VGC '12 United States National - Indianapolis - WON by Cybertron and Wolfey

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of BW2, I asked this twice and was told they weren't allowed twice. However, I never thought to ask about the Dream World changes. They might actually be allowed. I don't think there are too many unreleased Dream World abilities that would really shake up the metagame but an official Custap Berry release would likely change things. Hopefully nothing silly like a legal Soul Dew happens.

I would suggest everyone learn about the relevant BW2 and Dream World changes just in case. I may be paranoid, but I'm not fully convinced it's an issue they had thought through 100%. If you have the time and resources, you could also take the extreme measure of making and bringing a team that takes advantage of BW2 on the chance that the changes are considered legal.

-Players may use Pokémon with Hidden Abilities that have been officially released via Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, the Pokémon Global Link, or an official event or promotion.

from the rules. so hidden abilities from black and white 2 will not be legal.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
-Players may use Pokémon with Hidden Abilities that have been officially released via Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, the Pokémon Global Link, or an official event or promotion.

The new Dreamworld stuff isn't necessarily BW2 only. The June 21st DW update may release new stuff to the BW games. 5th Gen Pokemon DW abilities are out but something like a Custap Berry could be legal. I'm probably worrying over nothing and we'll see what happens in a few days.

From the sounds of it Custap+other high number berries could be legal, as it would be possible to get them in BW. Wouldn't worry too much about them though, pretty gimmicky for the most part. DW abilities, though, are an entirely separate matter. Something could be released that can be caught in BW Dream World, but they could be cautious to do nothing too important.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

The new Dreamworld stuff isn't necessarily BW2 only. The June 21st DW update may release new stuff to the BW games. 5th Gen Pokemon DW abilities are out but something like a Custap Berry could be legal. I'm probably worrying over nothing and we'll see what happens in a few days.
Also, I'm pretty sure the "via Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version" part is referring to Darmanitan and Musharna, since the Global Link part is listed separately from it. So that doesn't necessarily exclude BW2 Dream World stuff.

Just letting everyone know that my brother and roommmate will be coming with me. I guess there is only one spot left in the top 4 now.

If anyone cares, my cousins won't make it. I guess it's just my brother and I on the go for top 4 in seniors.

Deleted User #77065

Banned deucer.
For what it's worth, I'll be going to Nationals with my league. I've never been to a VGC event, so I'm pretty excited about it.

Good luck to everyone!

Well, this is a bit unfortunate, but it looks like I can't attend this year :<
We won't be getting back from our vacation unti Wednesday, so my parents will be too tired to get me over there. Huge shame, too, cause this team I have has been really successful.

Ah well, this looks like the end of my VGC12 season. Hope all the rest of you take tons of pics and video so I can see what I'll be missing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)