Your 1st Generation of Pokemon

What was your first generation of Pokemon?

• Generation V (Black, White)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What was your first generation of Pokemon?

Mine was Gen III. I got both Emerald and FireRed for my birthday and didn't know which to start with. Got through them both and the games have stuck with me since.

Been playing ever since the start, I remember the first time I played Blue I could not understand that I was in a house and it took like 10 minutes for me to get out.

gen1 got blue version and my first gameboy, a blue gamboy pocket, on christmas way back when. best. christmas. ever.

FireRed.
Not a bad start, considering it was a remake of the first games, though I did miss out on all the glitches. Oh well, I certainly didn't miss out on GARY OAK

Firered, I got a GBA for my birthday with the Ereader and all that. Shortly after, my mom noticed that I didn't really use the gamebody very often in the first week and returned it
-_-

breh

強いだね
First game I ever owned and played was 4th gen (pearl) which I got in the summer. good times.

First game I ever played was a cousin's sapphire, though.

My first game was Sapphire, so technically Gen III. I always used to play RBY and GSC with my friend's carts, though, so I've been playing since gen I

I don't remember which version I started with, but it was first generation. I was I believe 8, and I racked up tons of hours playing both Blue and Red versions with my childhood friend. It could have been Red version because I still own my Red version. I believe I have Blue version, too, but it's buried somewhere in my garage. I remember buying Yellow version (well, my parents buying lol) from FuncoLand (the name/place before GameStop) for $20 and still have it (unfortunately the save file gets wiped out each time I play, so the battery or w/e died I guess).

I skipped gen 2, so that's why I'm not really crazy about gen 2 stuff, nor was I about HG/SS (but I still bought each one). I started again in gen 3 when playing my friends Sapphire version. I went out, bought Ruby version, then Emerald. I then bought FireRed when it came out and my friend gave me his Sapphire version as well as his Gold and Cyrstal versions for keeps.

Then after all that, I learned about in-game mechanics as well as competitive battling in gen 4 (and about older generation mechanics/battling). Not much into gen 5 right now, but I'm sure I'll jump into it eventually (or not; this might be where my Pokemon fun ends and might jump start again generations later like how gen 3 sparked it for me).

~ Aether Nexus

Gen III for me. I was such a noob back then that I couldn't tell the difference between FireRed (the game that convinced me to start playing Pokemon in the first place) and Ruby (the game I went to GameStop and bought a few days later).

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Mine was the original blue version. I was like 5 when I first played it, and as such I had it in my head that EVERY pokemon evolved at some point. Thus, I would train a pokemon until it evolved, then ditch it and work on another one. My final party included a level 70-something Farfetch'd XD

I bought like, five different games of varying generations, so I guess I kind of qualify for Gen 1 being my entry point, but it was technically in the early days of RS.

Pokemon Red + a gameboy when it first came out in the UK. I was nervous before I started to play it: i somehow knew this would be a pivotal thing in the makeup of my life and the person I would grow up to become. I was a very philosophical child.

Ruby was my very first game, got it to kill time in the car when we were moving when i was 6. Took my mom to set up the clock. I've played every gen since that except for RBY

My first was with pkmn Blue (couldnt find red, i were like 5 so i loved charizard on the cartridge) Loved that game, and Loved all the series that came out of that.

I gues I started playing Pokemon after a accident when me and my sis was little been playing ever since (I think yellow or blue was my first.) I traded up my chariard every generation I could lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)