What UU pokemon are least common BUT have potential?

So I might just go back to my roots and go with an NU balanced team for UU:

Seeing there is a bit of talk about Cacturne, the cactus-funny looking guy <_< Is Sandstorm an essential move to use? Because of it's sand veil?
Absolutely, but you're best off setting up perma-sand with Hippopotas, rather than actually using Sandstorm, the move.

Cacturne is essentially made of paper, and Sand Veil + Substitute is what makes it somewhat of a pain to take down.

Seeing that Alakazam is the reason why Espeon is NU now...

Alakazam is a frailer, faster, slightly stronger Espeon with Focus Blast, Taunt and Encore, but no Baton Pass.
Basically that's all the differences about Alakazam and Espeon. So people use the best one... Alakazam it is.

Really: if you want to use Espeon, use Baton Pass.
I do use Baton Pass :)

And Espeon has just a little more bulk if that counts for anything :P

Yuggles

hey that second guy isn't too bad
It's ok to use a 'cool' Pokemon as long as its not outclassed...unfortunately, Espeon is the definition of outclassed.

I know this may be a stupid question but can you use NFE pokemon in ANY tier? Hippotas is this example, as his/her's evolution in OU (I think).

And then do I just hippo as a lead then bring in Cacturne...right? I love the strategy in this game lol.

Maybe I'll go with an NU/UU Sandstorm team.

Hippopotas@Focus Sash
Sand Stream/Relaxed
252 HP / 164 Attack / 92 Defense

-Stealth Rock
-Toxic
-Yawn
-Roar

Cacturne@Focus Sash <--Pretty much ED Cact.
Sand Veil/Adament
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Defense

-Subsitute
-Swords Dance
-Sucker Punch
-NeedleArm/Focus Punch(???)

This is what I have so far >_> yes/no/what to change or fix etc :3? Thank you.

Get rid of Focus Sash since you will be using Sub and entry hazards are easy to set up on Hippo. Change it to Bright Powder for more annoyance. I would recommend Focus Punch over Needle Arm since it packs a lot of power and otherwise you would be walled by Steels

NFEs can be used in any tier. Some are used a lot in UU because their big brothers are OU. These Pokemon include Scyther, Chansey, Hippopotas, Dusclops, and others.

Don't use Brightpowder on Hippopotas. Use Leftovers. And try reading the guides and analyses before asking us for help; you should try to make a team by yourself.

Alright, well people can still post suggestions for poke that go well with Cacturne/Sandstorm/Hippo dude but for now I'm going to get more in-depth and then post a team when I'm done.

Once you make your team, try to make a RMT and post it in the RMT section. In case you don't know, RMT stands for Rate My Team. Make sure to read the RMT rules before posting it.

Yep, Ever since I've posted I've been reading up, and this is just a lot to take in. I've got 4 pokes total...probably expected but whatever, once I figure out two more, I will probably post him here as it will not be RMT-worthy, it will just be way too noobish for anyone to bother with.

EDIT: Alright, I have 5 pokemon, I only have 5 because of my weaknesses, so hopefully the last spot will counteract those weaknesses. Please, don't flame me, I'm trying as hard as I can to put a team together and if I really must, I will move it to RMT (I fear it is too noobish). I am looking for STRONG criticism on this. There are some comments on some poke, and then there are not on others.

Hippopotas@Leftovers
Sand Stream/Relaxed
252 HP / 164 Attack / 92 Defense

-Stealth Rock
-Toxic
-Yawn
-Roar

Hippo sets up perm. sand storm, and first move is Stealth Rock because after Hippo dies, it will damage the next poke a little bit enough for Cacturne to OHKO/2KO. Toxic is similar, helping drain their health. Yawn and Roar combined helps Hippo scout on the other team so I can take a look at what they have.

Cacturne@Bright Powder
Sand Veil/Adamant
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Defense

-Subsitute
-Swords Dance
-Sucker Punch
-Focus Punch

Sandslash@Bright Powder
Sand Veil/Adamant
252 HP / 252 Attack

-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Rapid Spin
-Night Slash

Swords dance and EQ takes care of ghosts. Rapid spin for getting rid of spikes and whatever else was thrown onto me.

Shuckle@Leftovers
Sturdy/Impish
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

-Rest
-Toxic or Bide
-Encore
-Knock-Off

Shuckle's SpD will be increased by the sandstorm, and since his stats are garbage, HP and Def are the way to go with the EVs. Rest for when his HP needs to be healed. I can use Encore so for 4 turns it's pokemon uses the same attack, hopefully something that deals a lot of damage, then use Bide and wait 3 turns. In those 3 turns I use Rest and just keep healing. Knock-off if something is switched in which would screw up their team.

Solrock@Leftovers
Levitate/Impish
252 HP / 140 Defense / 118 Attack
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge
-Rock Slide
-Explosion

I can't believe no one is using Noctowl. It's like the perfect Venusaur counter with Insmonia. It also acts as a decent ghost counter just having to watch out for thunderbolts (which is why I'm using Lanturn, too, to counter Moltres and absorb hits). With Reflect, Venusaur can only dream of hurting Noctowl with a SD Return. It can even put things to sleep which is the best part.

Why the fuck do you have two SR users? Get rid of Solrock, I recommend Curse Cradily, as it is a bitch in sandstorm. Use Toxic on Shuckle. Finally, to get rid of your Ice and Water weakness, you should use a Water-type. I know that it still gets hit by Sandstorm, but give it Lefties and it shouldn't matter too much.

In case of rapid spin on the other team but eh.

I was trying to stick with NU but if I must go UU sandstorm I will.

Toxin on Shuckles, Curse Ladilly, and then a water pokemon. Thanks for the criticism :D

For the water-type, I realized Golduck is immune to Sandstorm because of its Cloud Nine ability, so try him out. He isn't very defensive, but I think it's possible to run a defensive set with a good EV spread.

I know Dusclops is NFE but I've been looking over his move pool and he seems to have great untapped potential as a very bulky spin blocker/ tank, especially in the current metagame where entry hazzards are absolutely rampant. Considering that Dusknoir has only marginally better stats in everything bar Atk and is OU, it seems that Dusclops is extremely viable in UU.

Some of the things that caught my eye were his great 40/130/130 defenses (better than Spiritomb mind you, but without the better typing), Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch to bypass his terrible speed, Payback to take ADVANTAGE of his terrible speed, Seismic Toss to deal consistent damage considering his attack isn't great, Counter, heck, even a Calm Mind- Rest/ Pain Split combo would be viable. He's bulky enough to sustain a few hits while he CM's up, rests or PS's off the damage and then attacks.

I used one a few metagames ago, using the spin blocker set listed for RSE, and it was great Focus Punching Dark and Normals coming in on the switch, wow-ing counters and just generally being a pain in the ass. I totally think he could be more effective.

So, any ideas?

Some of the things that caught my eye were his great 40/130/130 defenses (better than Spiritomb mind you, but without the better typing),
The typing is what makes Spiritomb the better choice. Spiritomb exchanges a bit of defense for not being Pursuit-bait, not having one hard counter due to not having a weakness, gaining two extra immunities, aand getting decent neutral coverage with its two STABs. Not to mention the things it has that aren't related to its typing, like the ability to go either physical or special or a stat-up move in Calm Mind.

I just realized recently (don't laugh -_-) that Magcargo, yes, I repeat, Magcargo, walls quite a couple things in UU that are often used. Not saying its a good poke, but it definitely can murder the daylights out of some pokemon if somehow you can b-pass mean look. Froslass, Scyther, Moltres (unless it has hp ground), Swellow (eh, too bad it usually runs u-turn), and the sets of Venusaur that don't run EQ or HP ground. I'm not sure if other people have seen this before, but i'm guessing this will be unsuccessful in most situations...

I've used Magcargo as a lead it's actually pretty good.

Flame Body
- Lava Plume
- HP Rock
- SR
- Recover

common leads:
Ambipom - Please Fake Out me or U-turn out. Flame Body. Taunt risks a Lava Plume burn. usually a free SR.
Froslass - Lava Plume 2HKOs. 30% burn chance means that Lass is die if it decides to Pain Split spam.
Moltres - resists STABs. min HP Rock OHKOs after LO recoil. free SR.
Uxie - SR for us both

Magcargo counters Arcanine and Moltres well: HP Rock + Recover + resistances (Extremespeed, STABs). The good Flame Body burn chance is a giant F-U to physical attackers (U-turn spammers). I dare you to Waterfall this, Azu. I double dare you. Swellow and Scyther aren't going to crack Magcargo either.

Magcargo definitely has it's cons though. You can't forget the SR weakness. Spikes vulnerability isn't hot. Milotic gets free switches to do whatever it wants. Raikou and Mismagius can set up in its ugly face. Magcargo is super slow. only 80 base SpA.

Overall, Magcargo is a fun Pokemon to use. It can be used to wall some major threats: Moltres, Arcanine, Swellow, Ambipom, etc. It's not bog standard, but it does an oddly great job as a lead.

I just realized recently (don't laugh -_-) that Magcargo, yes, I repeat, Magcargo, walls quite a couple things in UU that are often used. Not saying its a good poke, but it definitely can murder the daylights out of some pokemon if somehow you can b-pass mean look. Froslass, Scyther, Moltres (unless it has hp ground), Swellow (eh, too bad it usually runs u-turn), and the sets of Venusaur that don't run EQ or HP ground. I'm not sure if other people have seen this before, but i'm guessing this will be unsuccessful in most situations...
Anything that resists Ice can wall Froslass. And Magcargo is so slow, it can't prevent another layer of Spikes.

Scyther has Brick Break.

Walls Moltres.

Every single Rock- or Steel-type walls Swellow. Magcargo doesn't have anything over them.

Walls Venusaur sets without Earthquake or HP Ground. Not to mention defensive sets with Leech Seed.

Magcargo has one of the worst defensive typings in the game. It is alike to its source in that it is as slow as a snail. There are plenty of choices that are better than Magcargo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)