Wooper used ice butt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wailord knowing Dive, considering it's less dense than air. (Although arguably the "Why Game Freak? here is on the Pokedex heights and weights.)

Slowbro can learn Withdraw. Yeah, it does have a shell, but fitting in there is going to be quite some feat, especially as it's already occupied by a Shellder.

Block has been explicitly stating as involving the arms. Failing that I might expect it to involve general bulk to obstruct an enemy's path. This is not remotely reflected in its distribution, with Nosepass, Exeggcute, Forretress, and Cradily (who is rooted to the spot) being I think particularly egregious examples.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
has 2 oddities, these are wood hammer and low kick!

Wood hammer: I know for a fact that abomasnow hits with his arms for wood hammer!
What do you suggest exeggutor does? Runs in head first, with a strand of his.. er.. leafy hair turning into a tree and hitting the opponent? :P

Low kick... he doesn't have legs. I mean, I know he has.. uh... stumps, but they're certainly not proper legs! If exeggutor gets this, then why not tyranitar? Why not metagross? (Come on, exeggutor isn't the agilest pokemon you've ever seen!) So why give it to Exeggutor and defy the laws of.. uh.. Kicking! :P

This thing can learn Mega Kick.

I know Dusclops has feet but it pretty much shows that they didn't really plan this one out too much.

I don't get this thing's entire movepool to be honest.

EDIT:

Primeape can learn Iron Tail, but that is only half the problem. In Pokepark or whatever it was called, Primeape is the tutor for Pikachu's Iron Tail, and he legitamately says that "he mastered the move without even having a tail" or something like that. Active trolling.
Welp this makes my last post on here irrelevant. NINJASK'D!!!

But to me the fact that Groudon gets Sandstorm is hilarious. Ability sets up sun, but it can set up sand. LOL

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
has 2 oddities, these are wood hammer and low kick!

Wood hammer: I know for a fact that abomasnow hits with his arms for wood hammer!
What do you suggest exeggutor does? Runs in head first, with a strand of his.. er.. leafy hair turning into a tree and hitting the opponent? :P

Low kick... he doesn't have legs. I mean, I know he has.. uh... stumps, but they're certainly not proper legs! If exeggutor gets this, then why not tyranitar? Why not metagross? (Come on, exeggutor isn't the agilest pokemon you've ever seen!) So why give it to Exeggutor and defy the laws of.. uh.. Kicking! :P
Tyranitar does get Low Kick.

Wailord knowing Dive, considering it's less dense than air. (Although arguably the "Why Game Freak? here is on the Pokedex heights and weights.)

Slowbro can learn Withdraw. Yeah, it does have a shell, but fitting in there is going to be quite some feat, especially as it's already occupied by a Shellder.

Block has been explicitly stating as involving the arms. Failing that I might expect it to involve general bulk to obstruct an enemy's path. This is not remotely reflected in its distribution, with Nosepass, Exeggcute, Forretress, and Cradily (who is rooted to the spot) being I think particularly egregious examples.
wairlord gets dive cause whales cant breathe unless under water

Well, Exeggutor do have legs and foots, so, he can perfectly do a low kick (you know what low kicks means). Metagross by other hand is a spider-like Pokémon, he needs it's four legs to keep the balance, so, he can't kick the opponent (other spider-like Pokémon can kick because they can jump, but Metagross can't jump).

Stealth Rock Chansey by other hand is pretty normal... On the anime and in general, there're two ways to "summon" Stealth Rocks, one is just grabbing rocks and throwing them, and the second is creating rocks using "special powers" (come on, this's Pokémon, they do have it) that around the field. Chansey can use a great variety of TM's, so, it's obvious she also have the special power to create Stealth Rocks.

Well, that happens always, a Pokémon can know what it's pre-evos can know. How Butterfree can use Harden? Because it still rebember how to do that from the past, and try to mimic it with it's new body. I guess Dusknoir on place of kick with a leg, it just mimic as he's kicking, it's actually doing something similar to Body Slam, but with it's buttom part.

wairlord gets dive cause whales cant breathe unless under water
Wailord manages to get his body underwater by pushing powerfully with its tail or swallowing weights or grabbing onto a sinking ship or something but more importantly I was so bothered by such an egregious claim that I had to post about it or my eye would have twitched right out of its socket.

Whales are mammals. Whales breathe air. Whales have to surface to breathe.

Hope you all will forgive me.

So this isn't entirely detracting, does anybody know the basis for Swords Dance? Is there a better explanation for how it does and what it does besides "magic"? Basically, what happens physically when a Jumpluff uses Swords Dance and why is its attacking prowess doubled?

Since the fourth generation the description has been explicit that it's psychological, being "A frenetic dance to uplift the fighting spirit."

Celever

i am town
Well, in terms of Kabutops I think he literally dances with his swords while slashing them together throughout the routine, and this sharpens his blades so his attack goes up. I already put a post about swords dance Jumpluff earlier on (ninja'd!) but yeah. Other pokemon that learn it all have some kind of sharp object to make sharper, or just do with Kabutops does: Farfetch'd has a leek, Oshawott a scalchop... Well, actually, there are a load of weird pokemon who learn it by TM or breeding, but by level up it pretty much all makes sense, since the border-line for swords dance seems to pretty much be tiny claws (sandshrew) as long as they get more or bigger claws later (sandslash).

List of oddities (it always ends up handed out terribly once it becomes a tm...):
Landorus
Oddish
Bellsprout
Chikorita
Bulbasaur
Tentacool
Lickitung
Tangela
Ledyba
Bellossom
Hoppip
Celebi
Lotad
Shroomish
Roelia
Lileep
Turtwig
Budew
Cherubi
Toxicroak
Carnivine
Snover
Lickylicky
Rhypherior
Tangrowth
Darkrai
Snivy
Patrat
Sawsbuck
Mienfoo
Groudon

Something interesting about this move though is that in pokemon XD; glaes of darkness on one of the battle CDs the game erroneously had a Machamp that knew swords dance:

Celever

i am town
I know, if they have lots of strands capable of a dance and can control the leaves to sharpen eachother. Oddish has 3 strands and I'm pretty cure he can't move them.

I know, if they have lots of strands capable of a dance and can control the leaves to sharpen eachother. Oddish has 3 strands and I'm pretty cure he can't move them.
They act as ears similar to dogs. When an oddish is sad the leaves will be bent down. So yeah it can move them.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Got me there. Kinda like Shell Smash Huntail/Gorebyss. They don't learn Shell Smash, but Clamperl does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)