Victini

I'll never waste my Victini with a bad move like death gambit. As long I use him well; me and my team can make a lot of wins.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just discovered that they changed the name of Victini's signature Special move from "Blaze Judgment" to "Ball of Flame". Who's in charge of this crap? :/

Probably since there's already a move called "Judgement"

But yeah, "Ball of Flame" is pretty meh for a signature move of a legendary pokemon.

So I've been trying to come up with an updated version of the mixed set for Victini now that V-Generate will soon be released:

Victini@Life Orb / Expert Belt
Naive; 6 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Speed

Psychic
Focus Blast
V-Generate
Thunderbolt

Victini hits 11 of the 17 types for super-effective damage, which makes Expert Belt an option, but you'll probably want Life Orb. Victini is able to 2HKO Blissey with a combination of Focus Blast + V-Generate and 2HKOs Evo Stone Chansey with V-Generate as well. It gets great coverage on several walls in general and is pretty quick, too.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I just discovered that they changed the name of Victini's signature Special move from "Blaze Judgment" to "Ball of Flame". Who's in charge of this crap? :/
Umm Blaze Judgment is just a completely wrong translation. "Kaendan" does not translate into Blaze Judgment. It roughly translates into "Flame Bomb" or "Flame Ball"

I suggest a Scarfed set (if it hasn't already been posted, sorry but I don't want to read through 6 pages :X)

Bikutini @ choice scarf
Jolly/Adamant
Victory Star
-V-Generate
-Zen-Headbutt
-Grass Knot
-U-Turn

Grass Knot if you are predicting a bulky water pokemon coming in, V-Generate for a ridicolously powerful STAB move (and with scarf it's possible for you to get another hit, even with the speed drop), U-turn is for scouting (be careful though, as he takes 25% on the switch-in), and Zen Headbutt is another usable STAB. The set is completely walled by Heatran, so you may consider focus blast over U-turn/Grass Knot or even to drop Zen Headbutt.

Scarf Victini will want to be revenging things, and that particular set will want HP Ice for Chomp / Landorus / Mence at the least.

Scarf Victini will want to be revenging things, and that particular set will want HP Ice for Chomp / Landorus / Mence at the least.
Ehm sorry, my sets usually are based on PO tiers, and Bikutini is UnderUsed, so it hasn't got to revenge things like Garchomp/Randorosu/Salamence :X. I agree that hp Ice would be better in OU

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've tried a cool biktuni set that makes a great pivot, decent attacker, and status spreader.

Biktuni @ leftovers
72 hp/252 spatk/184 spe
timid
fire blast
thunderbolt
hidden power ice
will o wisp/thunder wave
The evs max special attack, out run 216 jolly gliscor (factoring iv drop from hidden power), then pour the rest into bulk. I use thunder wave, but a slightly better accuracy will o wisp can be used for tyranitar, who otherwise walls and pursuits this set. Blissey is a bitch, but when isn't she? Hp ice is for gliscor and hitting dragons on the switch. Fire blast is for stab, thunderbolt is for coverage with hp ice and hitting waters. So far it's been working pretty well.

Ball of Flame is just a literal translation. I am sure that かえんだん sounds cooler to the Japanese than Ball of Flame sounds to us. If TPCi has any good judgment they will give it a cooler name than Ball of Flame.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
So apparently, V-generate Victini is allowed on the smogon server on pokemon online.

I haven't seriously used it but the calcs are looking quite nice for the power behind choice banded V-generate on a lot of resistant switch ins. Oddly enough I haven't done any calcs using sun. Choice band regenerate will be the new Latios specs Draco meteor.

....Well, this is what I would be saying if not for bulky waters, the stealth rock weakness, and the fact that Victini becomes even more vulnerable than Latios after using it. On the bright side, niether Scizor nor Tyranitar are safe switch ins to Victini at all (well, Scizor is obvious).

Edit: Couldn't resist. 91.5% minimum to 252/252 impish gliscor in the sun.

As awesome as V-Generate is, it's still weaker than Darmantian's Flare Blitz. :(

299 Atk vs 236 Def & 301 HP (180 Base Power): 246 - 289 (81.73% - 96.01%)
379 Atk vs 236 Def & 301 HP (156 Base Power): 270 - 318 (89.70% - 105.65%)

So apparently, V-generate Victini is allowed on the smogon server on pokemon online.

I haven't seriously used it but the calcs are looking quite nice for the power behind choice banded V-generate on a lot of resistant switch ins. Oddly enough I haven't done any calcs using sun. Choice band regenerate will be the new Latios specs Draco meteor.

....Well, this is what I would be saying if not for bulky waters, the stealth rock weakness, and the fact that Victini becomes even more vulnerable than Latios after using it. On the bright side, niether Scizor nor Tyranitar are safe switch ins to Victini at all (well, Scizor is obvious).

Edit: Couldn't resist. 91.5% minimum to 252/252 impish gliscor in the sun.
Umm, are you sure it's that.. Well, I can't say little, but I expected it to flat out OHKO Gliscor without stealth rocks.

I mean, sure Gliscor is a bulky motherfucker, but in the end, we're looking at a 180 BPmove that gains a 50% damage boost 3 times.(Sun, Choice Band and STAB) coming from a 100 base attack stat and Gliscor doesn't resist it.

Umm, are you sure it's that.. Well, I can't say little, but I expected it to flat out OHKO Gliscor without stealth rocks.

I mean, sure Gliscor is a bulky motherfucker, but in the end, we're looking at a 180 BPmove that gains a 50% damage boost 3 times.(Sun, Choice Band and STAB) coming from a 100 base attack stat and Gliscor doesn't resist it.

It's coming from 100 base attack. That's the problem.
Gliscor is also pretty damn bulky.

It's coming from 100 base attack. That's the problem.
Gliscor is also pretty damn bulky.
100 base attack isn't low, though. Not to mention there's the sun involved.

Well, at least it can't come in with stealth rocks, but I really expected anything to die under those conditions if it doesn't resist fire.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Umm Blaze Judgment is just a completely wrong translation.
But it's way better than the original. Blaze Judgement. Come on.

As awesome as V-Generate is, it's still weaker than Darmantian's Flare Blitz. :(

299 Atk vs 236 Def & 301 HP (180 Base Power): 246 - 289 (81.73% - 96.01%)
379 Atk vs 236 Def & 301 HP (156 Base Power): 270 - 318 (89.70% - 105.65%)
Context.

Context Context Context.

As aweseome as Garchomp's Outrage is, Salamence's is stronger. :( But wait, Garchomp is faster and has Swords Dance.

Awesome as Garchomp's Earthquake is, Rhyperior's is still stronger. :( Which one of those guys ended up UU while the other remained consistently a top threat for two generations straight?

100/100/100 defenses to 105/55/55. Psychic type to switch in on Fighting type attacks as well as check the users. 95 base Speed to 100. You don't kill yourself using your best move. V-Generate Victini puts Darmanitan out of a job.

It's still ok to compare them since both users are weak to SR, have limited switch-in opportunities anyway, and both moves have damn awful side effects. Hell, if you bring Darmantian in off of a fresh death, at least he doesn't slow himself down with each use of his primary physical attack and can clean up with Flare Blitz/Fire Punch as long as you keep him fresh, and the extra bit of raw power is a bonus on top of those other things that make V-Generate and Victini not as useful in certain situations. He does a bulky mixed set better, but 'omg v-generate' is exactly what I don't like seeing, since it's largely unjustified.

I used this:

Victini @ Life Orb
Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- V-Generate
- Nitro Charge
- Brick Break
- Wild Bolt

Come into anything that cannot harm it and use Nitro Charge. Unless your opponent switches into a Flash Fire Pokemon, you'll be getting a surprising speed boost. Brick Break catches Tyranitars off guard and Wild Bolt is for Water types. V-Generate is self-explanatory and is absolutely ridiculous when paired with sunlight and Nitro Charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)