Who do YOU start with in battle?

I'm curious about this though... I'm starting to work on an Uber team, but I have almost never played Ubers in the past. What are the best/standard leads for Ubers?
Well, I actually have an Uber team that i enjoy immensely. I have Azelf, I start off with, to take out as many as possible, then go out with a bang. My main combo is the groudon/exeggutor sweeper I utilize in battles.

Exeggutor@leftovers
Chlorophyll, modest
-solar beam
-hp ice
-sleep powder
-explosion
also lum berry will help with the t-waves, etc.

I lead with Uxie. Sets up rocks, Thunderbolts Gyara, Sleeps annoying leads, and U-Turn's out of there when the going gets tough. He has saved me many times.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, this would make a good lead threat list...

I lead with a Fire Punch ScarfCham. Like Scarfcross, but better.
Brick Break
Fire Punch
ThunderPunch
Ice Punch

-Weavile (Fast) Brick Break (usually Fire Punch since Sash and Gengar switches and to be unpredictable)
-Heracross (Versatile) Fire Punch
-Bronzong (Utility set-up) Fire Punch does enough to force it to stop setting up
-Swampert (Utility wall) Uh, Ice Punch does neutral... but no one leads with Swampy.
-Salamence (Set-up sweeper) Ice Punch
-Gyarados (Set-up sweeper) ThunderPunch
-Hippowdon (Set-up Sandstorm) Eh, too defensive for Medicham.
-Abomasnow (Set-up Hail) Fire Punch
-Aerodactyl (Fast) ThunderPunch. I'm faster.
-Jolteon (Fast) Brick Break. I'm faster.
-Crobat (Fast and utility-like) Thunder/Ice Punch (usually Ice)
-Yanmega (God-like?) Not to Fire Punch.
-Ninjask (Baton Pass) Protect-Pass is all it can do with Fire and ThunderPunch (usually fire)
-Scyther / Scizor (Many purposes) Fire Punch again
-Spiritomb (LOL ENJOYAR!) Ice Punch is the safest. I don't mind one Sucker Punch, Taunt is a waste, Pursuit is dumb, WoW is pretty crippling but my Gengar can do ok with it.
-Gengar (Catch the suprise!) Gengar is NOT a surprise. Uh, Fire Punch or Ice Punch. Psycho Cut would do much better, but Steel/(fighting resist)s are so prominent...
-Azelf (Hm...) That's like leading with Z. Bad idea.

Yanmega w/ Protect and Speed Boost can get that Medicham pretty bad. Fire Punch isn't stopping it from Air Slashing you ta' oblivion.

I lead with NP Azelf on my OU team.

On my BL team, I lead with CS Flygon.

On my UU team, I lead with Yanma (its like yanmega but with 390 base stats)

Yanmega (imba):

My favourite. Fast, scouts choice users, sleep move and strong attacks.
Ultra Annoying. owns weavile with protect/speed boost/bug buzz.
I also like bug pokémon because there are only a few useful of them.
Its weak to SR, but I simply love this thing.

Clefable @ Toxic Orb, with Protect, Facade, Meteor Mash, and Fire Blast, with Magic Guard.

I want one with Softboiled though.

I sometimes use a Shadow Sneak Shedinja w/ Focus Sash - its funny to destroy fire pokemon with it.

However, most of the time I use Swampert (just like everyone else)

FEAR is also good as a surprise lead!

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Since I'm fiddling with new teams right now, that means I'm fiddling with new potential openers.

The most reliable opener from past experience though was my Omastar. THis little guy could survive EQs and set up his cute little traps. If I ever saw a Thunderbolt coming, I switch in my Vire and enjoy my benefits. :D

Nowadays, my Ice team seems to be anal raping about 7/10 teams I fight. Most people think my Abom is only there for setting up hail...

Well they quickly learn otherwise.

Registeel =D

Most of the leads can't OHKO (not sure about CB weaville brick break) and it can set up stealth rock and explode. I battle a lot of n00bs through wi-fi so this actually works sometimes X__X

Otherwise scarfcham.

T-boah is a great lead, and it's always fun to sub up on Forretress, Skarm (I've actually seen a couple of these as leads), or any common BP Lead while they procede to guess at my special movepool - and generally lose two pogeys in the process.

Something said something bout PZ leading bad
Choice Scarf Tri Attack / Ice Beam / HP Ground or Fight / Dark Pulse
Makes a great lead

There has been many lists of starters, but by far this is the best one due to the original poster keeping a list of pokes at the beginning and what they do. Props to you!

Actually, a guide on starters doesn't seem like a bad idea...

Anyway, on topic, I use a Jumpluff lead to spread status.

Jumpluff@Wide Lens
Jolly~252 HP/252 Spd/4 Atk (hits 350 speed witha 31 iv!)
Sleep Powder
Stun Spore
Leech Seed
U-Turn

I use Sleep Powder first, then Leech Seed, then Stun Spore if they switch or I predict a switch, which, with the LS-drain, is very likely. However, other fast dual-status users should be mentioned (the fastest ones are Gengar, Jumpluff, and Froslass).

azelf choice scarf
explosion
u turn
grass knot
thunderbolt

looks messed up but actually does very well on MY team. u turn the blisset that usually comes out and dugtrio proceeds to pwn blissey. if blissey has counter i use Ttar and pursuit kill it. special attackers then ruin the opponent.

iv seen people start with gliscor for anti physical sweepers lead like heracross, metagross w/out ice punch. Physical infernape,garchomp. etc. He can be used as a rock polisher,sword dancer, or a set up lead like using stealth rocks and knock off.

I use Ambipom, and it's problems with things like Yanmega and Protect users/faster leads etc. are pretty easily covered. It also does like 35% to Gyarados with Return and can U-Turn to that counter as well as many other alternatives to everything else.

Let me note that Mixed Ambipom(Ambidextrous lol) can clear BlisSkarm easy and CBFake Out does like 30% to every neutral lead in the game with FAKE OUT, you do 29% to Aerodactyl, 69% to Jolteon and 48% to Crobat, minimum damage.

1200 post ftw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)