Victini

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Here's something that would be fun:

Victini @ Life Orb
Trait: Victory star
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 SpA (?)
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- V-create
- Fusion Bolt
- Brick Break / Focus Blast / Zen Headbutt / U-turn

With HP investment Victini is bulky enough to take advantage of its resistances to pull off a Trick Room without too much of an issue. Then spam V-create during TR to speed up while doing insane amounts of damage (OHKOes Max HP Arceus in the sun, guaranteed, as an example).

Above poster: Did you mean V-create (as opposed to Searing Shot)?

Here's something that would be fun:

Victini @ Life Orb
Trait: Victory star
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 SpA (?)
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- V-create
- Fusion Bolt
- Brick Break / Focus Blast / Zen Headbutt / U-turn
I really like this set. As soon as I heard that V-create lowers defenses and speed I instantly thought of trick room, though it wasn't until I saw this that I remembered that Victini itself learned trick room. I'm going to try running U-turn so that I am able to set up trick room and get out to someone else if necessary.

Then again I haven't used Victini much yet, what are common switch-ins? Even with a Brave nature Victini is fairly fast, so I'm not quite sure where he stands speed wise with his common opponents.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
V-Create is just a +1 Flare Blitz. Coming from Victini's 100 base Attack it is impressive, but far from broken. Especially considering he's out-sped by all the good Dragons, and Tyranitar & Politoed can switch into V-Create take a pittance from it and out-speed Victini due to the -1 Speed.

I've been using Victini on my Sun team (Ninetales, Victini, CB Snorlax, Anti-Weather Lilligant, Garchomp, Encore+Support Victreebel) he's good...but always too slow.

I use
Bombchu (Victini) @ Life Orb Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- V-create
- Wild Charge (PO hasn't updated with Fusion Bolt yet)
- Brick Break
- Safeguard

Victini is VERY solid in Sun...but he's far too slow. MAYBE he could so some damage with Flame Charge, but you'd have to get rid of all of your opponents Dragons before you can do anything. Sun-boosted V-create only does like 80% to *insert Dragon-type with no HP/Defense investment* And V-Create makes your +1 Speed go back to +0 and you'll get Out-sped and KO'd by the Dragon anyway.

Also Safeguard is just there to piss EVERYONE off. Until this thing gets Ice Punch, I'm just gonna be THAT GUY and use Safeguard.

Hey guys I have a pretty original idea for a Victini set

move 1: V-Create
move 2: Zen Headbutt
move 3: Fusion Bolt
move 4: Trick Room
item: Wise Glasses/Leftovers
ability: Victory Star
nature: Brave
ivs: 0 Spe
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

hope you guys try this and have fun.
Did you not just see the post earlier on this very same page...

Not sure if this was mentioned, but a Charge Beam Set could be useful, thanks to it basiclly always hitting thanks to the ability.

Experbelt/Life orb
Modest 252 Spec attack, not sure about the rest.
Charge beam
Psychic/Psychock
Fire Blast
Shadow Ball/Focus Blast

V-Create and Fusion Bolt is in one set that i heard about. i thought it was strange but might be worth trying. But can Victini even learn Fusion Bolt?

A new event is coming where the Victory Pokemon will not only know V-create, it will also know Blue Flare, Bolt Strike, and Glaciate!

Bolt Strike is the most notable addition; allowing Victini to hit Water types like Politoad harder than it did with Fusion Bolt. Bolt Strike's accuracy gets boosted from 85 to 93 too! Blue Flare will help the special set, although there are probaby better special attacking options. Glaciate is weak, but I guess it could force switches on Special sets or something.

A new event is coming where the Victory Pokemon will not only know V-create, it will also know Blue Flare, Bolt Strike, and Glaciate!

Bolt Strike is the most notable addition; allowing Victini to hit Water types like Politoad harder than it did with Fusion Bolt. Bolt Strike's accuracy gets boosted from 85 to 93 too! Blue Flare will help the special set, although there are probaby better special attacking options. Glaciate is weak, but I guess it could force switches on Special sets or something.
Blue Flare and Glaciate are pretty meh (though I guess Glaciate could be good on Special sets to hit dragons, a la Keldeo's Icy Wind), but Bolt Strike is pretty huge. A 130 BP physical Electric-type attack with a 20% chance of paralysis and only a negligible chance to miss? Yes, please.

Oh look, Victini gets an equivalent of a base 86 secondary STAB. Lets hope it doesn't have a crappy nature to go along with it.

Blue Flare looks kind of useless, but I guess it gives it a slightly stronger special STAB. On the other hand, Bolt Strike means neutral natured CB Victini has a small (50%) chance of OHKOing Defensive Toed on the switch and a 78% chance to 2HKO 252 HP Heatran (not factoring in accuracy) after SR.

Blue Flare looks kind of useless, but I guess it gives it a slightly stronger special On the other hand, Bolt Strike means Victini has a small (50%) chance of OHKOing Defensive Toed on the switch and a 78% chance to 2HKO 252 HP Heatran (not factoring in accuracy) after SR.
252+ Atk Choice Band Victini Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Politoed: 336-396 (87.5 - 103.12%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

And Victini wins the weather war in one turn!

How did it happen in turn 1 if the ko is only guaranteed after Rocks? :p

Anyways, good to see Victini get some new toys!

Bolt Strike is a welcome addition to Victini's moveset. When Victini isn't nuking things with V create Fusion Bolt would hit the bulky waters hard, and now a amped up version with 130 base power is pretty awesome for example it okhos physically defensive toed after SR, and OKHOs physically defensively Jellicent after a round of 1 layers of spikes and SR damage. And the 93 accuracy is negligible, more accuracy than things like Fire Blast and Focus Blast, and is worth the trade off. I see no real use for glaciate as it seems to have no real use on Victini, heck even HP ice outclasses glaciate if you wanted to use a ice type move.Blue flare seems interesting, a more powerful version of Fireblast and with more accuracy, so it can see some use on special sets. Victini got some real nice new moves but glaciate is a waste on any victini set.

These new threats make it even more of a potent threat, it hits all weather starters hard with the appropriate moves and now bolt strike can kill defensive toed. I would always use Victini in sun, as the power of V-create is awesome and even dents resists under Sun. And now with blue flare a special based Victini can be seen to be used more, there is no denying a physical version is better but a special one is still usable. A more powerful Fireblast seems awesome and I can see a specs set being used possibly. I say altogether Victini is a underrated threat that can punch quite a few holes. He can run moves on both sides of the spectrum, and both sides gained welcomed additions in these new moves.

Edit: I guess Glaciate seems good on a speed reducing set, but still seems like a gimmick to me and a bit too situational.

At this pace Victini is going to get Shadow Force, Spacial Rend, Roar of Time, Judgement, Psystrike, Secret Sword, and all those signature moves... :P

It seems that Victini may be used more often on Sun Teams now that it gets an attack that can deal with Politoed much more easily than Dugtrio

Everyone is dissing Glaciate but guys, keep in mind the benefits of slowing your opponent.

Look at Breelom for example. Low Sweep Breelom is amazing atm; and I think Victini could pull off something like Glaciate / Bolt Strike / V-create / Brick Break @ Life Orb. That way when they bring something in you can slow it and hit it super effectively (Terrakion / Dragons / scarfmons).

EDIT @ above: Psystrike Victini gogogo specs

Yeah I will say glaciate will see some appearances on it's sets as it is a fairly good move. I can now see victini ruin scarfed pokes on the switch.

Actually Glaciate has some uses in its special/mixed sets. Victini just killed something(with Bolt Strike/Brick Break) and the opponent send in Draonite at full health. You can use Glaciate as it uses Dragon Dance to lower its speed. The next Glaciate should finish it off.
Glaciate should have been 85 base power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)