1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Ubers X&Y Fantasy: The Typing Of Fairy Tales! (UPDATE: FAIRY TYPE'S CHART CONFIRMED!!)

Discussion in 'BW Ubers' started by Theorymon, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

So far Jigglypuff, Sylveon, Marill, and Gardevoir.
  2. Theorymon

Theorymon ☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄☄
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Alright guys, Since Fairy was confirmed, this thread will NEVER be locked! However, I'll get a poll up soon with some ideas for the next Ubers X&Y Fantasy thread, please PM me any ideas you have for crazy mechanical changes. If the Uber mods like me think its good, it'll be in the poll!
  3. Terraquaza

Terraquaza You chegger?
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Ubers X&Y REALITY: The Typing of Fairy Tales

lgi fairy arceus
  4. Asbestospoison

Asbestospoison

So now we have arceus that can do SE damage to dragon-types, hopefully without the crappy weaknesses of Ice. This should be interesting, especially if Fairy gets some good resistances (or even just a resistance to dragon). Anyways, I'd say it could become pretty popular, simply because it can probably take care of dragons.
  5. Organization Member XIV

Organization Member XIV

Well Fairyceus, assuming they give him a Fairy Plate or something, will smash dragons with judgment. Without full details of the type and its matchups though we should probably only talk about what it can do for certain with the new type until they reveal more.
  6. WelshDragonite

WelshDragonite

For now at least Fairy Typing is now Confirmed, so what Tier for Gardevoir and sylveon do you think it will be in and how do they fair in such as UU? even though its not uber relevant but we are talking about fairy typing at this stage.
  7. Asbestospoison

Asbestospoison

They'll probably move up simply because of their use against dragon-types, but I'd say it's too early to say. We know nothing about new moves (fairy or otherwise), new pokemon that could make them less useful, or even sylveon's stats. However, I imagine if there are any good physical fairy-type moves, Azumarill could easily become OU.
  8. Ghostbone

Ghostbone

Fairy Arceus is going to be super strong.

Like steel arceus, but better, >.>
  9. AJC

AJC

they also haven't revealed the rest of their type effectiveness/weaknesses so until we know that we sould hold off on them being truly anti dragons for all we know gamefreak could had flubbed and made them weak to extremely common typing's.
  10. Soul Fly

Soul Fly IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
    is a Contributor to Smogon

So far poison's doing rounds. Which, the case being sounds OP for fairies right now because almost no one runs poison coverage. The future depends on how high fairy types go in usage, and how generally useful the typing is. (For eg: How steel is a great defensive type with solid neutral offensive coverage and not just a dragon cockblocker)
  11. Jibaku

Jibaku Not taking FS requests atm.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

QUICK post cuz tmon requested and I'm too lazy to calc everything.

Using the stuff from this thread, Azelf seems to have some potential

Azelf @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    IDK WHAT THEY'RE GONNA DO WITH EVS AND IVS AND STUFF
    Naive/Hasty
    - DRAGON SLAYER ATTACK
    - Fire Blast
    - U-turn
    - Trick / Explosion / Psyshock

Ok so let's assume this Dragon slayer attack has at least 100 BP and is Special. That's enough to deal at least 80% to Garchomp/Palkia/Rayquaza/no SDef Dialga. Azelf is faster than +2 neutral Kingdra as well (don't rely on it cuz he'll just run +Speed).

Maybe this guy:

Yanmega @ Life Orb
    Trait: Speed Boost
    W/e nature
    - Bug Buzz
    - Dragon Slayer Attack
    - HP Rock
    - Protect

HP Rock covers Fire (hi Ho-Oh), Bug Buzz covers Psychics and the last fairy type move covers everything else in the game. Watch out for Heatran and special walls. Avoid Scizor like plague. If this Fairy-type attack has like 120 BP you can probably leave massive dents on Arceus.

Otherwise, I got nothing.
  12. Theorymon

is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Another mon I'm thinking has serious potential to get better is Mew. Now, if it gets an offensive Fairy attack, NP can finally have some serious stuff over Mewtwo, but THAT's not the reason I'm really interested. The thing that makes me curious is that Dragon Immunity: with it, Mew is now immune to Dragon Tail. This means that Mew with Taunt is hard to phaze again, thus making Mew a great bulky Baton Passer again!
  13. Soul Fly

Soul Fly IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Is the Dragon immunity confirmed?

Right now all I can find is it being weak to poison and steels (unconfirmed rumors)
  14. blitzlefan

blitzlefan shake it off!

No it is not. Nothing is confirmed except for the fact that Fairy is super effective on Dragon.
  15. Subject 18

Subject 18 S H M A C K E D
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Server Moderator

From Serebii it says it's weak to Dragon. Pokemon XY also says the same. From the Pokemon XY also Fairy is weak to Ice. I would say take this with a grain of salt until more is confirmed, maybe the roundtable later will have more info.
  16. Melee Mewtwo

Melee Mewtwo Is a Fox main.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Doubting Pokebeach but I'll still play. Gardevoir has some interesting stuff going for it as an Ubers wall.

Show Hide

252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo Psystrike vs. 248 HP / 132 Def Gardevoir: 143-168 (42.18 - 49.55%) -- 37.11% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    (With Protect this works)

252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 128+ SpD Gardevoir: 139-165 (41 - 48.67%) -- 17.97% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Roc
    (scary under Sun though)

252 SpA Soul Dew Latios Thunder vs. 248 HP / 128+ SpD Gardevoir: 141-167 (41.59 - 49.26%) -- 28.13% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Soul Dew Latios Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 132 Def Gardevoir: 116-137 (34.21 - 40.41%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Soul Dew Latios Surf vs. 248 HP / 128+ SpD Gardevoir in rain: 169-199 (49.85 - 58.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    (Can wall once it is in)

208 SpA Soul Dew Latias Thunder vs. 248 HP / 128+ SpD Gardevoir: 122-144 (35.98 - 42.47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

+1 208 SpA Soul Dew Latias Thunder vs. 248 HP / 128+ SpD Gardevoir: 182-215 (53.68 - 63.42%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
    ( :( )

So it has some potential, especially with it's diverse movepool. The major downside, though, is that it lacks Recover so it has to eat up a slot for Wish + Protect. Plus it's still a bit fragile so it's not quite a godsend but definitely another option.
  17. UltiMario

UltiMario

Do people really not know how to read

That's talking about how DRAGON is weak to Dragon and Ice.

@Melee Mewtwo: Who says Fairy isn't going to get its own 50% recovery move?
  18. Haruno

Haruno I choose you!
    is a Tiering Contributor

Who says that it would? Until further info is released, rather than focusing on moves that might/not be released we should focus on a pokemon's current move pool.

I am happy about fairy types though, depending on how it plays out it might dethrone dragon as the best offensive type.
  19. Melee Mewtwo

Melee Mewtwo Is a Fox main.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I just hope it doesn't take the crown itself. Personally, I find that the insider of Pokebeach still has to go quite a ways to prove himself (Poke Amie is a pretty big thing to miss out on and a lot of this seems fan based) but if Fairy type gets the Dragon immune plus a bunch of things it resists/resists it then it will be an excellent balancing type.
  20. Haruno

Haruno I choose you!
    is a Tiering Contributor

Well realistically with what theorymon gave us, fairy is an excellent attacking type. Poison types need massive additions in order for it to be considered viable and fire types will be gimped so even resisted fairy hits will put a nice dent after sr. Depending on what gains a fairy type though, we might see some ubers dethroned cough resh cough and some other mons rising to uber.
  21. superstar

superstar

I think overall, Dragon Tail will drastically fall in usage. This will make Groudon and Giratina-A more susceptible to Taunt again, so we might see a rise in Taunt users, which would be cool. Fairy Arceus will probably be a top 4 Forme with its incredble CM set, as other's have posted. Mew is gonna be boss if it gets the typing, as will Chansey.
  22. Shiruba

Shiruba

fires will resist fairy tho
  23. Fireburn

Fireburn BARN ALL
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I'd like to draw some attention to this one after watching the Second UK XY Trailer at about 1:20:

Here, we see the now part Fairy Gardevoir using what is obviously an offensive Fairy-type attack against the Dark/Dragon Hydreigon. We already know that Hydreigon is partially weak to Fairy because of its Dragon-type...but what of its Dark-type?

In the video, Hydreigon's HP falls to 56/152 after the use of Fairy Wind, which is about 63.1% damage. With that in mind, I did some calcs, making the following assumptions:

1. Hydreigon and Gardevoir are at Level 50 (Hydreigon was Level 50 in the video) and have no EVs and 31 in all IVs.
    2. Both have neutral natures.
    3. Both have no item.
    4. Fairy Wind has 60 BP (inference from similarly named attacks Silver Wind and Ominous Wind).

Assuming this, we have provided only one of Hydreigon's types is weak to Fairy:

0 SpA Gardevoir (Move 1 = Fairy Wind) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Hydreigon: 90-108 (53.89 - 64.67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

63.1% damage falls neatly in this range. But what if Dark is also weak to Fairy?

0 SpA Gardevoir (Move 1 = Fairy Wind) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Hydreigon: 180-216 (107.78 - 129.34%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Hmm...

Granted, we don't know Gardevoir's level or the true power of this new attack (and I made a lot of assumptions), but perhaps Fairy isn't actually super effective against Dark.
  24. Theorymon

A problem with this is that Hydreigon has 152 HP, that's a 0 IV in HP. I think Ivs may be screwing with this!

EDIT: NVM, it still doesnt change much. hmm... interesting! the Fairy stuff could be outdated! I will update when we get new info for sure.
  25. Fireburn

Fireburn BARN ALL
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Whoops. XD

I redid the calc assuming both have 0 IVs in everything:

0 SpA Gardevoir (Move 1 = 60 BP Fairy Wind) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Hydreigon: 96-114 (63.15 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Now that's min damage. Hrm.

IVs probably are screwing with this, but it's still something to think about.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)