Multi Gen Ubers Teambuilding Competition v2

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
Johnx's team loses to pursuit+Kyogre, LO Zekrom 6-0es, and for what is seemingly a stall team it has no countermeasures versus mega gengar. Such threats are weaknesses caused by the use of Skarmory and this team fails to cover them.

Not to target you in any way, but seriously guys, stop bandwagoning

Last edited:
Johnx's team loses to pursuit+Kyogre, LO Zekrom 6-0es, and for what is seemingly a stall team it has no countermeasures versus mega gengar. Such threats are weaknesses caused by the use of Skarmory and this team fails to cover them.

Not to target you in any way, but seriously guys, stop bandwagoning
Kyogre is the main thread, Arceus Ground can be used over Arceus Water to stop Gengar and Zekrom, but is correctly that, Kyogre sweep me easy

Deoxys-Speed @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Palkia @ Haban Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Dark Void
- Taunt

Rayquaza is such an odd pokemon in the BW2 metagame. It fills few defensive roles, making it less splashable than comparable offensive dragon types. Therefore, I focused on what Ray does bring to the table: immense offensive presence, weather control, and strong priority. Looking at these traits, I decided to build a weatherless offense team with Mixed Rayquaza, as it checks weather sweepers that usually threaten that playstyle, has nearly no switch ins with 2 layers of hazards down, and anti-leads opposing Deoxys-S. From here, I added Rocky Helm Deoxys-S, which gets 2 layers of hazards down more consistently than its offensive Sash counterpart and is harder to anti-lead in general if the opponent doesn't expect it. This team can also afford not to go for the Deo-S tie in the mirror since Ray anti-leads all BW2 Deo-S variants. Every hyper-offensive team with Deo-S needs a spinblocker. Not wanting to add Giratina-O, another dragon that doesn't check Kyogre effectively, I added offensive CM Arceus-Ghost. Ghosty with significant SpA investment is much harder to check than the bulky variant, netting quite a few KOs at +1 that the standard set does not. Its reduced bulk isn't too problematic, as Ghosty still checks what it needs to and I would much rather have the extra offensive presence on this team, which thrives on keeping offensive momentum. Next, I added Palkia to my team to check Kyogre. I chose Palkia over its cohort Latios because it provides an Iron Head resist and has STABs that do not neuter it after they are used, giving my team greater resilience against Scarf Gene and making it harder to lose momentum on mispredicts. Haban Berry was chosen as Palkia's item when I realized my completed team lacked switch-ins for Scarf Dialga and opposing Palkia, the former of which comes in on Palkia rather easily after a kill or on a prediction and the latter of which may aim for a seed tie in desperate situations. Dragon Tail was added to pressure support Arc formes after the loss of Lustrous Orb. I added physical Scarf Gene as the obligatory scarfer to patch up weaknesses to Darkrai, Mewtwo, DD Ray, etc while being able to OHKO Darkrai with U-Turn at +0 and cheese with Iron Head lategame. Flamethrower can be nice to clean against offense with Groudon and hits steels. I generally find it more useful than Explosion. Darkrai was the final pokemon added to this team to check CM Arc formes, namely Ghost, while still being an offensive threat. Taunt was chosen as the last move to pressure Sleep Talkers like defensive Ogre and CB Ho-Oh for Arceus-Ghost, as well as to stop setup/recovery in dangerous situations, making it a superior choice to Thunder on this team. Generally, this team fares better against weather sweepers and the mirror Deo-S (Helm) lead than other weatherless teams like Skyless World and doesn't gain any major weaknesses despite its unique addition.

i doubt most ppl saw this squad so i'll talk about it more

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Roar

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Roar
- Recover

Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 228 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Destiny Bond
- Mirror Coat
- Counter

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Blast

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder

to make use of rayquaza's defensive and offensive niche, u have to opt to use it on an offensively inclined squad which appreciates its balance breaking ability. rayquaza squads are kinda scarce just b.c. giratina-o has a /better/ defensive niche (covers mewtwo, better groudon check, etc) but it can't match with ray's power. on this squad ray's pretty nifty since it's an exca check on sand (most sands are surprisingly weak to opposing exca) and also is a ground immune to help with groudon. as wobbuffet checks mewtwo for the squad, i don't need the defensive capabilities of a gira-o here. wobb+ray is just a really cute combo, especially with ray being able to run dragon dance, because it's just a ton of free set up, similar to wobbmence in xy. espeed on ray is normally used to be a decent lead against deo-s and the ability to pick off a darkrai, so i opted for a scarf palkia to help cover darkrai and ran crunch opposed to pursuit on tyranitar. as this team is hyper offensive, pursuit is pretty unnecessary and giving rayquaza the ability to dragon dance is much more worth it than killing a switching latios. arceus-steel is kinda the oddball on the squad, but i needed a soft check to arceus-ghost (who is still a threat regardless) and the typing to help soft check other mons like ekiller was too good to turn down. palkia, as i stated earlier, is the main ogre switchin (the team overpowers defensive ogre p well) and runs scarf mainly for darkrai and rayquaza. it's actually a threat to many of the typical ho squads atm since even genesect can't outspeed. excadrill is a nifty fastmon, zekrom check, and general nuisance to mostly any team. zekrom checks are actually kinda hard to fit on good ray squads, and exca seemed like a fit. i thought about giivng it sd > rapid spin but the hazard removal has been clutch at times. idk.. this team's pretty fun to play tho.

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay then. Here are the entries for this round:

ZoroarkForever:
dice:

orch
Thugly Duckling
steelphoenix
ZoroarkForever
ApplepieFTW
Nayrz
Iris
Level 56

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)