Which Pokemon Benefits the Most from 31/31/31/31/31/31?

I'm getting a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Gyara soon, so don't bother with that. ...and a 30/x/31/30/30/30 HP Fighting 70 Espy :P

It is always going to be a pokemon that needs to take hits. Examples are things like Steelix, Mixpert and Curselax. They need to be able to take hits with the 3 defensive statsn and dish out as well with the stats they need.

snorlax doesnt need 31 in speed or special attack. the only pokemon that actually need all 6 stats to be full (that are OU) are chainchomp, tyraniboah, and life orb gengar. (NOT INFERNAPE, he dies to pretty much any attack and the defense and HP evs do not matter)

there may be more, but im tired and those are the only 3 i can think of right now

Infernape doesn't really need defenses or HP, does it? It doesn't have much defense and with CC it's not going to make much of a difference.

snorlax doesnt need 31 in speed or special attack. the only pokemon that actually need all 6 stats to be full (that are OU) are chainchomp, tyraniboah, and life orb gengar. (NOT INFERNAPE, he dies to pretty much any attack and the defense and HP evs do not matter)

there may be more, but im tired and those are the only 3 i can think of right now
why the hell would you need 31 defenses with a life orb genger

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Most support pokemon do good with 5 31's, though theres almost always an attacking stat that they dont need...

why the hell would you need 31 defenses with a life orb genger
To avoid getting OHKO'd by CS Timid Starmie? With 31 SpD Surf won't guarantee a OHKO, although life orb will probably kill it if it doesn't. At least Starmie will be dead. Sweepers want decent defenses for this reason.

I saw Bulky Gyrados up there..I can see him benefiting from 5 stats, but not 6...whats up with the Sp. Atk? The average Bulky Gyrados uses:

Gyrados @ Leftovers
Adamant - Intimidate

- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall/Aqua Tail/ Ice Fang
- EarthQuake
- Taunt

Waterfall for accuracy and flinch. Aqua tail for Gyrados's most powerful attack. Ice Fang is Dragon coverage.

I don't see any special moves up there though, so how would he benefit from a 31 IV in Sp. Atk? I think theres no difference between flawless and 31/31/31/0/31/31.

And as for the people above discussing Infernape, Infernape doesn't really need defence (both special and normal def) IV's. I don't do damage calculations, but I'm pretty sure the defensive IV's won't make a difference.

Infernape is one of D/P's most powerful, but most frail sweepers. Infernape is not meant to receive any damage. So unless some idiot flamethrowered your Infernape, don't expect it to survive.

finally, some intelligent people posted in this thread, i thank you. i thought of a new one that really likes all 31s.

the muk i use as a tyraniboah counter. sub, FP, fire blast and dark pulse form a nice set that kills tyraniboah and helps break down many walls (not all, but many).

ev'd with sepcial defense and HP, it can take less than 25% from tyranitars dark pulse, and then proceed to substitute and kill it with focus punch. speed EV's are too outspeed blissey

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Chris_is_me said:
Things that are hurt by all 31:
Trick Roomers

I mean, aiming for sex-flawless stats (sextuple, perverts) is nice, but considering the possible millions-to-one odds (since only 3 of those are passed), why bother?
3 from each parent, if you look carefully at the Breeding Guide by Peterko and X-Act. Potentially a Pokemon can get all six IVs passed from it's parents, although that's pretty rare, and 2 or 3 are the most common.

THEN IT DOESN'T NEED ALL 31s. if it doesn't need all six, then it doesn't benefit from having a 31 in that sixth spot. holy shit, i want to kill someone

ummm

mixmence probably would benefit most

also with infernape, add bug to a list as WHY WOULD YOUR OPPONENT ATTACK YOU WITH THAT, cause honostly, if he doesn't resist it....he's dead

obviously shedinja. max hp and max defenses are very important for the lil' husk.

on a more serious note, all the pokemon with base stats that are even across the board (mew, manaphy, phione lol, arceus, etc.), as this would allow them to be used for any purpose, and could possibly make a neutral nature good with them.

I'd say Cresselia is a good canidate. If it's Def or SPDef wasn't perfect IV'd, a lot of random Mix attackers would definitely take care of it. HP of course it definitely needs no matter which way it goes for walling. Then speed and SPAtk aren't as important, but are still very useful nonetheless.

I'm gonna go with gyarados on this one. It doesn't need sp atk tho...

Yes, salamence/garchomp. Both need good iv's all the way across.

Deck Knight's MixMortar likes having straight 31's to hit on both ends and take a particular few hits better (killing off both fighters)

I'd say Cresselia is a good canidate. If it's Def or SPDef wasn't perfect IV'd, a lot of random Mix attackers would definitely take care of it. HP of course it definitely needs no matter which way it goes for walling. Then speed and SPAtk aren't as important, but are still very useful nonetheless.
But it never ever uses its Attack, so that doesn't qualify. Even Earthquake/Ice Beam Claydol is better suited.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Boah doesn't really need Speed. The "Speed for Weezing" was an early ADV thing, when Weezing was actually used. Now I don't see that many, and fewer still that have Will-O-Wisp, the only thing Tyranitar cares about.

Nidoking, on the other hand, really does need all the stats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)