What UU pokemon are least common BUT have potential?

Some other additions;

Cacturne: Crazy attack stats, Nasty Plot, Swords Dance. Decent Stab attacks, full compliment of support moves which i cant make use of. Let down by its speed (sucker punch helps). A scarfed Cacturne could do some damage.

Gardevoir: similar to lickilicky in its amazing movepool though not in its general
bulkiness. Still a SpA not to be underestimated, reasonable speed and taunt (if you wish, pun intended, to use it as a lead)

Zangoose: seen to be outclassed by tauros, kangashkhan but the goose can run a SD set. With speed to equal to that which pZ used to terrorise us all with. An excellent movepool and a reasonable ability that lets him get some free switches.

The last three were quite theorymon, Gardevoir being the only one ive used much. I think im pretty much cleaned out now, gutted Thund beat me to it =(

EDIT: i dont play much NU so i dont feel qualified to answer your question DM616. i usually use NU in UU

Alright, and it's fine :3 I can wait for someone to answer or message Thund since he seems to know a whole lot in the UU/NU field.

Thanks again! :3

EDIT: i dont play much NU so i dont feel qualified to answer your question DM616. i usually use NU in UU
I'm on the same boat as him. =(

But if you're planning on using that in UU, adding a spinner wouldn't be a bad choice. I'd say Hitmontop or Claydol because they give you a Rock resist.

Well isn't it bad to mix UU/NU do to having a serious disadvantage?

Well if I'll mix I'll change some things around...but isn't it a waste to have 4 NU and then 2 UU?

Lickilicky
Kangaskhan
Jumpluff
Charizard/Magmortar
Ninetails
???

If I keep the above, which I doubt would work anyways, what would the sixth be? You said I should receive a spinner...:

Sandslash
Torkoal
Hitmanchan
Armaldo

Well isn't it bad to mix UU/NU do to having a serious disadvantage?

Well if I'll mix I'll change some things around...but isn't it a waste to have 4 NU and then 2 UU?

Lickilicky
Kangaskhan
Jumpluff
Charizard/Magmortar
Ninetails
???

If I keep the above, which I doubt would work anyways, what would the sixth be? You said I should receive a spinner...will look around
Not necessarily, i've made teams with 3 NU's and they've gotten me pretty far on the ladder. You just need experience. Make a team and get on the ladder and battle. Then you can keep tweaking till you feel that you can't anymore. By you stating in your first post in the thread that you want to get into it, i'm assuming you're probably completely new to it, so the best way to learn is to get in there and make yourself acquainted to the metagame and pokes!

And if you see one of us on the server, you can ask politely for help the worst thing that can happen is we say no.

LO Magmortar, SubPunch Kangaskawn, Standard Jumpluff, and CB Hitmonlee. All sets are self-explanitory. Jumpluff has been popping up lately, more so then ever. Which is great, it a superb support Pokemon. It is just unfortunate that any time I use it the opposing Venusaur has Sludge Bomb.

Lickilicky, Ninetails, Magneton, and Lapras on the other hand are hardly worth mentioning as usuable.

Lickilicky has never done jack shit for me or any of my opponents. He will get off a Heal Bell and maybe a Wish but, never really accomplishes anything.

Moltres, Arcanine, Magmortar, and Houndoom all outclass Ninetails in thier own ways. Sure Nasty Plot + Hypnosis is great... but not really.

Magneton is alright to trap Registeel... if you don't get paralyzed, S-Tossed, or Eq'd to death.

Generally speaking, DD Lapras is incredibly underwelming and can't KO anything.

Weezing has been treating me OK but, last night I lost a 1vs1 match against Venusaur in 3 consectutive battles... Note to all... Use Will-O-Wisp over Haze...

LO Magmortar, SubPunch Kangaskawn, Standard Jumpluff, and CB Hitmonlee. All sets are self-explanitory.
Agree
Lickilicky, Ninetails, Magneton, and Lapras on the other hand are hardly worth mentioning as usuable.
Agree with Lapras, Magneton has done me good in the past but not really useable atm.
Lickilicky has served me well across several metagames; i think people try to do too much with a set (trying to fit wish/protect/heal bell doesnt work for me)
Ninetales does have higher speed and get energy ball (and grudge, i say begrudgingly) which have got to count for something.
Weezing has been treating me OK
Agreed.

Just my opinions, im by no means the oracle.

LO Magmortar, SubPunch Kangaskawn, Standard Jumpluff, and CB Hitmonlee. All sets are self-explanitory. Jumpluff has been popping up lately, more so then ever. Which is great, it a superb support Pokemon. It is just unfortunate that any time I use it the opposing Venusaur has Sludge Bomb.

Lickilicky has never done jack shit for me or any of my opponents. He will get off a Heal Bell and maybe a Wish but, never really accomplishes anything.

Moltres, Arcanine, Magmortar, and Houndoom all outclass Ninetails in thier own ways. Sure Nasty Plot + Hypnosis is great... but not really.

Magneton is alright to trap Registeel... if you don't get paralyzed, S-Tossed, or Eq'd to death.

Generally speaking, DD Lapras is incredibly underwelming and can't KO anything.

Weezing has been treating me OK but, last night I lost a 1vs1 match against Venusaur in 3 consectutive battles... Note to all... Use Will-O-Wisp over Haze...
Have you tried actually using them? Because I have extensively and they are perfectly usable.

Lickilicky has served me well across several metagames; i think people try to do too much with a set (trying to fit wish/protect/heal bell doesnt work for me)
This could very well be my problem. I'll have to look into him again.

Yeah, I've used them or have seen other people using them. I suppose I worded it wrong. They are usable but I felt that it was difficult to get them in and/ or setup. I mean, I've lost a couple of times to Ninetails due to a seemingly 100% Hypnosis rate.

I should clarify that when I test a Pokemon I basically through a team of 6 together and see who stands out. LO Magmortar for example can be tossed onto any team and still wreck stuff as soon as he gets a switch-in. Lapras on the other hand is not as easy to get in. With weaknesses to Grass, Rock, Fighting, and Electric; you are basically susceptible to ANY Pokemon in the current UU game. If they aren't carrying a SE attack they will surely have a status. Lets not forget that Lapras NEEDs to setup in order to really accomplish anything. This applies to the other Pokemon I listed, Magneton and Ninetails. I feel like I'm stating the obvious so I'll cut it off here.

Another underrated Pokemon I used last meta was Luxray (Lead). A lot of people seem to forget that he has access to Superpower and that has cost people 2-3 Pokemon a match. Having the ability, Intimidate, is just icing on the cake.

CB kangaskhan its a total monster ive found, even registeel who x2 resists it takes a solid 21.4% - 25.3% from a return (standerd UU tank Ev's) which is a huge amount and when registeel gone it can punch massive holes in opposing teams and can single make a real mess of a stall team on its on

Other notable damage cals

47.9% - 56.6% on standerd donphan (allways 2kho with SR)
49.7% - 58.6% on max max tomb (allways 2hko with SR)
47.3% - 55.7% on defencive milotic (2hko with SR)

On 3 out of 4 of the main walls in UU it can 2kho them with CB scrappy STAB return along with a very respectable base 90 speed,not to mention its not all that difficult to trap and Ko registeel with a dugtrio, CB duggy vs standerd registeel EQ 74.7% - 89% (after SR and return from kanga thats a okho) as most will try thunderwave you as you switch.

Now having said all that tommrow i so need to make a team around CB kanga para + SR/spikes **walks off planning**

I think it was the Yanmega(?) phase where CB Kanga was all the rage. Kanga in general is a great pokemon but just gets crowded out by others.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Raichu.

He's juuuuust right in the current UU metagame. His secret? Versatility.
He can run purely special, physical or even mixed.

Hell he can even work as wish support.

Raichu is simply awesome.

Quagsire is really underrated imo. So is Licklicky. Jumpluff is amazing, and Mantine can be effective if used in conjuction with a Fire-type. The list goes on and on. I also like to use Politoed for more Water Absorb fun. P2 is fun as well and rather effective.

Raichu.

He's juuuuust right in the current UU metagame. His secret? Versatility.
He can run purely special, physical or even mixed.

Hell he can even work as wish support.

Raichu is simply awesome.
Speaking of things outclassed by Raikou... (I said for the sole fact that I knew it would piss you off. I realize that Raichu has its own niche.)

Anyway, I was going to say Manectric. While all of its stats are worse than Raikou's, and it can't run a Calm Mind set, but everyone know it gets the wonderful move called Switcheroo. And also unlike Raikou, it actually has a somewhat decent movepool, and when these things are combined, it can run a Choice set much better than Raikou. I would prefer Specs over Scarf personally.

Baton Pass Leafeon is underused and underrated. Solid attack, great defense, high speed, access to 2 healing moves (Wish or Synthesis), Swords Dance (for passing), and a strong STAB in Leaf Blade that can sweep in it's own right.

Sweet, lots of suggestions and ideas, so I put this together :3

*this is for HG/SS btw*

Knock Off Lickilicky
252 HP/ 184 ATK/ 72 DEF: Brave
-Knock Off
-Body Slam
-Explosion
-Toxic

SubPunch Kangaskhan
212 HP/ 82 ATK/ 216 SPE: Adamant
-Sub
-Focus Punch
-Sucker Punch
-Return

Double Powder Jumpluff
252 HP/ 4 ATK/ 252 SPE: Jolly
-Sleep Powder
-Stun Spore
-Encore
-U-turn

LifeOrb Magmortar @ Life Orb
4 DEF/ 252 SPA/ 252 SPE: Naive
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Grass
-Earthquake

Support Gardevoir
252 HP /48 SpA /176 SpD /32 Spe
-Will o Wisp
-Wish
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt

Now I can't think of a 6th, I was thinking either Manetric for sweeping or something, or maybe I'll just try and mess around with a random poke.

I know this is probably bad, near awful (or even if), and I'll just take any criticism thrown at me :3

reyscarface and other I'm sure will agree with me when I say that Curse Miltank is a beast of a Pokemon. Actually, Miltank is just great in general. A small bit bulkier than Kangaskhan along with 10 more base speed but drops 15 base attack, while also having access to Thick Fat to counter those pesky Moltres.

Scrappy is what really makes it great though. Curse/Body Slam/Milk Drink/Heal Bell can really eat up a lot of the metagame. Earlier I also tried a CB Miltank who did quite well - the extra 10 base speed lets it beat Moltres, Rotom, Houndoom, and the other base 95s with a strong STAB Body Slam that comes with a nice chance of paralysis.

The only other poke I have to suggest is Cradily. Oh Cradily. Don't screw with Cradily.

edit: Shedinja.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
4 DEF/ 252 SPA/ 252 SPE: Naive
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Grass
-Earthquake
Cross Chop should go over EQ to take out Chansey IMO (It 2HKOs I think).

SubPunch Kangaskhan
252 HP/ 252 ATK/ 4 SPE: Adamant or 40 Hp 252 ATK 216: Jolly
-Sub
-Focus Punch
-Sucker Punch
-Return

Max attack, otherwise you'll only be hurting frail sweepers and outrunning nothing.

4 Atk/ 252 SPA/ 252 SPE: Naive
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Grass
-Cross Chop

Cross Chop 2HKO's Chansey

LeafNine is the hell of a combo as well.
Gonna take credit for that one a couple tests ago <_<

I did Leafeon with a Dual Screen Mr. Mime lead (for Yanmega) and Arcanine, Hitmonlee, and Bibarel as recipients. Regirock as glue (and sometimes recipient).

In today's meta, Uxie would do Screens better, Arcanine with Flash Fire is still amazing, but I'd also probably add RP Rhyperior as a recipient (+2 Atk and +2 Spe = gfg).

Edit: Or RP Aggron...dear lord a +2 Aggron...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)