VGC Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I guess if I can get a hold of it, that will be enough of an accomplishment eh? Thanks for the speedy reply.

A second question then, seeing as I won't have Blaziken for obvious reasons, what would be a good replacement for it on a sun team? Just a decent Fire type physical sweeper that isn't Infernape :)
Don't forget that other VGC players can help you out (I have a Rash one, for instance). If you don't want to use someone else's stuff, then Darmanitan and Arcanine are your best bets.

Don't forget that other VGC players can help you out (I have a Rash one, for instance). If you don't want to use someone else's stuff, then Darmanitan and Arcanine are your best bets.
I'm a bit shaky on Pokecheck and how to use it and other things like that. I don't know what it is to be honest. Maybe I'm just Tech Challenged?

I was thinking Darmanitan myself, but I really wouldn't mind a DW Blaziken. Adamant/Jolly of course but as long as the Speed and Attack don't get dropped....

Do most good Trick Room teams use Fake Out to help ensure a turn-1 Trick Room? I haven't seen Follow Me / Rage Powder in awhile.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
From what I've seen a lot of, most TR teams have both Fake Out and Rage Powder support. But still, neither of these can guarantee you getting your TR set up Turn 1.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Do most good Trick Room teams use Fake Out to help ensure a turn-1 Trick Room? I haven't seen Follow Me / Rage Powder in awhile.
I see both all the time. Neither of which are reliable against imprison Chandelure + any kind of support.

Could someone EV train my gastrodon? To help you need to
always be on smogon so I can track how long it takes.
EV training takes almost no time. You can train a full team of 6 in about an hour or two if you have the power items and Pokerus and know where to go.

What exactly are you having trouble with?

Do I have to have the 3ds dream radar game to get the therian forms on my white 2? Thanks
BlankZero, I believe that's incorrect. Again correct me if I'm wrong, but if someone already has the Therian's on another game, they can just trade you from their game. You need the 3ds dream radar in order to switch back and forth, but if someone has em' a trade is all that's required. So it's really either or. You find find free VGC Pokemon here.

Some one may just have a Therian, or two, for you!

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
No you need to get the Therian Landorus from the Dream Radar yourself to be able to get the item that lets you change the genies from Therian to Incarnate forme.

So BlankZero is correct.

Cannonfodder asked if he needs the dream radar to get the therians. You are correct in the fact that the dream radar is required for the Incarnate change, but to just get the therians, a trade is another option so long as their in their Therian form when traded. I can't remember if they revert to incarnate in the wifi club, I thought that they stay in the same form as long as their being transferred between BW2 carts.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Cannonfodder asked if he needs the dream radar to get the therians. You are correct in the fact that the dream radar is required for the Incarnate change, but to just get the therians, a trade is another option so long as their in their Therian form when traded. I can't remember if they revert to incarnate in the wifi club, I thought that they stay in the same form as long as their being transferred between BW2 carts.
Nope, even among two BW2 carts, you cannot trade the genies in their Therian formes.

I don't even know how to EV train and my friends were telling me it was very hard so I would just find someone else to help me.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don't even know how to EV train and my friends were telling me it was very hard so I would just find someone else to help me.
It's confusing at first, perhaps, but once you know how to do it it's really easy. One time I procrastinated on my team before a regional and EV trained all six Pokémon in about three hours the morning of the event.

This guide is a good place to start - after you read it, feel free to ask any more questions you may have.

Whenever both of my Pokemon are knocked out in the same turn when I battle on wifi, for some reason it doesn't let me choose which Pokemon to send in next, and I end up having to wait the for the entire command timer to run down before my last 2 or 1 Pokemon I have left are sent out. Is this just a thing that happens, or is it only happening to me?

Whenever both of my Pokemon are knocked out in the same turn when I battle on wifi, for some reason it doesn't let me choose which Pokemon to send in next, and I end up having to wait the for the entire command timer to run down before my last 2 or 1 Pokemon I have left are sent out. Is this just a thing that happens, or is it only happening to me?
it happens in every game. it's kinda hard to explain but i'll try my best
after selecting one pokemon to go into battle, tap a fainted pokemon and tap it's portrait like you were sending it in. then select the other pokemon and you should send in both.

in steps:
1) Select one Pokemon to send out

2) Select one of the recently fainted Pokemon

3) Now select the other Pokemon that you want to send out to battle

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
The key thing to remember is to read the text at the bottom of the touch screen. It's easy to miss and a lot of people do miss it but it tells you what you are supposed to do. As tlyee61 said, you select a Pokemon than select a position.

Can legally HackedPokemon be used in VGC? ie, you're tired of failing at RNGing and IV breeding and just want the Perfect IVs done with already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)