1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Your 1st Generation of Pokemon

Discussion in 'Stark Mountain' started by 5thgenerator, Jul 17, 2011.

?

What was your first generation of Pokemon?

1. Generation I (Red, Blue, Yellow)

54.5%
  2. Generation II (Gold, Silver, Crystal)

18.5%
  3. Generation III (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen)

22.5%
  4. Generation IV (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver)

4.5%
  5. Generation V (Black, White)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 5thgenerator

5thgenerator

What was your first generation of Pokemon?

Mine was Gen III. I got both Emerald and FireRed for my birthday and didn't know which to start with. Got through them both and the games have stuck with me since.
  2. StealthX

StealthX

III

Got LeafGreen as my first game. (LeafGreen->Emerald->Platinum->Heartgold->Black)
  3. asbestos

asbestos

generation 1, though by the time i started playing RSE was already out.
  4. yee

yee
    is a Tutoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Been playing ever since the start, I remember the first time I played Blue I could not understand that I was in a house and it took like 10 minutes for me to get out.
  5. Manbaby

Manbaby

gen1 got blue version and my first gameboy, a blue gamboy pocket, on christmas way back when. best. christmas. ever.
  6. Suspicious Derivative

Suspicious Derivative

1st gen.
    Can't rememeber how old I were but it was long ago. Though I started playing when 2nd generation had been released.
  7. Parasol_Kirby

Parasol_Kirby

FireRed.
    Not a bad start, considering it was a remake of the first games, though I did miss out on all the glitches. Oh well, I certainly didn't miss out on GARY OAK
  8. Shinyweavile

Shinyweavile

Firered, I got a GBA for my birthday with the Ereader and all that. Shortly after, my mom noticed that I didn't really use the gamebody very often in the first week and returned it
    -_-
  9. breh

breh
    is a Smogon IRC AOP

First game I ever owned and played was 4th gen (pearl) which I got in the summer. good times.

First game I ever played was a cousin's sapphire, though.
  10. humpy92

humpy92

Started playing a long time ago on red, think i still have it somewhere, they were indeed good days :)
  11. zero2exe

zero2exe Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
    is a Contributor to Smogon

1st gen, blue version
  12. The Shadow Knight

The Shadow Knight

Gen I, English Blue version.
    Which was back when I hardly had a working English vocabulary =D
  13. Tyranitarphantom

Tyranitarphantom

My first game was Sapphire, so technically Gen III. I always used to play RBY and GSC with my friend's carts, though, so I've been playing since gen I
  14. Aether Nexus

Aether Nexus

I don't remember which version I started with, but it was first generation. I was I believe 8, and I racked up tons of hours playing both Blue and Red versions with my childhood friend. It could have been Red version because I still own my Red version. I believe I have Blue version, too, but it's buried somewhere in my garage. I remember buying Yellow version (well, my parents buying lol) from FuncoLand (the name/place before GameStop) for $20 and still have it (unfortunately the save file gets wiped out each time I play, so the battery or w/e died I guess).

I skipped gen 2, so that's why I'm not really crazy about gen 2 stuff, nor was I about HG/SS (but I still bought each one). I started again in gen 3 when playing my friends Sapphire version. I went out, bought Ruby version, then Emerald. I then bought FireRed when it came out and my friend gave me his Sapphire version as well as his Gold and Cyrstal versions for keeps.

Then after all that, I learned about in-game mechanics as well as competitive battling in gen 4 (and about older generation mechanics/battling). Not much into gen 5 right now, but I'm sure I'll jump into it eventually (or not; this might be where my Pokemon fun ends and might jump start again generations later like how gen 3 sparked it for me).

~ Aether Nexus
  15. Galladiator

Galladiator

Gen III for me. I was such a noob back then that I couldn't tell the difference between FireRed (the game that convinced me to start playing Pokemon in the first place) and Ruby (the game I went to GameStop and bought a few days later).
  16. Walrein

Walrein

Mine was the original blue version. I was like 5 when I first played it, and as such I had it in my head that EVERY pokemon evolved at some point. Thus, I would train a pokemon until it evolved, then ditch it and work on another one. My final party included a level 70-something Farfetch'd XD
  17. Teh_Mysterious_Egg

Teh_Mysterious_Egg

I bought like, five different games of varying generations, so I guess I kind of qualify for Gen 1 being my entry point, but it was technically in the early days of RS.
  18. Kuroki

Kuroki

i started with pokemon yellow, it was also my first (and best) game for game boy.
  19. Toby

Toby

Pokemon Red + a gameboy when it first came out in the UK. I was nervous before I started to play it: i somehow knew this would be a pivotal thing in the makeup of my life and the person I would grow up to become. I was a very philosophical child.
  20. NatGeo

NatGeo sun's coming up
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Ruby was my very first game, got it to kill time in the car when we were moving when i was 6. Took my mom to set up the clock. I've played every gen since that except for RBY
  21. crazypippo92

crazypippo92

My first was with pkmn Blue (couldnt find red, i were like 5 so i loved charizard on the cartridge) Loved that game, and Loved all the series that came out of that.
  22. sworm09

sworm09

Blue version was my first! I'll never forget getting lost on the S.S. Anne
  23. Shiki1335

Shiki1335

I gues I started playing Pokemon after a accident when me and my sis was little been playing ever since (I think yellow or blue was my first.) I traded up my chariard every generation I could lol.
  24. redhairedking

redhairedking

Sorry to revive an old thread, but my first was Red version.
  25. Yamata no Orochi

Yamata no Orochi capes are cool
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

My first game I ever played was Yellow Version.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)