Unreleased OU

Important question could we get a list of the RBY moves? Or are they just a tiny bit of moves that would be easy to find?

Important question could we get a list of the RBY moves? Or are they just a tiny bit of moves that would be easy to find?
I don't think there is an available list somewhere. Someone with free time on their hands can make a list of the useful moves. You could search here for "1L" or "1M".

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
lovely kiss nidoking here we come! Also, volcanion will be an interesting option as an azu switch in for offensive teams. Additionally, raikou becomes an even better electric check with volt absorb and kinda gets something to set itself apart from other electric types moreso than pressure. (rip elemental birds tho never forget)

I don't think there is an available list somewhere. Someone with free time on their hands can make a list of the useful moves. You could search here for "1L" or "1M".
Actually, somebody has posted a full list in the RBY thread. Here it is:

Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur get Rage, Mega Drain, Reflect, and Bide.

Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard get Leer, Rage, Take Down, Submission, Reflect, Bide, and Skull Bash.

Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise get Take Down, Bubble Beam, Submission, Rage, Reflect, and Bide. Blastoise (but not Squirtle/Wartortle) also gets Fissure.

Caterpie/Metapod don't get anything, but Butterfree alone gets Razor Wind, Take Down, Rage, Mega Drain, Teleport, Reflect, Bide, and Psywave.

Weedle/Kakuna don't get anything, but Beedrill alone gets Take Down, Mega Drain, Reflect, Bide, and Skull Bash.

Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot get Razor Wind, Take Down, Rage, Reflect, and Bide.

Rattata/Raticate get Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Rage, Bide, and Skull Bash.

Spearow/Fearow get Take Down, Rage, and Bide.

Ekans/Arbok get Take Down, Rage, Mega Drain, Fissure, Bide, and Skull Bash.

Pikachu/Raichu get Take Down, Pay Day, Submission, Rage, Reflect, and Skull Bash.

Sandshrew/Sandslash get Take Down, Submission, Rage, Fissure, Bide, and Skull Bash.

Nidoran-F/Nidorina/Nidoqueen get Tackle, Rage, Reflect, and Bide. Nidorina/Nidoqueen (but not Nidoran-F) also get Horn Drill, Bubble Beam, and Water Gun. Nidoqueen alone also gets Pay Day, Submission, and Fissure.

Nidoran-M/Nidorino/Nidoking get Tackle, Rage, Reflect, Bide, and Skull Bash. Nidorino/Nidoking (but not Nidoran-M) also get Bubble Beam and Water Gun. Nidoking alone also gets Pay Day, Submission, and Fissure.

Clefairy/Clefable get Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Submission, Rage, Teleport, Bide, Skull Bash, Psywave, and Tri Attack.

Vulpix/Ninetales get Take Down, Rage, Reflect, Bide, and Skull Bash.

Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff get Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Submission, Rage, Teleport, Bide, Skull Bash, Psywave, and Tri Attack.

Zubat/Golbat get Razor Wind, Take Down, Rage, Mega Drain, and Bide.

Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume get Take Down, Rage, Reflect, and Bide.

Paras/Parasect get Take Down, Rage, Mega Drain, Reflect, Bide, and Skull Bash.

Venonat/Venomoth get Take Down, Rage, Mega Drain, Reflect, Bide, and Psywave. Venomoth (but not Venonat) also gets Razor Wind, Whirlwind, and Teleport.

Diglett/Dugtrio get Take Down, Rage, and Bide.

Meowth/Persian get Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Rage, Bide, and Skull Bash.

Psyduck/Golduck get Take Down, Bubble Beam, Pay Day, Submission, Rage, Bide, and Skull Bash.

Mankey/Primeape get Take Down, Pay Day, Submission, Bide, and Skull Bash. Mankey also gets Rage (Primeape already got it).

Growlithe/Arcanine get Rage, Dragon Rage, Reflect, Bide, and Skull Bash. Arcanine (but not Growlithe) also gets Teleport.

Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath get Take Down, Rage, Bide, Skull Bash, and Psywave. Poliwhirl/Poliwrath (but not Poliwag) also get Fissure. Poliwhirl also gets Submission (Poliwrath already got it). And Poliwag/Poliwhirl also get Amnesia (Poliwrath can't learn it in RBY).

Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam get Take Down, Submission, Rage, Bide, Skull Bash, Psywave, and Tri Attack. Kadabra/Alakazam (but not Abra) also get Dig.

Machop/Machoke/Machamp get Take Down, Rage, Fissure, Bide, and Skull Bash.

Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebel get Take Down, Rage, Mega Drain, and Bide.

Tentacool/Tentacruel get Water Gun, Take Down, Rage, Mega Drain, Reflect, Bide, and Skull Bash.

Geodude/Graveler/Golem get Harden, Take Down, Submission, Rage, Fissure, and Bide.

Ponyta/Rapidash get Rage, Reflect, Bide, and Skull Bash.

Slowpoke/Slowbro get Take Down, Bubble Beam, Pay Day, Rage, Fissure, Teleport, Reflect, Bide, Skull Bash, Psywave, and Tri Attack. Slowbro (but not Slowpoke) also gets Submission.

Magnemite/Magneton get Take Down, Rage, Teleport, and Bide.

Farfetch'd gets Razor Wind, Whirlwind, Take Down, Rage, and Skull Bash.

Doduo/Dodrio get Whirlwind, Take Down, Reflect, Bide, and Skull Bash. Doduo also gets Tri Attack (Dodrio already got it).

Seel/Dewgong get Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Pay Day, Rage, Bide, Skull Bash, and Strength.

Grimer/Muk get Rage, Mega Drain, and Bide.

Shellder/Cloyster get Water Gun, Rage, Teleport, Reflect, Bide, and Tri Attack.

Gastly/Haunter/Gengar get Rage, Mega Drain, Bide, and Skull Bash. Gastly/Haunter also get Thunder (Gengar already got it). Gengar (but not Gastly/Haunter) also gets Take Down and Submission.

Onix gets Take Down, Fissure, Teleport, and Bide.

Drowzee/Hypno get Take Down, Submission, Rage, Teleport, Bide, Skull Bash, Psywave, and Tri Attack.

Krabby/Kingler get Take Down, Water Gun, Rage, and Skull Bash.

Voltorb/Electrode get Take Down, Teleport, Reflect, and Bide.

Exeggcute/Exeggutor get Take Down, Rage, Teleport, Bide, and Psywave. Exeggutor (but not Exeggcute) also gets Mega Drain. Exeggcute also gets Egg Bomb (Exeggutor already got it).

Cubone/Marowak get Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Submission, Fissure, and Bide.

Hitmonlee gets Take Down, Submission, Rage, Bide, and Skull Bash.

Hitmonchan gets Take Down, Submission, Rage, Bide, and Skull Bash.

Lickitung gets Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Pay Day, Submission, Rage, Fissure, Bide, and Skull Bash.

Koffing/Weezing get Rage and Bide.

Rhyhorn/Rhydon get Leer, Rage, Fissure, Teleport, and Bide. Rhydon (but not Rhyhorn) also gets Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Pay Day, and Submission.

Chansey gets Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Submission, Rage, Teleport, Reflect, Bide, Skull Bash, Psywave, and Tri Attack.

Tangela gets Take Down, Rage, Bide, and Skull Bash.

Kangaskhan gets Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Submission, Fissure, Bide, and Skull Bash.

Horsea/Seadra get Horn Drill, Take Down, Rage, Bide, and Skull Bash.

Goldeen/Seaking get Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Rage, and Bide.

Staryu/Starmie get Take Down, Rage, Teleport, Bide, Skull Bash, and Tri Attack.

Mr. Mime gets Take Down, Submission, Rage, Teleport, Bide, and Skull Bash.

Scyther gets Take Down, Rage, Bide, and Skull Bash.

Jynx gets Thrash, Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Submission, Rage, Teleport, Bide, Skull Bash, and Psywave.

Electabuzz gets Take Down, Submission, Rage, Teleport, Reflect, Bide, Metronome, Skull Bash, and Psywave.

Magmar gets Take Down, Submission, Rage, Teleport, Bide, Metronome, Skull Bash, and Psywave.

Pinsir gets Slash, Take Down, Rage, and Bide.

Tauros gets Stomp, Leer, Horn Drill, Fissure, Bide, and Skull Bash.

Magikarp doesn't get anything, but Gyarados alone gets Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Rage, Reflect, Bide, and Skull Bash.

Lapras gets Take Down, Bubble Beam, Rage, Solar Beam, Dragon Rage, Reflect, Bide, Skull Bash, and Psywave.

Ditto doesn't get anything.

Eevee/Vaporeon/Jolteon/Flareon get Rage, Reflect, Bide, and Skull Bash. Eevee also gets Focus Energy (but only an unevolved Eevee, none of its evolutions learn it in RBY). Vaporeon alone also gets Mist and Bubble Beam. Flareon alone also gets Leer.

Porygon gets Take Down, Rage, Teleport, Reflect, Bide, Skull Bash, and Psywave.

Omanyte/Omastar get Horn Attack, Horn Drill, Take Down, Submission, Rage, Reflect, and Skull Bash. Omanyte also gets Spike Cannon (Omastar already got it).

Kabuto/Kabutops get Hydro Pump, Razor Wind, Water Gun, Submission, Rage, Reflect, Bide, and Skull Bash. Kabuto also gets Slash (Kabutops already got it).

Aerodactyl gets Razor Wind, Rage, Dragon Rage, Reflect, and Bide.

Snorlax gets Harden, Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Pay Day, Submission, Rage, Reflect, Bide, Skull Bash, and Psywave.

Articuno gets Peck, Razor Wind, Whirlwind, Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Rage, and Bide.

Zapdos gets Razor Wind, Whirlwind, Take Down, Rage, Reflect, and Bide.

Moltres gets Peck, Leer, Razor Wind, Whirlwind, Take Down, Rage, Reflect, and Bide.

Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite get Horn Drill, Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Rage, Reflect, Bide, and Skull Bash. Dragonite (but not Dratini/Dragonair) also gets Razor Wind.

Mewtwo gets Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Submission, Rage, Teleport, Bide, Skull Bash, Psywave, and Tri Attack.

Mew gets Razor Wind, Whirlwind, Horn Drill, Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Pay Day, Submission, Rage, Mega Drain, Dragon Rage, Fissure, Teleport, Bide, Egg Bomb, Skull Bash, Psywave, and Tri Attack.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokémon-red-blue-and-yellow-to-be-re-released-for-the-3ds-virtual-console.3555769/page-12#post-6688179

Approved by Subject 18

UNRELEASED OU

Unreleased OU is essentially OU but with:

- Unreleased Pokemon: Floette-Eternal, Volcanion

- Unreleased Abilities: Volt Absorb Raikou, Flash Fire Entei, Water Absorb Suicune, Sturdy Regirock, Ice Body Regice, Light Metal Registeel, Flame Body Heatran, Insomnia Gourgeist

- Unreleased Items: Gems, Mail

- RBY moves

Standard OU clauses and bans apply. Check out the OU Viability Ranking.

Unreleased OU is available on Pokemon Showdown for the month of March!
A question: What's the legality of homebrew firmware? According to Reddit, you can transfer old saves to 3DS this way. If this is seen as legitimate, it would technically allow a few more notable mons through GSC tradebacks.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Gotta_Catch_'Em_All_event_Pokémon

I see Lovely Kiss Nidoran (both genders), Petal Dance and Tri Attack Psyduck, Growth and Lovely Kiss Poliwag, Lovely Kiss Bellsprout, Agility Magnemite, Amnesia Drowzee, Swords Dance Goldeen, Quick Attack Tauros, Barrier Porygon, Growth Eevee and Lovely Kiss Snorlax there.

EDIT: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Japanese_event_Pokémon_distributions_in_Generation_II

Sing and Petal Dance Pichu, Petal Dance Cleffa, Igglybuff and Smoochum too.

Last edited:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokémon-red-blue-and-yellow-to-be-re-released-for-the-3ds-virtual-console.3555769/page-12#post-6688179

A question: What's the legality of homebrew firmware? According to Reddit, you can transfer old saves to 3DS this way. If this is seen as legitimate, it would technically allow a few more notable mons through GSC tradebacks.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Gotta_Catch_'Em_All_event_Pokémon

I see Lovely Kiss Nidoran (both genders), Petal Dance and Tri Attack Psyduck, Growth and Lovely Kiss Poliwag, Lovely Kiss Bellsprout, Agility Magnemite, Amnesia Drowzee, Swords Dance Goldeen, Quick Attack Tauros, Barrier Porygon, Growth Eevee and Lovely Kiss Snorlax there.
We, unfortunately, don't know whether or not that would pass through Pokebank.

The thing about this meta that is the most significant to me are the gems, as they can know help avoid knock-offs (somewhat.) All the gems will be useful but the ones which will probably be the best two are:
- Flying Gem: Talonflame can now have a much easier time abusing acrobatics > brave bird, as the first hit will be much more powerful than brave bird will ever be, plus it makes it a better knock-off absorber for defensive teams. Hawlucha also gets to have a much easier time to get Unburden up thanks to it's powerful acrobatics as well.
- Dark Gem: Hoopa-Unbound is known for having a somewhat useless ability in Magician, but no longer as it can use a Dark gem for a 130 base power Hyperspace Fury while stealing an item from an opponent. Bisharp and Weavile can do the same by nuking a normal counter with a 126 base power knock off, which can really cripple most knock off switch-ins.
Bar these two, there are a few others, such as a Grass Gem Serperior, Fighting Gem Hawlucha or Terrakion, and maybe a ground gem Landorus and Diggersby, all I know is that gems will be fantastic.

- Dark Gem: Hoopa-Unbound is known for having a somewhat useless ability in Magician, but no longer as it can use a Dark gem for a 130 base power Hyperspace Fury while stealing an item from an opponent. Bisharp and Weavile can do the same by nuking a normal counter with a 126 base power knock off, which can really cripple most knock off switch-ins.
Do Magician/Pickpocket mons steal items on the turn that their items are used? For example, if my Normal Gem Weavile uses up its Gem while Faking Out an opponent, does it steal the opponent's item on the turn of the Fake Out or would I have to use another move like Knock Off after that to take it?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Do Magician/Pickpocket mons steal items on the turn that their items are used? For example, if my Normal Gem Weavile uses up its Gem while Faking Out an opponent, does it steal the opponent's item on the turn of the Fake Out or would I have to use another move like Knock Off after that to take it?
I believe Magician steals on the turn an item is consumed.

Pickpocket requires your opponent to damage you to steal their item.

lovely kiss nidoking here we come! Also, volcanion will be an interesting option as an azu switch in for offensive teams. Additionally, raikou becomes an even better electric check with volt absorb and kinda gets something to set itself apart from other electric types moreso than pressure. (rip elemental birds tho never forget)
Lovely Kiss Nidos are Event Moves from GSC(NYPC Valentine's day)

Btw are GSC tradeback moves included?(LK Nidos, Growth Eevelutions)

Edit: There's no way lol, I dont think I need to explain why.

Last edited:

tehy

Banned deucer.
Not sure and I'm on mobile so I can't confirm

That said, normal gem is released so you could just test it yourself ;)

Floette is really fun: it's Light of Ruin is so strong but yet in can stay alive with Wish, and also set up with Calm Mind!
Floette-Eternal @ Life Orb
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Light of Ruin
- Wish
- Energy Ball / Moonblast

Couldn't you have made it Gen II sets as well?
Because Charizard Sandstorm is completely viable.

Also, in RB Mewtwo learns Pay Day. I guess these only icludes Yellow.

I am liking this, I am hoping Tauros will become viable again.

On an unrelated note, Floette-Eternal looks like a Doubles Grass Type's Photosynthesis Dream.

I am definitely interested in this meta, it looks fun.

I figure the most significant new threats will be Volcanion and the legendary doges, especially Suicune. Better defensively but loses to opposing Pressure users in CM wars. Maybe Floette-E will see usage but I think there are better offensive and defensive fairies, and meta trends in regular OU don't favor it.

tehy

Banned deucer.
using the above guy's list, i compiled a list of new moves period. that way, you can ctrl+f for any specific move you're interested in. warning: good moves are mostly on bad mons that can't use them

Razor Wind, Whirlwind, Horn Drill, Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Pay Day, Submission, Rage, Mega Drain, Dragon Rage, Fissure, Teleport, Bide, Egg Bomb, Skull Bash, Psywave, Tri Attack, Reflect, Peck, Leer, Slash, Hydro Pump, Horn Attack, Spike Cannon, Solar Beam, Focus Energy, Mist, Tackle, Amnesia, Harden, Thunder, Strength, Dig, and Metronome

meh. Hydro Pump is kabutops-only, Thunder was already learned by Gengar so it's functionally Haunter-only, Solar Beam (does that count as good? w/e) is Lapras only, whirlwind is learned by non-defensive mons and the bird trio who already got Roar.

only useful things I see is: serene grace tri attack blobs, a few more mons can set up a screen with reflect, and i guess Amnesia Politoed could be ---interesting---...yeah, i was prepped to be excited but this stuff is real thin on the ground so :x

Floette is really fun: it's Light of Ruin is so strong but yet in can stay alive with Wish, and also set up with Calm Mind!
Floette-Eternal @ Life Orb
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Light of Ruin
- Wish
- Energy Ball / Moonblast
Synthesis would be way better on it for the instant recovery. Floette-E's simply not bulky enough to run Wish without significant HP put and/or defense investment.

Volcanion @ Expert Belt
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 80 Atk / 244 SpA / 184 Spe
Mild Nature
- Stone Edge
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Steam Eruption
- Superpower

Cool Volc set I came up with that lures Chansey and, to an extent, opposing Volcanion. Volc's Specs set definitely seems strong as well as Assault Vest.

EDIT: Synthesis hasn't been updated on the teambuilder, but it has it as a move tutor and is legal on the ladder

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)