UU Simple Questions Thread

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well he is over good and I didn't mean to under sell him. I've ever used him myself so maybe its just my experience with people I've battled

Well, the current rankings don't fully represent the current state of the metagame (hint why we're going through it 2 Pokemon at a time to determine if they're ranked correctly or not) Mega-Aero isn't bad, but it is better off as more of an offensive utility mon. It's quite fast and has good Attack with a reasonable defensive typing, so something like Roost, Defog, EdgeQuake is decent. Not sure on an EV spread as I've never really used it myself, but that's what I feel it does best atm.
Mega-Aero? From past experience, I've seen them run stuff like Crunch, Aerial Ace and Thunder Fang because of Tough Claws, though I may be wrong.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
How long will the hydreigon test last? I know it depends on the UU council but make a wild guess.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How long will the hydreigon test last? I know it depends on the UU council but make a wild guess.
Well, considering it was one of the more controversial BL kicks toward the end of Stage 0, I would imagine at least 7 days. Perhaps in upwards of 10-12 days a la Weavile and Klefki. Of course, I could be totally wrong, so having kokoloko clarify this would be the best way of finding out (if he has a rough idea)

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
tbh this one is pretty easily UU so i might start the vote soon
you guys apparently thought megadoom was a pretty easy decision according to the huge consensus of no ban and never even considered in any of the reasonings i see the flame charge set which is pretty obviously viable now. i suspect that would have changed some of the votes even if not likely to change the entire decision. of course I understand if there are some sets you would like to keep secret for surprise value in games you play so you personally can win more which is always nice but that means its up to other users to really test out and know the suspect before coming to a too hasty decision on Hydreigon.

what i'm saying is there /might/ be a perfectly viable surprising set that hasn't even been considered yet because all I have really seen is Choice Specs and Life Orb and Choice Scarf sets with mentions of Iron Tail sprinkled in. nobody even talks about defensive sets, band and other physical sets, work up sets etc etc. it find it (just slightly) disconcerting that everybody appears to be on board to make a decision while not even, as far as i can tell, testing out Sazando's real potential.

i understand there might be a bit of a rush to do these suspects since there are quite a few more to be tested and if they drag out several weeks each it will literally be next year before we have UU and we might be in Pokemon Z by then. But please, at least try to find a balance between speed of bans and effectiveness of bans

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
you guys apparently thought megadoom was a pretty easy decision according to the huge consensus of no ban and never even considered in any of the reasonings i see the flame charge set which is pretty obviously viable now. i suspect that would have changed some of the votes even if not likely to change the entire decision. of course I understand if there are some sets you would like to keep secret for surprise value in games you play so you personally can win more which is always nice but that means its up to other users to really test out and know the suspect before coming to a too hasty decision on Hydreigon.

what i'm saying is there /might/ be a perfectly viable surprising set that hasn't even been considered yet because all I have really seen is Choice Specs and Life Orb and Choice Scarf sets with mentions of Iron Tail sprinkled in. nobody even talks about defensive sets, band and other physical sets, work up sets etc etc. it find it (just slightly) disconcerting that everybody appears to be on board to make a decision while not even, as far as i can tell, testing out Sazando's real potential.

i understand there might be a bit of a rush to do these suspects since there are quite a few more to be tested and if they drag out several weeks each it will literally be next year before we have UU and we might be in Pokemon Z by then. But please, at least try to find a balance between speed of bans and effectiveness of bans
I agree with some of the things you said. Hydreigon was zero counters but I think this is not the place to discuss this.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well its mostly the same but with hydreigon. Hydreigon is definitely UU so the meta is roughly the same

Chatot is one my fav pokemon. What will it take for Chatot to get to BL. Boom Burst will surely make a difference. Won't it?
I seriously doubt Chatot will make it to BL; it may not even amass the usage to be UU at all.

It has the most powerful Boomburst in the game (mindbogglingly) but Exploud is generally better, with better stats besides spatk, more coverage, and Scrappy.

Since they haven't been in the tier for very long, there's a possibility that Hydreigon and Magnezone won't make the cutoff to be UU by usage (Magnezone definitely won't, Hydreigon might make it though). Would they fall to RU or will they be given a one month grace period to get into UU by usage before they would be eligible to drop? I would assume they would stay UU, but it would be pretty hilarious if they dropped to RU.

@below: that's not what I was asking, I asked if they will be allowed to drop to RU in the first place, not if they would be banned from RU if they did drop

Last edited:
Since they haven't been in the tier for very long, there's a possibility that Hydreigon and Magnezone won't make the cutoff to be UU by usage (Magnezone definitely won't, Hydreigon might make it though). Would they fall to RU or will they be given a one month grace period to get into UU by usage before they would be eligible to drop? I would assume they would stay UU, but it would be pretty hilarious if they dropped to RU.
I think it's a given that if it was banned for some time in UU it should be quick banned in RU and retested much later.

@below: that's not what I was asking, I asked if they will be allowed to drop to RU in the first place, not if they would be banned from RU if they did drop
I agree this is probably something that needs to be looked into given that they technically only lack usage because of the way the suspect tests are run in UU, so their actual usage statistics are inaccurate so to speak. I think this is more the call of whoever runs RU than UU so probably better to ask there when the time comes.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
will chatot ever be in BL. Boom burst might help, and synchronoise?
I kinda doubt it. Chatot isn't very common (hell, it's in RU atm) and Exploud generally outclasses it due to Scrappy letting Exploud hit Ghosts easily. Chatter is more of an annoyance move and the little parrot doesn't have much else going for it. It's decently fast and has ok-ish power (Boomburst helps a ton) but I don't see it being anywhere near broken for UU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)