Wooper used ice butt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, no one mentioned Smeargle yet?

It learns every move in the game with Sketch.

EVERY. FREAKING. MOVE.

And no one wondered how he uses stuff like Fly, Poison Sting, Drill Peck, Crabhammer, Hyper Fang, Sharpen, Rock Polish, Autotomize, Spider Web, Milk Drink, Needle Arm, every variation of Hyper Beam, Air Cutter, Roost, Tail Wind, Gear Grind, Cotton Guard, Steamroller, and the list goes on and on?

How does Sketch work anyway?

Fly. Just Fly. Is he doing the helicopter with his tail?

And Autotomise. While Steel type Pokémon may simply lose part of their armor or something, does that mean he's losing a arm or a leg while using it?

EVERY. FREAKING. MOVE.

And no one wondered how he uses stuff like Fly, Poison Sting, Drill Peck, Crabhammer, Hyper Fang, Sharpen, Rock Polish, Autotomize, Spider Web, Milk Drink, Needle Arm, every variation of Hyper Beam, Air Cutter, Roost, Tail Wind, Gear Grind, Cotton Guard, Steamroller, and the list goes on and on?

How does Sketch work anyway?
I'm 100% sure that was mentioned already. Smeargle does it's moves by painting w/e it wants to happen, then it really happens.

No, it wasn't mentioned, Cicada. Also, while "Energy" attacks can be understood as "painted", how can it use all of these physical ones? Some other moves (like I said, Autotomise) can lead to squick when you think too much about it.

Autotomise has the user dropping off useless parts of his body. Sharpen, well, makes his user... sharper. Rock Polish makes it more aerodynamic. On Rock or Steel types, it can be understood, but on a organic creature without any kind of armor or whatever?
Gross.

EDIT : yes it was mentioned, but not in this topic.
http://http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3475350&page=6

That still doesn't solve the physically impossible moves tho.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Don't know if it's been brought up yet, but... Final Gambit Shedinja. Clearly somebody at GameFreak took a look at the move and said "Shedinja has to get that somehow".

It also learns Substitute and Rest. Those are pretty standard, though. Final Gambit is a little less distributed, and there really is no reason for Nincada to get it by breeding, other than "so that Shedinja can also have it". I actually wonder if the reason why Shelmet and Accelgor got it, was that they then could pass it to Shedinja.

I want to use it on a Life Orb set once.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor

EVERY. FREAKING. MOVE.

And no one wondered how he uses stuff like Fly,Helicopter tail. Poison Sting, Shoots out of tail. Drill Peck Turns it's tail into a beak and spins it., CrabhammerTurns tail into a crab claw and hits something with it like a hammer, Hyper Fang,How do you know he doesn't have very sharp teeth? Sharpen,I want to know how anything can sharpen themselves on demand, I don't care if they're artificial, or if they're snowflakes! Rock Polish,He folds his tail in, puts the spike on the top of his hat in and he folds his ears into his head. AutotomizeIt sheds some of the bristles on its tail., Spider Web,Shoots it out of its tail. Milk Drink,He drinks some milk. What is so amazing about that? Needle Arm,The tail gets spiky and needly every variation of Hyper Beam,Out of tail. Air CutterHe charges up, and then violently whips its tail sending out some cuts through the air., RoostBrstles on tail turns into feathers and it sheds them., Tail Wind,Eh, summons a wind behind it. How does any pokemon use it anyway!? Gear GrindTakes gears out of its tail and grinds them! LOL., Cotton GuardCreates cotton and shrouds itself in it., Steamroller,Turns its tail into a steamroller and rolls on it. and the list goes on and on?
Answers in colour, strange enough, there are lots of moves that could get on some pokemon with a bit of imagination (magic paint-brushes help though!)!

Well, I'm dissapointed that none mentioned the Great:

I'd be happy with any 3 other moves. Hell even splash... at least it would make it funnier

All behold the useless moves shedinja gets:

Harden, Sandstorm (instant kill!), rest (+sleep talk and snore), substitute, final gambit, double edge, endure (it gets protect)

that should be about it

edit: leech life maybe, it cannot restore hp and gets outclassed by all other bug moves (if you would ever use it to restore hp...)

Actually, in the case of Smeargle, it doesn't just draw the move. When it uses Sketch on a Pokemon, it records a drawing of that pokemon using that move. So my interpretation is every time it uses that move, it draws a version of that pokemon using that move. I.e. it will draw a Heracross using Megahorn, or a Braviary that picks it up and uses Fly.

Gengar w/ Focus Blast
In gen 1 voltorb couldn't learn any electrical offensive move by level up
Doudrio and Arceus can learn fly??!!??
pikachu events come w/ fly and surf?
and they coded the worst attack ever... splash.

-.- i lost a lot of respect for game freak my first play

Gengar makes sense. Focus Blast is just a pure ball of energy that explodes.
Voltorb didn't need electric attacks. Its purely BOOM.
Dodrio can spin its heads real fast like a helicopter
Arceus is god. He can do whatever he wants.
Pikachu uses a surkboard and a balloon.
And don't diss splash! Its uber powered!
Although, why did they give it to stuff other than magicarp?

Gengar makes sense. Focus Blast is just a pure ball of energy that explodes.
Voltorb didn't need electric attacks. Its purely BOOM.
Dodrio can spin its heads real fast like a helicopter
Arceus is god. He can do whatever he wants.
Pikachu uses a surkboard and a balloon.
And don't diss splash! Its uber powered!
Although, why did they give it to stuff other than magicarp?
uber powered... it ha no effect! XD it made my die laughing

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Dig is just weird, why can so many pokemon dig under-ground? Here is a list of absurd ones, Note: Only the lowest evolution gets a name, I don't have all day: Kraaby, charmander, squirtle, ekans, pikachu, clefairy, vulpix, jigglypuff, paras, meowth, psyduck, mankey, poliwag, kadabra (not abra), machop, slowpoke, grimer, lickitung, kanghaskan, pinsir, cyndaquil, totodile, ledyba (seriously!?), spinarak, cleffa, igglybuff, marill, pineco, snubbul, shuckle (not that you're using it), heracross, teddiursa, corsola, hitmontop, raikou, entei, suicune, treeko, torchic, mudkip, seedot, makuhita, sableye, spinda, seviper, corphish, kecleon, chimchar, piplup, bidoof, buizel, glameow, stunky, riolu, skorupi, croagunk, electivire, heatran, oshawott, patrat, lillipup, pansage, pansear, panpour, audino, timburr, throh, sawk, scolipede, darumaka, dwebble, scraggy, tirouga, archen, zorua (but not zoroark), mincinno, axew, cubchoo, mienfoo, druddigon, pawniard and, finally, heatmor.

It's not even like I put all of the pokemon there that aren't ground or something, I made short-cuts like not putting any ground pokemon on it (such as levitating claydol digging) no matter how absurd, rattata got off for being a rat, buneary is a rabbit, and they live under-ground! Seriously, it is just handed out poorly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)