VGC '11 US Northwest Regional - Seattle, WA - May 14th - WON BY biffsterPKMN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bugger cars- you don't want to deal with the parking fees at the WSTCS, take it from me. I'm just bussing my way over.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Bugger cars- you don't want to deal with the parking fees at the WSTCS, take it from me. I'm just bussing my way over.
yes avoid bringing a car down if you can, seattle is a nice place to walk around and the downtown transportation system is amazing[if you did not want to walk around in seattle ofcourse]

if you DO have to drive, make sure you carpool ONLY - non-HOV lanes into seattle are pretty much always slammed, i tend to avoid I-5 north and south as well as I-90 anytime that it isn't super late

HOV / seattle public transit is your best bet, even driving to a nearby metro transit center (with free parking 100% of the time!) in eastgate / north seattle and then busing from there is a great way to shave time and hassle for the commute

I'll be there for my first VGC tourny. I like my team, just worried about the RNG at this point. Should be interesting. I'll be in the masters like pretty much everyone here.

I'm going. Masters. Looks like there's gonna be some stiff competition this year. Last year I swept my way to the top 16 with non perfect pokes. Golem, latios, mewto, rayquaza. Should be interesting this year though.

Articuno64

1 to 63 were taken
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm going. Masters. Looks like there's gonna be some stiff competition this year. Last year I swept my way to the top 16 with non perfect pokes. Golem, latios, mewto, rayquaza. Should be interesting this year though.
I was your first opponent in the top 50. Used Breloom, Dialga, Parasect, Palkia. You and your Focus Sash Golem...

Woo!

Hey guys! I'm William and I'll be going, a pleasure to meet all y'all! I made top 16 last year thanks to my Dark Void Smeargle, but really hadn't prepared very much. I'm really excited for this year, though! :)

I'll be in the Kecleon shirt.

Articuno64

1 to 63 were taken
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
LOL! Really? Kind of stupid on my part to use golem with focus sash. He has sturdy >.<
Are you going to compete this year?
Yeah I'll be there, and like Cybertron said, Sturdy acting as a Focus Sash is a new thing in gen 5.

I remember Surfing Golem and watching the health drop, then thinking "... oh, please don't be Focus Sash", and it was. You then exploded and put yourself up 3-1, it was gg from there!

I'll be there. Last year I was ascrubbin' with my rain dance team that didn't run kyogre cuz I couldn't get one in time >.< . Also, I haven't done any testing, don't know how to RNG, and am JUST now breeding my pokes. Like a boss.

Sooooo should be pretty fun XD

Yeah I'll be there, and like Cybertron said, Sturdy acting as a Focus Sash is a new thing in gen 5.

I remember Surfing Golem and watching the health drop, then thinking "... oh, please don't be Focus Sash", and it was. You then exploded and put yourself up 3-1, it was gg from there!
Lol yeah, it was pretty sweet running a golem. Most people I faced seemed really caught off guard by him. People would see my golem and latios, kind of chuckle to themself, and within 20 seconds, I'd see they're face turn to a frown lol. Oh ok, sturdy wouldve been practically useless then. Well best of luck to you this year, I'm pretty excited to see what kinds of strategies people will be using.

Hey guys... it's Nick McCord. I saw this thread and wanted to give you a lowdown on Seattle. I've lived there for a while and the downtown commission on whatever just raised parking fees. There are however the decks on Elliot. There are several parking decks on Elliot just before the art institute heading South that only run like 12 bucks a day if you get there early enough... which, of course, you will. Also, you can park on Capitol Hill (past 21st at about 21st and Madison) for free and bus down on the number 10 line, which'll head straight down Madison and into the downtown core. There's a church I used to park at all the time when I didn't wanna pay the fees. Hope this helps guys! Can't wait to see you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)