Volcarona

HUH ? UU or BL ? No way .
I always thought this pokemon was kind of over powered due to its move sets .

Butterfly Dance - You get to outspeed alot of people .
Fire Dance - The more you dance , the more powerful it gets !
Bug Buzz - The strongest Bug Stab this pokemon could get ... Works with Swarm . And after so much boosting from Fire Dance and Butterfly Dance , Bug Buzz could be this little guy's most powerful attack .
Hidden Power Ground - Covers Heatran and anything that resist Fire/Ground except Dragon .
Yes its offenses are great, and it has access to such a great support move, however its typing leaves a lot to be desired (especially with Stealth Rock which would remove 50% of its HP upon entry).

However, its difficult to say where this one will end up after all people did manage to make Moltres and Ho-oh work so there is a great chance for this one to still be used - though like the other two it will need rapid spin support.

If Yanmega doesn't stay in UU with 4x SR weakness I can't think this thing will do worse.
But this thing is freaking powerful and has 2 good stab. Whats yawnmega got? Bugbuzz and what? Air Slash? Ooo how terrifying! Then it has to resort to hidden power! If ANYTHING has to resort to HP its not a good sign at all.

This thing is OU material gents!

Perhaps we can make SR work with it and help it activate swarm... Switch in on a bug move? Luckily SR isn't an issue with my neighbors and close friends cuz we just ban it. Absolutely all sick of it.

@Bombkirby: Murkglow means to say he/she thinks Urugamosu > Yanmega.
Which is a rather odd comparison since those two will be capable of doing completely different things.

I just ment that 4x weak to rock is not an instant ticket to UU/BL and I used Yan because it's an example of a 4x rising out of UU.

Not that I disagree that Urgamoth is OU material, but Bombkirby, it also has to resort to Hidden Power to acquire full coverage, lol.

I can see him being possibly useful in Double Battles too, with Rage Powder (Come on, hthere's no way the actual name is "Power Rage") acting like Follow Me. Combine that with Flame Body and some healing support and he could indirectly burn the enemy team while his partner can fight unmolested.

But this thing is freaking powerful and has 2 good stab. Whats yawnmega got? Bugbuzz and what? Air Slash? Ooo how terrifying! Then it has to resort to hidden power! If ANYTHING has to resort to HP its not a good sign at all.

This thing is OU material gents!

Perhaps we can make SR work with it and help it activate swarm... Switch in on a bug move? Luckily SR isn't an issue with my neighbors and close friends cuz we just ban it. Absolutely all sick of it.
Yeah, I think most posters can see it is an OU pokemon but the Stealth Rock weakness severely impairs it. It does not make it unusable but it does take away a lot from using it from the off.

I think we all will have to wait until how Stealth Rock will affect this generation to have a much clearer look of where this pokemon will end up.

I don't think it is, actually (Retarded, not Butterfly Dance.). And if it is "broken", then you should use it, no?
It is on just about every other forum on the internet. I don't see how Smogon University should be any different.

You should really pay attention more.

If Yanmega doesn't stay in UU with 4x SR weakness I can't think this thing will do worse.
Yanmega is in the Borderline tier. lol

Urugamosu is Yanmega but a lot better, and since Yanmega's already not terrible, I honestly see it being devestating.

I can honestly understand noticing that this Pokemon takes signifigant damage to Stealth Rock, but you guys are being a little ridiculolus about that, don't you think?

Not that I disagree that Urgamoth is OU material, but Bombkirby, it also has to resort to Hidden Power to acquire full coverage, lol.
I don't see the problem in that. Lots of Pokemon use Hidden Power as their fourth coverage move.

It is on just about every other forum on the internet. I don't see how Smogon University should be any different.

You should really pay attention more.
I'm sorry, but you are confusing me. I don't understand your point.

Initially, you stated that Butterfly Dance was extremely powerful.

You then make a point of people overdiscussing Butterfly Dance (which this thread itself does not overcaptalize on IMO).

While somewhat related, this is not always the case and is an assumption.

And then you say that Smogon does the same thing (have a bunch of forums about Butterfly Dance)

All of which I cannot see a relation to paying attention, even less so as to what I am supposed to be paying attention to. Unless you made a previous post I missed.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This thing really should be running HP Water instead of HP Ground, otherwise Shandera (Ghost/Fire) may give it a good deal of bother...

Don't want to go off-topic but I gotta defend one of my favorites here. Yanmega has one of the best abilities in the game, tinted lens. Without any setup, his specs bug buzz deals around 70% to basically everyone, and outspeeds many. And with tinted lens, it's impossible to switch into, since anyone not called heatran/skarmory/lucario/blissey will lose over 50% of their life just by switching in. He can then finish most of them off. Because of tinted lens, he can use choice specs without penalty.

If you succeed in baton passing a nasty plot to a scarf yanmega you've basically won the match.

On topic:
The thing which makes urugamosu so great imo, except it's amazing movepool (especially if fire dance does have a 100% chance to raise spA) is that unlike many set-uppers (crawdaunt, weavile, scyther for example) it has great bulk too, especially when EVed, so it has more chances to set up.

I think Urugamosu is going to be one of those pokemon that uses a bit of an odd EV spread best. Given the fact that its got a move that boosts 3 of its stats, I would suggest a nature boost in SpA or perhaps speed, but perhaps a more bulky EV spread.

Because once it gets a BD or two off its going to be hard to stop, so its all about EVing it to survive whatever it needs to in order to get that boost. the standard 252/252 sweeper spread could actually really limit Urugamosu, IMO.

I've honestly never heard it used as such. To mean dumb, or slow, yess, but not overpowered. It goes against all other connotations of the word
Well, not exactly "overpowered". Like, have you ever heard someone say that something is so good that it's stupid? "Speed Boost on Blaziken is just stupid." It's kind of the same thing.

"Butterfly Dance is so good." >>> "Butterfly Dance is so good it's broken." >>> "Butterfly Dance is so broken that it's retarded." >>> "Butterfly Dance is just retarded."

Make sense now?

This poke is probably my favorite out of gen 5 that I've seen so far. So powerful, yet seeeeeeemingly balanced.

Anyways, I think hp rock is the best option since that kill shanderaa, gyarados, dragonite, sally, arcanine, etc.. with ease. Who cares about heatran? I mean what's it going to do to you with a bfly dance under your belt besides explode? Oh that's right get 2hko'ed by hp rock. TTar? Bbuzz annhilates him. All garchomp? 1hko'ed by +1 LO bug buzz.

People say this guy gets killed by priority, but his defenses are better than tons of sweepers out there and his typing is great against most priority.

People say this guy gets killed by priority, but his defenses are better than tons of sweepers out there and his typing is great against most priority.
Besides aqua get and extremespeed i wonder which priority they can eb talking about. Ice shard, mach punch and bullet punch are not very efefctive.

I'm sorry, but you are confusing me. I don't understand your point.

Initially, you stated that Butterfly Dance was extremely powerful.

You then make a point of people overdiscussing Butterfly Dance (which this thread itself does not overcaptalize on IMO).

While somewhat related, this is not always the case and is an assumption.

And then you say that Smogon does the same thing (have a bunch of forums about Butterfly Dance)

All of which I cannot see a relation to paying attention, even less so as to what I am supposed to be paying attention to. Unless you made a previous post I missed.
Maybe I wrote it in a confusing manner, but when I meant over discussing, I meant Urugamosu's glaring Stealth Rock weakness and how that apparently hinders it. It is a problem, as unanimously noted as it is, but not so much to the point where Urugamosu won't be absolutely monstrous when executed correctly, and if all you are hiding behind is your Stealth Rocks, I can't wait to see this thing kill at least four of your Pokemon every match.

Paying attention more was referring to my post about the slang connotation of the word retarded. Perhaps that user doesn't visit other forums, Pokemon related or otherwise.

Well, not exactly "overpowered". Like, have you ever heard someone say that something is so good that it's stupid? "Speed Boost on Blaziken is just stupid." It's kind of the same thing.

"Butterfly Dance is so good." >>> "Butterfly Dance is so good it's broken." >>> "Butterfly Dance is so broken that it's retarded." >>> "Butterfly Dance is just retarded."

Make sense now?
Thank you.

Besides aqua get and extremespeed i wonder which priority they can eb talking about. Ice shard, mach punch and bullet punch are not very efefctive.
I could see Aqua Jet being a nice answer to this Pokemon, especially with Urugamosu typically only having 40% of its hit points at that point (Stealth Rock, then 10% from Life Orb after it just decimated something of it's opponents). Maybe Extremespeed, if it was on a +2 Attack Lucario or something.

This thing really should be running HP Water instead of HP Ground, otherwise Shandera (Ghost/Fire) may give it a good deal of bother...
If it runs the Bug Buzz, Fire dance/Flamethrower and HP Ground then Charizard and Moltres will resist it and both learn a rock move. HP Water could be a good idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)