Vader’s Well: the well about vadre

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you watch on TV?

Do you frequent any other sites besides Smogon?

Do you think people think you mod aforum due to your witty posts and moderatorship?

What gaming consoles do you own?

If you could meet a celebrity irl who would it be?

Would you rather spend a day with the X-Men or the Green Lantern?

If you had three wishes what would they be? No wishing for more wishes!

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Nails said:
Hell yeah. Michigan smocon 2012.
We'll see.

Nails said:
You seem really hard on yourself, the bio post was depressing.
I don't think I am hard on myself, and if anything am too easy. If you find it depressing maybe I live a depressing life @o@

Nails said:
I don't actually know you that well so coming up with shit that isn't lc related is difficult.
I don't know most of the dudes posting itc

Wiki magic
There's one in my house, and I can't really play it. I can pluck a few tunes and it's fun, but I'm by no means a Balalaikaist. It was in the Beatles song too, namely "Back in the USSR."

Nails said:
Thoughts on school subjects other than english?
English is taught poorly. We should just be taught how to read in theory, not have brilliant works crammed down our ungrateful throats. Modern English class is 10-30 kids sitting in a room throwing shit at the wall and seeing which ones make metaphors.

I think math is boring and science is taught poorly, but idk how to fix science.

Foreign language and history are both necessary for your development into a human being who isn't a piece of shit.

Nails said:
If you were going into writing as a career, what subject would you cover, and what type of media (magazine, newspaper, etc) would you prefer to write for?
I'd like to be a novelist, but I lose interest in my own writing too quickly. I don't know if you read my stories that I posted earlier, but I never think my writing is any good after a month or so and refuse to revise it further. Additionally, I write everything in a single sitting and never expand after that. As much as I'd like to attribute that to "creative genius," it's more like "I'm a lazy shit" d:

Being an intrepid, globe-trotting reporter for some newspaper or internets new outlet would be nice, but with blogs and unverified sources becoming more and more popular, I fear the days of a truthful media are behind us or, worse yet, never existed.

Nails said:
Origin of your username?
vadre said:
Well, when I was 13 I frequented NeoPets's Role-Playing boards and wanted to become a board crasher, which is a user who goes into Role-Plays and stops them if the writing is subpar or if the RPers fail to satisfy canon. I went by the alias Dalm Gamille, which means "beautiful darkness" in Arabic (shut up I was 13 #_#) but no one got that it was a POWERFUL AND THREATENING name. Darth Vader is pretty much the shit if you discount the prequels when Anakin is just a whiny bitch, so I figured I'd take it.
Paradoxus}Who do you think deserves to be a mod next?[/quote said:
Of what? Jabba and OmegaDonut would be on the short list of my "probable future smods."

nah i was jk little cup is cool and i appreciate your effort good sir
Yeah, sorry I kinda freaked out, but I get shit about LC a lot and it gets to you after a while.

ala said:
who is the sexiest smogon user, other than yourself??
Gen. Empoleon and tennisace, together we form...team Genderace

NatGeo said:
What do you watch on TV?
I don't watch television regularly. When I watch television programs, I watch the entire season or series at once. I like a feeling of continuity and being able to appreciate and judge the work as a whole.

NatGeo said:
Do you frequent any other sites besides Smogon?
I read Cracked an TVTropes a lot and am registered to write articles for Cracked, but I have yet to post my article idea, which is the Disney Princess feminist movement.

NatGeo said:
Do you think people think you mod aforum due to your witty posts and moderatorship?
No. I didn't think anyone thought that, lol. I like being a regular user around these parts most of the time, even if it means I miss out on splitting Deck and jrrrrrrrrrr's posts in the england riots thread into a new thread entitled "new england riot." Modding a place is, at the end of the day, work. When I post here, it's usually play.

NatGeo said:
What gaming consoles do you own?
Nintendo Wii. My parents think video games are evil and rot your brain.

NatGeo said:
If you could meet a celebrity irl who would it be?
or

Stephen is the closest thing I have to an idol. He makes a difference just through his dry wit and having a cable program. Plus, he gets shit named after him and that's fucking sweet. I like TSwift's music, specifically the writing behind the lyrics, which amped the quality up a lot in Speak Now. Her first album kinda sucks though imo. Fearless was good, but Speak Now really stands out for me and is really what got me to like her as a writer.

NatGeo said:
Would you rather spend a day with the X-Men or the Green Lantern?
Neither. Without powers, you'd get toasted in half a day hanging out with them.

NatGeo said:
If you had three wishes what would they be? No wishing for more wishes!
Gonna assume reality warping, superpowers, etc isn't on the list of possibilities

1) My cat mitten to come home. She has been gone a month and is probably dead and I miss her terribly ):
2) Reverse time to April and never get caught smoking weed and not lose the fucking vape ):
3) To only have to see my father once a month at most. He is not a pleasant man, and I am not a pleasant man, and we two unpleasant men do NOT mix.

FATE!!!!!!!! said:
vader do you know how to cook eggs??
YES I LEARNED JUST TONIGHT I FRIED A SUNNYSIDE UP EGG AND I LEARNED HOW TO MAKE AN OMELET RECENTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS MY FAVORITE SKILL MAYBE I WILL BE AN EGG CHEF

Brou Titshishio said:
What version of Goku would you like to watch fight what version of Superman??
There's only ONE Goku and Supes would crush him then send his ass to the phantom zone.

Woodchuck said:
Have you ever read any/all of the Dr. McNinja webcomic?
If so, what did you think of it?
Only the overlap with Axe Cop, and I doubt that's a fair representation lol. I have not given it a shot, but the art style, which objectively good, isn't really my cup of tea. I can't knock it for "bad art" because in reality the art kicks ass, it just isn't visually pleasing for me, Vader.

Johann said:
Who is your favorite supervillain?
Okay, I didn't give this one a fair answer because I was watching Horrible Bosses last night. Galactus and Proteus are my two favorites. And Superboy-Prime. The three are all some of the most powerful superhumans in fiction. Galactus is a modern-day Lovecraftian abomination that feeds on worlds. He is the coolest thing ever. Proteus warps reality AND steals bodies, how boss is that? Superboy-Prime is what I think I would be like as a comic villain. "YOU MADE ME BE EVIL! NOTHING IS MY FAULT!" is v me.

if you could live anywhere in the world where would it be

what is the biggest thing you've overcome in your life

how much of your posts do you end up deleting and re typing to be more coherent or well spoken or what have you on average

If you could meet any Smogonite irl who would it be?

What size bed do you sleep in?

If you could live with any relatives besides your immediate family who would they be?

Who is you least favorite user?

What is your favorite food?

edit: hush, I have freedom of speech

v

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DarkAninine said:
if you could live anywhere in the world where would it be
I like where I live right now a lot. I guess California, Canada, and the alps are both high on my list of places to live before I die. If I could choose not in the world, a space station could be a cool little novelty place. But honestly, anywhere with fresh-squeezed orange juice and forests would do for me.

wickdaggler said:
what is the biggest thing you've overcome in your life
When I was a kid I was very, very antisocial and rage-filled. I stopped being so angry and antisocial sometime around when I was 13. I've had some racism slung my way, but it really isn't as big a deal as people make it out to be. Being stopped in airports is a little embarrassing, but once you're used to it it's just a thing that happens.

wickdaggler said:
how much of your posts do you end up deleting and re typing to be more coherent or well spoken or what have you on average
I never delete a post for being incoherent or poorly written. I not-post (type up and then decide not to post) when I decide that my post is either not saying what I want it to say, which is usually a byproduct of me using the writing to think, or if I decide that it doesn't contribute to the thread. I've not-posted probably around fifty bitchy little "witty" one sentence/one image responses that I decided were not worth wasting a post on. When I am high my filter is a fair bit weaker.

Avatars, which I think by all accounts is a splendid thread, was not-posted three times, two of which it was just a "imitate cookie's avatar" thread. I am obviously glad that I eventually posted it. I think the reason my average post quality is generally considered high is because I not-post so often. It's a good exercise and I encourage users to try it for themselves!

Shining Latios said:
What is your favorite movie?
Dumb as it sounds, Ferris Bueller's Day Off. There are so many lovingly-done little touches in it that I can't help but feel affectionately towards it. They all mesh together and give you a much larger sense of Ferris's world if you pay close attention/watch the movie multiple times to "close-watch" it dx. Arrogant as it may seem, I relate to Ferris in a number of ways as well. And it's just a good time to watch overall, even if you drop all my lame little pretensions.

NatGeo said:
If you could meet any Smogonite irl who would it be?
Gen. Empoleon or WildEep or #Az. They are all good friends of mine these days and I think it would be v easy to talk to them irl. I have other netfriends that I think it would be a lot harder to hold a real-life conversation with, but not these fellows. Also, idk how I didn't put him here but Fatecrashers.

NatGeo said:
What size bed do you sleep in?
I think it is a queen size, but it may be king.

NatGeo said:
If you could live with any relatives besides your immediate family who would they be?
I would not like to live with any of my family. In fact, my dream living accommodation is living alone. In a small two or three room condominium in a forest on a lake somewhere about a mile away from a small town where I can buy bread, nutella, weed, candy, fast food, and fresh-squeezed orange juice. Kind of like Thoreau, except with internet and electricity and fuck Thoreau he's a dickbag.

NatGeo said:
Who is you least favorite user?
I don't care enough about people I dislike to rank them.

NatGeo said:
What is your favorite food?
Oof, this one is hard. Can I put multiple? Of course I can, it's my well! As I mentioned in this post, freshly-squeezed OJ is what I crave above all other things in this world. I can't stand the garbage from concentrate. French bread@nutella is another. Ham and cheese croissant. Grilled scallops wrapped in bacon. Gently breaded fried shrimp/calimari with just the slightest hint of lemon. Fire-grilled all-beef hot dog on a french bread bun. Home-made chocolate milkshakes. Sunnyside-up eggs with cheese and bacon integrated into the yolk and french bread to dip in the yolk. Fried chicken. Nick, thick, bacon cheeseburgers. I love food and I love eating, but as you can see I have a very greasy palette and not much love for vegetables. Sorry for listing so many, but this is an impossible decision for me. I even left out German Chocolate Fudge ice cream and organic milk and freshly-picked, slightly chilled strawberries dipped in freshly-melted semisweet chocolate. Okay, I'm gonna stop because I'm getting hungry, but chocolate cake and chocolate chip cookies are in there too. And bacon pizza. Sorry, really.

Lustrous Mesprite said:
What sports do you play?
vadre said:
Years ago I played community education basketball and Freshman and Sophomore years of high school I wrestled but I quit because wrestling blows and I would rather just stay home.
iss said:
Who would you rather debate against: SDS or CIM?
Controversially, I love them both. However, they both turn into gigantic cocklickers whenever they argue, and it is impossible to differentiate between them when they argue. However, if you ever get the chance to see them argue with each other, I would recommend paying attention. Luckily, they always make up afterwards d:

Hm, how often do you get stopped at airports? Is it your appearance or name that usually gives them their excuse to stop you? Any times where they did more than the standard search and held you in a different room or anything?

Would you say more users here bug you or are on your good side?

Besides Porygon do you have a favorite Pokemon?

Have you watched the clip of Electric Soldier Porygon?

Have you ever reflected on yourself in a good way?

Have you ever had a serious relationship with a woman?

What is your opinion on the state of this site as a whole in general?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What's the phantom zone?? Is it like the Dead Zone or like being sent to another dimension???

Also for more idiocy, can supes kill a dead guy?? 'cause Goku is already dead.

v

Genny said:
hi vader let's hangout one day and get milkshakes?
Okay, but you're paying, mr Richie Rich. Also they'd better be MALTED!

TYBALT DICKRENDER_ said:
Hm, how often do you get stopped at airports? Is it your appearance or name that usually gives them their excuse to stop you?
They're "random checks," but I have been asked the origin of my name.

TYBALT DICKRENDER_ said:
Any times where they did more than the standard search and held you in a different room or anything?
No. Standard patdown.

NatGeo said:
Would you say more users here bug you or are on your good side?
Depends. When I'm in a bad mood mostly everyone bugs me, when I'm in a good mood mostly everyone is on my good side. I don't keep count of people I like and I don't keep a list. I don't think other people are that important.

NatGeo said:
Besides Porygon do you have a favorite Pokemon?
Rotom. He is cute, and when he got the formes he got even cooler!

NatGeo said:
Have you watched the clip of Electric Soldier Porygon?
Yes.

NatGeo said:
Have you ever reflected on yourself in a good way?
"Positive reflection" is just a nice way of dressing up dickstroking. I may come off as someone who is kind of a sad sack of shit irl, but I am overwhelmingly more positive about myself and the things I do and make than it seems over the internet. The internet screens all my impulsive little "I am the best, better than everyone else" comments, arrogant way of walking/holding myself, disdainful facial expressions, etc

NatGeo said:
Have you ever had a serious relationship with a woman?
afaik I am still a virgin and I do not think I am attractive enough to reproduce. Ugly people breeding is a travesty.

NatGeo said:
What is your opinion on the state of this site as a whole in general?
I don't know, it's just a Pokemon site I come to because I think it's fun. Stuff in C&C has been a little stagnant, but hopefully all that comes to an end soon...

Brou Titshio said:
What's the phantom zone?? Is it like the Dead Zone or like being sent to another dimension???
It's a place where time doesn't pass, is infinitely large and cold, and your physical body is destroyed. You lose any superpowers you had and there is no escape without a physical body.

Chou said:
Also for more idiocy, can supes kill a dead guy?? 'cause Goku is already dead.
Two words: Blackest Night. But, Superman doesn't kill. It's his #1 rule, and any continuity he breaks it in leads to bad shit. However, he has no qualms about Phantom Zone Projecting people who are too dangerous for our reality to live out and endless life of blank coldness.

Michael Scott: Have you ever , under the influence of alcohol, questioned the teachings of the Mormon church?

also who is the best character from fire emblem

afaik I am still a virgin and I do not think I am attractive enough to reproduce. Ugly people breeding is a travesty.
Do you think a serious relationship necessitates breeding, or even sex at all?

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
how much have you spent on tcgs in your life

which appears to you more; ygo or mtg

who would win in a fight: jace or ajani

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
your writing is interesting

what graphic novels would you recommend to someone who has no experience in the medium?

what have been / are some of your favourite a forum threads?

Do you think there is anything better than Porygon + Green Lantern?

Have you played through Black or White, and if so what was your opinion on it?

v

RolfKip said:
Michael Scott: Have you ever , under the influence of alcohol, questioned the teachings of the Mormon church?
Under and over and through the influence of everything. Mormon and moron are only one consonant different d:

RolfKip said:
also who is the best character from fire emblem
Never played it.

Jumpluff said:
Do you think a serious relationship necessitates breeding, or even sex at all?
Yeah, I think that if you don't have sex then your relationship is lacking a certain "something." I cannot think of a couple that doesn't fuck that I thought was better off than a couple that does fuck. It's a really basic human desire, and if you and your partner aren't going at it in a serious, longterm relationship, you'd better have a damn good excuse. As for breeding, from an objective perspective (my favorite rhyming phrase to use irl probably) that's the purpose of a relationship. I know there are exceptions (gay people is probably the most obvious) but whenever I become interested in someone, one of the main things I look at is longterm viability as a partner and what our prospective kids might look like, as well as how domestic life would look. I think that anything "serious" should definitely have the longterm in mind, and for me kids are just part of the equation, even though I don't wanna have kids x:

The reason I gave that answer is because I assume that that's what people wanted to know d:

Poppycock said:
your writing is interesting
Thanks! I don't think I put any of my list titled works there though, which imo are the most interesting. If I can find one, I'll post it. The idea behind a list title (i.e. "Four zombies, two unicorns, and an atomic bomb") is that I begin with a title and work everything in the title into the story, regardless of how ridiculous. I think it makes for a fun little exercise.

Balderdash said:
what graphic novels would you recommend to someone who has no experience in the medium?
Well, NOT Watchmen. It's great, but until you've consumed some of the older stuff you can't really appreciate what Watchmen does for the medium. If you want a really complete experience, start with some of the old Essentials, then move to Watchmen, then read in order: Batman: Year One, All-Star Batman, Batman: The Black Glove/Batman: RIP, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. If you're into Bats, that is.

For Supes, I preferred Birthright to the Secret Origins story, so,

Well, my point is that everything has a different jumping-off point. If you want to appreciate GNs as a medium you should really start by finding some pulp magazines and sampling your way to the present day to see how it's developed. Actually I might do that myself now because it sounds fun to me...

Poppycock said:
what have been / are some of your favourite a forum threads?
avatars, clark.txt, how you've grown, fate's 1k, uhhh there's plenty more that don't come to mind immediately. If I make a good post, meaning one that is long/thoughtful, I usually liked the responses enough or saw sufficient potential to put some effort forth.

Lustrous Mesprit said:
You missed my question in my last post!

Do you play any sports?
I didn't miss it, and I did answer it.

NatGeoDo you think there is anything better than Porygon + Green Lantern?[/quote said:
Yeah, plenty of things. I just like Porygon and Green Lantern. I won't make a list, but they are mostly things that are real.

NatGeo said:
Have you played through Black or White, and if so what was your opinion on it?
I haven't played all the way through yet on my White, so don't spoil it for me. I really liked all the new mons except for Woobat's evolution. It starts so cute and then becomes fucking hideous. I don't wanna see ugly shit like that x: I also played about 60% of it high so I really had my mind blown whenever I crossed over that one bridge and when I went into the city, which I did repeatedly because it was so cool.

Made up that 60% on the fly.

Penguin Dan said:
what did you think of the whole tempmods arrangement toward the end of the cap shoddy battle server's life? you were one of the only active cap mods at the time, but i don't remember you really having a part in it...
I stayed out of it because you and tennisace are both good friends of mine and having this huge, stupid fight. I didn't care enough either way to take a stand. I'm a big believer in picking your battles and this wasn't one I felt the need to fight. But, I worked my tail off for server mods and all these green kids who hadn't even been on the server a year getting mods felt kind of like a slap in the face, tbh. It didn't bother me enough to complain.

Dan said:
what's happening with the new york thing (with beej???)
Nothing yet afaik. I am gonna want to wait until my mother no longer urine tests me so we can all smoke up @o@

Danny Boy said:
http://www.smogon.com/qdb/browse/474
Why do you think I said "afaik" up there? d:

your mother urine tests you now??? man that blows maybe we'll just smoke without you

ps what did you do with the pink frilly pair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)