VGC '12 New England Regional - Providence, RI - WON BY Charzaro [And Babbytron]

1 week left!!!

Any word on this yet, by the way?
I got a response from them, which actually send registration starts at 8am now until 8:45 am for ALL Ages including masters.

They said they wanted to get it done as soon as possible, but I'm still not sure how it's actually going to work out. That was their response though.

I got a response from them, which actually send registration starts at 8am now until 8:45 am for ALL Ages including masters.

They said they wanted to get it done as soon as possible, but I'm still not sure how it's actually going to work out. That was their response though.
Yea the store hosting the event posted it on their site:
sadface

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
last month it originally said 9am to 9:45am as I won't be surprised if some show up late believing it was those times.

Regionals is in 6 days everybody!

Staying home? Not able to make it to Rhode Island? Want updates to know how your favorite players are doing? I will be tweeting and posting pictures of every round to let you know how the tournament goes. I'll also be taking videos of battles, touring the site, and just general coverage. Follow/subscribe if you want to be up to date with this weekend's Regionals! See you all there!

By the way, come up and say hi to me! One of the best parts about VGC's is socializing and making new friends, and I always love taking pictures with everyone to include in warstories. It'll be easy to find me, I'll be with my 9 year old brother. Oh, and we're both Asian. :)

6 days is a breeze. Especially with no school tomorrow, and friday. So excited. GL to everyone. Rooting for cyber to take seniors(well probably everyone is haha), and masters is a tuffie. Im just focusing on t16.(watch me get trolled and get something stupid like 17th place haha.) i'll probably be the one with the brown hoodie, and a very f'd up hair style.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm staying at home (somewhat) unfortunately, but I'll see you all Sunday!

FYI I'm pretty sure parking is going to be $20 dollars at the convention center so if you're able to walk you probably should even if your hotel is kinda far (which none of them are afaik unless you rented one in a different city).

3 days away :3 I can't wait to see alot of you again! It'll be fun! So when will Masters start? I know the reg is 9 am, are we playing immediately as well?

Expert Evan

3 days away :3 I can't wait to see alot of you again! It'll be fun! So when will Masters start? I know the reg is 9 am, are we playing immediately as well?
Take a look at the site again, it now says 8-8:45am

I'm sure there'll be lots that'll show up late under the assumption registration starts at 9am.

We plan to leave home before 6am so we'll at least make it on time as 99% of the time will be going up I-95 for us.

Oh by the way, are there any dining places to eat in the area within short walking distance?

Expert Evan

According to google maps it's a 2 hour 12 minute drive for me, which is actually longer compared to Newark, NJ.

$20 for parking at Convention Center? It was free when we went to Newark back in June :/

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
According to google maps it's a 2 hour 12 minute drive for me, which is actually longer compared to Newark, NJ.

$20 for parking at Convention Center? It was free when we went to Newark back in June :/
Yeah the Convention Center makes you pay $20 for parking during events, it sucks pretty bad. Anyway, for dining, you have the Providence Place Mall within a 5 minute walk, here is a list of all they have.

Yeah Providence Place is good, I prob won't end up going there since I live so close. Dang EE really? That's a bummer ):

I'll be staying at home, only like a hour and 45 minutes away from the place :P I brought 5 people with me last year, but I've now downgraded to only one person...he's up to meeting everyone :D (mostly Cybertron, because he's like the only one I ever told him about...fyi he's asian, not that it matters :P)

That's interesting to be honest, it seems like it'll be done quite early this year then. It kinda seems like they just want to get it over with this year or something. I'm not sure either, but we will see in 2 days lol.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
The other regional planners have been telling us it'll take till 6pm for the other events.

The other regional planners have been telling us it'll take till 6pm for the other events.
Well that's good :D I just like to hang out as well, and see everyone again which is the best part of the VGC imo. and playing Pokemon of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)