Other XY OU Viability Ranking Thread (V2) (Last update on post #5189)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I get where you are coming from, but I personally think its longevity is a bit overrated at times (Personally I don't think M-Venusaur sucks at offense but I digress). Granted yeah its longevity is going to last much longer against things like stall teams since they have less of a power output, but that's not always a sure thing against against more offensive teams. It's not like in UU where Torn-T was for the most part considered broken due to its mixed traits and how it compared to the rest of the meta. Yeah it's a good mon but its flaws are just more apparent in OU I think, and Idk about anyone else but I don't really think it has enough quality traits to be amongst the A- mons or A in general at this point in time.
A pivot who doesn't die is always useful. Even for offensive teams. Having a guaranteed switch in to Latios that can 1) force Lati out, 2) knock off the switch in, and 3) heal and do it again later is pretty awesome. Also switches in on Keldeo, who is very hard to switch in to for offensive teams.

I reached #1 on the ladder back in the Genesect days with an AV Torn-T team, and right now I'm in the mid 30s with him. He's been good for a while, you just have to know how to use him. He's harder to use than Skarmory, because you need some defog support and you have to make smart switches to really take advantage of regenerator, but if you can do that he's like a special Skarmory.

Last edited:

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The only thing stopping Tornadus-T from hitting A-Rank is Hurricane. If used outside of rain, it's at a lousy 70% accuracy, meaning you'll likely miss at critical moments, such as when you'd KO Mega Venusaur but then eat a Sludge Bomb. You can use Tornadus-T on a rain team, but then that limits teambuilding to an extent, and if you lose your means of summoning rain, then it's back to square 1, or maybe not even that. And while it's less important, Tyranitar and Mega Charizard Y are relevant, meaning the weather they summon drops Hurricane to 50% accuracy. Simply put, Tornadus-T's strongest options are inconsistent, and limits teambuilding when you want perfect accuracy, and to quote the prerequisites for being B-Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are great in the OU metagame. These Pokemon have more notable flaws than those above them that affect how they function in the tier. Their positive traits still outshine their negatives, but they require a bit more team support to bring out their full potential. With that said, B-Rank sounds perfectly fine for Tornadus-T.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
A pivot who doesn't die is always useful. Even for offensive teams. Having a guaranteed switch in to Latios that can 1) force Lati out, 2) knock off the switch in, and 3) heal and do it again later is pretty awesome. Also switches in on Keldeo, who is very hard to switch in to for offensive teams.

I reached #1 on the ladder back in the Genesect days with an AV Torn-T team, and right now I'm in the mid 30s with him. He's been good for a while, you just have to know how to use him. He's harder to use than Skarmory, because you need some defog support and you have to make smart switches to really take advantage of regenerator, but if you can do that he's like a special Skarmory.
Yeah not arguing your first 3 points since you're right on all of those but the Latis shouldn't be the only thing it should be able to consistently switch in on though. Also your position on the ladder doesn't really change the viability of the mon regardless if you're number 1, 30, or the most terrible player on the planet. If it's good, it's good. If it's generally subpar or bad, that's what the mon will be in that tier. Also if being harder to use than Skarmory is a factor wouldn't that just be one reason to show less of a viability on Torn-T's part? Also it can't hope to be a special version of Skarmory because as you said it needs constant stealth rock removal, needs to actually be able to pivot into whatever it may be, and it can't Roost off damage like Skarmory. There's a difference between being like a special version of Skarmory, and then actually being that if we're speaking from a comparison stand point.

Oh and I mean most stuff is good if you know how to use it. Also it's safe to assume that people have used it if they're making an argument for or against it.

The only thing stopping Tornadus-T from hitting A-Rank is Hurricane. If used outside of rain, it's at a lousy 70% accuracy, meaning you'll likely miss at critical moments, such as when you'd KO Mega Venusaur but then eat a Sludge Bomb. You can use Tornadus-T on a rain team, but then that limits teambuilding to an extent, and if you lose your means of summoning rain, then it's back to square 1, or maybe not even that. And while it's less important, Tyranitar and Mega Charizard Y are relevant, meaning the weather they summon drops Hurricane to 50% accuracy. Simply put, Tornadus-T's strongest options are inconsistent, and limits teambuilding when you want perfect accuracy, and to quote the prerequisites for being B-Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are great in the OU metagame. These Pokemon have more notable flaws than those above them that affect how they function in the tier. Their positive traits still outshine their negatives, but they require a bit more team support to bring out their full potential. With that said, B-Rank sounds perfectly fine for Tornadus-T.
Just a quick nitpick, but Hurricane is still 70% accuracy in Sand.

Might as well pitch in and say that I've used Tornadus-T extensively and have been one of the most successful with it, but I can't see Tornadus-T going up before Mega Gardevoir. Besides, it really fits in at B+, though I gotta say there are several mons that don't deserve to be there.

Last edited:
Yeah not arguing your first 3 points since you're right on all of those but the Latis shouldn't be the only thing it should be able to consistently switch in on though. Also your position on the ladder doesn't really change the viability of the mon regardless if you're number 1, 30, or the most terrible player on the planet. If it's good, it's good. If it's generally subpar or bad, that's what the mon will be in that tier. Also if being harder to use than Skarmory is a factor wouldn't that just be one reason to show less of a viability on Torn-T's part? Also it can't hope to be a special version of Skarmory because as you said it needs constant stealth rock removal, needs to actually be able to pivot into whatever it may be, and it can't Roost off damage like Skarmory. There's a difference between being like a special version of Skarmory, and then actually being that if we're speaking from a comparison stand point.

Oh and I mean most stuff is good if you know how to use it. Also it's safe to assume that people have used it if they're making an argument for or against it.
Not necessarily. He plays different than Skarm in that he uses knock off and u-turn with Hurricane for emergency wall breaking. I guess there's not really a comparison there. Maybe Skarm was a bad example.

He's still worthy of being the same rank as Skarm as a defensive threat: A-

If Hurricane was 100% accuracy he would easily be A-rank for his sweeping abilities, no doubting that. Defensive sets don't really use it though. It's only for the emergency chance at a kill like "hey I can kill that Gliscor right now if I go for the Hurricane!" and "lol M-Venu thinks he can stay in on me"

Aerial ace (lol) with max attack is also an option since it gives your physical moves --which you use more often than your STAB -- more power, but again it would be your least-used move. Only good for stuff like CM Keldeo.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Any1 have good replays of rotom-H? I've always found it one of those pokes very good on paper, but poor in practice. I always seem to hate SR and lack of recovery. With just a little damage lots of the things it supposed to beat destroy it.
Yeah the SR weakness is easily the biggest reason why Rotom-H is not seeing fantastic use, and unlike Zapdos or Mandibuzz it needs a teammate to get rid of the SR for it, just to be able to tank hits again, which is not really effective in the long run.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead

Nominating Mega Gardevoir for A- rank.
With a decent speed tier and a decent amount of special bulk, Mega Gardevoir can dish out quite a bit of punishment due to a high base SpA and Pixilate, while being able to take a few hits or outspeed its opponent. This gives it some capability against offense, but where it can really shine is against slower teams. Mega Gardevoir packs one hell of a punch, and can hit the physical and special side of the enemy's team. On top of this, it has a fantastic support movepool, and while most of those moves don't see much action, Taunt alone does plenty to screw over enemy walls. When we compare it to the other A- rank wallbreakers, namely Diggersby, Kyurem-B, and Manaphy, it boasts similar ability to break walls while being usable against offense. All in all, I think this is a great mon that finally deserves some recognition.

Nominating Mega Gardevoir for A- rank.
With a decent speed tier and a decent amount of special bulk, Mega Gardevoir can dish out quite a bit of punishment due to a high base SpA and Pixilate, while being able to take a few hits or outspeed its opponent. This gives it some capability against offense, but where it can really shine is against slower teams. Mega Gardevoir packs one hell of a punch, and can hit the physical and special side of the enemy's team. On top of this, it has a fantastic support movepool, and while most of those moves don't see much action, Taunt alone does plenty to screw over enemy walls. When we compare it to the other A- rank wallbreakers, namely Diggersby, Kyurem-B, and Manaphy, it boasts similar ability to break walls while being usable against offense. All in all, I think this is a great mon that finally deserves some recognition.
we've tried quite a few times, the tldr is that its too frail and not really that fast despite hitting like a truck, easily checked by literally any physical attacker (20 atk boost whyyy)
maybe if aegislash gets banned tho

Yeah, only sun reduces it to 50%.
thats thunder i think

thats thunder i think
Just to clear things up both Thunder and Hurricane have 50 accuracy in sun and 70 out of it.

Also, Mega Gard shouldnt be moved up any time soon unless Aegislash gets banned. It's not that fast, physically frail, and is checked by so much of the metagame

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
we've tried quite a few times, the tldr is that its too frail and not really that fast despite hitting like a truck, easily checked by literally any physical attacker (20 atk boost whyyy)
maybe if aegislash gets banned tho

thats thunder i think
In what way is that different from Diggersby, Kyurem-B, or hell, even Mamoswine? All three of the aforementioned are slower than Mega Gardevoir (yes, I know, m-muh priority, 20 base speed difference helps make up for that), none of them like taking too many hits (Kyurem-B's bulk is ruined by its god-awful defensive typing), and all of them hit hard.
Or should my post be about how Diggersby, Kyurem-B, and Mamoswine should move down to B+? Yeah...no.

In what way is that different from Diggersby, Kyurem-B, or hell, even Mamoswine? All three of the aforementioned are slower than Mega Gardevoir (yes, I know, m-muh priority, 20 base speed difference helps make up for that), none of them like taking too many hits (Kyurem-B's bulk is ruined by its god-awful defensive typing), and all of them hit hard.
Or should my post be about how Diggersby, Kyurem-B, and Mamoswine should move down to B+? Yeah...no.
Well Diggersby and Mamoswine do have priority to make up that just saying. But in my opinion Mega Gardevoir should stay B+ for quite a few reasons that have been mentioned before.

For Kyurem-B, there's also the fact that its Substitute set is nearly impossible to wall and also has the option of running an effective Choice Scarf set. Mamo can also be difficult to wall, although to a lesser extent than Kyurem-B, and is an effective Stealth Rock setter. This gives them a little more versatiliy than Mega Gardevoir.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
For Kyurem-B, there's also the fact that its Substitute set is nearly impossible to wall and also has the option of running an effective Choice Scarf set. Mamo can also be difficult to wall, although to a lesser extent than Kyurem-B, and is an effective Stealth Rock setter. This gives them a little more versatiliy than Mega Gardevoir.
So not only are you telling me that Mega Gardevoir doesn't have access to Substitute, but you're also telling me that Mega Gardevoir is easily wallable? And you want "versatility"? This thing learns...
Calm Mind
Destiny Bond
Encore
Heal Bell
Healing Wish
Light Screen/Reflect
Taunt
Thunder Wave
Wish
...and a crapton of other random stuff that can make for an unpredictable and powerful moveset. Just because "lol I only see one set", doesn't mean others can't be used; if we were going off popularity, Amoonguss would be C and Zapdos would be A.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So not only are you telling me that Mega Gardevoir doesn't have access to Substitute, but you're also telling me that Mega Gardevoir is easily wallable? And you want "versatility"? This thing learns...
Calm Mind
Destiny Bond
Encore
Heal Bell
Healing Wish
Light Screen/Reflect
Taunt
Thunder Wave
Wish
...and a crapton of other random stuff that can make for an unpredictable and powerful moveset. Just because "lol I only see one set", doesn't mean others can't be used; if we were going off popularity, Amoonguss would be C and Zapdos would be A.
Why would Mega Gardevoir ever use anything there except Calm Mind and maybe Thunder Wave or Taunt? Sure, the surprise factor is nice and all, and you've clearly shown that she has versatility, but she has better things to do, mainly wallbreaking.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Why would Mega Gardevoir ever use anything there except Calm Mind and maybe Thunder Wave or Taunt? Sure, the surprise factor is nice and all, and you've clearly shown that she has versatility, but she has better things to do, mainly wallbreaking.
And the Opera.

Gardevoir will still have trouble against offense if Aegislash is banned, so I doubt it will rise. You resist exactly 1 priority attack (Mach Punch) that is relatively uncommon anyway and can be KO'd by most of the rest after SR.

252+ Atk Dread Plate Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 237-279 (85.5 - 100.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(Guaranteed with Life Orb)
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 331-391 (119.4 - 141.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 208-245 (75 - 88.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (or it can Earthquake for a guaranteed OHKO and survives Hyper Voice because Multiscale)
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 169-199 (61 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 253-298 (91.3 - 107.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (Choice Band doesn't need SR)
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 448-528 (161.7 - 190.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power burned Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 224-264 (80.8 - 95.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
44+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 294-348 (106.1 - 125.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
44+ Atk Technician burned Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 147-174 (53 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

You also have to deal with anything faster than you, like Garchomp.
252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 231-273 (83.3 - 98.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 300-355 (108.3 - 128.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 462-544 (166.7 - 196.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Focus Sash SD)

I could post more calcs from anything faster, but I'm a lazy fuck.

Last edited:
And the Opera.

Gardevoir will still have trouble against offense if Aegislash is banned, so I doubt it will rise. You resist exactly 1 priority attack (Mach Punch) that is relatively uncommon anyway and can be KO'd by most of the rest after SR.

252+ Atk Dread Plate Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 237-279 (85.5 - 100.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 331-391 (119.4 - 141.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 208-245 (75 - 88.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (or it can Earthquake for a guaranteed OHKO and survive because Multiscale)
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 169-199 (61 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 253-298 (91.3 - 107.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (Choice Band doesn't need SR)
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 448-528 (161.7 - 190.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power burned Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 224-264 (80.8 - 95.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
44+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 294-348 (106.1 - 125.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
44+ Atk Technician burned Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 147-174 (53 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 231-273 (83.3 - 98.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 300-355 (108.3 - 128.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 462-544 (166.7 - 196.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Focus Sash SD)

If you use sub...
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 306-361 (112.5 - 132.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psychic vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 238-282 (79.8 - 94.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, coupled w/ the automatic 111 hp drop from a min attack BB, means guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 229-270 (70.6 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, allowing for an easy rk from, say 252+ Atk Dread Plate Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Dragonite: 175-207 (54 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, as bishie resists teh espeed (252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 73-86 (26.8 - 31.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO)
Zum ohkos
252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Scizor: 316-372 (91.8 - 108.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 524-618 (146.3 - 172.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It costs at least 1 poke to break the sub, and then you can kill MegaVoir

Risky to switch them into mega gardevoir though as all of them hate a WOW except talonflame who's immune, then you have a crippled azumarill, bisharp etc

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
If you use sub...
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 306-361 (112.5 - 132.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psychic vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 238-282 (79.8 - 94.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, coupled w/ the automatic 111 hp drop from a min attack BB, means guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 229-270 (70.6 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, allowing for an easy rk from, say 252+ Atk Dread Plate Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Dragonite: 175-207 (54 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, as bishie resists teh espeed (252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 73-86 (26.8 - 31.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO)
Zum ohkos
252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Scizor: 316-372 (91.8 - 108.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 524-618 (146.3 - 172.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It costs at least 1 poke to break the sub, and then you can kill MegaVoir
Running sub costs you Taunt, Will-O-Wisp, or a coverage move. You still only get one kill (maybe 2 since Gardevoir is pretty hard to switch in to) at the cost of your Mega.
Risky to switch them into mega gardevoir though as all of them hate a WOW except talonflame who's immune, then you have a crippled azumarill, bisharp etc
Never said they were counters. I just said Gardevoir has trouble because of how much priority hurts it.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
MGarde defenitely deserves A- IMO, the amount of damage it causes to Stall and defensive teams in general is unreal. Yes, it's completely eaten alive by the most centralising mon in the tier, but then again, so are the Latis. Aegi isn't what's stopping MGardevoir from being A-, it's what's stopping it from being A+. Pairing up MGarde with Pursuit Bisharp or Mandibuzz+Amoonguss can be really effective, sine once Aegi is taken care of, MGarde doesn't really need to worry about much else. The only other real counter is Mega-Scizor, and even that's pretty shaky since a lot of people have actully been using Will-O-Wisp which completely screws it.
Sure, it's not great vs Offense, but it can find a few opportunities to come in against the likes of Latias and choice-locked Terrakion, and once it does, you can pretty much kiss goodbye to one of your mons. Aegi isn't what's stopping MGardevoir from being A-, it's what's stopping it from being A+.

In a similar vein, I'd like to suggest Mega-Medicham for A-. It pretty much has the same qualities as Mega-Gardevoir : eats stall alive, hits incredibly hard, guaratees a KO vs offense if it somehow comes in for free, etc... Probably not quite as good as MGarde given that it has a few counters (buly psychics, particularly Slowbro who is often seen on stall and stops MMedi from 6-0ing) and his main STAB , HJK, isn't nearly as spammable and has bad accuracy and a terrible downside if it does miss (And if you're thinking of using Drain Punch instead, please don't. Unless you enjoy losing to Stall, of course.) However, it makes up for it by hitting a lot harder than MGarde, and that's saying something.
It's also an amazing Substitute user, due to how many switches it causes, and actually can kinda get past Aegi if it chooses to tun Fire Punch. Also, it it helped out by Pursuit support a huge amount, since everything that can take its STABs absolutely loathe it.

Also, and this was suggested a few pages ago, but I support Suicune moving up. So many teams just have nothing for Suicune at all, in fact, (and I don't know if it's just me), but most of my teams just auto-lose to it. Sure it's a little inconsistent due to Sleep Talk rolls, but once everything that can take it out during one Rest cycle is gone, (and not all that much can), than it basically wins bar crits. Someone actually asked it to be compared to other B+ ranks, but honestly, I feel it more comparable to Clefable, at least the Crocune and CM Magic Guard sets respectively : both are really solid win conditions with great defensive typings and are "immune" to status or at least not stopped by it, but Suicune has more overall bulk in excange for a buch of turns where it it vunerable and has to rely on luck, and only has one offensive move to use, so is not quite as good overral. Still, it's a pretty solid win condition and Scald burns can make it very difficult to break. I've also heard of an offensive CM set, but haven't actually used it so I can't really comment on it.

Last edited:
Calm Mind
Destiny Bond
Encore
Heal Bell
Healing Wish
Light Screen/Reflect
Taunt
Thunder Wave
Wish
For the record, I never once said that Mega Gardevoir was easily wallable nor am I so foolish as to ever imply it. However it can't be denied that Kyurem's movepool not only gives it pseudo BoltBeam coverage, but it also has Earth Power to nail some of the few Pokes that resists BoltBeam. He also doesn't have to rely on Hidden Power or Focus Blast for coverage, which for those of us who don't like relying on a 60 BP move or a move that misses 30% of the time, is a very nice prospect.
I also never said that Mega Gardevoir only has one set. Even its analysis shows two sets. However, the lack of holding an item limits its ability to perform other roles. There are bulkier Clerics and Wish Passers out there as well as more effective Dual Screeners. Also, to run more than 1 status move requires sacrificing either psychic STAB or a coverage move, which would make its wallbreaking more difficult.
I also never said that Mega Gardevoir can't run Substitute. I haven't seen it in action, so I won't comment heavily on it, though I will say that Kyurem-B has more HP uninvested than a fully invested Mega Gardevoir, better physical bulk and access to Leftovers recovery. Mega Gardevoir has fewer weakness and better special bulk with 252 HP EVs, I'll give it that, but its Subs can be broken by a Seismic toss, it has no reliable recovery, and either sacrifices power, speed, or both to do it, neither of which anyone would find appealing I'd imagine.

I don't know you you managed to take a 3 sentence post and somehow read it as "Mega Gardevoir is easily walled, only has 1 set and can't run substitute". I honestly have no issue with it moving up or staying where it is. I was only responding to how Kyurem-B and Mamoswine differ from Mega Gardevoir, which you asked about. Besides, one doesn't have to be super versatile to be good (look at Deo-D). Lastly I'd rather you don't butcher my arguments, blow them out of proportion and attack the butchered arguments. It doesn't help your cause in any way.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
And the Opera.

252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir: 208-245 (75 - 88.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (or it can Earthquake for a guaranteed OHKO and survives Hyper Voice because Multiscale)

So...where does priority matter against something that's main use is breaking stall? Is Gengar bad too, then? After all, it takes these blows about as well as MGarde does, with the obvious exception of ESpeed from Dragonite. And it's not designed to take physical attacks; it can definitely avoid OHKOs on the special side though. Keldeo, Thundurus, Landorus lacking Sludge Wave, and Greninja all fail to OHKO. At any rate, if "too frail" is a thing with wallbreakers, then Diggersby's certainly in the wrong spot. And Valmanway, it was just an example of how much crap it can do, though it prefers to just use Taunt or Calm Mind; although I did forget a big one in that post, Will-O-Wisp.

i think i'm drunk

Nominating Cofagrigus for D rank.
With decent defences and the ability to set up TR, Cofagrigus can be quite a good support poke imo. Cofagrigus has Mummy which just stops many pokes like Azumarill, Mawile, Medicham, and Scizor with a combination of Will-O Wisp. Cofagrigus also packs oa punch with setup from Nasty Plot. However the cons do outweigh the benefits and having a low HP stat makes it less viable than otheer ghosts although it has Mummy. Also being weak to some common threats keep it from being useful, but overall I think this poke has a nice niche and helps out it's team with TR support.

Edit:sorry for being totally irrelavant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)