, and even in the right order for Sealeo (Ice/Water)

Wobbuffet now as semi-reliable recovery in Moonlight (Ghost/Fairy), for even more Countercoat abuse. Goodra also got Moonlight, at the cost of an awful 4x Steel weakness (Ice/Fairy)

Someone said that Shedinja has only 2 weaknesses, but it also gained a Spikes immunity (and is no longer weak to Pursuit).

Rotom Frost is the new Rotom Fan (Flying Type + Levitation)

Fire-Type Castform-Rainy... Like it wasn't bad enough.

Whimsicott with Prankster Spikes + Recovery (Ground/Fairy), Prankster WoW (and Soak...) for Klefki, Prankster Haze (useful against all those scary Quiver Dancers) for Thundurus

Draco Meteor Serperior. Isn't it ironic ?

RECOVER + SCALD SHUCKLE

Some cool sets :o

I'm AV (Conkeldurr) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch

With a new Dragon/Fairy typing, The Conk now has a much better typing, access to a boosting move and a STAB that abuses Sheer Force. Life Orb + Sheer Force + Play Rough is just a nuke:

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 289-341 (84.7 - 100%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Add in a Dragon Dance boost (which should't be too hard, Dragon/Fairy does have 7 resistances and 1 immunity), and this happens:

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Gliscor: 281-331 (79.3 - 93.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Pretty monsterous attacker, we all know the coverage that Fairy + Ground brings, so Earthquake was a mandatory move. Thunder Punch not only gets boosted by Sheer Force, but also hits Fairy resists that fly, namely Skarmory Steel/Flying and Talonflame Fire/Flying

No Flash Fire :( (Vespiquen) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Heal Order
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flash Cannon

The Heatran of Type RemiXY, Vespiquen loses its 4x Rock weakness for 11,000 resistances and the abiity to wall most of the types in the game. Substitute abuses the free switches Vespiquen forces against Grass, Fairy, Bug, Dragon, Ice, etc types and gives it immunity to status. Heal Order gives Vespiquen reliable recovery, which is huge and lets it stay in the game much longer. Will-O-Wisp, along with Sub, lets Vesipiquen burn threats that think they can easily switch into the Queen. Flash Cannon is STAB and prevents you from being taunt bait.

Every Queen needs its King, so another Statll mon with good synergy would be a good partner. Just happens its an NFE .-.

NOT OUTCLASSED (Togetic) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed / Giga Drain
- Roost
- Toxic Spikes
- Seismic Toss

If we have Tran, why not add Venu? The Grass/Poison typing that Togetic has lets it get a few very nice support moves for stall teams, namely Toxic Spikes, which is very helpful. Leech Seed drains the opponent's health and gives Togetic "Leftovers" recovery, although Giga Drain is another option that gives it STAB, considering that it already knows Roost. Roost gives Togetic reliable recovery, and helps it be a good wall. Toxic Spikes, I just explained, gives Stall teams the ability to easily stall out other defensive teams and some offensive ones. Seismic Toss prevents Togetic from being Taunt bait and gives consistent damage to opponents.

So yeah, those are a few cool things I found that I wanted to show people, so yeah .-.

NOT WALLED (Durant) @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Baton Pass

If you thought Durant was powerful with an 80 BP move, I welcome you to Darmanitan 2.0, now with extra speed and STAB. Durant now trades its health and defensive typing with being able to 2HKO Groudon without Sun:

252 Atk Choice Band Hustle Durant Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 220-261 (54.4 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

THAT'S 252/252+ MIND YOU. Anyways, Flare Blitz is just so powerful, raising to 180 BP because STAB, 270 because Hustle... 405 BP because Choice Band !!1!

So yeah, Wild Charge beats Water types, Superpower beats Rock types, Baton Pass is a pivot move since everyone and everything is gonna switch out of this thing.

OUTCLASSED (Kyurem) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Close Combat / Drain Punch
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Iron Head

With a new resistance to SR, two amazing STABs, and very nice bulk, Kyurem can finally carve a niche for itself as a nightmare for balance teams. Roost the main part of the set, allowing Kyurem to easily stay in the battle much longer and undoes Life Orb damage. Close Combat is the main STAB, hitting very hard coming from Life Orb, STAB, and 130 base Attack. Drain Punch is another option, and works well with Roost to keep Kyurem at very high health. Dragon Claw is less powerful, but hits most things neutrally. Outrage is another option, but locks you in, which is pretty lame. Iron Head is for Fairies.

Just wondering, Kyurem already had access to Dragon Claw / Outrage. Does that mean that it could run Dragon Dance. It could be a good option over Roost.

:o Cool core:

>bug (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Hey, Tyranitar finally got less weaknesses, oh wait, it still has 6 weaknesses. It never gets a break does it ?_? Anyways, although the Tar has lost the SpDef boost from sandstorm, and it has less resistances, it now has amazing STABs with the form of U-turn and a 120 BP Wood Hammer. This gives it a niche as a Choice Band user that punishes Fighting, Ground, Grass, Water, and Electric types very well. Note that if you decide to run it, it should be used for its extremely strong U-turn and nice resistances, and that it requires switch-ins to things that threaten it out. U-turn is the move of the set, letting Tyrantar dent any and all switch-ins that attempt to wall Tyranitar. Of course, it's an amazing pivot move as well. Wood Hammer, although less spammable, is a secondary STAB that hits extremely hard and hits things that resist U-turn, such as Fighters and Ghosts. Earthquake hits Poison types, Fire types, and Steel types, all major types to cover as they all resist both Grass and Bug. Stone Edge hits Flying types, which also resist Grass + Bug.

Ironically, a good partner for Tyranitar is... well... a Rock type .-.

>rock (Reuniclus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Power Gem
- Recover
- Focus Blast / Trick Room

Something I really enjoy about the OM is that things with unconventional typings that are usually trash can work wonderfully due to the huge variety of typings. Seriously, this is a Grass/Bug + Electric/Rock core we're talking about. Anyways, Reuniclus does not only have defensive synergy with Tyranitar, but it also forms a very nice, powerful, and slow VoltTurn core. Volt Switch is a new toy Reuniclus got and with its low speed and no-recoil Life Orb, it's one of the best users in the meta. Power Gem is a secondary STAB that hits quite hard and has quite decent neutral coverage, letting it be pretty spammable. Recover is Recover, lets Reuniclus pivot more and stay in the match longer. Focus Blast, if Terrakion has taught us anything, has amazing coverage along with Power Gem. Trick Room is also an option that not only lets Reuniclus hit things hard with LO STAB Power Gem, but it also helps Tyranitar get the ball rolling and nuke things.

Speaking about Trick Room, it's MUCH more viable with these different typings, and something I hope to try soon :]

That's all the speculation I'll bother to post about for a while, really hope this gets implemented soon :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)