I just wanted to know which pokemon is your favorite to lead with, mine is

@ Leftovers

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adament
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Taunt

I've used a few leads since i started playing again but this still seems to be my favorite. It takes care of slower leads trying to set up sr and if I know there not going to try and set up sr's I dd and attack. I have swept more than one team using this mon.

My top two at the moment are Lead Weavile and Mamoswine.
Mamoswine seems to be raising in popularity as a lead lately.

It's a bit hard to choose...
@Choice Scarf

Hasty nature
174 Atk/84 SpA/252Spe
~Blizzard
~Wood Hammer
~Earthquake
~Brick Break

@Focus Sash
Naive nature
6Atk/252SpA/252Spe
~Stealth Rock
~Psychic
~Explosion
~Fire Blast

@Focus Sash
Timid nature
6Def/252SpA/252Spe
~Spikes
~Taunt
~Destiny Bond
~Blizzard

@Focus Sash
Hasty nature
6HP/252Atk/252Spe
~Fake Out
~Taunt
~Counter
~Ice Punch

@Focus Sash
Adamant nature
58HP/252Atk/200Spe
~Close Combat
~Shadow Sneak
~Taunt
~Hypnosis

@Damp Rock
Modest nature
26HP/252SpA/232Spe
~Rain Dance
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Psychic

@Leftovers
Careful nature
252HP/140Atk/118SpD
~Sucker Punch
~Pursuit
~Pain Split
~Will-o-Wisp

@Focus Sash
Naive nature
66Atk/252SpA/192Spe
~Fake Out
~Stealth Rock
~Fire Blast
~Close Combat

Can anybody give me the Mamoswine lead moveset? I love Mamo, but never used it as a lead before...

@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP/58 Atk/76 Def/136 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Trick
- Filler of choice
- Filler of choice

The idea here is to Stealth Rock on turn 1, then predict the next move and switch accordingly. Later on, I bring this baby in and Trick the choice scarf onto something that's really going to hate it, such as Cresselia. If I get any item other than leftovers, I'll usually try to trick it onto a wall of some kind.

The other lead I liked using back when Azelf and Aerodactyl and Tyranitar leads were all the rage was:

@ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 18 HP/252 Atk/240 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Night Slash
- Ice Shard
- Brick Break

Most people saw the lead Weavile and thought it was an anti-lead that would use Fake Out on turn 1. Instead, I would often use Pursuit on the Azelf/Gengar, Ice Shard on the Aerodactyl/Ninjask and Brick Break on the Tyranitar. The good thing is, it could then come in later and revenge kill a Salamence that I had let get 6 DDs.

Can anybody give me the Mamoswine lead moveset? I love Mamo, but never used it as a lead before...
Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Ice Fang/Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
---
Ice Fang is primarily for Cressy or whatever Floaty shit I want to weaken.

if this thread had been done more around "effective leads" then I think it would've been a bit better, that being said

Heatran @ shuca berry/focus sash(haven't tested sash yet but it sounds good)
pics won't work right now
252SPEED/252SPATK/6HP
timid

Fire Blast
HP[grass]
earth power
stealth rock

Bronzong!
Nuff' said.

Leftovers including Hypnosis, SR, Gyro Ball and Earthquake

all it really does is SR and Sleep the opponents lead ;D

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Ice Fang/Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
---
Ice Fang is primarily for Cressy or whatever Floaty shit I want to weaken.
Thanks. I'll use Stone Edge-Rock ties with Ice for the best attacking type, so it's nice to have both, expecially when paired with a very powerful EQ. Stone Edge also has 2.5 more base power than Ice Fang (factoring STAB), so it can damage Cresselia as well.
@Life Orb
Adamant nature, Snow Cloak trait
6HP/252Atk/252Spe
~Stealth Rock
~Earthquake
~Ice Shard
~Stone Edge

The other lead I liked using back when Azelf and Aerodactyl and Tyranitar leads were all the rage was:

@ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 18 HP/252 Atk/240 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Night Slash
- Ice Shard
- Brick Break

Most people saw the lead Weavile and thought it was an anti-lead that would use Fake Out on turn 1. Instead, I would often use Pursuit on the Azelf/Gengar, Ice Shard on the Aerodactyl/Ninjask and Brick Break on the Tyranitar. The good thing is, it could then come in later and revenge kill a Salamence that I had let get 6 DDs.[/quote]

When I first started playing Weavile was my fav lead, I just love his speed and attack, the only thing is hes very fragle, but if you can predict what your opponent is going to do he is a something that all teams should fear. I havn't seen anyone use a weavile in awhile though...mabey its time to try him again :)

Weavile is awsome, I love it's fantastic speed as well, but please, use Platinum sprites? They're so much better then D/P ones...
I also Ice Ice Punch>Night Slash, gives incoming Fighters a strong bite (2HKO Heracross).

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is going to turn into nothing more than a proxy for the "creative movesets" thread. Overly specific threads like "my favorite lead" don't really contribute much discussion. A better premise would be "what makes an effective lead" and then list examples etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)