1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Wooper used ice butt!

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Celever, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agonist

Agonist Minutes become hours when you wait, hope and regret
    is a Forum Moderator

I'm well aware of that. Ice Punch obviously makes sense though, and ThunderPunch, well, that's really the same as Fire Punch.
  2. The Cicada

The Cicada

just noticed dugtrio gets hone claws. I think its safe to say it's got a scarey body that it's hiding.
  3. Organization Member XIV

Organization Member XIV

Maybe it is Jack the Ripper.
  4. NormalNavi

NormalNavi

Come on, no one mentioned Smeargle yet?

It learns every move in the game with Sketch.

EVERY. FREAKING. MOVE.

And no one wondered how he uses stuff like Fly, Poison Sting, Drill Peck, Crabhammer, Hyper Fang, Sharpen, Rock Polish, Autotomize, Spider Web, Milk Drink, Needle Arm, every variation of Hyper Beam, Air Cutter, Roost, Tail Wind, Gear Grind, Cotton Guard, Steamroller, and the list goes on and on?

How does Sketch work anyway?
  5. Jangrafess

Jangrafess

Magical paint tail.
  6. NormalNavi

NormalNavi

Fly. Just Fly. Is he doing the helicopter with his tail?

And Autotomise. While Steel type Pokémon may simply lose part of their armor or something, does that mean he's losing a arm or a leg while using it?
  7. The Cicada

The Cicada

I'm 100% sure that was mentioned already. Smeargle does it's moves by painting w/e it wants to happen, then it really happens.
  8. NormalNavi

NormalNavi

No, it wasn't mentioned, Cicada. Also, while "Energy" attacks can be understood as "painted", how can it use all of these physical ones? Some other moves (like I said, Autotomise) can lead to squick when you think too much about it.

Autotomise has the user dropping off useless parts of his body. Sharpen, well, makes his user... sharper. Rock Polish makes it more aerodynamic. On Rock or Steel types, it can be understood, but on a organic creature without any kind of armor or whatever?
    Gross.

EDIT : yes it was mentioned, but not in this topic.
    http://http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3475350&page=6

That still doesn't solve the physically impossible moves tho.
  9. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Community Contributor

Don't know if it's been brought up yet, but... Final Gambit Shedinja. Clearly somebody at GameFreak took a look at the move and said "Shedinja has to get that somehow".

It also learns Substitute and Rest. Those are pretty standard, though. Final Gambit is a little less distributed, and there really is no reason for Nincada to get it by breeding, other than "so that Shedinja can also have it". I actually wonder if the reason why Shelmet and Accelgor got it, was that they then could pass it to Shedinja.

I want to use it on a Life Orb set once.
  10. Celever

Celever

Answers in colour, strange enough, there are lots of moves that could get on some pokemon with a bit of imagination (magic paint-brushes help though!)!
  11. ILoveGarchomp

ILoveGarchomp

Well, I'm dissapointed that none mentioned the Great:
    [​IMG]

I'd be happy with any 3 other moves. Hell even splash... at least it would make it funnier
  12. Blueman900

Blueman900

It would be kinda cool if unknown got a random move based off its form. for example; unknown "f" could get flamethrower.
  13. Organization Member XIV

Organization Member XIV

Or Flail. That would suck.
  14. Present

Present

All behold the useless moves shedinja gets:

Harden, Sandstorm (instant kill!), rest (+sleep talk and snore), substitute, final gambit, double edge, endure (it gets protect)

that should be about it

edit: leech life maybe, it cannot restore hp and gets outclassed by all other bug moves (if you would ever use it to restore hp...)
  15. typon77

typon77

Actually, in the case of Smeargle, it doesn't just draw the move. When it uses Sketch on a Pokemon, it records a drawing of that pokemon using that move. So my interpretation is every time it uses that move, it draws a version of that pokemon using that move. I.e. it will draw a Heracross using Megahorn, or a Braviary that picks it up and uses Fly.
  16. B. [R]

B. [R]

Oh yeah bro, it's called Lucario. Boy ain't he something?
  17. Someoneelse

Someoneelse Why am I here?

On a different topic, why does Jumpluff and its cotton balls of softness get Swords Dance?
  18. Ratochu

Ratochu

Arbok with Sucker Punch... =.=
  19. rocky505

rocky505

Sucker punch isn't a punching move -_-
  20. Agonist

Agonist Minutes become hours when you wait, hope and regret
    is a Forum Moderator

Snakes are very capable of performing a surprise attack.
  21. Dungeons

Dungeons

Gengar w/ Focus Blast
    In gen 1 voltorb couldn't learn any electrical offensive move by level up
    Doudrio and Arceus can learn fly??!!??
    pikachu events come w/ fly and surf?
    and they coded the worst attack ever... splash.

-.- i lost a lot of respect for game freak my first play
  22. chuckeroo777

chuckeroo777

Gengar makes sense. Focus Blast is just a pure ball of energy that explodes.
    Voltorb didn't need electric attacks. Its purely BOOM.
    Dodrio can spin its heads real fast like a helicopter
    Arceus is god. He can do whatever he wants.
    Pikachu uses a surkboard and a balloon.
    And don't diss splash! Its uber powered!
    Although, why did they give it to stuff other than magicarp?
  23. Dungeons

Dungeons

uber powered... it ha no effect! XD it made my die laughing
  24. Celever

Celever

Dig is just weird, why can so many pokemon dig under-ground? Here is a list of absurd ones, Note: Only the lowest evolution gets a name, I don't have all day: Kraaby, charmander, squirtle, ekans, pikachu, clefairy, vulpix, jigglypuff, paras, meowth, psyduck, mankey, poliwag, kadabra (not abra), machop, slowpoke, grimer, lickitung, kanghaskan, pinsir, cyndaquil, totodile, ledyba (seriously!?), spinarak, cleffa, igglybuff, marill, pineco, snubbul, shuckle (not that you're using it), heracross, teddiursa, corsola, hitmontop, raikou, entei, suicune, treeko, torchic, mudkip, seedot, makuhita, sableye, spinda, seviper, corphish, kecleon, chimchar, piplup, bidoof, buizel, glameow, stunky, riolu, skorupi, croagunk, electivire, heatran, oshawott, patrat, lillipup, pansage, pansear, panpour, audino, timburr, throh, sawk, scolipede, darumaka, dwebble, scraggy, tirouga, archen, zorua (but not zoroark), mincinno, axew, cubchoo, mienfoo, druddigon, pawniard and, finally, heatmor.

It's not even like I put all of the pokemon there that aren't ground or something, I made short-cuts like not putting any ground pokemon on it (such as levitating claydol digging) no matter how absurd, rattata got off for being a rat, buneary is a rabbit, and they live under-ground! Seriously, it is just handed out poorly!
  25. Jangrafess

Jangrafess

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)