Vader’s Well: the well about vadre

Status
Not open for further replies.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
shit this isnt an upfatye but zy dude i totes forgot your q, sorry ill do it in the next answerpost

What are you going to study at college?
What happened to Colloquy?
Which is better DPPt LC or BW LC?

Who would win: The Hulk or Superman? This is assuming that phantom zone projecting is not possible

Do you play any instruments?

What was your reaction to the thread "Cold Turkey"?

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
vader i think your well is fantastic, do you echo this sentiment?

least favourite superheroes?

btw i already read watchmen lol

on a scale of 1 to complete justice how well would you say that adaptation of the aforementioned GN did?

v

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ben Terriblelastname said:
how much have you spent on tcgs in your life
Urgh, probably over $1000 between YuGiOh, Pokemon, M:tG, and Digimon. I was a YuGiOh fiend as a child and kept my deck as strong as possible, though little kid sensibilities got in the way a lot. For example, I ran Double Snare in triplicate side deck because I had like 13 traps back when more than 5 was high.

Zy said:
which appears to you more; ygo or mtg
MTG atm. WotC does kind of a shitty job of balancing, but at least they try. I haven't played YuGiOh since they banned chaos so very long ago, but whenever I see games it seems like such a far cry from the game I loved that I lose interest in getting back into it. YGO when I played was basically "your 40 best cards" or Warriors or WATER or Zombies. Shit like Toons and Archfiends and Spirits weren't really viable. Gravekeepers also were around.

I prefer YGO PGD backwards to any MTG metagame.

Zy said:
who would win in a fight: jace or ajani
Jace is one of my favorite walkers and I wish he'd gone UB rather than Tezzy so I'd have a nonartifact walker in my favorite colors, but Ajani has way more straight-up offensive capability, especially when he's vengeant. Jace would get stomped by the original Ajani's ultimate, and I'm betting the new Ajani that they're probably making in Innistrad will have some sick new stuff that blows the lame new Jace out of the water.

Oh Danny Boy said:
your mother urine tests you now???
Yeah, she got caught me and it blows dicks.

the pipes said:
man that blows maybe we'll just smoke without you
NO ): we have to smoke in the future then

espeon eric said:
ps what did you do with the pink frilly pair?
They are stashed in my closet under all my normal underwear and pajamas. I need to dispose of it somehow still, but I have yet to find a responsible outlet to do so.

NatGeo said:
What's your favorite form of science if any?
I like genetics. I wanted to be a genetic engineer for the longest time, and if I do well in Biology in college I may decide to pursue it again. Being a writer doesn't really need a degree, tbh, and it can always be a secondary thing. When I was v young I wanted to be a comedian or an actor too...but I am too ugly probably to be an actor.

NatGeo said:
What is your favorite avatar that you have held?
idk, I like all my avatars.

Dixie said:
What are you going to study at college?
English right now, might switch to something else. I'm taking a Psychology course and plan on taking Econ next semester. I wanna expand my horizons before really committing to something.

SkarmBlissCounter said:
What happened to Colloquy?
I think he died ): I have not seen hide nor hair of Duncan for a loooooooooooooong time and he was way too invested in all this shit to just up and leave. I'd like for him to come back, but...................

sbc said:
Which is better DPPt LC or BW LC?
DPPt. BW LC was Eviolite so it's kind of boring. DP LC with 70acc Hypnosis and no tutors was my favorite Pokemon metagame ever probably.

ozzy oh god all these numbers why said:
Who would win: The Hulk or Superman? This is assuming that phantom zone projecting is not possible
Superman. Hulk can't breathe in space, so Supes can just do what he did to Parasite in secret origins and fly him out into space, wait for him to pass out, and bring him home safe and sound as Bruce Banner.

it's like pi but worse said:
Do you play any instruments?
Vader said:
I take all the questions seriously! I have played clarinet since I was in 4th grade, and I am supremely untalented. I can play songs by ear pretty okay, but I'm nothing special. I can play something on keyboard and balalaika.
man I am English major what do you want me to do with all these millions of digits said:
What was your reaction to the thread "Cold Turkey"?
Have a nice day. It's the end of an age, but I doubt hip will stick with it. Relapse is so very easy.

iss said:
Is LC your favorite metagame?
DP LC is. BW LC is roughly equivalent with Gen4 CaP UU, which was UU with Pyroak and Cyclohm. I got to the finals of the CaP Tour for it before Poopazing haxed me out ):<

Poppycock said:
vader i think your well is fantastic, do you echo this sentiment?
I guess. I do not know by which metric one measures a well, but I have tried to put some thought into most of my answers and make them enjoyable to read. So, thanks, I think!

Poppycock said:
least favourite superheroes?
Spiderman and Wolverine. Spiderman's banter is endearing and all, but the nonstop melodrama and bitching really irks me. He's the antithesis of my favorite hero type, invincible god, which Supes, Silver Surfer, Bats, GL, and almost Iron Man all fall under.

Wolverine has bloated from a shitty secondary character to a boring primary character. He is much less interesting than you would be lead to believe.

Poppycock said:
btw i already read watchmen lol
Did you read it or read it? Did you know Rorschach's mask is different in every panel, except for three where it is identical? Once towards the beginning and the pattern is repeated towards the end in Ozzy's lair. If you read his narration and dialogue and compare the masks it is really kind of mind-blowing. Plus, right at the end, the mask where it looks like two lovers mirrors not only Nite/Spectre, but the origin scene where we see his mom's silhouette. There are so many little details that you miss on your first, second, and third runthroughs. Every time I read Watchmen I get something new out of it, and I have read it very carefully with focuses on different things. Rorschach's mask, Dr. Manhattan's dialogue, Ozymandias's dialogue, the pirate comic, the black shrink, etc. It's such a surprisingly rich work that I never get sick of it.

Poppycock said:
on a scale of 1 to complete justice how well would you say that adaptation of the aforementioned GN did?
Well, it was...faithful. I enjoyed it. But it could have been so much more. They did very little by way of actually adapting it. The removal of the giant vagina octopus was good, but other than that...why not just read the graphic novel? It made them look more superhuman, yeah, but it didn't take advantage of film as a medium like Watchmen took advantage of the comicbook as a medium. It captured the story perfectly, but some of the spirit and intent was lost. It was a nearly perfect replication, and in that way failed to be a true adaptation. Plus Rorschach's mask as a motif gets lost entirely because it isn't being caught in still frames and really, did anyone even want to see a giant, glowing blue dick? I didn't notice until someone pointed it out, but come on.

Do you ever wish to go to VGC Regionals?

Looking back what was your first feeling when you got a badge?

In terms of taste, tequila or whiskey?

Is there anything you regret having or not having done?

What is your opinion on The Walking Dead (comics)?

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i read it, i did notice Rorschach's mask changing every panel, but did not notice when it was the same, the significance also failed to make itself apparent to me.

how did you get caught smoking? my dad almost caught me, walked into my room right after and smelled smoke, scariest shit ever.

apart from the pier incident, do you have any other deeply embedded fears? irrational/rational/otherwise

v

NatGeo said:
Do you ever wish to go to VGC Regionals?
Yeah. I had planned to go to Indy this year, but stuff came up and it didn't work out. Dubs, Fishy, and I were gonna vape ):

NatGeo said:
Looking back what was your first feeling when you got a badge?
I got modded, so my first thought was "I guess I'd better edit all of these thread titles in C&C" and "Why can't I tag threads, just let me tag threads, I am practically begging you"

NatGeo said:
In terms of taste, tequila or whiskey?
Whiskey.

darkie said:
i dont think you're ugly at all
I respectfully disagree.

Yuri said:
Is there anything you regret having or not having done?
There was this girl in high school that I had a massive crush on. She was in several of my classes and played in the same section in band. She was usually p. nice to me, but I really blow at talking to girls, so I never managed to work up the stones to ask her out. She got an attractive aryan boyfriend that she is following to university this year. I wish that I'd asked her out, even if I was rejected so that I didn't regret not going for it.

Yuri said:
What is your opinion on The Walking Dead (comics)?
I have not read it, but if I do I will VM you letting you know !_! I am not a huge fan of the zombie genre.

Poppycock said:
i read it, i did notice Rorschach's mask changing every panel, but did not notice when it was the same, the significance also failed to make itself apparent to me.
It's his emotional state. He expresses his emotions pretty poorly, and the mask does a much better job of it.

Poppycock said:
how did you get caught smoking? my dad almost caught me, walked into my room right after and smelled smoke, scariest shit ever.
My mother came into my room to say "hi" and I was smoking out my window.

Poppycock said:
apart from the pier incident, do you have any other deeply embedded fears? irrational/rational/otherwise
I was not scarred by my near-drowning and I swim just fine these days. I am afraid of penises, including my own. I usually say "penises skieve me out" to express it, but deep down it is a phobia. I try not to look at my own penis even when I can help it.

iss said:
Will you come to Newark next year? Please?
If I can, I will, since I think dubs and Jabba will be there.

The End~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)