UK Arceus Event - GAME Stores

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

UK Arceus Event

In the two weeks running up to the launch of Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver in the UK, from March 13th - March 21st, GAME will be hosting events in selected stores. You'll be the first to play HeartGold & SoulSilver, meet other Pokémon fans to trade, collect and battle to determine who is the best trainer. And if that weren't enough there'll be face painting and balloon modelling in selected stores and a Pokémon expert to give you hints and tips - who knows he may accept a challenge or two! I think we all know who this is now, if you go to events often! You'll have the chance to download the mighty Arceus to your copy of Pokémon Diamond, Pokémon Pearl & Pokémon Platinum! Don't forget to bring your DS lite, DSi or DSi XL with you. It's also now confirmed that GAME will be giving out the figures of Lugia & Ho-Oh for people who pre-order HeartGold & SoulSilver.

Saturday 13th March

Glasgow Fort - 285 Provan Walk, Glasgow Fort Shopping Centre, Junction 10 - M8, Glasgow, G34 9DY
Castle Court, Belfast - Unit 55, Castle Court Shopping Centre, Belfast Ireland, BT1 1DD
Son_of_Shadoo,
The Fort, Manchester - Unit 18, Manchester Fort, Shopping Centre, Manchester, Lancashire, M8 8EP
Havak, Toothache,
Nuneaton - 7-9 Queens Road, Nuneaaton, Warickshire, CV11 5JL
Swansea - Unit 2, The Pod, Morfa Retail Park, Swansea, West Glamorgan, SA1 7DF
Oxford St, London - 100 Oxford Street, London, W1D 9LL
Osirus182, Wichu, Joel, stingray_spin, Dan Dan, Dominic, Lord Feraligatr, dee66
Brighton - 43-44 Western Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 2EB
Gregers_Likes_Pie

Sunday 14th March

Dundee - ...
Craigavon - Unit 16, Rushmere Shopping Centre, Craigavon, BT64 1AA
Meadowhall, Sheffield - Unit 29, High Street, Meadowhall Centre, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S9 1EN
SBM, vashta, Joel,
vashta, Joel,
Bedford - 27-29 Midland Road, Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK40 1PL
Wichu,
Cardiff - 92 Queen Street, Cardiff, South Glamorgan, CF10 2GR
Norwich - 2-10 Back of the Inns, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 1PT
Darkvirus, Lord Feraligatr,
Portsmouth - 226 Commercial Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 1HG

Saturday 20th March

Gateshead - 17 Red Pathway, Metro Centre, Gateshead, NE11 9HX
Preston - Unit 8, Fishergate Centre, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 8HJ
Selfridges, Birmingham - 2nd Floor, Upper Mall East, Bullring, Birmingham, B5 4BP
B-Lulz, cantab,
Aylesbury - Units 36-37, Friars Sq. Shopping Centre, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP20 2SP
Osirus182,
Cabot Circus, Bristol - SU16 Cabot Circus, Broadmead, Bristol, BS1 3BH
Ashley,
Kingston - 64-66 Clearence Street, Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 1NP
Raikou151,
Plymouth - 81-83 New George Street, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 1RB

Sunday 21st March

Newcastle - 3 Chevy Chase, Eldon Square, Newcastle, Tyne and Wear, NE1 7XP Lee,
Liverpool - Unit 44, South John Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 8BU
Keelhauled,
Wolverhampton - 55 Dudley Street, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WW1 3EY
Harrow - 68-70 St Anns Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 1JX
Hanley - 214-215 The Potteries, Hanley, Staffordshire, ST1 1PS
Reading - Unit 18, Oracle Shopping Centre Reading, Berkshire, RG1 2AQ
Cinaclov,
Monks Cross, Callington - Unit B, Monks Cross Retail Park, Huntington, York, YO32 9GX
thelaytonmobile,

So, it'd be nice if some UK Smogon members can meet up at some of these Events, eh? I'll be going to the Manchester one, if you want to meet up I'd be happy to. Also, if you are going and want to be added underneath said Event, just post saying so.

This is going to be the Arceus to trade to HeartGold & SoulSilver and get one of the Dragon Trio.

I should think I'll be making the Birmingham one too. I still need to order HG/SS anyway.

Wonder if they'd notice - or care - if I try to get it on my flash cart? That way I could get multiple Arceus. I'll be bringing my legit Platinum as well of course.

Finally, an Arceus event! I'll probably be in York, with four cartridges to download onto!
Anyone coming to York have a legit Darkrai I can borrow? :D
I have a legitamate Mew if anyone wants one...

vashta

"It was pretty cool to watch Tim Duncan from afar"
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I will be going to Sheffield as it's where I live. I'm happy to meet up with people if the case comes.

Amazing, I didnt actually think we'd get an event just a wi-fi download....bonus!!! I think i'll try and make either the London or Alesbury one, it'll be nice to meet some smogoners if anyonesactually going to either of these stops.

Do we know anything about the Arceus? Is it going to be another level 100, or might we actually get it at a lower level. Any special moves expected? Being as how it's a HG/SS event, it would be great to see something like Aeroblast (Lugia), Sacred Fire (Ho-oh), Leech Seed (Celebi), and Judgement.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Likely going to Sheffield one if I can find a decent price, otherwise going to the London one.
EDIT: Now definitely going to Sheffield one.

Havak

is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, it's just going to be the same event Arceus given away all over Europe already. Level 100, Rowap Berry, Spacial Rend, Roar of Time, Shadow Force.

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
*Terms and Conditions: To receive your download code for Alpha Pokémon Arceus for your Pokédex just bring along a copy of Pokémon Diamond, Pokémon Pearl or Pokémon Platinum and a DS console. Without this we are unable to provide a code. No codes will be provided by email. One code per person. Any codes lost or misplaced will not be replaced. The figurine will be available to anyone who purchases a Pokémon product on the day (including pre-orders of HG & SS).
Does anyone understand what this means? I've never heard of a download code before, I would have expected it to be on local wifi download or Wondercard or something.

In case anyone is wondering, I will be around the Manchester event on 13th, so I may see you there.

Does anyone understand what this means? I've never heard of a download code before, I would have expected it to be on local wifi download or Wondercard or something.

In case anyone is wondering, I will be around the Manchester event on 13th, so I may see you there.
They must've misspelled wondercard.

Havak <3
Will probably be going to the liverpool one, didn't bother with the summer event as it was on my birthday / CBA syndrome, but i should make an effort to go this time.

My guess is they simply don't want to use jargon. A lot of people probably don't know what a wondercard is. It's possible that it's being done differently, but I doubt it.

Slightly disappointed it's the same old Farceus. But still, the Alpha Pokemon is the Alpha Pokemon.

Havak

Yeah Toothache, I read that. I think it's just some ambiguous wording - what I expect is that it's only one Figure per person if you buy something and download Arceus on the day.

I'm pretty sure it'll be a regular wondercard mystery gift download.

I'll see you at the Manchester one Toothache :)

I'll most likely make the Oxford Street one in two weeks' time. I might even try to get there before it opens.
I will also be going to the Oxford Street one, PM me your mob number closer the time.

The Kingston one is nearer to me, but it's actually a lot easier to get to London than Kingston from where I live.

I'm either going to the one on Oxford St or to the one in Norwich. I'll be going with a whole bunch of people so i'm having to wait for the group to select one. What nature Arceus are people going to soft reset for ? Wonder if Dave (Ash) will be there again ?

I only live 9 miles away from Kingston, so if I decide to go, it will be there.

The only other event i've been to was the Shaymin event in Guildford, April last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)