Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
still doesn't work because it's too big.

Last I remembered the people suggesting a change were people that don't sprite, and I can get opinions enough. Talent and completed work is harder to find.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Also decided to make a Hoopa, not like we needed one currently, but I was bored so I decided to make one. I'll try to make sprites on the ones we are trying to actually get done with however.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hopefully hoopa would get confirmed so that your sprite wouldnt be wasted. But I cant help but wonder if it's right (our left) horn is made in an awkward position. Something about it looks off. It might be that yellow ring but Im not sure. Just throwing it out there though.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
I'll try to make some improvements to it's horn, now that you mention it that it looks off and yeah it might just be the ring cause it looks more loose than the other one.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Alright, so I made a few changes to Hoopa
Doesn't look very different. I only changed a few things around it it's "ear" on it's right side. It also turns out that the rings are supposed to be more loose as shown in this.

Which is the picture I based the sprite off of. I was also cleaning out my pictures and happened to found some Mega Lucario sprites. So I figured I put them here. this may just be a trace to make it into a sprite but not sure how I created it. It's a little too tall but will fit in the the 96x96 square. Head is taken from Platinum sprite/BW sprite and also BW sprite there for size. Again I thought I would just post it here to get opinions to maybe use it, but I don't really like it.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A thought occurred.

I should at least have shiny Kalos sprites for all the mons who have corresponding shiny models: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...NGLTV6N3paNEdoeXctY2w1TlE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

maybe I'll do that later along with the Goodra QC if nobody decides to beat me to it.

EDIT: Taking care of Goodra now.

originals:

new:

Hey look I did QC.

[2:07:03 PM] Princess of Music: yeah, i'm not sure if you'd want to do it yourself, but the proportions need to be expanded a little bit
[2:07:12 PM] Princess of Music: it kind of looks squished or stocky if that makes any sense

More colour rolling

small edits to Zygarde to make it good for shiny, although I think LU still has much more in store for this one.

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Double post cause gotta tag

Wyverii have you seen the Yveltal shiny?

I was taking a look and holy crap does the shiny palette ruin the sprite, it's actually really scary. Might involve some super colour revamping. If you don't mind me doing it I will but I'm going to have to make a ton of reworks to it and I'm not sure if you'd prefer doing it yourself.

EDIT: More Kanga more fun

ALSO

I'M REALLY HAPPY THE SEREBII SPRITE PROJECT ENJOYED MY EDITS TO AXL'S MEGA AGGRON BUT I WAS NEVER FINISHED SO HERE GUYS IF YOU WANT THE REST OF THEM!!!

Last edited:
A thought occurred.

small edits to Zygarde to make it good for shiny, although I think LU still has much more in store for this one.

Didn't Legitimate Username make a new Zygarde sprite?
It took a better position than the one you use it looks. Zygarde looks hunched over in the one you uses for the shiny.

Fixed the head's shadow.

The problem I see there is that charizard Y's wings are huge and theres not really a good way to stay within the limit without making either the wings or the body look disproportionate. It would work with charizard X a bit better but its really the back sprite that we are having issues with since the current front sprite looks good. (Although I do like this one's head better)

And seleccion kanga's right armpit does a spazz and I think the shadow on its belly is moving a bit weird. Finally, try fixing up those last couple frames so it could loop better. Besides that, Its nice. I still like the HGSS sprite better though :s

Anyway, its that time of the semester again with projects and tests beginning to pile up but when I get a break from them, I can start animating again. Mega banette is long overdue >.<
The arms are not changed, they are the original from the black/white sprite:

Last edited:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Alright, I was in the middle of making my own shiny version of Yveltal, but apparently princessofmusic beat me to the punch, which is way better than my remake shown below. I also didn't like our current Mega blastoise which annoyed me for some odd reason to I made My version of it. Also while on the topic of Zygarde i made him too. I have a lot of time on my hands as you can see... But yeah my shiny yveltal remake sucks, but kept it here for opinions.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
My big thing with that blastoise is that it's angle is off for BW style sprites, and the style in general isn't exactly close to it either. You have some beastly cannons there though.

Running the next round of QC for Sliggoo

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Alright, thanks for the feedback. Now that you mention it both the angle and style is off. Is it just the colors that make it seem off cause in my POV it is. I was also thinking to take parts off of normal Blastoise to change the angle, however it is gonna be a little hard to do it cause of how bulky Mega Blasty is.

Legitimate Username

NO PLAN SURVIVES
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I got as far as I can with these, I doubt it's perfect so if anyone else wants to make more changes, go ahead. The perspetive shift between the front and the back is a bit extreme, but given the positioning of the tail, I think it's necessary.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
no this is LU's heavy edit of Noscium's while also still using Seiku's colours.

edit for full accuracy

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)