Vaporeon (Hydration Wall)

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
^ Ferrothorn, Roserade, Celebi, Toxicroak, and Vaporeon's shitty Atk would be a problem.

Rest-(Acid Armor or Roar)-Toxic-(Scald or Hydro Pump). And there you have it. Don't give me crap about Hydro Pump. Vappy has 95 Special Smattackeroos.

Rest-(Acid Armor or Roar)-Toxic-(Scald or Hydro Pump). And there you have it. Don't give me crap about Hydro Pump. Vappy has 95 Special Smattackeroos.
Actually Vaporeon has base 110 Sp Att, not base 95. Its Sp. Def is the one that is 95.

And it is generally preferred to run Scald over Hydro Pump on a defensive Pokemon, particularly one that's going to be in as long as Vaporeon is. The issue isn't the poor accuracy or the lack of burn, it's the low PP. Vaporeon is frequently called upon to out stall the opposition, and with only 8 PP in Hydro Pump, you're just asking for trouble.

I'd ask where the QA team is, but I realize now that with Drizzle being suspect this round, this set is really in Limbo until after the vote. While I find Drizzle getting banned unlikely, if it does happen this set will become pretty much useless, as it relies on permanent rain to do its damage.

Actually on second though, it could run Rain Dance and be a reliable user of it potentially... hrmmm even with Drizzle having Rain Dance could be useful for weather wars. It's worth and AC mention perhaps?

Actually Acid Armor is one of the perks of this set, it allows Vaporeon to outstall some physical attackers. In addition, I would go with:

move 1: Rest
move 2: Scald
move 3: Roar / Toxic / Acid Armor
move 4: Acid Armor
item: Leftovers
ability: Hydration
nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Calm + 252 / 252 with Acid Armor helps Vappy wall special attackers while AA helps patch up its defense

EDIT: actually I wouldn't even use Wish............
i agree with this set. your physical set is easily outclassed by alomola[cant spell it] who has higher base defense and hp,and hydration. its basically a beefed up vaporeon. and from my experience i can tell you one poke that outspeeds u with thunder will be a OHKO. so put EVs into special defense in order to stand a chance against thunder[which wont miss with your rain team vaporeons on] and potential hp grass solarbeam and hp electric.

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
HydraRest Vaporeon functions differently from all the other sets.
Make Roar slashed before Wish and delegate Ice Beam to AC (Toxic is important)

QC Approved (1/3)

HydraRest Vaporeon functions differently from all the other sets.
Make Roar slashed before Wish and delegate Ice Beam to AC (Toxic is important)

QC Approved (1/3)
Well thanks! I'll swap Roar around, that's not a huge deal, but I'm not sure Ice Beam needs to go to AC. While I agree that Toxic is hugely important, if you DO have a toxic spiker on your team, it might actually be more useful to run Ice Beam. Still, it's a minor point, and Toxic is definitely the move of choice.

@Smokay, I'm not sure what you're trying to say. If you're saying that the current set is outclassed by Alomomola you're incorrect, because this set is NOT intended to be physical but balanced. As for Thunder, the only Thunder that I find Vaporeon can't handle are those coming from electric types like Thundurus and Magnezone, and you really shouldn't be staying in on those anyway. If it doesn't get STAB, Vaporeon using the set I have here can actually tank it very well.

Tank vaporeon is real beastly in the rain given the right support. However, maybe an offensive variant works too? Yes, vaporeon may not have the speed but its sheer bulk makes up for it.

Vaporeon shedding crocodile tears
Modest 124HP/216Def/168 Sp. Atk
- Surf/Hydro Pump
- Ice beam/ HP Electric/ HP Grass
- Rest
- Fake tears

This is like, a harder hitting, albeit slightly slower type of offensive milotic. Hey, it does get better physical bulk somewhat. Anyway, fake tears is pretty cool and acts as a phazing move as well. The coverage moves are up to individuals.

The EV spread allows vaporeon to maintain some of its natural bulk and a modest nature buffs up its sp. atk stat. After a couple of fake tears, not even blissey can handle vaporeon lol. The big problem is fake tears get reflected back by retarded espeon's magic mirror -____- Otherwise, fake tears is actually a pretty cool move.

Well, just thought this might work. It's ok to ignore this set if it's not really viable lol.

Yeah, I would keep this to hydration wall. I don't think vaporeon works well on a serious rain stall team, not only does it share the same type as Politoed, but it doesn't do anything outside of existing and wish passing, and Blissey/Chansey does that better. The only thing I can think of, is it might have some small niche with roar on a stall team, but it shoun't be the main focus of the set.

Tank vaporeon is real beastly in the rain given the right support. However, maybe an offensive variant works too? Yes, vaporeon may not have the speed but its sheer bulk makes up for it.

Vaporeon shedding crocodile tears
Modest 124HP/216Def/168 Sp. Atk
- Surf/Hydro Pump
- Ice beam/ HP Electric/ HP Grass
- Rest
- Fake tears

This is like, a harder hitting, albeit slightly slower type of offensive milotic. Hey, it does get better physical bulk somewhat. Anyway, fake tears is pretty cool and acts as a phazing move as well. The coverage moves are up to individuals.

The EV spread allows vaporeon to maintain some of its natural bulk and a modest nature buffs up its sp. atk stat. After a couple of fake tears, not even blissey can handle vaporeon lol. The big problem is fake tears get reflected back by retarded espeon's magic mirror -____- Otherwise, fake tears is actually a pretty cool move.

Well, just thought this might work. It's ok to ignore this set if it's not really viable lol.
There's already an analysis written up by Accidental Greed awaiting approval here for a more offensive Hydration Vaporeon set. This analysis post here is solely devoted to using Hydration and Rest on Vaporeon to wall things.

Yeah, I would keep this to hydration wall. I don't think vaporeon works well on a serious rain stall team, not only does it share the same type as Politoed, but it doesn't do anything outside of existing and wish passing, and Blissey/Chansey does that better. The only thing I can think of, is it might have some small niche with roar on a stall team, but it shoun't be the main focus of the set.
You, my friend, are extremely wrong. I have been using Hydration Vaporeon on a serious rain stall team for weeks now and it is consistently the most valuable member of my team. Blissey and Chansey do not outclass it, since Vaporeon can actually do significant damage with rain boosted Scald (even without any SpA investment), can haze/phaze, tanks physical hits much better, and can actually out-stall pretty much any other wall in the game not named Ferrothorn. Tell me, can Chansey/Blissey take on Bulk Up Conkledur or Scrafty? Hydration Rest Vaporeon can. Can Blissey take on Calm Mind Reuniclus with Psyshock, or Dragon Dance Dragonite/Salamence/Haxorus?

As for the overlap with Politoed, I've already explained that. Having one team member overlap another in typing is something that all weather teams have to deal with. Politoed can simply be used to fill a more offensive role (I use Choice Scarf and it works quite well, though Pursuit is a bitch). Hydration Rest Vaporeon is ridiculously useful enough to be used despite the overlap. It can seriously beat out 80% of the metagame by itself. I've run into several well built teams that only had one or even no Pokemon that could get past it. Hydration Vaporeon is an absolute beast, and it doesn't even require much support beyond rain to be a beast. Really all it needs is something to take on grass and electric types and you're set.

Surf needs to be slashed with Scald. Honestly, Surf really is better. Scald is whack in my opinion especially if you are running toxic because you can fuck up and burn things that you actually want to toxic. Surf also just hurts more the difference is magnified because of rain (it is much more noticeable). Who does Vaporeon actually need to burn? Ferrothorn is going to Leech Seed you so you'll never beat it you can't taunt like Jellicent.

Surf needs to be slashed with Scald. Honestly, Surf really is better. Scald is whack in my opinion especially if you are running toxic because you can fuck up and burn things that you actually want to toxic. Surf also just hurts more the difference is magnified because of rain (it is much more noticeable). Who does Vaporeon actually need to burn? Ferrothorn is going to Leech Seed you so you'll never beat it you can't taunt like Jellicent.
Believe me, having used this Vaporeon for a long time, you really appreciate the burn more than the extra power. It helps enormously against steel types like Jirachi and strong physical attackers like Dragonite. A little bit of prediction usually ensures you don't burn something you'd rather toxic, and quite frankly the list of Pokemon where it would actually matter is rather small. Both Gastrodon and Jellicent are going to absorb the scald anyway (unless its a rare cursed body variant), Chansey/Blissey have natural cure so it's not going to stick. Really the only things it'd matter against are Celebi and Mew.

Just trust my experience on this one. However, I don't suppose it would hurt to slash it since it IS significantly more powerful. However, if someone else objects, I'll be removing it again. Scald does hit what you need to hit hard enough most of the time.

And that's where I will disagree. Physical Jirachi and steels in general are walled shitless by Vaporeon. Dragonite is either going to rape your face with CB Outrage or try to set up with Dragon Dance which is a moot point since your set has Roar.

There really is no reason NOT to include Surf other than "the burn is nice". Shitty base power for 30% burn is not worth it in my opinion, but it should be up to the user to decide.

The other issue is the EVs. Vaporeon should be outspeeding Skarmory and Scizor. Easy 2HKOs.

And that's where I will disagree. Physical Jirachi and steels in general are walled shitless by Vaporeon. Dragonite is either going to rape your face with CB Outrage or try to set up with Dragon Dance which is a moot point since your set has Roar.

There really is no reason NOT to include Surf other than "the burn is nice". Shitty base power for 30% burn is not worth it in my opinion, but it should be up to the user to decide.

The other issue is the EVs. Vaporeon should be outspeeding Skarmory and Scizor. Easy 2HKOs.
Again, allow me to emphasize... I ALREADY USE THIS SET. I know what it can do backwards, forwards and upside down. I've been using this set for almost a damn month now.

It has no need to outpace Skarmory or Scizor since it beats them both easily anyway. And where are you suggesting taking those Speed EVs from anyway? Its defenses? Trust me, it needs those EVs in defense. Thanks to Hydra Rest, you often find yourself with a sliver of health right before recovering to full health... taking away from its bulk would lead to you fainting a lot more and greatly lowering its effectiveness.

CB Dragonite is THE ONLY Dragonite that is going to beat Vaporeon, and if you don't have a steel on your team that can take CB Outrages you're just asking for trouble anyway. As for set up versions, as you said thanks to Roar (or Haze, which imo with Baton Pass Espeon running rampant is currently superior unless you're relying on hazard damage) that's not a problem.

The burn is primarily useful for burning offensive threats on the switch. For instance, that CB Dragonite you mentioned is rendered harmless by a burn, as is non-lum Haxorus, Scizor, physical Lucario, Metagross, Jirachi, etc., none of which worry much about Toxic. And I've already slashed Surf so there's no need to complain about it. It is NOT however going to be listed as the primary option, since Burn is very useful, not just for Vaporeon but also for its teammates. Vaporeon might be able to take physical attacks left right and center, but its teammates sometimes can't. Burning something also gives YOUR sweepers a chance to set up. Finally, 80 BP is not "shitty base power". It's only 15 less than surf, and while yes, the difference is noticeable, so is the difference of taking a burned outrage to the face instead of an unburned one. And even with the difference, you usually secure the same OHKOs and 2HKOs you would with Surf anyway. If you were right and Surf was clearly superior, Scald wouldn't be the first option on every bulky water's analysis on the entire site. Unless you're suggesting that absolutely everyone who writes analyses for the site is wrong, which is a pretty damn bold claim.

---------

On another note, I don't think I've mentioned this before but another interesting effect this Vaporeon has is purely psychological. You wouldn't believe how many people I've had rage quit after they worked me slowly down to the red, only to have Vaporeon heal it all off instantly, making all their work moot. Sometimes they'll even quit when they still had the upper hand. It's just that demoralizing.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
I'd make the set look like this:

[SET]
name: Hydration Wall
move 3: Wish / Roar
move 4: Toxic / Ice Beam
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD

Only difference is the removal of Surf as a slash. Don't really see why Surf just can't be mentioned in AC; Scald's burn chance > Surf's 15% extra power on a wall Vaporeon if you ask me - no need for a slash imo. Everything else looks good.

QC APPROVED (2/3)

Holy crap, after a month this thing suddenly gets it's other two Q/C approvals? Damn, ok I'll get to writing the analysis now I suppose. I just created a team for Smogon's Server but I can't test it out because it's down, so I guess now is a good time to write this up. Sorry about the week long delay, but after this went inactive for so long I had kind of given up on it XD.

Also, I'm forgoing balenced defenses in favor of a small speed creep in order to outspeed Jellicent's Taunt. New spread (and honestly is the one I've been using) is 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe. The extra few points in Sp. Def don't make much of a difference, while that ability to toxic Jellicent does since otherwise it hard-walls Vaporeon.

Instead of 4, run 8 Speed EVs. 4 Speed EVs only lets Vaporeon speed tie with standard Jellicent, while 8 lets it outrun standard sets all of the time.

Alright, analysis is written up and ready for proofreading. As for the speed creep issue... goddamn, I honestly don't know. It IS worth it to outspeed Jellicent though, as I've discovered on many an occasion. I find I outspeed most with just 1 extra point in speed though, so I don't think the extra point is really necessary.

Shame That

TAKE IT ALL OR LEAVE IT
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Amateur GP Check
Remove Add Comments
QC Approvals: 3/3
GP Approvals: 0/2

[SET]
name: Hydration Wall
move 3: Roar / Wish
move 4: Toxic / Ice Beam
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / Spe 4

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>While the previous set attempts to use Hydration for its offensive potential, this set aims to use the combination of Hydration and Rest to turn Vaporeon into an unbreakable wall. The purpose of this set is to wall incoming attacks, support the team, and deal out decent damage all at the same time. [Alternatively: "The purpose of this set is to wall incoming attacks, whilst either dealing out damage or supporting the team." Big correction for a little thing though.. just too long a sentence xD] simple; wall the opponent’s attempts to harm your team while striking back with your offensive options or supporting your teammates with your support options. With this physically defensive spread, Vaporeon's reaches near balanced defenses become far more balanced, allowing it to wall threats on both ends of the spectrum with extremely well efficiency [Generalisation; preference]. Additionally, her its [Gender consistency] superior fantastic [Superior to what?] recovery in Rest combined with her an immunity to status makes her Vaporeon a surprisingly effective stallbreaker, since wearing her it down over time is futile. Just remember that she Vaporeon is slower than most threats, so use Rest early and often.</p>

<p>Rest is the absolute crux of this set, and it cannot function without it. Scald is her Vaporeon's main STAB, and it which hits very hard for a defensive Pokemon,.[Remove Comma / Add Period] This is thanks to her an impressive base 110 Special Attack and the boost it Scald acquires from the rain. The burn chance is an added boon bonus that can greatly increase her Vaporeon's [It's actually more often male than female] walling potential. The choice between Roar and Wish is a tough one, and depends mainly hinges on what your team needs more. If you need a reliable shuffler and phazer, Roar is the way to go. If you need a near invincible,[Remove Comma] high-yield wish passer team healer [Avoid redundance], Wish is the move you should choose. Toxic is usually the preferred option in the final slot, allowing it Vaporeon to beat out the likes of Blissey and Porygon2 in a stall war while still allowing it keeping the ability to wear down most other Pokemon,.[Remove Comma / Add Period] though Ice Beam is also an option, as it gives you that extra bit of security against the omnipresent Ice weak Pokemon that fill the OU tier should you need it. </p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<Remove Space>

<p>Hydration Stall Vaporeon is a greatly underestimated defensive threat. Rest means it can stall out opponents that 2HKO it as well as those that or 3HKO it, which is one step better than walls that use lesser recovery options something not many walls can claim to [Or something like that?]. As such, the number of Pokemon it can wall is extremely high, as these calculations demonstrate. Even super effective attacks are possible to wall. All the below calculations include Leftovers recovery.</p>

<ul class="damage_calculation">
<li>252 SpAtk Choice Scarf Rotom-W Volt Switch vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Vaporeon: 44.61% - 53.02%
3HKO</li>
<li>252 SpAtk Choice Specs Rotom-W Volt Switch vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Vaporeon: 66.59% - 78.88%
2HKO</li>
<li>252 Atk Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs 252 HP/252+ Def Vaporeon: 30.39% - 35.78%
4HKO</li>
<li>252 +1 Atk Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs 252 HP/252+ Def Vaporeon: 45.26% - 53.23%
2-3HKO</li>
<li>252 Atk Haxorus Outrage vs 252 HP/252+ Def Vaporeon: 50% - 59.05%
2-3HKO</li>
<li>252 Atk Choice Band Haxorus Outrage vs 252 HP/252+ Def Vaporeon: 75% - 88.58%
2HKO</li>
<li>8 SpAtk (Defensive Calm Mind) Virizion Giga Drain vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Vaporeon: 33.62% - 40.09%
3-4HKO</li>
<li>8 +1 SpAtk (Defensive Calm Mind) Virizion Giga Drain vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Vaporeon: 51.08% - 60.13%
2-3HKO</li>
<li>252 SpAtk Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Vaporeon: 76.94% - 90.73%
2HKO</li>
</ul>

<p>Vaporeon is gifted with a wide movepool of useful options to abuse. While Rest is non-negotiable, all the other moves can be substituted out for other options. Surf is viable over Scald for the minor power boost (which is amplified by the rain),.[Remove Comma / Add Period] but However, Surf it usually lands the same OHKOs and 2HKOs that Scald lands, and that burn chance is hard to give up. The final two moveslots are where you can really get really creative. Haze can be used over Roar, especially if you have little in the way of hazard support. Haze also allows Vaporeon to crush and if you don’t have much for hazard support it can actually be more useful since it wrecks Baton Pass teams built around Espeon,[Add Comma] as well as giving you an edge in those tricky last Pokemon situations. Acid Armor can be used in combination with a more specially defensive EV spread,[Add Comma] to turning Vapreon from a bulky water into an immovable object,[Remove Comma] but However, in order to do this you have to give up on either an attacking option or support option to run it. Baton Pass can aid in carrying over Wish passing and pass Acid Armor Boosts to an ally, so it is worth a look at if you’re running either move. Rain Dance can be run to effectively mess with opposing weather inducers as they switch in, but is dead weight against teams without weather. There are many other moves Vaporeon can use effectively in the last two slots, so it can be worth the time to take a look at its movepool and pick whatever moves work best for your team. The 4 EVs in Speed are specifically used to outspeed Jellicent and Toxic it before it can Taunt you, so if you’re not running Toxic you can move the Speed EVs into Special Defense.</p>

<p>It goes without saying that Drizzle Politoed is absolutely vital to using use this set effectively, as without rain,[Add Comma] Rest is more of a liability than a help. In order to ensure that Politoed’s and Vaporeon’s roles don’t overlap, it is recommended you run a choice item on Politoed when using this Vaporeon. What Other support Vaporeon needs largely depends on what moves you choose for it. If she it has Roar, hazard support is great,[Add Comma] since this Vaporeon is an extremely effective shuffler. If Toxic is not used, then Toxic Spike support is nearly vital, and as even with Toxic it can give her the ability to beat threats she normally would not be able to get an attack in against, such as Choice Band Haxorus. Ferrothorn can lay all sorts of hazards and covers Vaporeon’s Grass weakness, so it fills that roll well. If you don’t have Roar then something to deal with stat boosters is vital, as Vaporeon becomes set-up bait for many of them. Type synergy wise In terms of type synergy, Virizon and Specialy Defensive Jirachi make great teammates, being able to absorb the powerful Electric- and Grass-type attacks aimed at Vaporeon, while she absorbs the Fire-type and physical attacks aimed at them. Virizon is also a great counter to Ferrothorn, who gives Vaporeon no end of huge trouble. Tentacruel and Toxicroak completely wall Vaporeon and can use her as setup fodder, so a Psychic type attacker can make a great partner. Latias and Latios make great partners in this respect, and as they also have great type synergy with Vaporeon, though they need to watch out for a boosted Sucker Punch. Rain abusing Dragonite can also help deal with those two if you give him Thunder and Hurricane, and can shrug off any Grass-type moves thrown at her Vaporeon. Ground types also can hit both of those Tentacruel and Toxicroak super effectively and take those dangerous Electric type attacks, but be careful not to amplify your Grass weakness too much when picking one.</p>
Great stuff, man! The grammatical errors really thinned out in the middle. Gender consistency was really the only thing that was coming back constantly. Will proofread this in the morning though.

Good job! :)

Alright, thanks for the check! Going through it now.

However, I'd like to point out with the "gender inconsistancies" that I was going by this point in the Spelling and Grammar thread: "You may use the pronoun "who" instead of "which" or "that" and use "he" or "she" to refer to Pokemon as people if you so desire. It must be consistent for the entire article or analysis if this is done, however."

Also, Vaporeon is already referred to as "She" throughout the current analysis that is already uploaded on the site. Example: "She can still utilize her Baton Passing capabilities with Acid Armor, Aqua Ring, and her new move Work Up. However, because of more Pokemon who can hit Vaporeon hard in this new generation such as Virizion, as well as older Pokemon such as Breloom, Vaporeon will have difficulty walling to her full potential."

And my Vaporeon have always been female online, because I'll be damned if Vaporeon doesn't look female (also rivalry Haxorus, but mostly CMON SHE'S FEMALE D:!)

As such, I'm thinking that I don't have to change that, but if you can explain to me why I'm wrong then please do so and I'll change it.

EDIT: Some other things I did slightly different fixes for...
You suggestions are all in itallics, my comments have no changes.

"With this physically defensive spread, Vaporeon's reaches near balanced defenses become far more balanced, allowing it to wall threats on both ends of the spectrum with extremely well efficiency [Generalisation; preference]."

Instead of "become far more balanced" I did "become nearly balanced". The reason is that if I did your fix, it'd change it from the meaning I was intending. Also, I don't think it's grammatically correct to refer to something as being "more balanced" unless you're comparing it to something else, which I'm not. Also, I decided to change "extreme efficiency" to "extreme proficiency", as I realize now I got the word wrong and I don't think "extremely well" conveys the message powerfully enough.

"Additionally, her its [Gender consistency] superior fantastic [Superior to what?] recovery in Rest"

Superior to EVERYTHING! :P Well my point was that it's superior to any other form of recovery, but I'll just go with "fantastic" to keep things simple.

"The burn chance is an added boon bonus"

boon1n1. something extremely useful, helpful, or beneficial; a blessing or benefit ex. the car was a boon to him

I think that boon perfectly fits this circumstance, so I'm keeping it unless someone else can make an argument otherwise. If I want to use more interesting terms then I'm going to >:O

"<p>Hydration Stall Vaporeon is a greatly underestimated defensive threat. Rest means it can stall out opponents that 2HKO it as well as those that or 3HKO it, which is one step better than walls that use lesser recovery options something not many walls can claim to [Or something like that?]."

I agree this sentence is awkward, but your solution doesn't convey the point I'm making. Basically, I'm trying to get across the fact that since most walls can only heal half their health at once, they can only wall things that can 3HKO them or worse (and if the opponent does 3HKO them then they can't afford to do anything but heal or they die) whereas with Hydra-Rest you can wall anything that can't OHKO you (though if they 2HKO you can't do anything but heal and risk dying to a crit).
Can anyone come up with a way of saying all that in a concise manner? I'll make an attempt at it later and update you on what I've come up with.

"Surf is viable over Scald for the minor power boost (which is amplified by the rain),.[Remove Comma / Add Period] but However, Surf it usually lands the same OHKOs and 2HKOs that Scald lands, and that burn chance is hard to give up."

I followed the suggestions here except replacing "it" with "Surf". I JUST was talking about Surf and I mention Scald in the sentence. There is no question what I am referring to and saying Surf again just sounds repetitive.

"Acid Armor can be used in combination with a more specially defensive EV spread,[Add Comma] to turning Vapreon from a bulky water into an immovable object,[Remove Comma] but However, in order to do this you have to give up on either an attacking option or support option to run it."

I think you made a mistake here as "Acid Armor can be used a specially defensive EV spread" doesn't make any sense :P. I suspect you meant to leave "with" unchanged there. Also, I replaced "to run it" with "to make room for Acid Armor" since I feel it isn't stated clearly why you're losing an an attacking/supporting option without it.

"Baton Pass can aid in carrying over Wish passing and pass Acid Armor Boosts to an ally, so it is worth a look at if you’re running either move."

I'm sorry, but I read the sentence you made (Baton Pass can aid in carrying over Wish passing and Acid Armor boosts to an ally, so it is worth a look at if you're running either move.) and it just doesn't work. The phrase "carrying over Wish passing" is particularly problematic. How about "Baton Pass can aid in passing Wishes and give Acid Armor Boosts to an ally, so it is worth a look at if you're running either move." instead?

"What Other support Vaporeon needs largely depends on what moves you choose for it"

"Other support Vaporeon needs largely depends on what moves you choose" is definitely a fragment. "What other support Vaporeon needs largely depends on what moves you choose." also seems wrong though, and I'm not really sure how to fix it. Suggestions? I think this sentence may need to be totally reworked.

"If Toxic is not used, then Toxic Spike support is nearly vital, and as even with Toxic it can give her the ability to beat threats she normally would not be able to get an attack in against, such as Choice Band Haxorus."

Replacing "and" with "as" changes the meaning of the sentence. The first part is stating that without toxic, you need toxic spikes. The second part is talking about how Toxic Spikes can help even when you do have Toxic. Perhaps simply separate it into two sentences like this?
"If Toxic is not used, then Toxic Spike support is nearly vital. Even when she does have Toxic, Toxic Spikes can give her the ability to beat threats she normally would not be able to get an attack in against, such as Choice Band Haxorus."

Ferrothorn can lay all sorts of hazards and covers Vaporeon’s Grass weakness, so it fills that roll well. If you don’t have Roar then something to deal with stat boosters is vital, as Vaporeon becomes set-up bait for many of them

Ok this one is my mistake. I said Ferrothorn when I meant Forretress. Forretress is the one that can lay all the hazards (including Toxic Spikes) which is why I put it after I mentioned Toxic Spikes instead of after just the Hazards. Not that Ferrothorn is a bad teamate either (its resistances fit Vaporeon better in fact), it just can't lay Toxic Spikes (or rapid spin, but that's a different matter). In fact I'm going to add Ferrothorn in... just remember that I added something new that needs to be checked!

"Virizon is also a great counter to Ferrothorn, who gives Vaporeon no end of huge trouble."

Instead of huge I replaced "no end" with "a lot", since "huge" is an overstatement of how dangerous Ferrothorn is to Vaporeon. While Vaporeon can't really hurt Ferrothorn and it can actually use her to heal, it's very rare he can actually do permanent damage to her, as even Power Whip fails to 2HKO barring a crit.

-------

Alright, that ended up being quite a bit, but I think proofreading like this works best going back and forth anyway. I did do around half of your suggestions exactly as perscribed XD.

EDIT2:

"<p>Hydration Stall Vaporeon is a greatly underestimated defensive threat. Rest means it can stall out opponents that 2HKO it as well as those that or 3HKO it, which is one step better than walls that use lesser recovery options something not many walls can claim to [Or something like that?]."

Alright, I thought about this for a bit and came up with this:
"Hydration Stall Vaporeon is a greatly underestimated defensive threat. Since it can recover all its HP in one move using Rest, it has the ability to wall any Pokemon that cannot OHKO it, while all the other walls in the tier can only wall Pokemon that fail to 2HKO them."

While this solution doesn't bring up the issue of not being able to actually strike back in these circumstances, I think it illustrates the point I was trying to make; Hydra-Rest allows Vaporeon to wall many more Pokemon than those who rely on lesser forms of recovery. You guys think that solution checks out?

EDIT3:

"What Other support Vaporeon needs largely depends on what moves you choose for it"

Ok, how about "The other kinds of support that Vaporeon needs largely depends on what moves you choose to use."

I think that sounds much better, how about you?

Ok, I made all the changes that I mentioned in my previous post, make sure you use the most recent edit when posting your checks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)