Volcarona

I have not had a chance to check yet but a Pokemon in a Generation IV game could just learn Stealth rock there and then traded into Generation IV?

My primary opinion about this pokemon is that is shows a lot of potential for the reasons in the OP but the glaring Stealth Rock weakness really can not be ignored. Working around that, it is has got a good speed, fantastic stat up move and awesome special attack. If used properly it could destroy teams.

I have not had a chance to check yet but a Pokemon in a Generation IV game could just learn Stealth rock there and then traded into Generation IV?

My primary opinion about this pokemon is that is shows a lot of potential for the reasons in the OP but the glaring Stealth Rock weakness really can not be ignored. Working around that, it is has got a good speed, fantastic stat up move and awesome special attack. If used properly it could destroy teams.
Well you need 2 DSes to trade over old pokemon. Luckily I have more than one.

Although GF seems to making it harder for us to get our hands on it, as if they didn't want us to use SR...perhaps we should listen to them? :O

Well you need 2 DSes to trade over old pokemon. Luckily I have more than one.

Although GF seems to making it harder for us to get our hands on it, as if they didn't want us to use SR...perhaps we should listen to them? :O
Having the required number of consoles is in my mind is irrelevent. If it is possible then it is usable.

If it were not for Stealth Rock then Urugamosu would easily be in OU in my mind considering it's usable bulk.

Having the required number of consoles is in my mind is irrelevent. If it is possible then it is usable.

Not really relevent but I think Stealth Rock was a mistake. It has a unbalancing effect on the metagame forcing pokemon to be resistant to be usable. I think the OU metagame would be a broader as a whole if it were not for Stealth Rock. Some pokemon would be OU if it were not for Stealth Rock but because they are 4x weak to it they are NU.

If it were not for Stealth Rock then Urugamosu would easily be in OU in my mind considering it's usable bulk.
Its not irrelevant. Perhaps the person who needs to move their pokemon over has no friends with a DS! They'd need to buy another (money sink) just to transfer. Sure thats not the case with shoddy and stuff but since that program refuses to work on my computer, and other people's as well, not every one has access to SR.

SR needs to be handled better. It can stay if it receives some kind of nerf. Some one said when B/W was released that SR only does 25% damage at the most (2x OR 4x weakness) which seemed like a fair nerf, but I don't think thats true anymore...

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
I can't wait to get a female one and name her Momthra.

Am I the only one who finds it strange that the pre-evo's learnset is almost completely different? Besides Ember, String Shot, Leech Life, and Bug Buzz the whole thing is completely different (not to mention that the baby is both Physical based and slow).

Little Cup players won't have to worry about this one, I guess.

~

I would have my ev spread on that pokemon more on the defensive side with at least 148DEF / 160HP, and maybe with substitute to help it last longer/scout. (With butterfly dance)

Wind Storm: Flying Special PP: 10 / Power: 120 / Accuracy: 70
Increases accuracy during weather. (30%)

According to Serebii, its secondary effect is that it can cause confusion. Or does it have both effects?

(Probably are wrong)
Calcs for swarm + petaya Modest Urgamoth (not factoring a Butterfly Dance) Bug Buzz
Does 343-404 damage to a 229 Special Defense Swampert.
167-196 on offensive Dragonites
If you do get another boost (from Butterfly/Fire Dance) you do:
222-261 on Dragonite (I think around 50% chance to KO after SR)
And a clean KO on standard 4th gen Swampert from Bug Buzz.
(Sub, Butterfly Dance, Bug Buzz, Fire Dance/Fire Blast)

EDIT: I should mention that I didn't factor in Dragonite's Dream World ability.

Wind Storm: Flying Special PP: 10 / Power: 120 / Accuracy: 70
Increases accuracy during weather. (30%)

According to Serebii, its secondary effect is that it can cause confusion. Or does it have both effects?

I'm not sure, because while ti doesn't list the accuracy as a secondary effect, it doesn't say anything about Rain Accuracy for Thunder, either. I think the only way to confirm is going to be to have someone test it in game, as it doesn't seem like Serebii is going to put info like that up

I can see myself using this Pokemon often. Starmie and Tyranitar make great partners to Urugamosu, as pointed out earlier. They cover just about everything between the three of them as well.

Stealth Rock has never kept me from using Yanmega before. I don't see any reason as to why it would stop Urugamosu.

I'm still waiting on testing to see whether or not I'm going to use a Choice Scarf or a Life Orb on it. Speed seems to be incredibly important now, yet Butterfly Dance is retarded. I guess we'll see.

I can see myself using this Pokemon often. Starmie and Tyranitar make great partners to Urugamosu, as pointed out earlier. They cover just about everything between the three of them as well.

Stealth Rock has never kept me from using Yanmega before. I don't see any reason as to why it would stop Urugamosu.

I'm still waiting on testing to see whether or not I'm going to use a Choice Scarf or a Life Orb on it. Speed seems to be incredibly important now, yet Butterfly Dance is retarded. I guess we'll see.

How is Butterfly Dance retarded?? It's a special Dragon Dance with a Special Defense boost thrown in

I dont understand. Why wont this be any useful in ou when Ho-oh is just fine in ubers where stealth rock is much mroe popular than in ou? 40% of every ou teams i face have stealth rock whereas 100% uber teams have it.

Retarded is a slang term for broken or absolutely devastating.
I don't think it is, actually (Retarded, not Butterfly Dance.). And if it is "broken", then you should use it, no?

What? You mean it doesn't get Mountaineer?
Mountaineer is a CAP concept ability. It is not real.
Moth doesn't get stellar abilities, though personally I think Swarm is gimmicky fun. Rather than Mountaineer, it should get Magic Guard, as Magic Guard also protects against all non-attacking moves. But that is very powerful, which is why I don't think it was used. As mentioned in the thread, there are ways to work around stealth rock.

Instead of a sweeper EV spread, this thing should focus on bulk.

Why? More butterfly dances. Since stat moves give a percentual boost, it'll still give you the same effect, regardless of stats. If you're more of a tank than an attacker, you'll get more chances to use moves, although every move will be worth less, than if you had more attack.

But since butterfly dance doesn't care about atk, it's better to be bulky and use butterfly dance on those extra turns.

252 hp, 252 spD and 4 speed would be great. The ideal situation would be to come in on a kinda slow special attacker (you want to be faster so you can get the spD boost before they attack). They'll probably underestimate the special bulk or urugamosu, and attack, giving you free butterfly dances. 2 dances wouldn't be hard to pull off, making you more or less invincible to special attacks. You'll outspeed everything, and compared to the offensive version, you'll probably be able to get another butterfly dance off, making you stronger offensively too.

It's just like calm mind drifblim/bronzong. Bulk is better for setting up than offense.

Ooh this thing is pretty epic ^.^
But sadly most people are too lazy to spin so it'l probably end up BL (Shits far too broken for UU).I could always be wrong because we still dont kno shit about 5th gen.

Seems to be quite a solid poke with a good speed and Offensive Stab and that butterfly dance is also really cool.Will deffinetly try it =P

For some reason I have no interest in this pokemon, not because of its typing, I just don't like it. I'm sure he will have his showing in this new generation though.

HUH ? UU or BL ? No way .
I always thought this pokemon was kind of over powered due to its move sets .

Butterfly Dance - You get to outspeed alot of people .
Fire Dance - The more you dance , the more powerful it gets !
Bug Buzz - The strongest Bug Stab this pokemon could get ... Works with Swarm . And after so much boosting from Fire Dance and Butterfly Dance , Bug Buzz could be this little guy's most powerful attack .
Hidden Power Ground - Covers Heatran and anything that resist Fire/Ground except Dragon .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)