Victini

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Blue Flare to hit the Dragons/Ground pokemons
Blue Flare won't be hitting many dragons, especially with no Spa investment. Glaciate is much nicer for that and there is really is no merit to running blue flare over it. And V-Create is essentially always going be stronger than a double so there's no point adding to the recoil of life orb for something outclassed and pretty useless.

Obviously I'd change the Nature if I take this option ;p
The event Victini can be any nature according to the Bulbapedia article. I wish people hadn't spread the word so soon that it had to be Lax. Now no one is going to use it's new moves to their full potential.

I wouldn't regard a 50% chance of OHKOing after SR as straight OHKOing. To compare: LO-HP[Ice] has a chance higher than 80% to OHKO Gliscor and Dragonite after SR, so it does have its merit.
Using Naughty or Lonely instead of Adamant allows for Glaciate to OHKO most offensive variations of Dragonite and Salamence, and all forms of Gliscor after SR damage.

4 SpA Life Orb Victini Glaciate vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragonite: 244-291 (75.54 - 90.09%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
--
4 SpA Life Orb Victini Glaciate vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Salamence: 328-390 (99.09 - 117.82%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
--
4 SpA Life Orb Victini Glaciate vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 312-369 (88.13 - 104.23%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The event Victini can be any nature according to the Bulbapedia article. I wish people hadn't spread the word so soon that it had to be Lax. Now no one is going to use it's new moves to their full potential.
I've heard that it's not forced to be Lax Showdown. By changing the Natures I didn't mean to change it to Lax though, but to a Nature not -SpA.
I was more thinking about one listed above.

Oh my word I've missed you my precious fire-sprite.

I've been using this for a few battles:

Victini @ Life Orb
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Brick Break
- V-Create
- Bolt Strike
- Glaciate

I've always had sun team troubles. Maybe it's my favorites being weak to it; maybe it's my style. I played a couple with this set this morning and yesterday, and nuking everything was so satisfying. Ninetales died to one V-create. Dugtrio came in on Glaciate, was slowed, and died the next turn to another. Blasting the bajesus out of opposing sun (and teams in general) with ridiculous God-like V-creates is wonderful, and opens up the team enough for my Volcarona to eat face.

Again, why did I ever leave you, V?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)