Warubiaru

I just like to point out this vid, showing what happens when a choice scarf Kaminagator starts getting "over-confident":http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0aHjk_ZQ9k

Towards the end of the vid is when kaminagator made an incredible sweep, and litterly tipping the favor into the users favor even though it seemed like he was going to lose. So yea, this thing is beast.

I just like to point out this vid, showing what happens when a choice scarf Kaminagator starts getting "over-confident":http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0aHjk_ZQ9k

Towards the end of the vid is when kaminagator made an incredible sweep, and litterly tipping the favor into the users favor even though it seemed like he was going to lose. So yea, this thing is beast.
Well, that kids team (the one who lost) is horribly weak to Earthquake in the first place, so I'm not really surprised (him sounding like a pretentious prick at the beginning made it all the more lawl-worthy).

That's the biggest difference between him and ScarfTar: Stone Edge vs. Earthquake. Tyranitar's Stone Edge is resisted, but nothing is immune. Earthquake has a LOT of immune Pokemon to worry about.

Well, that kids team (the one who lost) is horribly weak to Earthquake in the first place, so I'm not really surprised (him sounding like a pretentious prick at the beginning made it all the more lawl-worthy).

That's the biggest difference between him and ScarfTar: Stone Edge vs. Earthquake. Tyranitar's Stone Edge is resisted, but nothing is immune. Earthquake has a LOT of immune Pokemon to worry about.
Haha, yea. It was horribly weak to EQ, and I was glad that it swept the crap out of him with it.

Either way, it's a nice way to show what it can do as long as it gets the OC boost, and is locked in a decent move. The quickest way to deal with that locked EQ problem was as you mentioned, immunity.

@Sub-Zero- xD. When I went searching for B/W vids on youtube, and found this, I figured it'd be nice to show off Kaminagator.

I'd just like to point out that the move M492 appears to be called 'Trickery', and it does more damage to Fighting-type Pokémon.

Like Vo0 said, his defenses look a bit weak. But he has some things that set him apart from T-Tar, and I think he could be very effective when paired with Shanderaa (like Wishy said).

Anyway, I like the sets, good stuff :D

too bad this thing can't use MountainStorm or the other 100% crit move combined with anger point, since its weak to both of them

I'd just like to point out that the move M492 appears to be called 'Trickery', and it does more damage to Fighting-type Pokémon.

Like Vo0 said, his defenses look a bit weak. But he has some things that set him apart from T-Tar, and I think he could be very effective when paired with Shanderaa (like Wishy said).

Anyway, I like the sets, good stuff :D
Trickery deals more damage the higher the foe's Attack is, but it starts from 95 BP.

too bad this thing can't use MountainStorm or the other 100% crit move combined with anger point, since its weak to both of them
Well, you can still activate it with substitute in doubles or triples at least. Besides, he has two other amazing abilities most Pokemon would kill to have access to.

Anyway, despite the cartoonish design dissapointing my hopes for a badass quadrupedal meguroko evo, this guy is looking pretty promising competitively, with that great dual STAB and two amazing abilities.

I agree that a scarf set with adamant plays to his strengths very well and could easily clean up late game with either STAB move. In comparison to Scarf Tyranitar, he has:
Higher Speed
Electric Immunity (T-wave)
Arrogance, to help Sweep
STAB Earthquake over STAB Stone Edge

He's much frailer of course, but I think his advantages are quite good enough to distinguish him from Tyranitar. I also like the sound of that purely offensive life orb set with Earthquake/Crunch/Stone Edge/Pursuit, letting him pursuit something for a boost and possibly sweep lategame or against slower teams.

Damn, This guy's extremely good. Just a Question while on the point of New Pokemon: Because there are so many new, and O/P Pokemon, will the old O/U and U Become U/U type? Or something along those lines..

Damn, This guy's extremely good. Just a Question while on the point of New Pokemon: Because there are so many new, and O/P Pokemon, will the old O/U and U Becomes U/U type? or something along those lines..
We'll have to see.

There's a good chance that a large portion of OU will be made up of new Pokemon, like in Gen IV. However, many Pokemon from previous generations have also gotten much more powerful, so it could go either way.

We'll have to see.

There's a good chance that a large portion of OU will be made up of new Pokemon, like in Gen IV. However, many Pokemon from previous generations have also gotten much more powerful, so it could go either way.
That's very true. I Guess I'll start playing the "Waiting Game" as of now. :P

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Runnning this guy on a non-Sandstorm team is rather viable, since he can check quite a few Pokemon, most importantly Lucario and Doryuuzu, 2 big threats on Sandstorm teams.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
It's a shame this thing didn't get Rock Polish, with Earthquake Spiral that set would be monstrous.

Oh well. He's still a beast.

He's made to be a scarf avenger... and substitute attacker. It's not cursed by its speed and has great offensive typing. It has the potential to be OU is what I think.

Trickery deals more damage the higher the foe's Attack is, but it starts from 95 BP.
Where did you get that info? Veekun seems to disagree.

EDIT: Hmm... Serebii agrees though. I'll go with Serebii on this one, simply because it's called 'Trickery'.

i dont see how this is better than scarfcross or dddos
Faster and better STABs than Heracross for one. Ghosts don't completely shut him down.

He's totally different from Gyarados, really shouldn't even be mentioned IMO.

The Scarf set mentioned above seems ideal to me, it's the one I run, except I maxed speed EVs. It's fun bringing him out late game to clean up with either EQ or SE once you know what your opponents team is weak to.

i dont see how this is better than scarfcross or dddos
I can see how he'd be compared to TTar, but how on Earth do you say he's worse than Heracross or Gyarados? The only thing they have in common is mediocre speed and good attack. For God's sake, they don't even have a common type among them.

I can see how he'd be compared to TTar, but how on Earth do you say he's worse than Heracross or Gyarados? The only thing they have in common is mediocre speed and good attack. For God's sake, they don't even have a common type among them.
intimidate

as for heracross...i don't know

As many have said, Choice Scarf + EQ Spiral is gonna kick ass. Can't wait to rape some teams with that big ol' penis-shaped head.

shouldnt trickery be ran over crunch? it has 95 base power which increases the stronger your enemy is, which would help against the new slow but high attack pokemon.

i'm assuming he's comparing them because they all have earthquakespiral/overconfidence. so they all do have a common ability. heracross IMO isn't as good with a scarf, but it will be better at boosting because of swords dance. gyara has DD, which with overconfidence is scary. the thing is, i imagine this guy will be harder to kill than gyara, and hera isn't as useful. just my opinion.

also, why has the nickname Termigator not been suggested by anyone? it's definitely fitting...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)