VGC '11 US National - Indianapolis - July 8th to 10th - WON by superwolfe & Cybertron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dunno if you'll be able to see it but I'll try to stream ryuzaki's r7 until batteries on Ninahaza's phone run out

Posted pics to twitter.

Fish Duy Tds greysong and enfuego all made it to tomorrow

Many matches between good opponents being played to get into top 16

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the twitter updates Cybertron as that helps keep our IRC channels up to date on things when we can't see stream.

Wow, the us nats make all the other vgc qaulifiers look piss easy.
Well done to everyone who got to nats, and to those in partic who have made it thru further.

Duy milan Tds tts zerowing mr Arnold meztips greysong wolfey and stephan m all made it

All made it synre missed it by one with a 5-2 :(

Man, Synre 17th really sucks ._. blergh

Congrats to everybody who made it, 5-2 seems steep to qualify =/

New Mr. 17th place goes to Synre :/

Oh well, always next year for him. Congrats to all Masters/Seniors/Juniors that qualified for tomorrow and best of luck to all of you.

Btw Cybertron, did your little brother make top 16?

Isn't tomorrow morning top 32? In the rules, it says top 32 matches are held Sunday morning.

http://www.pokemonvgc.com/static/pdf/VGC%20US%20Nationals%20Tournament%20Operation_2011_EN.pdf

scroll down to swiss rounds and single elimination; it says at least twice that top 32 in each age division move onto sunday's single elim rounds. So top 32 tomorrow then a competitor must win two rounds to make it to top 8 and the invite.

It does say depending on attendance, so did they whittle it down?

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
kok sucks

that being said i was the first to see that so i yelled it out so loud

Juniors tomorrow: Snake (seeded 1st), Lil Zheng (2nd), Mudkip (4th), Grace (10th)
Seniors tomorrow: Me, Unreality, Maski, kingofkongs, David A., Mosquitox216, Human, Hitmonrocker, and a few others.
Masters tomorrow: Zerowing, Duy, TDS, TTS, Mr. Arnold, meztips, Greysong, Wolfey, and Stephan M. (Last year's national champ's brother)

Best part of the day: Huy and omegadonut's battol, where they switched seats and battled against each other using the other team, along with Nick constantly making fun of them and several staff members taking over the battle. GOOD STUFF GENTLEMAN

Me, maski, iss, kingofkongs, Snake, Lucien, Unreality, and superpokemon67 are just chilling in Maski's room.

5/6 members of team Seniors made it, and that's cuz ABC used a troll team...

Juniors tomorrow: Snake (seeded 1st), Lil Zheng (2nd), Mudkip (4th), Grace (10th)
Seniors tomorrow: Me, Unreality, Maski, kingofkongs, David A., Mosquitox216, Human, Hitmonrocker, and a few others.
Masters tomorrow: Zerowing, Duy, TDS, TTS, Mr. Arnold, meztips, Greysong, Wolfey, and Stephan M. (Last year's national champ's brother), Tokyo Pyro

Best part of the day: Huy and omegadonut's battol, where they switched seats and battled against each other using the other team, along with Nick constantly making fun of them and several staff members taking over the battle. GOOD STUFF GENTLEMAN

Me, maski, iss, kingofkongs, Snake, Lucien, Unreality, and superpokemon67 are just chilling in Maski's room.

5/6 members of team Seniors made it, and that's cuz ABC used a troll team...
Fixed. ;)

Only if either of us get T4 and the hotel room.

I'm vsing a random for my Top 16 match today, and probably Brandon in my Top 8 match if I win.

I played horribly. I went 2-5. I have honestly never played so bad in my life. Bad predictions, bad move choices, bad everything. Next year I'll be better prepared for the pressure/noise/whatever else made me not think things through. Had fun though but it is hard to focus on that after not playing well. Good luck to everyone playing tomorrow, ill be there rooting you guys on!

Top 32 thing is just a mistake on the website afail, other two divisions were also 16 and the sheets we got when we qualified for nats to begin with said 16.

Strangely, I played Jabba round 7, and if it was 32 it'd have been him in my shoes at 33.

Epic 16th place at nats, jajajajajaja
You're lucky I ended up being 3-4 from 1-4 to boost your opponent's win percentage to make top 16 9.9 Top 47 overall with my team and my first year not bad at all, had a great time playing today, two matches on screens and won both =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)