Ubers Survivor

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Groudon

I could requote my old post for my reasoning but since no one else is doing it w.e.

Also, Arceus wasn't added because it would sweep every challenge because its Arceus.
But could we have a challenge later where Arceus was an option but it wasn't exactly the best choice, but still viable? Its actually a lot more plausible then it sounds...

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Groudon. It has the bulk and power to pull that kind of a comeback, though Dialga could work as well; I do believe that it would be easier to outstall Dialga, as assuming it runs Rest/Sleep Talk/Bulk Up/Outrage, it's hard countered by 2 Steels.

Dialga

Its bulk up + rest + sleep talk set with max HP and SpDef is one of the best late game sweepers, able to defeat even the likes of Groudon after getting up a bulk up on the switch. With rocks up and Dragon tail, its one of the most annoying but effective pokemon.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for being late. After tallying up the votes, Groudon has won the scenario! Elimination voting will begin at 6:00 PM EST tomorrow. Remember, Groudon cannot be eliminated this round.

In the mean time, feel free to discuss which Pokemon should be eliminated!

I personally think that Manaphy should be eliminated. If rain gets removed, it becomes completely useless unless rain is brought back up. Even when there is rain, it isn't really too good either. It can boost its Special stats (either slowly or just Sp. Atk rapidly) but it's still frail even with Hydration Rest. It may be able to survive a hit, but it needs to use Rest before the opponent attacks or it'll fall to it. There's also the chance of predicting incorrectly and being slammed by an attack while you attack or use Rest while your opponent sets up. Unlike Manaphy, Exca at least has the ability to use Rapid Spin outside sand to help your team. Its lackluster speed can be fixed by sending it in on something that won't KO it in a single turn, such as the nigh omnipresent Dragon-, Dark-, and other resisted moves.

ho-oh can't sweep 6-1 simply because it will die of recoil; even with flame charge / tailwind, it will kill itself before it kills the other team

sd exca can *maybe* sweep (i assume you run sand other person runs sand or weatherless), dialga can use bu, manaphy can kill rain (kinda), sub hone zekrom can beat weakened stall, sub cm giratina can beat stall, mewtwo can beat stall and offense kinda

I personally think that the one to get eliminated should be Excadrill. Simply enough, it 99.999999% needs weather, specifically sand, in order to pull off a sweep, as without it any super-effective hit that hits first(which is likely because of 'drill's base 88 speed) will probably be the end of the mole. Morover, if your facing 6 pokes, chances are one of them is going to be Kyogre or Groudon, effectively ending any weather Exca may have in his favor (and about 4/10 of teams run Kyogre).

Another poke that should get eliminated (not to the extent of Excadrill IMO) is Ho-oh. I think this because #1 It's weak to the infamous Stealth Rock #2 If its not behind a sub it is easily revenged by physical scarfers and Kyogre #3 It is constantly taking sub, LO, and Brave Bird damage, which lowers its longevity by quite a bit #4 It can't take physical hits. All these things REALLY lower the chances of it making a comeback from 6-1 to 0-1.

I really think that Groudon or Mewtwo should get a free pass, they are impressive sweepers.

Furai

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Ho-Oh should be eliminated; limited PP + recoil simply mean it will have no chance of making a 6-1 comeback.

Mewtwo should also be eliminated. If it decides to use Recover, it foregoes a coverage move. As devastating as it may be, Mewtwo simply won't be able to make a 6-1 comeback as well, mainly because everyone are so preapred nowadays (read: GENESECT).

Zekrom is slow. Sure, it has Roost now, but it's too slow and won't be able to take much damage. If it decides to go Scarf or CB it's too easy to play around it with 6 Pokemon.

I am honestly very iffy about Excadrill. What are the chances, that out of 6 Pokemon, the foe won't have Groudon, Kyogre, or Rayquaza? Very little. Therefore I say eliminate Excadrill.

Giratina-O just might pull off the sweep with SubCM/RestTalk CM. Dialga can terrorize the foe with its BU RestTalk set as it cannot be phazed, and Manaphy can easily stack up boosts and sweep the team, though I'm rather iffy about it as well, but for now it should move on.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Wait...is the voting for elimination the poke weakest in this scenario (6-1 comeback) or just in general? I thought it was the latter... but for both cases, I think that Excadrill should be eliminated because of its ridiculous dependence on weather and relatively low speed, as most pokemon in Ubers have 90+ base speed. It's also very frail therefore giving it little staying power and lacks the choice sets to make it an immediate threat.

I also thought that elimination was based off of it just being in general, but I may have been wrong.

As for Genesect stopping Mewtwo, you could argue that Genesect could stop many of these monsters from wiping an opposing team by itself. However, Mewtwo is less vulnerable from Genesect than those others, because only ScarfSect completely threatens Mewtwo. It also doesn't need Recover if it's a non-Life Orb set (even then you may not need it, but if it loses 40% of its HP or more from anything that isn't Life Orb recoil it's done) to stop an opposing team.

I originally thought the same thing about Mewtwo, but then I had a 1-6 victory with it.

Hmmmm. I know it's late, but Manaphy and Excadrill are simply too weather dependent to completely pull off a sweep. Meanwhile, Ho-Oh's glaring weakness to stealth rock and somewhat need of sun makes it a prime candidate to be downed. In the end, I would have to say Ho-Oh. Assuming a rain team (which are somewhat common in this tier-on your team or not) and sandstorm (any team with Excadrill will have sandstorm support). I would say Ho-Oh. It's powerful, but a 50% loss in hp on a switch in and weaknesses to thunder, neutrality to ice, and death to rock leave huge holes it it being a plausible sweeper. Sorry Birdy, I vote you off.

However, Riley, Exca's sand has a large chance of being removed, due to the large amount of Groudon and Kyogre on teams. Since their respective monster would at least be able to switch in to change the weather (it wouldn't be a true 1-6 if rocks fainted anything immediately upon switching in) to make it inferior to pretty much everything in the tier most of the time. Even if the opponent has a T-Tar (which is uncommon to rare in the tier, as compared to the ever present sun and rain), they'd likely just leave it for last to prevent you from getting sand as long as possible. Its weaknesses gained from Steel- and Ground-type also are very likely to cause defeat by plenty of the tier, anyway.

You're completely right, Daggerfall. Without weather(sand) support Excadrill is very likely to be picked off easily. I would without doubt say he's my second choice for elimination. However, Ho-Oh is somewhat frail and can really only sweep with sun and the ability to heal (roost, regenerator, etc). In addition, may Pokemon in the tier pack an electric move, and there is prevalent use of stealth rock. Ho-Oh is a good Pokemon without doubt, but I just don't see it pulling off a 6-pokemon sweep.

Ho-oh should be eliminated. Stealth Rocks take away 50% of its HP everytime it switches in. Despite having Regenerator, it is still at a huge disadvantage. Other than that, Brave Bird has recoil so it reduces its survival rate even more.

Excadrill should also be eliminated. It needs Sand up to efficiently pull of a sweep. What are the chances that the opposing team doesn't have a weather inducer or Rayquaza? Without Sand, Excadrill can basically only Rapid Spin.

Furai

I just want to point out that the Stealth Rock argument of Ho-Oh does not matter that much this time. Sure, it's 50% everytime, but everytime in this scenario would be only once. Ho-Oh is bulky enough to Roost of that damage as well. What limits Ho-Oh is that huge recoil and low PP, as well as that average speed I suppose. It's a huge disadvantage, I'll give you that, but it's not what stops Ho-Oh from making the 6-1 comeback.

Well, the rules don't say anything against it, so I'm hijacking this thread until DracoYoshi stops forgetting about it.

Elimination voting has now started. You have until Friday, December 14th at 6 P.M. EST to vote. Votes must be in bold or they will not be counted. Reasoning behind your vote is not required, but would be nice.

As for myself, I'm voting for Excadrill to be eliminated. My reasoning is as explained in my above posts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)