Victini

I wanna try out the physical set. I've been looking forward to this Pokemon for awhile, and I think the Physical set has lots of potential. Mixed seems cool too, with Flare Blitz and Focus Blast.

I just got my Vicitini in the game today yeah i'm slow player lol, anyways I kidna wanna combine Subsitute and Cheer UP with a Salac Berry

Nature: Jolly/Adamant
Item: Salac Berry
12 HP/244 Attack/252 Speed
Subsitute
Cheer Up
Zen Headbutt/Flare Blitz
Brick Break/Flare Blitz

Timid/Modest
12 HP/244 SpA/252 Speed
Subsistute
Cheer Up
Psychic/Focus Blast
Flame Bomb

You can go special Cheer Sub or Psychial Sub Cheer, based on personal preference

PS-Plz don't be harsh on me I'm new at this thanks :)

Victory star seems great in doubles.

You can pair it with aggron, who can use alot of moves with shaky accuracy (head smash, iron tail, aqua tail possibly even dragon rush). Victini trick rooms, aggron does whatever. Then aggron can sweep.

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory star
Timid Nature
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Speed
- Death Gambit
- U-turn
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball

Let me explain simply how it will work:
252 HP Ev's = HP stat of 404
252 Speed Ev's = Speed Stat of 328

this is where the combination of the choice scarf and death gambit come together.

now imagine explosion, except it will ALWAYS do 404 Damage which is a lot.

death gambit's power depends on your CURRENT HP so choice scarf makes you faster then all pokemon that are not scarfed (including doryuuzu in a sandstorm, I think)

it can INSTANTLY Kill any pokemon that has a Base HP stat of 100 or lower.

also, it can kill any lead with death gambit before they set up stealth rock.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
If you come in on rocks, you'll only have 303 HP, which does not score nearly as many kills with Death Gambit. In addition; running it as a lead is just asking for the enemy to use Protect to either scout your move, or (should it indeed work that way) cause Death Gambit to be wasted.

Aside: I can't stop picturing Victini with a Goatee now. :(

If you come in on rocks, you'll only have 303 HP, which does not score nearly as many kills with Death Gambit. In addition; running it as a lead is just asking for the enemy to use Protect to either scout your move, or (should it indeed work that way) cause Death Gambit to be wasted.

Aside: I can't stop picturing Victini with a Goatee now. :(
Obviously you have to scout with U-turn first, using Death Gamble off the bat is not a wise move.

I'm a little surprised no one has considered making 101 subs with this guy yet

Victini @Leftovers
Timid
252 HP/176 Spe/80 Def
Substitute
Charge Beam
Flamethrower
Psychic

Okay, so the moveset probably sucks, but it's a decent starting block. 252 HP EV's give you 101 subs, so if Blissey tries walling you, she's shit out of luck. 176 Speed lets you outrun all non-scarfed base 90's, with the rest thrown in Defense, since it seems mostly physical mons are switching into Victini, although I'm open to suggestions on how to make that better. Charge Beam let's you increase your special attack while still dealing damage. I went with Flamethrower for the PP, so you don't run out while still dealing good damage even with few to no boosts. Psychic is mostly for STAB, although it might provide unresisted coverage(?). SR cuts the effectiveness, but with a little support I could see this thing causing some massive damage.

I just got my Vicitini in the game today yeah i'm slow player lol, anyways I kidna wanna combine Subsitute and Cheer UP with a Salac Berry

Nature: Jolly/Adamant
Item: Salac Berry
12 HP/244 Attack/252 Speed
Subsitute
Cheer Up
Zen Headbutt/Flare Blitz
Brick Break/Flare Blitz

Timid/Modest
12 HP/244 SpA/252 Speed
Subsistute
Cheer Up
Psychic/Focus Blast
Flame Bomb

You can go special Cheer Sub or Psychial Sub Cheer, based on personal preference

PS-Plz don't be harsh on me I'm new at this thanks :)
since cheer up will boost both attack stats, a mixed set is prefered. brick break/fire blast (or flamethrower for pp) would probably be the better set. there will be no recoil from flare blitz and you can deal with blissey after some cheer ups. Also, most psychical walls are weak to fire, making the fire move a better option than the psychic move.

A life gamble leader set is also good, it is the most HP'ed life gamber user there is, and with a scarf, it can erase one lead from the game (barring mischievous heart) and allows for a less lead dependant team to win

If I had to guess, this guy will be seen with five sets: The Support and Sub sets from the OP (maybe), Special Choice (Flame Bomb/Psycho Shock/Focus Blast/Grass Knot or Thunder), Physical Choice (U-Turn/Flare Blitz/Brick Break/Zen Headbutt), and mixed Cheer up (probably Cheer Up/Flame Bomb or Fire Blast/Brick Break/Psychic is the best way to go for coverage and power)

Bikutini @ Lum Berry
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Kaendan
- Protect
- Taunt
- Thunder / U-Turn

Victini is my favorite pokemon so far, and I'm trying to make it work. It very evidently cannot sweep, and stealth rock sucks dick. But by leading, Victini gets the momentum going pretty well.

This is the lead set I'm running. Kaendan is the most reliable, powerful, and useful STAB Victini has. It has no draw backs and can really come in handy with the 30% chance to burn. I started using this because I hate Eruufun and this takes care of it.

Vicinti is pretty good at scouting out shit as a lead with protect, lum berry, taunt and two powerful moves that also cripple shit. A lot of people's answer to Victini is to status it, so I started using Lum berry and i'm pretty satisfied. U-turn is another option over Thunder. It doesnt give as much coverage and is much weaker, but couold be used so Tyranitar can't come in and kill you with pursuit. Otherwise, Protect on Tyranitar first, to see if it's pursuiting. If not, you can just switch out. If so, you still have that 30% chance to burn it the following turn with Kaendan.

Bikutini @ Lum Berry
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Kaendan
- Protect
- Taunt
- Thunder / U-Turn

This is the lead set I'm running.
Hey, I don't really think that works as a lead.

Forretress and Skarmory still get up one layer of hazards if they want thanks to Sturdy or can just run to any of the several Pokemon that wall your current moveset. Slower pokes like Swampert, Hippowdon, Aggron and Gigaiasu KO you if you choose to Taunt them, which is probably the only merit of using Victini - as a fast Taunter to block set-up. Aerodactyl, Infernape and Deoxys-E by virtue of greater speed still get their hazards up while Machamp, Starmie and Dragonite and other anti-leads all threaten with SE moves while you can barely do anything back.

I imagine the high burn chance allows it to break through Sturdy or Focus Sash leads in one turn, but outside of that it doesn't achieve much. Even Magma Storm Heatran can attempt the same thing but with a 75% chance of breaking through the sash/Sturdy compared to 30%.

How bout A mix sharpen set?

Victini@Life Orb
Victory Star, (+Spe, -Def)
196 Atk, 96 SpA, 216 Spe
-Claw Sharpen
-Wild Volt
-Zen Headbutt/Brick Break
-Purgatory/Fire Blast

Purgatory Becomes 91% accurate after a Claw Sharpen, and is his special attacking side. I do not remember the nature's name, but the +Spe, -Def is recommended over the -SpD, as the burn from Purgatory solves the defense problem. Wild Volt is an excellent move, and Zen Headbutt for STAB. Brick break can be use to anhillate Blissey :)

the set's only real problems are Ono, Dora, and Geno, withh their speeds above the base 95 the current EVs try to beat, and being walled hands down by Latias, although it won't appreciate being burnt

How bout A mix sharpen set?

Victini@Life Orb
Victory Star, (+Spe, -Def)
196 Atk, 96 SpA, 216 Spe
-Claw Sharpen
-Wild Volt
-Zen Headbutt/Brick Break
-Purgatory/Fire Blast

Purgatory Becomes 91% accurate after a Claw Sharpen, and is his special attacking side. I do not remember the nature's name, but the +Spe, -Def is recommended over the -SpD, as the burn from Purgatory solves the defense problem. Wild Volt is an excellent move, and Zen Headbutt for STAB. Brick break can be use to anhillate Blissey :)

the set's only real problems are Ono, Dora, and Geno, withh their speeds above the base 95 the current EVs try to beat, and being walled hands down by Latias, although it won't appreciate being burnt
The only problem is that victini doesn't learn claw sharpen(but ambipom does?)

Purgatory only has 73 Accuracy after one Claw Sharpen and Victory Star. After 2, it gets 91 Accuracy. Considering the fact that Fire Blast has more power and has perfect Accuracy after one Claw Sharpen, I would definitely put it as the primary option.

Edit: Yeah, as Green Thunder said, Victini doesn't even learn Claw Sharpen.

Purgatory only has 73 Accuracy after one Claw Sharpen and Victory Star. After 2, it gets 91 Accuracy. Considering the fact that Fire Blast has more power and has perfect Accuracy after one Claw Sharpen, I would definitely put it as the primary option.

Edit: Yeah, as Green Thunder said, Victini doesn't even learn Claw Sharpen.
WHAA?

I could swear I read somewhere that it did. Gayy

sorry guys, my bad. I guess Cheer Up is the only way to be a mixed sweeper. Gayy.

NO stat boosts at all clearly make this the worst sweeper of all the pixies(if it can at all). jirachi/celebi/mew/manaphy/azelf all do it better. A super accurate WoW however is probably its biggest asset and something that I would at least try to run. scarftar would fall flat on its face if it switched into a burn and tried to persuit only to get hit by a extremely high accuracy focus blast.

if anything I would be a lot more worried about the endless supply of bulky water types that are so prevalent and don't use physical attacks.

I do like him as a starter. With Fire Blast, Thunderbolt and Energy Ball he's got nice coverage (Except Dragons, but they seem to be rather rare in the lead spot), with Death Gambit as 4th move. He KO's quite a lot of stuff and there isn't that much that enjoys switching in on Fire Blast. Not the single best starter I ever toyed around with, but certainly one of the more interesting ones.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NO stat boosts at all clearly make this the worst sweeper of all the pixies(if it can at all). jirachi/celebi/mew/manaphy/azelf all do it better. A super accurate WoW however is probably its biggest asset and something that I would at least try to run. scarftar would fall flat on its face if it switched into a burn and tried to persuit only to get hit by a extremely high accuracy focus blast.

if anything I would be a lot more worried about the endless supply of bulky water types that are so prevalent and don't use physical attacks.
Victini doesn't really need a boosting move, since it already overtakes a role OU's been needing for a while now: another good Fire type. Plus, it gets Victory Star, which is a really awesome ability that he can abuse like no tomorrow.

Also, bulky Water types like Burungeru had better be packing something stronger than Boiling Water, as Victini can easily OHKO/2HKO with Thunder.

@ OP: You should put Psychic over Focus Blast on the support set. WoW and a subsequent U-turn are sufficent for neutering Tyranitar and other Steel types, but more importantly, you can actually KO Blaziken, who sets up on you otherwise.

Starmie only has 100 special attack stat and can be a very effective sweeper. Manaphy has 100 sweeping stats and was considered too powerful for standard. Celebi has 100 stats and could run effective offensive and/or defensive sets despite having a whopping 7 weaknesses and one of those a 4x weakness to U-turn. Jirachi Can also run effective Sweeping or tanky sets with base 100 stats. Venusaur only has 82/100/80 offensive stats and was one of the top UU sweepers and even saw a little OU play; it also only has 80/83/100 defenses and is considered to have decent bulk. Kindra has only 95/95/85 offensive stats and could be one of the most scary sweepers in the metagame. Just a few examples.

Also, what is with people saying things that are bulkier than Swampert "aren't very bulky" this generation. Considering 75/75/75 defenses are "average" to "acceptable" 100/100/100 is very bulky. I remember when D/P came out everyone said Heatran would be trash because 4x Ground weakness and Fighting weakness and Water weakness. Just silly.
True, but the problem here is typing. Swampert/Kingdra/Heatran have very strong defensive typing, which lets them get away with lower defensive stats. Celebi (the closest comparison IMO) has similar typing issues but gets off clean because it has key resistances to fighting, ground, water, and electric, which allows for some key synergies. As of yet I have not seen those same synergies with Victini. The weakness to ground is particularly key, as earthquake is one of the most common and powerful attacks in OU play. To make things worse, Victini is ALSO weak to rock attacks, meaning it can get hit by either side of the edge-quake combo (which means bringing in a counter poke to live the hit is extremely hard).

On the other hand, Victini's typing is massively superior to Celebi's or Jirachi's on the offensive side of things. Fire is a great attacking type, and with grass, electric, and fighting attacks to back up powerful stab moves it can achieve impressive type coverage. To make things even better, it can go mixed (something that the other 2 pixies dont do very well) with physical fighting or fire attacks. It just such a shame he doesn't appear to get trick.

Though Victini would most probably get V-Generate in the the third version of the 5th gen games, we can discuss it now right? I think with Choice Scarf, and max speed for Victini, it can outspeed most pokemon and finish them off with V-generate with STAB. with drought, this move can be deadly. after that, just simply switch to another pokemon, or try U-turn ( which i doubt can be first after speed drop )

The talk of V-Generate made me think of something for doubles/triples.

1. Have an ally fool around with Skill Swap to get Perversity or whatever it's called onto Victini.
2. Spam V-Generate.
3. ?????
4. Profit!

For overkill, use Overheat too.

I think the mixed set is probably the way to go, as Heatran lacks a way to kill Blissey (barring the awesome trapper set) and Infernape/Blaziken are a little too frail for this niche. The closest competitor it has for this spot probably is Arcanine, as Close Combat > Brick Break any day, and Intimidate is generally more awesome than Victory Star. 10% is just...GRAGH.

On a side note, Thunder and Focus Blast get 80% accuracy, which sounds great until you recall Fail Edge. Suddenly Victory Star just seems a whole lot overhyped than we made it out to be in the early days of B/W.

On a side note, Thunder and Focus Blast get 80% accuracy, which sounds great until you recall Fail Edge. Suddenly Victory Star just seems a whole lot overhyped than we made it out to be in the early days of B/W.
Actually the 10% boost is multiplicative, not additive, so they only have 77% accuracy... shame...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)