Unpopular opinions

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
We've had Avatar the Last Airbender mentioned before, and I feel like if they wanted to Ash could easily progress the same way Aang or maybe even Korra did. Aang starts as the funny kid, who is upset about his past but wants to save those who are important to him. As the show progressed, he became a more mature person but still retained his happy attitude while having his dark moments. Ash could of gone this way, starting with the nooby, hot-headed boy from Pallet Town who slowly matured, loses his hot-headedness, and finally mastered the league. But, for the sake of the current viewers (7-12? My best guess.) they want him to stay an age they can relate too without changing his character much at all.
I would say Ash was sort of like that in Sinnoh which I think has been his best showing yet. Unova REALLY messed up his character though I feel XY may be improving is character once more.

To completely switch gears, my current hate is the fact that Charizard and Mewtwo get two Mega Stones while every other Pokemon gets 1 (at most). Mewtwo, though, at least makes sense. It was genetically engineered to be powerful and probably all that DNA tweaking caused it to get a split in its abilities. But Charizard that was merely bending over backwards to appeal to Charizard fanboys. I honestly think Charizard should have gotten only one Mega. Now it's just out of place and completely stupid in my opinion.
Yeah, despite Charizard being my favorite he just needed one. Give him Mega Charizard Y's design, Mega Charizard X's typing, as for its Ability and stats... I say give it Tough Claws but still have its Special Attack higher than its physical Attack. I'd post exact stats but I feel that would be going a bit too far. Basically keep it as a mixed attacker with Touch Claws boosting its Attack to about the same level as its Special Attack.

And as for them "adding" in MCX last second, no, it was always planned. Either because of Charizard's popularity or they just made two designs they really liked (possibly both) is way Charizard got 2 Megas.

I just don't like the thing on Mewtwo Y's head. It makes it look like it wanted to be Suicune for a day.
Oh yeah, that says "The heck is this?!" if you can't read my messy computer handwriting.
With its major Special Attack increase I think what they were going with MMY is that all the focus was on the head. The body looks underdeveloped with only the fingers and toes standing out. Its head is where all the design is. I'm not so sure what the "halo/handle" thing is but the bigger head leads one to think a bigger brain. It could be the "head tail" holds muscles, veins, maybe even some extra organs to function the brain. Notice how small MMY's neck is and how normal Mewtwo and MMX need extra neck tubes, probably for this reason. I wouldn't be surprised if MMY needs to use its psychic powers to move its body, though the fingers and toes probably can move with normal muscle reflex (which is why they're colored differently, they're more developed).

I really hate Shauna and Tierno. Calem/Serena and Trevor are okay, but I despise those two. Shauna is the most annoying little thing that has ever existed. Tierno on the other hand is extremely creepy to me, only beaten by Mr. Bonding. Did her first line have to be, "And i'm Shauna! We're coming to get you!" that line alone is creepy. What would it be like meeting a strange girl who says she is here to get you? I feel sympathy for male players as well, they endure this, "Um… You know… I've never watched fireworks alone with a boy before." can she be any more sappy? She reminds me of a neighbor I have, who is really nice, but something about her ticks me off and makes me want to punch someone. Tierno is alright, I just don't like him for unknown reasons.
The XY rivals weren't that good, its like they saw how successful two rivals were in BW and decided to add more. Trevor and Tierno don't do ANYTHING, and Shauna is a bit too extroverted (but she does join you and the opposite gender rival when facing Team Flare & Lysandre which I do give her props for. Yeah I know they said Trevor and Tierno were on the route before helping the Pokemon but that effort sort of went for naught as the Ultimate Weapon's only shot was fueled by whatever remaining energy from the Legendary it drained). The opposite gender rival also fell a bit flat, they constantly talk about how you and them are equal when that's clearly not the case. They think their on the same level when honestly they're a step behind and it sort of hurts their character as it kind of stops them from developing. I think on Victory Road they realize they're lagging behind but its sort of too late by then and the next time you see them is post game where they can Mega Evolve so we didn't get to see any development. Now there was plenty of potential for development in the characters (infact we did see some in Shauna, one of the scenes I remember with her is when she's thinking back on our adventure and how we're all different since we started, she's the only character who introspects like that), but since there was too many they really couldn't for that long without another logically coming in and interrupting (especially for Tierno and Trevor who were often traveling together).

Honestly I felt more for Emma than I did for any of the rivals.

Mega Rayquaza should have never existed.

Not only did Rayquaza receive an unnecessary power boost, but a Primal Rayquaza would make the lore MUCH better, while not being the Game-Breaker the Mega-Ray is.
I wouldn't say it doesn't deserve to exist but more that we need some other Mega Evos like it to justify it. I get why they did what they did but until we get others like it (I'd say leaders of trios like Lugia, Ho-Oh, Regigigas, Arceus, Cabolion(?)) it's a huge, bright green sore thumb.

1. Same with Lysandre. He's like another Cyrus, which is awesome, but honestly, I need to know: how did he develop a grudge against humanity?

2. And how did he acquire Xerneas/Yveltal?

3. The AZ backstory from the ancient Kalos war needs some clearing up too. Like how did AZ power the ultimate weapon? How could he used it to revive his Floette and make himself immortal? How did he use it to kill everyone? (The story hints that he used the powers of Xerneas and Yveltal, and ORAS hints at this too, but it's never really stated).

4. I also want to see how Lysandre aims to kill everyone yet keep his own team alive: Xerneas or Yveltal alone wouldn't be able to do both.
1. Lysandre is an extremist humanitarian. He wants the world to be a beautiful place but it can't be with people suffering. So he created company to develop technology to help out his fellow man. But no matter how much he gave he realized there will always be someone somewhere suffering. He then got into paranoid thinking that since there are limited resourced but the population keeps growing in the future things would turn to a dystopia where the few selfish would keep the worlds resources for themselves letting the majority suffer.
Basically he thinks people are selfish jerks who don't share and would ruin the beautiful world he wants.

2. Probably just found it. The Legendary is asleep, its not going anywhere.

3. The stone pillars on Route 10 are the remains of the Pokemon who were chained to stone slabs and life force was drained to power the weapon. Don't know how he made it to do what he wanted though.

4. I think the Ultimate Weapon just has the ability to do both, it just needs power to do it, at least when at full power.

Most people are content to say the Anime's only awful these days, or even just after gen 1 or 2, but honestly... the worst thing the anime done in my opinion was in the first episode.
Ho-oh's appearance. It annoys the fuck out of me.
Now not necessarily the episode itself; the way it does it is fine. It's more the fact that it's never brought up again. I mean... okay, there's that one scene in the Pokémon Center in the next episode (or was it the episode after? idk) where Ash tells Oak about it, but beyond that nothing. Come on, this is the thing that inspired Ash to be a trainer, and not only was it a Pokémon we'd never seen before, it was a Legendary we'd never seen before. You'd think they'd make some arc out of it; but when they get to Ecruteak in Gen 2... I think Ash might have mentioned it? But nothing else. It's so annoying.
Ash did see Ho-Oh again at the end of the Battle Frontier arc. Also it didn't inspire Ash to become the trainer, but it probably gave him some encouragement to keep going after his disastrous few days as a trainer so he could see more Pokemon like it. However its not forgotten but more discussion about it doesn't come up so often.

I let the 10-move thing slide because there's no way to justify the fours moves thing outside of the context of game mechanics.
Nowadays they do have the 4 move limit (it was even mentioned in a episode of BW where they knew 3 of an opponent's moves and wondered what the 4th was). I think they justify it with it being a competition and there are rules to follow (also I guess helps a trainer focus their strategies).

However Drake's Dragonite is allowed to slide simply because its a final boss and made for an awesome battle as it looked like it had a counter for everything.

I'm depressed at XY now because I essentially soloed the game with Mega Luke, Mega Zard X, and Xerneas.
Yeah, I went through Y with Delphox, Blaziken, and Charizard. Yup, my main 3 were all part Fire-type yet didn't have a single problem (helped I had MCY and it knew Solar Beam). I did have the traded Farfetch'd (mainly for Fly, Cut, and False Swipe), but it didn't come out to battle for long when it did.

The Pokémon games are not fun anymore to me due to GF's refusal to do anything new beyond Mega Evolution. The only things I really enjoy about Pokémon these days are the world and multi battles with friends - the games themselves are extremely primitive and outdated compared to what other RPGs can do these days.
I think it mainly just needs to start focusing a bit more on story. The main point of the adventure is almost second nature now, there needs to be lore and an involving story to make the world and even the game mechanics more interesting and maybe even have a point.

Now onto more recent posts:

You know you're not required to reply to everyone.
And you don't have to read them if you don't want to. It's why I clearly label what page I'm responding too.

He's basically necrobumping discussions that don't require replies in the first place due to the nature of this thread being "post to get this off of your chest and forget". If it's from more than a page or two ago don't fucking respond to it.

It's just improper forum etiquette
Necrobumping? Necrobumping is me bumping an old thread topic from several months ago. I'm just giving some quick responses to a few discussions on one thread I want to give my opinion on that are at most a month old. And as I said, I put all these comments in spoiler/hide tabs so if you don't want to read them you don't have to.

I think I prefer Girafarig's original design though, it looks even cuter like that.
Maybe Mega Girafarig will look like that, the black tail becomes a full head.

New Unpopular Opinion:
Kind of getting tired of all the Pokemon Shuffle events, its starting to feel like they're replacing main game events and already we didn't get a lot of those outside of Japan.

I dunno, I kinda like them. I just think a Jewel should be given to the winners too (I FINALLY GOT A MEGA STONE FROM AN EVENT! :D) for the coins spent to rank highly. Main Game could use some more interesting events though. It would be cool to have a challenge set up by Gamefreak which would give you prizes, like a Mega Stone you can't get for you copy of the game, rare candy, or even a shiny. Something like this could go on for say a shiny. Catch 25 Different Fighting Types and receive a shiny of your choice of the 25 you caught! You would put the Pokemon into a special box (Event Box maybe, like the Battle Box) and they will all be emptied except for the one you want to have as a shiny. Because right now the main game events you just connect to the internet and get something, or go to GameStop as recently that's how it's done. With Shuffle it adds a challenge, something you need to work hard for to get your reward. With the main games, all you need is a code, and you're done. Doesn't seem all that rewarding to me. But Shuffle does have a lot of events, I have to agree on that. But they need to do something to keep people playing the game.

I was fine with Shuffle up until the Mega Gengar stage then I just felt it got WAY too unfair and like that they WANTED you to purchase gems to do anything. So that's why I quit.

I think I prefer Girafarig's original design though, it looks even cuter like that.
Is that much of an unpopular opinion, though? I for one didn't even know that this concept design existed. o_o completely new to me. I do like it, though. It makes more sense than its tail having a sentient head of its own. Mutation is the only thing that would justify both designs, but at least I can mentally relate this one to CatDog. Not sure which I prefer.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
How in the hell are shuffle events replacing events from the main series games? They're completely different games minus the Pokemon paint job. Shuffle is the type of game that favors events more frequently than the main RPGs, otherwise there would be no point in booting the game up if you've already completed the main stages. If the main series games had a new event every week, not only would we be struggling to acquire and soft reset every single event Pokemon, but the whole concept of event Pokemon being special would end up going extinct before the generation ends, seeing as how it wouldn't take very long before Game Freak would run out of ideas on what to distribute next.

Is that much of an unpopular opinion, though? I for one didn't even know that this concept design existed. o_o completely new to me. I do like it, though. It makes more sense than its tail having a sentient head of its own. Mutation is the only thing that would justify both designs, but at least I can mentally relate this one to CatDog. Not sure which I prefer.
Nah, Girafarig just came up, and you mentioned how one of the ways it's fun to use is because of its appearance. Thought I might share this, because having a Chain Chomp on its backend doesn't make much sense to me for being the palindrome Pokemon.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Using cheat devices is totally justified to get the IVs, Hidden Power, and Shinies you want, because the current system is bullshit even with the breeding changes (any RNG is too much RNG). I shouldn't have to wastes hours of my time just to get some decent IVs when I can drop $20 bucks for a Power Save and never have to care again. Who cares how you got them as long as they don't have illegal movesets or abilities; when you're battling skill matters more.

As a caveat to this, Wi-Fi trading is a waste of time and pretty worthless outside of getting some Event Mons from friends.

I've hated Shuffle for some time now and I'm absolutely astounded people can actually defend the Pay-2-Win model which is so blatantly obviously destructive. Then again, this is the same fanbase that defends third versions.

I never pay any gold in Shuffle and I still get the highest rank in all events for Mega Stones. Jewels are not mandatory. I've never used them except for having more hearts for 2 EX stages I had problems (and that was stupid of me) I hate when people give false informations. You just need a Mega Start / Disruption delay or a Complexity -1 for Mega Gar.

Pokemon games should stop releasing annually. The yearly release schedule makes the newest games feel staler and staler compared to previous ones. I feel this is especially apparent with XY and ORAS, which both feel stale and boring.

Pokemon remakes need to stop as well.
I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, when you're watching a Nintendo E3 stream and everyone in the chat is screaming "I don't care about this Star Fox where is Pokémon Z?!" it's annoyingly easy to see why Game Freak keep releasing a new Pokémon each year.

That's pretty much the whole point of F2P games.
I figured that. But I also figured it would be a lot more subtle than it was and a lot less "The computer is actively cheating on me so I can buy their gem packs"

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, when you're watching a Nintendo E3 stream and everyone in the chat is screaming "I don't care about this Star Fox where is Pokémon Z?!" it's annoyingly easy to see why Game Freak keep releasing a new Pokémon each year.
I feel like we could shut everyone up if we DO get a Pokemon Z. Probably because everyone felt that Zygarde has to have more to him. I feel it'll be revealed soon. Zygarde's getting a movie revolving around him next year (and Volcanion's being included). I can see both being involved in Pokemon Z or something like that.

But yeah, I was hyped for Star Fox and annoyed by them too... But I guess Game Freak just got people in that sort of rut where they expect a game and then an enhanced remake of the same game (or sequel games like they did for Gen V)

I don't get involved with free-to-play games. Meaning Shuffle would fit into this due to the player having to pay to progress.
Pokemon games should stop releasing annually. The yearly release schedule makes the newest games feel staler and staler compared to previous ones. I feel this is especially apparent with XY and ORAS, which both feel stale and boring.

Pokemon remakes need to stop as well.
I'm going with you here. While I believe XY is as good as the rest, ORAS definitely felt a little incomplete and they didn't go the extra mile unlike with HGSS. Thankfully this year is looking like we're having a break from main series Pokemon games. Yearly releases can become unhealthy for a game series, like with Sonic.

I can stomach the remakes but fans just need to shut up and stop asking for them. First chanting Hoenn Confirmed at every little thing and constantly saying "I want DP remakes in E3", "Maybe they'll skip Gen 4 remakes and do Gen 5", or "Gimme Gen 1 20th Anniversary remake!" Would these people like to develop the games?

I feel like we could shut everyone up if we DO get a Pokemon Z. Probably because everyone felt that Zygarde has to have more to him. I feel it'll be revealed soon. Zygarde's getting a movie revolving around him next year (and Volcanion's being included). I can see both being involved in Pokemon Z or something like that.
Well I mean, it's like the most obvious thing in the world we're getting a new Kalos game featuring Zygarde, my contention is more that it's been less than a year since ORAS. I just feel half the fanbase are greedy little brats :/

Reactions: JES

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Well I mean, it's like the most obvious thing in the world we're getting a new Kalos game featuring Zygarde, my contention is more that it's been less than a year since ORAS. I just feel half the fanbase are greedy little brats :/
Well they can ask for it all they want but I don't think we'll be getting one that soon, heck they haven't even announced it. I'd say they'll probably announce the next version either this December or start of next month then probably release it in the middle of next year or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 18)