Jirachi
Ice/Ground
252 Att, 252 Hp, 4 Df
Adamant

-Icicle Crash
-Wish
-Spikes
-Body Slam

Offencive spikes setter with solid defences, 60% flinch with STAB Icicle Crash, recovery, and can throw around stats? Yes please!

Psychic/Electric Porygon-Z

Adaptability to the max

Water/Flying Shedinja

2 weaknesses? (rock and electric x4)

Fighting/Fairy Porygon2

...crap much?

Psychic/Electric Porygon-Z

Adaptability to the max

Water/Flying Shedinja

2 weaknesses? (rock and electric x4)

Fighting/Fairy Porygon2

...crap much?
Fighting fairy isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be with a dragon immunity, 4x resistance to Knock-Off and u-turn, resistance to rocks, and resistance to CC. Offensively you're SE on dragon, fighting, dark, steel, rock, ice, and normal.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
so i am just going to superpsuedo theory-mon. This might be long...so spoiler.

Is this meta implemented somewhere? I REALLY want to play.

Mega Charizard Y has the Aegislash typing, and retains drought while gaining shadow ball and flash cannon, as well as a still powerful fire blast. This thing could actually be useful to tank some special attacks, due to its nice special bulk, access to will-o-wisp, and the ability to hit very hard in the sun even without stab.

Clefable's unaware walling capabilities went down pretty a lot, with its dragon/dark typing. Fairies obviously obliterate it, and the all too common fighting type gets super effective damage. It can wall some things, just not nearly as many setup sweepers as it used to be able to beat.

Dark/Fairy slowbro. Wow that could be a great wall. Weak to only poison, steel, and fairy, this thing can use an AV regen set to an amazing extent, using its stabs and great coverage moves like scald, ice beam, fire blast, the list goes on and on.

Gengar is normal/fire...which is guess is interesting? It gets hyper voice and fire blast with ghost and poison coverage...i guess. It can also use fairy coverage for clefable, if it even gets used that is. Gengar's typing is decent at times, but i think it will be situational at best. It does get recover however for the stallbreaker set.

Chansey is Ice/Dragon. Thank god that thing can get ripped. Chansey goes from good to awful with a simple type change.

Gyarados is electric/normal...moving on...wait it gets WHAT!!! This thing has both dragon dance and extreme speed, as well as moxie to fuck up your day. It even has volt switch, despite its weak SPA, to be a pivot.

Dragonite has Azumarill's typing, with multiscale and a great movepool to go along with dragon dance and its decent bulk. Choice Band will be better than ever, and dragon dance will be absolutely amazing.

Speaking of Azumarill, it gains a poison/water type, great in another way, and has poison jab for even more coverage along with its still stab aqua jet. The ever-popular AV set will be just as good as ever

Quagsire is Electric/Dragon...damnit. Weak to Ground, a very common but predictable type, Dragon, a common but very predictable type mostly restricted to dragons, and fairy, which will be somewhat uncommon in this meta as far as i can see. Its pretty Good, i have to admit, mostly due to its buttload of resistances.

Scizor is Ghost/Steel, so its Aegislash with a completely different statset. Its mega set is no good, so your bulky sets have to go on scizor, but it would still be very good, especially with autotomize, shadow claw, and destiny bond if thats your cup of tea.

Fairy/ Dark heracross is just SCARY good for a moxie set. Talk about a stallbreaker; this thing has such amazing coverage its awesome, and weak to only poison, steel, and fairy

Grass/bug Skarm can go fuck itself. T-Tar unfortunately falls in the same boat.

Standard Garde sucks, but Mega Garde retains its fairy typing to spam extremely powerful hyper voices, and gets a super powerful stab giga drain as well to help it heal off damage against more bulky teams. It is 4x weak to poison, and suffers from 4mss, unfortunately.

Poison type mega mawile? I'm In. Sub-Coil is pretty cool as a stallbreaking set, and would work well with intimidate, despite it not being able to boost its special defense.

Fairy/Electric filter mega aggron oh god. Stall teams looking for a real physical wall, look no further.

Will do more later.

This looks like so much fun.

Last edited:
Dark/Fairy slowbro. Wow that could be a great wall. Weak to only poison, this thing can use an AV regen set to an amazing extent, using its stabs and great coverage moves like scald, ice beam, fire blast, the list goes on and on.

Fairy/ Dark heracross is just SCARY good for a moxie set. Talk about a stallbreaker; this thing has such amazing coverage its awesome, and one weakness to poison.
I think they're weak to Steel and Fairy too...

This looks so fun, pelipper has decided to become skarmory XD
Pelipper could possibly work on a rain team with the fire weakness nullified and continual healing from rain dish and 100% accurate hurricane.
I really hope someone can code this soon I want to play it so bad.

I'm a little surprised that nobody's brought up Malamar, with Contrary Superpower and STAB Leaf Storm in addition to Psychic/Zen Headbutt.

Malamar Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Atk 252 Spe 4 SpA [??? idk I'm not good at these.]
>Superpower
>Leaf Storm
>Psychic/Zen Headbutt
>Topsy Turvey/Leech Seed/Trick Room/Giga Drain

So Snorlax, now with an amazing defensive typing, has access to Extreme Speed, and Bellydrum...
Okay!

I'm a little surprised that nobody's brought up Malamar, with Contrary Superpower and STAB Leaf Storm in addition to Psychic/Zen Headbutt.

Malamar Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Atk 252 Spe 4 SpA [??? idk I'm not good at these.]
>Superpower
>Leaf Storm
>Psychic/Zen Headbutt
>Topsy Turvey/Leech Seed/Trick Room/Giga Drain
Malamar doesn't have Zen Headbutt. It gets Psycho Cut tho

Interesting meta, I haven't seen many type remixing metas in awhile, but this one rocks. I have coded the meta so if anyone volunteers to host this just copy this code.
config/formats.js
Code:
{
    name: "Type Remix",
    section: "Other Metagames",

mod: 'typeremix',
    ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Team Preview', 'Swagger Clause', 'Baton Pass Clause', 'Type Remix'],
    banlist: ['Uber', 'Soul Dew', 'Gengarite', 'Kangaskhanite', 'Lucarionite', 'Mawilite']
}
team-validator.js
Code:
if (format.id === 'typeremix') {
    var megaTypes = [];
    for (var m = 0; m < template.otherFormes; m++){
    var otherFormeTemp = tools.getTemplate(template.otherFormes[m]);
    if (otherFormeTemp.isMega){
        for(var i = 0; i <otherFormeTemp.types; i++){megaTypes.push(otherFormeTemp.types[i]);}
    }
    }
    if (template.types.indexOf(tools.getMove(move).type) > -1 || (megaTypes && megaTypes.indexOf(tools.getMove(move).type) > -1)){
        var stabs = {
            "normal":{'extremespeed':1,'hypervoice':1,'recover':1,'rapidspin':1},
            "fighting":{'closecombat':1,'aurasphere':1,'bulkup':1,'drainpunch':1},
            "flying":{'bravebird':1,'hurricane':1,'roost':1,'acrobatics':1},
            "poison":{'poisonjab':1,'sludgebomb':1,'toxicspikes':1,'coil':1},
            "ground":{'earthquake':1,'hypervoice':1,'spikes':1,'bonemerang':1},
            "rock":{'stoneedge':1,'powergem':1,'stealthrock':1,'rockblast':1},
            "bug":{'megahorn':1,'bugbuzz':1,'quiverdance':1,'uturn':1},
            "ghost":{'shadowclaw':1,'shadowball':1,'destinybond':1,'nightshade':1},
            "steel":{'ironhead':1,'flashcannon':1,'autotomize':1,'gyroball':1},
            "fire":{'flareblitz':1,'fireblast':1,'willowisp':1,'flamecharge':1},
            "water":{'waterfall':1,'hydropump':1,'soak':1,'scald':1},
            "grass":{'woodhammer':1,'leafstorm':1,'leechseed':1,'gigadrain':1},
            "electric":{'wildcharge':1,'thunderbolt':1,'thunderwave':1,'voltswitch':1},
            "psychic":{'zenheadbutt':1,'psychic':1,'calmmind':1,'trickroom':1},
            "ice":{'iciclecrash':1,'icebeam':1,'haze':1,'iceshard':1},
            "dragon":{'outrage':1,'dracometeor':1,'dragondance':1,'dragonpulse':1},
            "dark":{'knockoff':1,'darkpulse':1,'nastyplot':1,'foulplay':1},
            "fairy":{'playrough':1,'moonblast':1,'moonlight':1,'drainingkiss':1}
        };
        var moveType = tools.getMove(move).type;
        if (stabs[moveType]){
            if (stabs[moveType][tools.getMove(move).id]) return false;
        }
    }
}
Due to the changes in Type RemiXY, this code has to be added after line ~584 (that contains "alreadyChecked[template.speciesid] = true;") and before the line ~587 (that contains "if (template.learnset)")
mods/typeremix/pokedex.js
Link
mods/typeremix/rulesets.js
Code:
exports.BattleFormats = {
    typeremix: {
        effectType: 'Banlist',
        name: 'Type Remix',
        validateSet: function (set) {
            var template = this.getTemplate(set.species);
            var lset = template.learnset;
            var countType = [];
            for (var i = 0; i < set.moves.length; i++){
                if (!lset[set.moves[i]]) countType[this.getMove(set.moves[i]).type]++;
            }
            for (var i in countType){
                if (countType[i].length > 1) return [(set.name || set.species) + "has more than 1 new "+i+"-type move."];
            }
        }
    }
}

Last edited:
Sharpedo gets Dark/Water. .__.

Greninja as a Rock/Dragon has an even bigger movepool. Its initial typing doesn't matter too much, but people, THE NINJA HAS STEALTH ROCK. And Dragon coverage as well (everything is coverage to Greninja, since it gets STAB on everything).

Mega Blastoise is a Dragon/Fairy. #flavorless. That's a great typing, though - only weak to Ice (very common), Poison (not so common except Mega Venu), and Steel (Steel coverage not so common iirc.)

And Talon loses STAB on Brave Bird, losing pretty much its only niche of STAB Priority BB revenge killing. It does lose that 4x SR tho...

Well, Exploud becomes Ice-Dragon. You know, some Specs Draco Meteor, Ice Beam or Boomburst could do some damage. Interesting meta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)