1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Victini

Discussion in 'BW OU' started by KnightoftheWind, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Onicon

Onicon

I wouldn't regard a 50% chance of OHKOing after SR as straight OHKOing. To compare: LO-HP[Ice] has a chance higher than 80% to OHKO Gliscor and Dragonite after SR, so it does have its merit.
    On the other side Glaciate can pick on certain checks like Latios and defensive Starmie who might come in V-Create, force you out and Recover off the damage. Latois falls after SR-Glaciate-V-Create and Starmie after Glaciate-Bolt Strike.
  2. Reymedy

Reymedy They live and die by my command.
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

In need of some advices about Victini.
    I'm thinking about using it in an OU team. Basically I want a pokemon resisting Psychic and Ice. Especially Ice.
    I want him to potentially replace Genesect and set-up on a scarf pokemon that would revenge my Dragon with an Ice move (think about a Keldeo stuck on HPice).

So here is the build I "thought" about :

Victini @ Life Orb
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature

- Substitute
    - V-Create
    - Bolt Strike
    - U-Turn / Double Edge / Glaciate* / Sunny Day

The idea is to Substitute on the switch and threaten anything thanks to Victini's coverage. Substitute would also come pretty handly after spamming a couple of V Create.
    For the last slot, I don't want to be a set-up bait for a Lati@s.. at all. I got a Pursuiter so an U-Turn could be pretty useful. Double Edge hits pretty hard anything... Sunny Day could turn the tide of a game against a weather team in a pinch. Blue Flare to hit the Dragons/Ground pokemons and potentially cancel the sweep of a pokemon.

I really want some advices, I'm just theorymoning things for now. Maybe swap LO for an Expert-Belt/some kind of berry to make the enemy believe that I'm using a choiced set.

What seems awful in this set? What would you change about it as Victini players ?

*EDIT : Thanks Enguarde, I messed up and was confused by all these flashy legendary moves. I indeed meant Glaciate :<
    Obviously I'd change the Nature if I take this option ;p
  3. Enguarde

Enguarde I only play ADV UU
    is a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

Blue Flare won't be hitting many dragons, especially with no Spa investment. Glaciate is much nicer for that and there is really is no merit to running blue flare over it. And V-Create is essentially always going be stronger than a double so there's no point adding to the recoil of life orb for something outclassed and pretty useless.
  4. Admiral Bobbery

Admiral Bobbery

The event Victini can be any nature according to the Bulbapedia article. I wish people hadn't spread the word so soon that it had to be Lax. Now no one is going to use it's new moves to their full potential.
  5. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Using Naughty or Lonely instead of Adamant allows for Glaciate to OHKO most offensive variations of Dragonite and Salamence, and all forms of Gliscor after SR damage.

4 SpA Life Orb Victini Glaciate vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragonite: 244-291 (75.54 - 90.09%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
    --
    4 SpA Life Orb Victini Glaciate vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Salamence: 328-390 (99.09 - 117.82%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
    --
    4 SpA Life Orb Victini Glaciate vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 312-369 (88.13 - 104.23%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
  6. Reymedy

Reymedy They live and die by my command.
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

I've heard that it's not forced to be Lax Showdown. By changing the Natures I didn't mean to change it to Lax though, but to a Nature not -SpA.
    I was more thinking about one listed above.
  7. Seth Vilo

Seth Vilo

Oh my word I've missed you my precious fire-sprite.

I've been using this for a few battles:

Victini @ Life Orb
    252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naughty Nature
    - Brick Break
    - V-Create
    - Bolt Strike
    - Glaciate

I've always had sun team troubles. Maybe it's my favorites being weak to it; maybe it's my style. I played a couple with this set this morning and yesterday, and nuking everything was so satisfying. Ninetales died to one V-create. Dugtrio came in on Glaciate, was slowed, and died the next turn to another. Blasting the bajesus out of opposing sun (and teams in general) with ridiculous God-like V-creates is wonderful, and opens up the team enough for my Volcarona to eat face.

Again, why did I ever leave you, V?
  8. The Dark Hero

The Dark Hero

Glaciate? YES! Now I can actually hit Garchomp and Latios!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)