UU Premier League III - Finals [Won by The Blackthorn City Battle Girls - King UU]

Status
Not open for further replies.

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
10-0 jesus came thru to take our undeserved trophy

thank u omfuga for teams every week u should be 10-0 but somehow lost to flcl insane, jamvad for actually being near useless, faji for lettin us know u were born to chill on the bench, isa for immaculate dpping, anti for winning in adv when it mattered, lochie for managing to be somehow more useless than jamvad and faji, new breed for goin 8-2, ur actually the best bro u should be 10-0, and finally shake, ur only on this team cuz i begged omfuga to save you, but u actually put in work stealing teams good work, also dodmen i wanted to play u man u also had a phenomenal record but alas it was not meant to be

Last edited:
grats jynxes, nice to see omfuga shine haha

gotta give props to my man ib for a job well done on hosting this tour and for fatty for managing a fuego squad...unfortunately we couldnt bring it to the promised land but hey, cant win em all. also shoutouts godmen

Omfuga squads never lose I suppose lol!

Bringing an RMT squad to finals... classic joey....

Anyway I think I did a pretty good draft and I got a bunch of friends and great competitors and, other than the "drama" due to the illegal shedinja, I still think it was a pretty nice close of the season. Gj specifically to Blunder, for goin 10-0 like a monster. Quoting my shoutouts cuz they're relevant now D:

Also yeah major props to IB for being an awesome host.

shoutouts:

blunder :I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶m̶a̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ you played better than I could have imagined. Even though you used my teams every week, the confidence you had to make the right plays most of the time was impressive. Also you going against me was the reason we got allstar anti LOL.

New Breed : Also another person who impressed me. Tbh I was getting you regardless of your price from the get-go, but I wasn't sure if you were rusty or how well you'd do. Still, you lived up to your price and did extremely well. You called me the 7-1 failure then lost in finals (twice) tho... haha,,,,

Isa : I didn't care that people said you weren't a DPP player, I knew you'd do well. You're my nigga and having you on the team was even better than seeing you rapidly improve as the season progressed.

KratosMana : Another person people said wouldn't be successful... I was sure you'd do well regardless. You're a very adaptive player and I knew, since I didn't intend on blowing a ton of money on an ADV player, that you'd be worth buying. Was so excited to see you get the first blood in finals, and I believe you won in semis too?

-Tsunami- : First you weren't supposed to be on the team, then you were a last-minute sub. After having to get subbed in for Jamvad and Lochie like 3 weeks in a row you became a starter and just stole teams. Can't say much about it... But you won most of your games so im good LOL.

MeowMiXXX : You're more of a Jynx than shake was tbh.

Wepwn and Jamvad: thanks for showing up and playing occasionally,,

Soulgazer and Afro Smash : Thanks for lurking in the group and not giving any advice

Anti shout-outs:

Calloflochie

Jynxes win again. Classic.
shoutouts me for my team recreation skills and for getting myself traded to the winning team instead of being on whatever pile of garbage team I was on before that was too shit to get here. And ofc [VoD]blunder goes 10-0 while the team with no vod members gets blown away.
VoD wins again. Classic.

Last edited:
Despite the drama this was pretty dope. It was great to have a team of such high caliber battlers (despite us being called the worst team) and working with them and learning so much. Granted I didn't get to play (still went 1-0 fuck yeah activity) I still got to learn from fucking Oglemi which was cool. Thanks to King for drafting me for whatever reason and ib for being a great show runner.

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
this was gr8. I can't forget how fuga was gonna drop me but blunder bid 0.5k more(and then fuga complained on the skype chat, unbelievable), so fuck fuga and blundz is ma real nigga always. At first i didn remember half the shit this tier had(thot i did tho) and went ass but after realizing walrein is actually adv uu jesus christ i at least brought that monster on finals and did a decent job at playoffs i guess so doesn matter. Playin w/ frens is always fun and not many tours gives u the opportunity to do that, so thanks to ib for the host and BLUNDER >not fuga< for savin me haha. Thanks fuga for literally getting us every oras uu win tho, fugasquads always out here(and afro smash for ghostin every game ur actually lower tier mop)

shoutouts: omfuga perfect 2/10 man management skills and 15/10 in pokemon playing, faji carried the team for 90% of the tour and isa for carrying the team on multiple occasions when faji slacked. the man the myth the future ost winner thunderblunder777 cruised to a 10-0, shakeitup the best team stealer alive, kratosmana for quitting and still destroying when it mattered. Mencemeat it was always exhilarating to see you play your week 1 game in week 4 and of course we cant forget the best 15k buy in uupl history... calloflochie.

anti shoutouts: afro smash

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Congratulations to the Jynxes and well done to the Battle Girls for reaching the finals! Thanks to everyone who participated and the managers for helping out, it's been a genuine pleasure hosting :) it's quite unfortunate that a tournament that has been played in good spirit throughout was tainted somewhat by the drama at the end, but I had to make a decision that was as fair as possible for both teams. Overall though it's been a great experience and we all got to see some fantastic matches. And hey it's a Smogon tournament, so some drama is inevitable right? :P

That's all from me, see you all next season!

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Shoutouts

aim : You are a reliable guy, man. You were always willing to offer a bit of advice or some words of encouragement in order to get some of our newer users pumped up for their matches, and in terms of battling, you always delivered. I am very proud of your performance, and it was fun being your teammate for over 8 weeks. Looking forward to the next time.

Oglemi : I originally bought you cause I had heard rumours that you were decent at DPP. Well, moreso than that, you proved to be extremely reliable as a battler, coming to the IRC as often as anyone, always willing to talk/help if needed. I appreciate you helping me with the DPP testing, and I wish you all the best in your future endeavours. Thanks for doing an awesome job, both on and off the court.

badabing : idc that you only played one match. You will always be my bae and true friend. Luv u dawg.

innovamania : If there's anyone that can prove that stigma is bullshit, and that integrity always wins, it's you man. I originally had reservations picking you cause of some stupid drama with another user, and you showed me how silly I was for ever feeling this way about you. You stepped up big, and you kept us in some pretty big weeks. It was a privilege to play with you, and (somewhat) get to know you a bit better :P

49 : In the short time that we spent together in SPL, I learned to really respect your opinion and drive. Despite your conflict with aim, you persevered as a teammate and really clutched with your last few performances. I look forward to us playing together again, friend, thank you for everything.

Kushalos : Dude... where to start and finish... I don't want to turn this into a huge sapfest, but despite our history, you kept a cool head and played for the team, working very close with 49. I respect you sir, and I hope this tour gave us the chance to start over again.

reyscarface : UU Master Rey, you brought me into a new world for competitive battling, and for this, I will always be grateful. Thank you for your reliability and success on the battlefield, and for showing me that you can, in fact, care about a team that you don't manage (hehe). You were a true #battlegirl, and I really appreciate everything you've done for me.

Christo The Gr8 : Man, what can I even say to my UUPL Champ Christo. We developed a good friendship over these last 8 weeks. You're a breakout battler dude, and I expect great things from you now.

Godsend : Although you weren't really around for the first 4 weeks, you came around in the latter half and really showed us that teammate support meant something. If I can advise anything, it's to assertively participate more by hopping on IRC/Skype whenever possible, as this will help establish better communication with all of your teammates, and improve your social experience in these tours. However, please don't think that I made this shoutout just to lecture you... you were still a positive presence, and I wish you the best of luck as you continue with this tier.

Euphonos : You, Christo, and r0ady made this super PS core that made me beyond proud of you. Your ideas and innovations were fresh as fuck, and you were extreeeemely committed to the team. Keep playing, and I see us doing this again next year ;)

Tomahawk : I wish I could've spent more time getting you and Oglemi to work with each other so that I could've sent you out there more. I thank you for your patience, Tomahawk, and I hope you gained something of use during our time together. Thank you for your positive presence and your willingness to work with Oglemi, it will certainly not be forgotten anytime soon.

R0ady : muh boi. Tyler, I always appreciated your willingness to work with your teammates and rise up as a sub on a few occasions. You definitely contributed to a few successful victories for your teammates, and your presence was necessary, beyond a doubt. I am very happy that I purchased you, you exceeded my expectations, and alongside Euphonos/Christo, I expect great things from you.

xShiba : Nothing bad to say here, except I wish you were a little more involved with the IRC/Skype aspect of UUPL so that we could've heard your voice more. Thanks for stepping up when we needed you, and best of luck to all your future involvements in this tier.

Bonus Shoutouts

IronBullet93: Thank you for doing what no one else could've done (properly), and host this clusterfuck tour. I can't even begin to tell you how much we appreciate you working your butt off for us, Ironbullet93. Love you forever and always.

To my fellow Managers, thank you so much. This was new for me, and I was really grateful to play against some of the old and new greats, including FLCL and fatty. I really had a lot of fun, and hope to see you all next year for more UUPL action.

To my tier leaders, Sam and Hikari. I'm not sure how much you were involved in the decision making process, but thanks a million for including me as a manager. I am both grateful and humbled (but only a little bit) by the experience.

To the participants of UUPL: haha it's ogre let's go to sleep now.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Also Swords Dance Shedinja should probably be made illegal in ORAS since as of XY it can't get past the transfer from gen 5 in which it was legal. This caused issues in UUPL finals http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ii-finals-won-by-the-jubilife-jynxes.3538613/ (don't read the thread sigh :()
That is not a bug. Marty confirmed it is possible by actually transferring it.
This was posted last night in the Showdown forum. As SD Sheddy is actually legal and not a bug, Christo The Gr8 beat mencemeat fairly and therefore the Battle Girls have won the UUPL. Sorry to the players who wasted time playing the tiebreaker and to everyone for all the unnecessary drama that's taken place over the past week. Congrats to King UU and the Battle Girls and props to the Jynxes for reaching the finals!

I'm reopening this thread for the Battle Girls and Jynxes to post their shoutouts if they wish, and people can post congratulations too but any post that is not related to the above or attempts to stir up any more drama will be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)