Wooper used ice butt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what I dont get is how Electross levitates. it looks like its sitting flat on the ground.
Electromagnetism possibly? I generally like to think that the bottom flippers can keep it suspended for a few seconds by repelling the ground through electromagnetism. That's why it taps the ground with it's feet. It can only stay up for a few seconds.

true but what about grass knot and the rock moves.its a levitating electric type!
Grass Knot is weird since it's, well, tying a grass knot and forcing the opponent to trip.

Anything that gets it is kind of questionable (I guess that grass types can manipulate it because grass, psychic powers used elsewhere but...), and there's a lot more brow-raisers than Eelektross here

SUCH AS

How is Azumarill a brow raiser? Only thing I can think of that you would question on it is super power, and its pretty clear it has super strength with that huge power abillity.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
How is Azumarill a brow raiser? Only thing I can think of that you would question on it is super power, and its pretty clear it has super strength with that huge power abillity.
Well, for starters, IT'S A FUCKING WATER-TYPE.

that was referring to Grass Knot...

This gets Iron Tail and Horn Drill

Acrobatics? How?

Nothing screams Gust quite like Trapinch

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
that was referring to Grass Knot...

This gets Iron Tail and Horn Drill

Acrobatics? How?

Nothing screams Gust quite like Trapinch
No idea on Ponyta solidifying its tail, and.. uh.. creating a horn...
Well, acrobatics is a flying type attack, and they're the sun and moon, and the flying type is pretty much the sky type, made relevant by the move called sky attack, air slash and more! eally, it's a mystery why they don't learn more flying type attacks, namely sky attack.
Well, vibrava and Flygon are dragonflies. Dragonflies have wings. Wings create gusts. Simple really. It's like... actually...

Pupitar learns... Iron tail!? Bite? Crunch? Hyper beam? Brick break? Rock smash? Snarl? Dragon dance? Stomp? Outrage? Superpower? Uproar?

Seriously, he can learn all of these attacks!? I know this is because of Larvitar and Tyranitar, but game freak really could have thought out it's design a bit better! I mean, he clearly doesn't have a mouth, but if there is some kind of opening where a mouth is it reduces the amount of moves to:
Iron tail!? Bite? Crunch? Brick break? Rock smash? Dragon dance? Stomp? Outrage? Superpower?
And this is still not good by any means. Anyway, I will tell you why they are all weird:
Iron tail: It has no tail! XD
Bite and crunch, well let's let Bulbapedia tell you this one: "Despite having no visible teeth, it is able to learn Bite and Crunch via level-up."
Brick break, superpower and rock smash: You actually need something to smash the rocks with, these are almost always depicted as hands, and cracking them with your head isn't favourable.
Dragon dance: Um... how does it dance? it's a cocoon!
Stomp: It stomps.. with no feet.
Outrage: This is depicted as the dragon charging incredibly quickly at the opponent while giving off dragon(y) energy. Pupitar can barely move! XD

Solrock & Lunatone get Acrobatics because they float through the air

My thing with Azumarill was how it ties grass with its stubby not-arms. Doesn't have any psychic powers either.

A lot of water types get Grass Knot, oddly. Maybe it's water bending~

Anyone else wonder how the fuck this thing gets Scald AND Grass Knot??? What about this design says "hey, I can shoot water at you?" And how on earth can he tie a knot with grass, he beard would just burn the grass to a crisp. Not saying it isnt cool that he can get the Fire-Water-Grass Coverage, but it just doesnt make any sense at all

Oh and cant forget this guy...

'scuse me, but what about this design says Whirlwind? It had massive claws for pete sake! It's based off a Scorpion, there is nothing winged about it! I mean I can flap my arms in a windmill formation too, but it doesnt mean I'm gonna be blowing somone off the map any time soon with the wind I create. It just doesnt make any sense.

Altaria learns earthquake and steel wing. Everything seems to get earthquake but really "steel wing" its wings are clouds?
Also Bouffalant learns some absurd moves e.g aerial ace, mud slap, poison jab, rain dance, stone edge, sunny day, surf,toxic...Why is it nearly every pokemon can summon weather?

Ok, what about this one:
Ferroseed can learn Metal Claw! he is a seed, a SEED, a metal seed, but anyway. He has no hands, so he got no claws either! so how can our beloved metal seed use Metal Claw?

Ok, what about this one:
Ferroseed can learn Metal Claw! he is a seed, a SEED, a metal seed, but anyway. He has no hands, so he got no claws either! so how can our beloved metal seed use Metal Claw?
If only it had some sort of spiked implements with which to claw at someone

if only

Since drapion can fully rotate it's head. I see it using whirlwind be rotating it's head at full speed.
Like I said, I can spin my arms around too, doesnt mean I'm gonna blow you away with the wind I'm making. If anything it shoud get Dual Chop from that, or some signature move like Dizzy Slice or something

If that is the premise of the argument then this entire thread is pointless. For every "why gf why" moment we could all just say "they are Pokemon, they can do things that dont make sense"

Anyone else wonder how the fuck this thing gets Scald AND Grass Knot??? What about this design says "hey, I can shoot water at you?" And how on earth can he tie a knot with grass, he beard would just burn the grass to a crisp. Not saying it isnt cool that he can get the Fire-Water-Grass Coverage, but it just doesnt make any sense at all
I figured Emboar's scald was a superheated spitball or loogie.

And now for my two cents. Makuhita-line getting whirlwind. Not exactly certain what the reasoning behind it is, but I bet they have something.

If that is the premise of the argument then this entire thread is pointless. For every "why gf why" moment we could all just say "they are Pokemon, they can do things that dont make sense"
What I mean is that it could obviously spin far faster than you, enough to make a whirlwind. Thats complete different than things that go against the laws of physics like metal claw ferroseed, or brick break pupitar.

Oh and I think Emboar gets Scald cuz its a fire type, and can maybe heat up the water in the air or something.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This one particular thing has irked me since the very beginning.

How do Diglett and Dugtrio learn all these slashing moves? They have no arms! Yet they learn moves like Slash, Aerial Ace, Night Slash, and Shadow Claw. And Duggy learns Rock Smash as well. This has always made me wonder, "Just how does Duggy do this?"

This one particular thing has irked me since the very beginning.

How do Diglett and Dugtrio learn all these slashing moves? They have no arms! Yet they learn moves like Slash, Aerial Ace, Night Slash, and Shadow Claw. And Duggy learns Rock Smash as well. This has always made me wonder, "Just how does Duggy do this?"
we've been through this. nobody knows if it's hiding some type of body with claws under the ground, and it moves insanely fast, enough to pop up, slash yo ass with claws it might have, then go right back underground

I figured Emboar's scald was a superheated spitball or loogie.

And now for my two cents. Makuhita-line getting whirlwind. Not exactly certain what the reasoning behind it is, but I bet they have something.
Snorlax and Rampardos also get it.

Go figure.

Iron Tail causes a lot of this...

Iron Tail is understandable for other members of these evolutionary lines, but not these guys. Additionally there are some that have no business using it even when considering evolution.

I would excuse Spoink if not for the Pokedex entries all talking about bouncing being necessary for life. Some others that could barely be justified:

Worry Seed could be a metaphorical seed in the Flavor text "A seed that causes worry is planted on the target. It prevents sleep by making its Ability Insomnia." and Munna does have a floral design.

This learns Water Pulse despite its typing, but Hippopotas is a Hippo after all...

I also have issue with these guys using Rollout...

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Apparently you missed the tail on Magmortar, but just to be clear, it definitely has a tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)