What's His Last? (Voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Right then, thank you very much to DEG for breaking the tie. It seems that the winner of this round is Confluxx with their Azelf entry, so congrats to them!
eien: 7
confluxx: 8
Rimz: 1
QT: 1
terrors: 5
SubMindRaikou: 2
SirSkit: 2
6TI: 2
The team for the next round will be posted shortly!

Sobi

Banned deucer.
~ [Week 2] Team

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Foul Play

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
Special thanks to Misaka Mikoto for providing the team for this round. Here is the description they gave me: Pretty much this is balanced Fairy. This is built around annoyance and gaining speed control over other Pokemon. Choice Scarf Togekiss is great for crippling defensive Pokemon with Trick. It also runs coverage moves like Fire Blast to check Steel- and Ice-types. Klefki is great for paralyzing other Pokemon and this helps Serene Grace Togekiss with para-flinching. It also helps sweepers and cleaners in setting up dual screens. Foul Play is for physical attackers trying to set up. Mega Diancie is great as a Flying and Fire (and Steel) check due to having Diamond Storm and Earth Power. Protect can help scout the foe. Azumarill is the physical wallbreaker of the team. With support from Klefki's dual screens and Thunder Wave, Azumarill can set up Belly Drum and sweep. Whimsicott is the annoyance for the group. With Prankster and Encore, it can lock Pokemon that are setting up and deplete their health with Leech Seed, providing support for its teammates. Encore can also give Azumarill a free turn to set up Belly Drum. But the question is...

what's their last?

You may now post your ideas n_n

Edit: Forgot to say this, but Misaka is going to be updating the thread for the next few weeks or so because I'm going to be fasting for a month and obviously, there will be barely any time for me to run this. I'll still be online and updating the OP, but I won't be able to close voting and such. Please be good for her! :3c

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Looking at the team there's nothing that gets up hazards and not much bulk to the team so Clefable fits great. Not only does its ability to set up rocks help in breaking sashes and match-ups like Bug and Flying, but it's decent bulk combined with Calm Mind and screen support from Klefki make it very threatening to the foe and a very solid win-con in a lot of situations.

Last edited:
Reserving Gardevoir

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Moonblast

reasoning:
This is a cool set styled on stallbreaker mew that I started trying out recently, and it's pretty effective. The general best Gardevoir is it's scarf set, so this plays up that advantage vs mons like bisharp by forcing them to sucker punch and then dropping a wisp. Moonblast is a stab and has no immunities, so it isn't terrible despite being used by the whole team. With this set, its relatively easy to clean holes so that other mons can sweep, especially considering the unexpected bulk.

Last edited:

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Return
- Drain Punch
- Play Rough

Slurpuff appreciates the Screens provided by Klefki, allowing it to Belly Drum easier. Belly Drum maximizes Slurpuffs Atk investment to huge levels and also lowers Slurpuffs health to the point where Slurpuff consumes its Sitrus Berry, so it heals 1/4th of its HP which activates Unburden. adamant + max attack allows it to hit as hard as possible. In general, Slurpuff is a good physical attacking support for this team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-382550462

Last edited:
Mr Mime @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Mr Mime is a top-tier cleaner...in PU, but he also fits well on this team. His Psychic STAB is a welcome addition against Poison types that otherwise threaten Fairy teams and Focus Blast helps cover Steels. But the real star of this set is Healing Wish, which gives Azu a second chance at pulling off a BD sweep if the first one gets interrupted. Mr Mime normally runs a Scarf in PU, but here he could use a little more oomph so Life Orb is preferred (and he can also piggyback off Klefki spreading Twave for Azu and Togekiss to help patch up his speed).

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground] / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Heal Bell / Psyshock

This team was lacking a solid Special Wallbreaker, so I thought Sylveon would do just the trick! Hyper Voice is a Fantastic STAB that not only has the STAB boost, but is further boosted 1.3x by Pixilate! Shadow Ball is for coverage vs pesky Psychic types that can often cause the team trouble. HP Ground is to hit Fire Types (Heatran especially) Super Effectively, however, if you really feel the need to, HP Fire is also aright to potentially check Scizor. Heal Bell is an emergency remedy to status that anyone on the team may be affected with. Overall, very solid mon, and I think its the perfect fit for this team!

Last edited:

Trichotomy

is a Tiering Contributoris a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
MPL Champion
Mr Mime @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Mr Mime is a top-tier cleaner...in PU, but he also fits well on this team. His Psychic STAB is a welcome addition against Poison types that otherwise threaten Fairy teams and Focus Blast helps cover Steels. But the real star of this set is Healing Wish, which gives Azu a second chance at pulling off a BD sweep if the first one gets interrupted. Mr Mime normally runs a Scarf in PU, but here he could use a little more oomph so Life Orb is preferred (and he can also piggyback off Klefki spreading Twave for Azu and Togekiss to help patch up his speed).
That's just a worse gardevoir lol

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground] / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Heal Bell / Psyshock

This team was lacking a solid Special Wallbreaker, so I thought Sylveon would do just the trick! Hyper Voice is a Fantastic STAB that not only has the STAB boost, but is further boosted 1.3x by Pixilate! Shadow Ball is for coverage vs pesky Psychic types that can often cause the team trouble. HP Ground is to hit Fire Types (Heatran especially) Super Effectively, however, if you really feel the need to, HP Fire is also aright to potentially check Scizor. Heal Bell is an emergency remedy to status that anyone on the team may be affected with. Overall, very solid mon, and I think its the perfect fit for this team!
Make sure you edit your reservation post with this post instead.

8: You are allowed to post the same Pokemon as someone else, however the set must be very different to theirs. Copying the exact same set but just changing the EVs or item is not "very different", and unless you change it, your post will not be counted.
The Gardevoir set wasn't actually posted yet so there was no way for me to know if mine was going to be "very different" or not. Jesus. I'll delete my Mime post if it's apparently so offensive to everyone's sensitivities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)