Which Pokemon became superstars/hobos in the ADV > D/P transition?

As the title says.

I think togekiss became a superstar from ADV > D/P.
Medicham got nerfed from the transition.

[/Discuss]

Hmm, thats an iteresting choice, I seem to remeber togekiss was so rubbish in ADV it was never even seen...
...Ben

EDIT: I assume you mean togetic > togekiss

Walrien got pretty good.

I think the porygon evolution line is getting a lot more use now because of porygon-z having nasty plot. I also see the occasional porygon2. Salamence has beecome even better this generation because it is hard to wall at first due to its many capabilities. Like Ben. said, walrein also got good. It is very hard to counter. Azumarill also got better because now it gets S.T.A.B. water moves (i.e. waterfall and aqua jet). Same thing with Gyarados.

I agree with Rhykune, I think Snorlax is getting much less use now due to moves like close combat and the numerous mixed sweepers. It seems that skarmory has a hard time being a single defensive wall because of mixed sweepers and moves like close combat. Alakazam is hardly ever seen because it lost the elemental punches and because, as people are mentioning, pursuit became a common move.

Alakazam really got screwed over with the elemental punches becoming physical.
Salamence got even scarier with Draco meteor and specs and all that.

super stars:
Gyarados (got a lot of boost, like waterfall and stone edge)
Togekiss (Hax Queen)
Dragonite (DD and Outrage combo makes him deadly.)
Salamence (So unpredictable)

Nerfed
Snorlax (So many fighting moves)

Yes, Kazam lost the elemental punches, but it got Focus Blast, Shadow Ball and Grass Knot. Yes, it got nerfed, but it's not because of the loss of the elemental punches, it's because of Pursuit Vile.

About Zam, the reason he got "nerfed" isn't because of the punches.

Its because Pursuit was handed over to tons of pogeys (WEAVILE)

I think Snorlax is the single most depressed Pokemon as of 2007. Suicune is also seeking meds. "Suicune and Snorlax the BL pokemon" lol. Also, Milotic's average defense was barely enough to let it get by as a bulky water in ADV, barely surviving 2 CB HP Flyings from Salamence. Now in DP it doesn't stand a chance.

Gligar, Togetic, and Sneasel obviously improved a ton with evolution. Sneasel though is probably the most obvious answer for DP improvement, getting not only a great evolution but also pretty much being the poster-child for the physical-special split.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Tyranitar was already really good in Advance, and it just got better in D/P. Though physical Crunch is only slightly more powerful than Rock Slide, it isn't resisted by much and invalidates many Water Pokemon as counters to Choice Band Tyranitar (Swampert especially). Getting a stronger Rock move in Stone Edge and chasing down Cresselias with Pursuit doesn't hurt either.

Tentacruel benefitted a lot. He's more popular now than in RBY when he had base 120 Special Attack, so he's doing pretty well.

I'm going to go ahead and say Pokemon that deserved and got a good evolution like Gligar, Rhydon, or Tangela.

Speaking for Pokemon that we already had in ADV (i.e. Pokemon that got better without an evolution), I'd say Salamence, Tyranitar, and Dragonite.

Crawdaunt, Sharpedo, Sneasel and Cacturne got totally improved this generation.

Crawdaunt went from no Physical STAB to Waterfall and Crunch to play with. Superpower is fun on choice sets. The Life Orb really helps it as well.

Sharpedo also gets Waterfall and Crunch, but also Aqua Jet. Ice Fang was a nice addition to it's arsenal as well. Sharpedo doesn't mind Specs either.

Sneasel went from no good STAB to having Night Slash and Ice Punch. It also got an evolution, and gets Ice Shard and Pursuit too.

Cacturne got Seed Bomb and Sucker Punch. It's very dangerous now... : )

Gyarados got a huge boost with the physical/special split...
Ludicolo, Blaziken and Snorlax got nerfed.
Gyarados was already very good, he just got excellent.
Ludicolo did NOT get nerfed... he's still very good, people just don't bother to use him for some reason. He can still do all his same tricks.

Medicham took a HUGE hit losing Shadow Ball.

Heracross, while not exactly non-existent in Adv, is a major player now, almost entirely because of Close Combat and Choice Band/Scarf.

And of course, obligatory mentions of all the 'lol GS' Pokemon that got unbelievable good evolutions.

Blaziken might as well not even exist anymore, though.

Regice is in about the same position as Snorlax, and you don't exactly see that many Zapdos or Celebi anymore either. The advent of Stealth Rock and the revival of Pursuit ruined a lot of Flyers, Ices, and Psychics.

I think Snorlax is the single most depressed Pokemon as of 2007. Suicune is also seeking meds. "Suicune and Snorlax the BL pokemon". Also, Milotic's average defense was barely enough to let it get by as a bulky water in ADV, barely surviving 2 CB HP Flyings from Salamence. Now in DP it doesn't stand a chance.

Gligar, Togetic, and Sneasel obviously improved a ton with evolution.
Suicune is still OU, although it's not the god it used to be, it's an awesome tank, and hard to stop once it starts calm minding, also Snorlax is still pretty good. :)
Edit: Notty, Heracross was used quite a lot in Advance, I don't know what you're talking about.

About Zam, the reason he got "nerfed" isn't because of the punches.

Its because Pursuit was handed over to tons of pogeys (WEAVILE)
I think it's more a combination of things that saw zam get shifted down from OU to BL. Pursuit, loss of the elemental punches, new special sweepers all contributed to zam's nerf.

If it was just because of pursuit, we'd see stuff like gengar, azelf, starmie etc all in BL because they are just as trapped by a stabbed pursuit as zam is.

Edit: Notty, Heracross was used quite a lot in Advance, I don't know what you're talking about.
Well, yeah. My point was that he went from being on every other team to being on just about every team period.

metagross is more of a superstar with physical punches and zen-headbutt and bullet punch became more dominate in ou then before less bulky waters helped it also.

Tyranitar with a 600+ attack pursuit and sandstorm defence boost is much better. Also got life orb to pound teams into the dusk after a dragon dance / rock polish. Only rock pokemon even scary on shoddy.

Regirock and Cradily benefited because of sandstorm (like a lot of other rock pokemon) and a bigger movepool

I thought almost all Special Walls not named Blissey took a rough beating. 5th Generation really needs to introduce a great alternative to Blissey, since it is at such a higher class of special walling then everything else. :-\

Snorlax went from awesome Curser in ADV which I used on all my teams, to not-so-hot fighting target. Why didn't it at least get Slack Off? Sure the sand hippo can, yet the lazy lard Pokemon can't?

Regice suffered the same fate as Snorlax.

Victrebeel went from not-very-used, and lost all forms of valuable attack... No Power Whip either? What is that thing coming from the back of its head then?

Kingler finally got Crabhammer running off his massive attack. (Though it's not like he's morphing the metagame or anything).

Oh and Heracross went from awesome to total bitch. It went from a so-so STAB in Brick Break and Focus Punch (required prediction) to a 120 BP 100% accuracy STAB attack. Ouch?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)