Want to see your Original sprites on the X-Box Live Arcade?

I know what you're talking about, I realized this today leaving school. I jumped right on to fix it, I'll just submit it in then when I've finished the side views also. It shouldn't be a problem, depending on how motivated I am it should all be done by Saturday at the latest.

Ha ha ha, sounds good! Looking forward to seeing the whole set!

EDIT: As I am thinking about it we may actually need two side views for this guy. On most creatures it may not matter but this guy would look different depending on which side you are looking at because of his pose. So if you could whip up both a left and right view that would be awesome. Thanks for the help!

Haha I almost forgot that I got the adult earth lion sprite done a long time ago. I remember now that I wanted to post it, but this thread was dead, so I never uploaded the sprite. :p

So yeah, here it is. As always you guys got the end decision. It turned out well, I think.

Haha I almost forgot that I got the adult earth lion sprite done a long time ago. I remember now that I wanted to post it, but this thread was dead, so I never uploaded the sprite. :p

So yeah, here it is. As always you guys got the end decision. It turned out well, I think.
Well hey! This guy is pretty cool! I think I like the guy on the right the best. I REALLY like the idea of the wooden fangs from the left but in practice I do not think it looks quite as good.

A couple of minor things would be cool to see, and one of you guys who wanted to just do QC work can even tackle it, would be to have the ears visible and to bring the back front leg out so it was more visible. Other than that I love it!

Thanks dude! :D

Im not pursuing a career in art, im not in college, im working as a porter for a meat department at a local grocery store. Im currently 20 and still live with my parents. Yup, im that guy.

Fire Rat

Fire Goat

Fire Armadillo Lizard

That one thing

Fire Phoenix

Fire Pistol Shrimp

and for your veiwing pleasure, A failed fire Yvern turned shadow

Nice dude!!! I love waking up to huge updates!

Heh, I was THAT guy for awhile too. You have some serious talent though. You could easily succeed in a Computer Graphics program. What state are you in?

I really like all of these, especially since most of them are just your rendition of the concepts we already have without losing the essence of the original. I think we would need to do some minor QC on one or two (The pistol shrimp look awesome but might need a recolor to not be confused with a water creature) but other than that I love them.

I especially like your 'failed' fire Wyvern. Very cool looking. We will definitely find somewhere to stick this guy.

Thanks dude! Keep up the good work!

Energy! You are back!!! :D Good to see you, old friend!

That is a great little sprite! My only concern would be just that it may be TOO little. When I get home I will place it in the encyclopedia and see how it looks with everyone else. Thanks for joining back up though dude!

You are a busy man! Those look GREAT! I have updated the Encyclopedia. Thanks for all the hard work, dude!

How's everyone else doing?

I know the ice lizard is an interesting idea, but lizards are cold blooded and so they would be at an extreme disadvantage. Same with the wyrms. Can I design something different for those guys? like...a windigo or something?

also that sprite of the whale is like...perfect, it flows with the baby much better now

COLD blooded? An ICE Reptile? Sounds kind of perfect to me! lol.

But seriously. If you want to re-imagine one I think we could probably replace the Ice Serpent. We have the Electric Snake so that animal is technically covered already. An Wendingo/Yeti like creature was on the original list of 9 for this type so that works out fine if you have a cool idea.

I kind of really like the Ice Lizard though. So I am going to say that one has to stay. Thanks, dude!

COLD blooded? An ICE Reptile? Sounds kind of perfect to me! lol.

But seriously. If you want to re-imagine one I think we could probably replace the Ice Serpent. We have the Electric Snake so that animal is technically covered already. An Wendingo/Yeti like creature was on the original list of 9 for this type so that works out fine if you have a cool idea.

I kind of really like the Ice Lizard though. So I am going to say that one has to stay. Thanks, dude!
Why the Ice worm? You can also replace the electric snake..
Snow worms where on the list. You knew from the beginning that these two creatures, ice worm and electric snake, were sort of 'double' in the encyclopedia. So if you didn't want that, then you shouldn't have put in on the list in the first place.
Second, worms and snakes aren't the same. Snakes are reptiles, worms are invertebates. I don't bother that they have the same body structure. They are completely different in each way.
Third. What do you think of the snake-like legend/epic.. let's replace that too!! And we have a fire lizard and a ice lizard. I hear nobody complaining about that.

Jon, this isn't necessary. Ofcourse there are creatures that have simmularities, but that doesn't mean that you have to replace half of the encyclopedia. Don't forget people put their time and effort in the sprites.

Sorry for the bracking, but i just don't see why we have this sudden change of plans. We decided which sprites needed QC or Revamp. Then let's fix those up, and leave the good sprites as good as they are.
Don't get me wrong. Doran is doing a great job with the art, but let's focus on the sprites that do need to change and not on the ones that are good or have a good concept. If we keep changing sprites, then we only have more work and then this project will never get finished!

Hey guys, sorry for the delay, almost have the overworld sprites for both electric snakes done. I'm gonna release it all at once, possibly with even more overworld sprites. As for the concepts and making of new sprites, I agree with Dhjona, there's no need to add new concepts except in the metal category where it isn't complete. I think focus should switch to finish the metal category before even continuing QC of other sprites to be completely honest. Just to clarify, you want the snakes' tails to switch sides based on which way it is facing, right?

You guys both raise a very good point and, upon actually thinking on it for a moment, I think you guys are absolutely right. I know that your motivations are coming from a very different place (Dhjona, if I remember correctly you made the Ice Serpents/Worms, didn't you?) but the point is well taken. Our resources are limited and we should focus on those sprites that need help. Too much blood, sweat and tears went into the sprites we already have to throw out perfectly good ones.

SO we can get imaginative with the concepts that are marked red/yellow but good sprites are off limits. I will update the encyclopedia to make sure the frames are up-to-date so everyone knows whats what.

Wanted QC before I continue on with other sprites so I can go back and edit/change what I need to
Juvenile dimensions are kind of limiting, but I think it works

Wanted QC before I continue on with other sprites so I can go back and edit/change what I need to
Juvenile dimensions are kind of limiting, but I think it works
Hmm... I am sorry to say that I do not think these really work. I think that the pose is the real issue. It makes the different perspectives real difficult to replicate.

I took a gander at what Pokemon did with their Snake-like creatures in the OW, just to see what they had chosen to do, and I think they had the right idea. So maybe you can draw some inspiration from the images below. It might make things easier on you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)