Wooper used ice butt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dig is just weird, why can so many pokemon dig under-ground? Here is a list of absurd ones, Note: Only the lowest evolution gets a name, I don't have all day: Kraaby, charmander, squirtle, ekans, pikachu, clefairy, vulpix, jigglypuff, paras, meowth, psyduck, mankey, poliwag, kadabra (not abra), machop, slowpoke, grimer, lickitung, kanghaskan, pinsir, cyndaquil, totodile, ledyba (seriously!?), spinarak, cleffa, igglybuff, marill, pineco, snubbul, shuckle (not that you're using it), heracross, teddiursa, corsola, hitmontop, raikou, entei, suicune, treeko, torchic, mudkip, seedot, makuhita, sableye, spinda, seviper, corphish, kecleon, chimchar, piplup, bidoof, buizel, glameow, stunky, riolu, skorupi, croagunk, electivire, heatran, oshawott, patrat, lillipup, pansage, pansear, panpour, audino, timburr, throh, sawk, scolipede, darumaka, dwebble, scraggy, tirouga, archen, zorua (but not zoroark), mincinno, axew, cubchoo, mienfoo, druddigon, pawniard and, finally, heatmor.

It's not even like I put all of the pokemon there that aren't ground or something, I made short-cuts like not putting any ground pokemon on it (such as levitating claydol digging) no matter how absurd, rattata got off for being a rat, buneary is a rabbit, and they live under-ground! Seriously, it is just handed out poorly!
its really not hard to dig a hole.

I think that the strangest move in the game is Magnet Rise. It takes quite a bit of electromagnetic charge to lift something using only Earth's magnetic mield. For example, for Metagross to use Magnet Rise, it must attain 98633 coulombs of charge. For those unfamiliar with the unit, an average lightning bolt contains around 15 coulombs of charge. So Metagross is charging itself up quite a bit. One would think his special attack would be higher. (The same applies to Dialga, who is even heavier; however, being The Lord of Time might allow him to use some external methods.)

Clear Body: Regice I can understand. Someone please explain how Regirock, Registeel and Metagross are transparent.

I think that the strangest move in the game is Magnet Rise. It takes quite a bit of electromagnetic charge to lift something using only Earth's magnetic mield. For example, for Metagross to use Magnet Rise, it must attain 98633 coulombs of charge. For those unfamiliar with the unit, an average lightning bolt contains around 15 coulombs of charge. So Metagross is charging itself up quite a bit. One would think his special attack would be higher. (The same applies to Dialga, who is even heavier; however, being The Lord of Time might allow him to use some external methods.)

Clear Body: Regice I can understand. Someone please explain how Regirock, Registeel and Metagross are transparent.
metagross is psychic tho, and highly intelligent

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
its really not hard to dig a hole.
If game freak gives every pokemon the ability to breath fire, then all they have to do is breath, so why not?

Explain to me how a lady-bird digs a hole though, if nothing else, then ledyba.
Or how about Jigglypuff - or better yet igglybuff? Their hands are far to small and they don't have arms, and they're balloon pokemon, so you're not getting in the ground with a head-butt!

speaking of magnet rise, we also have the curious case of magnemite who is 4x weak to ground despite being depicted as levitating in every possible form of media ever. they need either the move or air balloons to block ground attacks ._________.

Game Freak totally missed their chance for a Ghost-type Eevee in 4th gen.

"Evolves by level-up in the Distortion World."

Instead, Eevee can evolve into time-based evolutions, Espeon and Umbreon, in the distortion world, despite time being stated not to exist there.

Tauros and his movepool gave me a few headscratchers, at least until the 2nd generation. Then suddenly I realized the obvious: They are Greek Gods in disguise! I remember the the Zeus once seduced Europa in the form of a bull. They could learn Attract. He abducts her by swimming with her on his back to Crete. Yes, Tauros got Surf. It has Thunder(bolt) and Rest.

The icing on the cake would be Tauros being white, but this is the closest thing I can imagine GF was thinking when they gave him this movepool. Godly!

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
How does Duskull use Fling? And it can fling an Air Balloon. Sure, it only has 10 Base Power and it Levitates anyway (Rotom-S) but still, wouldn't it just float up? There are so many things wrong with that.

What have Game Freaks thought of when they designed Skuntank: Flamethrower? Explosion? Whenever I try to imagine that I looks awfully painful.

What I don't get about GameFreak is just one simple thing:

Snorlax gets Selfdestruct. Like seriously, can you imagine tiny bits of Snorlax just flying around everywhere? I can't.
Yes, after it's eaten so much its stomach can no longer take the pressure.

Or, being Snorlax, it probably just eats some dynamite.

I also have issue with these guys using Rollout...
Dunsparce curls up. Eggy rolls on his sides, and Bonsly and Snorunt probably do the same though Snorunt will be rolling in circles.

The Japanese name for Softboiled translates as Egg Lay. Mew can learn it...

Muk learns Brick Break. I can think of few if any Pokemon less likely to ever smash a brick.

Snorlax explode is... you know, MASSIVE FARTS EXPLOSION, or can also be a massive burp at the point he faints, too.
Or this: "Yes, after it's eaten so much its stomach can no longer take the pressure."

Muk have gigant arms of sludge, it's obvious he can smash bricks with all anger.

i think we have established at this point that any questionable move's legality that is explosive in nature can be explained by farting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)