Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

Pancham is finnished:

Do you think it need any fix?
Only a minor thing, I reckon - for the rare animation, it kinda feels like Pancham's left arm is rather detached from the rest of its body. I don't think the whole leaf would be completely visible either, so I'd suggest bringing that left arm in towards the body...only by a couple of pixels, but it kinda needs it all the same. Other than that, top work :)

Seleccion, is that blue one the shiny one (it looks very very similar to the pink one but in blue).

If it isn't I made a Shiny version of the most popular one (the pink with teal spots on it)
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140430211009/that-one-guys/images/d/d9/Vivillion.png

Edit: ok, for some odd reason the image won't show up on this website, be sure to click the link instead if anyone is waiting for it to load or something.

The blue vivillion is called "marine". And yes, it's exactly like pink vivillion, changing the color.

I change the pancham's tail. What do you think?

NEW------------------OLD

EDIT: I add a new movement to clauncher. It' not finnished yet, but this is the main idea:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form

NEW------------------OLD

EDIT: I add a new movement to clauncher. It' not finnished yet, but this is the main idea:
Both animations look nice. I like what you did with Clauncher moving side to side like a crab (even though it's a pistol shrimp). I suggest for his rare animation, instead of leaning down (or at least that's what it looks like to me) make him snap his claw at the opponent. Also why does does Pancham's tail shading keep changing on the new version?

Also I looked at the sprite generator (not sure if this is a good source for finding what images we need but I noticed a bug where for Shiny Floette is actually AZ's floette. I also checked the chart and seem that AZ's is used as the shiny. The Sprite Generator shows a shiny Flourges but not on the chart. If no one minds I would like to do all three or at least Floette and Flabebe's shiny sprites.

NEW------------------OLD

I really like it now! :D Seems perfect! I like the concept of Clauncher too. I think for a rare animation it should something similar to Scizor's rare animation:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
seleccion take note that we still need another QC check for clauncher, once both of us say yes it'll be ready. I'll see if I can fast track those changes if you're eager to finish the animation.

seleccion take note that we still need another QC check for clauncher, once both of us say yes it'll be ready. I'll see if I can fast track those changes if you're eager to finish the animation.
The clauncher's animation is not completly make by me. The rare animation has been done , and I add the left and richt movement (it's not the final result). When the QC will finish, tell me, and I will continue the clauncher.

I really like it now! :D Seems perfect! I like the concept of Clauncher too. I think for a rare animation it should something similar to Scizor's rare animation:
I like this movement. I will apply to clauncher.

PD: can be Pancham conseidered done or do it need any change more?

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
PD: can be Pancham conseidered done or do it need any change more?
I think it looks great. The only thing noticably wrong with it is its hair and surrounding areas in the rare animation. I think you might have 2 heads overlapping in a couple separate frames which should be a really easy fix. Other than that, I like it. good job n_n

edit: Also, if you can, try smoothing out the transition from the last frame to the first frame. It sort of seems as if he pauses for a split second.

Last edited:
I realize I'm coming into this in a super-late stage, but I'm pretty dece with pixels, IMO, and I'd like to help if I can. I'm not experienced at all in animating, but I'd like to contribute elsewhere if I could.

Looking at the googledoc, I see a todo list, but I guess I want to know if there's anything in particular you're pushing for among those.

Examples of my work (I've only done ponies so far, but it's about time I branched out a bit, eh?):

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Your best bet Dessa is probably to take a look at your favourite mon that doesn't have two 'yes' marks under L & P ready then making improvements from there. The list has some particular things and is a bit old at this point but should still help.

Also the worst sprite on the project is easily my Pyroar-f back so if anybody wants to do that beast feel free (I don't want to).

About that. "L & P" stand for what now? The doc doesn't seem to have a legend. I'm not really a person who follows smogon all that closely (though I respect the hell out of the work you do here). I just like Pokémon, sprites, and Pokémon sprites!

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
About that. "L & P" stand for what now?
L stands for Layell and P stands for princessofmusic. They are both in charge of the project and a sprite would need to be okay'd by both to be considered ready for animation. Btw, welcome to the club Dessa. Im sure everyone would appreciate an extra set of hands working on the sprites. c:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Remade Shiny Floette and made Shiny Flabebe, the Greens on the flowers are slightly edited to work with the purple. Opinions and feedback please.

I think it looks great. The only thing noticably wrong with it is its hair and surrounding areas in the rare animation. I think you might have 2 heads overlapping in a couple separate frames which should be a really easy fix. Other than that, I like it. good job n_n

edit: Also, if you can, try smoothing out the transition from the last frame to the first frame. It sort of seems as if he pauses for a split second.

Thanks for the notice!!! I didn't see this little errors:

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
I tend to ignore shinies if the sprite isn't done, I'm not wasting my time updating them all the time. So unless the sprite is animation ready then there isn't much point.

For example I can make a shiny in literally five minutes:

Also there may be shiny testing done, which is to ensure the sprite still looks good as a shiny, but most Pokemon don't require this. I cannot even think of any others that currently need shiny testing.

ALSO: Based on the proportions of Furfrou's model I'm opening the back sprite to be revamped. Anyone who would like to do that sprite can feel free to make it.

Last edited:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
ALSO: Based on the proportions of Furfrou's model I'm opening the back sprite to be revamped. Anyone who would like to do that sprite can feel free to make it.
How much of modding does it need? If it happens to be minor I wouldn't mind helping out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)