Forbidden

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
Mind Control
Monster Reborn
Spore
Trap Dustshoot
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

Limited

Dimension Fusion (nvm I did not think this one through lol)
Evolzar Laggia
Inzektor Hornet
Rescue Rabbit
Tribe-Infecting Virus
Wind-Up Zenmaighty
Wind-Up Zenmaines

Semi-Limited

Emergency Teleport
Reborn Tengu
Tour Guide From the Underworld

Unlimited

Magical Stone Excavation
Primal Seed

Dimension Fusion and Tribe-Infecting Virus seem like interesting possibilities for giving things another test or two, as Dimension Fusion carries risks and TIV is roughly as strong as Dark Hole. BLS, Mind Control, and Monster Reborn are pretty hard to argue to be not broken, and I have never been that big of a fan of Dustshoot. I felt that plants needed a nerf somewhere and have recently been swayed by the arguments of Spore being a problem card. I also gave Glow-Up Bulb some due consideration as it is far more splashable, but it doesn't set up plays that are as bad as what Spore is capable of, so I don't know. Trishula is just ridiculous and I don't think any of us would miss it.

Wind-Ups and Inzektors need to be hit desperately. Striking Hornet and Zenmaighty down to one cuts to the root of the respective problems. I also added Zenmaines here because it is just really too good to be left unrestricted. Rescue Rabbit and Laggia being limited cuts down on the consistency and staying power of Rabbit decks considerably.

Reborn Tengu and TGU are pretty widely agreed upon as needing to be Semi'd, but for political reasons there's a possibility this won't happen since they are TCG exclusives. Emergency Teleport I'd like to see Semi'd so that Psychics could have a shot at competitive worth again. Unlimited cards shouldn't need too much explaining.

Why would you ban Spore and not Dandylion who enables Spore to be broken

Zenmaighty and Zenmaines don't need to be limited. Just hit Hunter.

Rabbit is only a problem in TCG. OCG Rabbit sucks without Tour Guide, unfortunately. So it won't get hit ):

Everything else I agree with for the most part.

EDIT: Well I think Damsel needs to be hit more than Hornet tbh. The Inzektor deck can operate with only one Hornet. Damsel would hurt them hard.

limiting hornet doesn't hurt them one bit , they only need one to blow up your field , and they don't care if you remove it from play there's leviair to recycle it .

limiting dragonfly should be much more efficient , i don't know if it's going to kill the deck though but it should at least slow down the madness , just like sams with the limiting of smoke and shien .

dimension fusion is a no :( , it's not healthy for the format and the number of combos and OTK with it is sick .

zenmaighty i fully agree , this guy needs to FREAKING BE LIMITED , stupid loops !

and emergency teleport to two i won't mind either , i really like psychics , they're an interesting deck that unfortunatly doesn't get that much attention .

Point is , quitting the game for at least next format isn't a bad idea , unless you wanna suffer against derp OP decks .

wind-ups are being pushed as the future, at best it will be rat and maighty to 2, maines unlimited (dont really see whats wrong with it atm its easy to get around and just provides more strategic play)

limiting hornet does nothing, dragonfly will be limited

why limit rabbit if you limit laggia...just put laggia at 1 and rabbit at 3

spore and BLS are just not that big of a deal anymore (edit: TO THEM), so i think theyll keep them at 1

if bls is at 1, primal seed is where it is to prevent loops, its not going anywhere

lots of other weird things about your proposed list :/, although i could see trish forbidden

edit: i should note that BLS maybe -should- be banned but it wont be thats all, just a feeling

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
My reactions to Tobes' banlist:

Speaking of banlists~

Forbidden

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning -- Yes
Mind Control -- Yes
Monster Reborn -- Yes
Spore -- Spore is rather situational and only works in the specific plant engine. I would prefer banning Dandylion instead.
Trap Dustshoot -- Yes
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier -- Hmmm, perhaps. Without Dandylion though, it's a bit harder to churn out, so I think keeping it at 1 for one more format would be fine.

Limited

Evolzar Laggia -- This is unnecessary, especially if you want to hit Rabbit. Personally, I find Dolkka just as much of a threat as Laggia anyway.
Inzektor Hornet -- I think we should limit or ban (preferably ban) Dragonfly before touching this. Hornet doesn't enable the broken plays; it just carries them out.
Rescue Rabbit -- Meh. It's a fairly balanced card because of all of its restrictions. Hitting Tour Guide to 1 should be enough to balance the Dino Rabbit engine.
Tribe-Infecting Virus -- Sure
Wind-Up Zenmaighty -- Yes
Wind-Up Zenmaines -- Nah. Not many people run more than 1 anyway.

Semi-Limited

Emergency Teleport -- I would prefer for this to stay at 1. Sure, it gives Psychics a boost, but it's still an overpowered card that gives them free and costless speed.
Reborn Tengu -- Yes
Tour Guide From the Underworld -- It's still fairly splashable at 2. At this point in the game, I think limiting it would be more appropriate.

Unlimited

Magical Stone Excavation -- Yes
Primal Seed -- Yes
From a purely realistic perspective, I think you also need to give Agents a look. They are fairly dominant in Japan, and will be hit in some way or another on the next banlist.

just a random question as I'm planning to sell most of my cards, what do you guys estimate the worth of a ghost rare ancient fairy dragon? sad I quit when I did cause the current format sounds like there is finally some use in originally fail cards.

Can we stop suggesting banning Dragonfly? ORCS isn't even out yet. Stop trying to destroy archetypes.

Edit: Tengu and Tour Guide aren't being touched until they hit the OCG either.

just a random question as I'm planning to sell most of my cards, what do you guys estimate the worth of a ghost rare ancient fairy dragon? sad I quit when I did cause the current format sounds like there is finally some use in originally fail cards.
its about 12 bucks on trollandtoad

Banned:

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning

Limited:

Solemn Warning
Archlord Kristya
Spore

Fishborg Blaster (Never mind about this one)
Chaos Sorcerer
Goyo Guardian
Mind Crush

Semi-Limited:

Mezuki
Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
Spirit Reaper
Gravity Bind
Mystical Space Typhoon
Pot of Duality

Unlimited:

Summoner Monk

Banned:
BLS-EotB
Dandylion
Glow-Up Bulb
Exodia the Forbidden One

Gateway of the Six
Monster Reborn
Mind Control

Trap Dustshoot

Limited:
Archlord Krystia
Dark Magician of Chaos
Inzektor Dragonfly
Judgment Dragon
Rescue Rabbit
Sinister Serpent
Tour Guide from the Underworld

Chain Strike
Dragged Down into the Grave
Royal Tribute

Mind Crush

Semi-Limited:
Debris Dragon
Formula Synchron
Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
Master Hyperion
Reborn Tengu
Plaguespreader Zombie

Book of Moon
Shien's Smoke Signal

Unlimited:
Magical Stone Excavation
Primal Seed

Call of the Haunted

Ok, time for explainations.

Trap Dustshoot to 0, DDitG / Mind Crush / Royal Tribute to 1 :I've always felt that looking at your opponent's hand and disrupting it for little to no cost was an inherently broken mechanic. Hell, I would rather see Tribute at 0, but in the interest of not driving a bulldozer through Gravekeepers (despite my utter hatred for their existence, sorry Lizardbro :( ), Trib at 1 should reduce the consistency of the dreaded first turn Tribute. There's probably more out there, but these would be the most relevant.

Judgment Dragon to 1, Lumina to 2: I hate the way Lightsworns have to be built simply because of Judgment Dragon's existence. I would personally love to play the deck with Lumina at 3, Charge at 2, and JD at 0, but that's just me.

Monster Reborn to 0, DMoC to 1, CotH to 3:Let's face it. Reborn is one of the most derpy cards in existence and should be banned. If you want to touch your opponent's graveyard that badly, use Autonomous Action Unit (1500 LP Premature Burial for your opponent's graveyard) or Symbols of Duty (Tribute 1 Normal monster, SS 1 monster from either graveyard and equip). With Reborn banned, DMoC could come down safely, and CotH could be bumped up to 3 to compensate for Reborn's departure.

Glow-up Bulb and Dandylion to 0 : Plant Engine needs to gtfo. Allow more breathing room for other decks. With these gone, I feel Debris and Formula could go up 1.

Tour Guide and Rescue Rabbit to 1 :Dino Rabbit is a skill-less deck. There, I said it. Dino Rabbit is the epitome of "derp summon control the board". Tour Guide needs a limit anyway, regardless of TCG-ex status (oh, sup Sixth Sense).

Chain Strike to 1 : Chain burn is dumb, nuff said.

Gateway to 0, Smoke Signal to 2:Sams were hit a little too hard by the banlist. The only way to give them something back is to take away what makes them so derp in the first place. Gateway should have never allowed you to use Bushido counters from other cards (that or Kizan should have never been made).

Exodia to 0 : This is just to troll all the Dragon Draw players on DN :naughty:

Everything else should be self-explanatory.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
I don't think Exodia should or will be banned. It's annoying, but it hasn't topped anything in like 10 years...

And Dragged...just isn't that good IMO. It's okay in DWs, but doesn't let you discard what you want to discard, as opposed to something like Dark World Dealings. But to each his own I guess.

Response to Tobes:

Speaking of banlists~

Forbidden

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning - I could see this happening, the card is pretty broken and every deck can run lights and darks for BLS
Mind Control - I don't know about this, the card doesn't make my stomach churn.
Monster Reborn - I don't know, it's a pretty good staple card it is a game breaking topdeck though. I could see it going.
Spore - Not the broken part of the Plant engine.
Trap Dustshoot - Yes please.
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier - I could see this.

Limited

Dimension Fusion (nvm I did not think this one through lol)
Evolzar Laggia - I could see that happening.
Inzektor Hornet - I like Inzektors though Q_Q
Rescue Rabbit - Laggia is the problem, this thing to 2 probably.
Tribe-Infecting Virus - No. Just no.
Wind-Up Zenmaighty - Sure.
Wind-Up Zenmaines - Nah it's probably not going yet.

Semi-Limited

Emergency Teleport - I don't see why not.
Reborn Tengu - Probably not.
Tour Guide From the Underworld - Probably not, Konami needs money.

Unlimited

Magical Stone Excavation - Sure, EJ might become a little more popular.
Primal Seed
I would like to see Book of Moon at 2 and probably Mirror Force could go to 2 because it's pretty bad now. Oppression could come back, I would like that. I have been playing around with Inzektors recently and they are my new bread and butter, they remind me of playing GBs and Blackwings in the same archetype they have the control and the ability to swarm if necessary. I've teched the deck into a cool anti meta build. If Oppression comes back I'll be playing Inzektors all day and night.

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
some of these lists are really something else. fishborg to 1, dmoc to 1, and dragged to 1?? have dark worlds done ANYTHING to warrant getting hit? from what ive seen, most of these lists are just "im gonna hurt cards that annoy me when i ladder."

some of these lists are really something else. fishborg to 1, dmoc to 1, and dragged to 1?? have dark worlds done ANYTHING to warrant getting hit? from what ive seen, most of these lists are just "im gonna hurt cards that annoy me when i ladder."
Welcome to the world of player-created banlists, where if it annoys me even a little bit, it's a broken piece of shit that should be banned and the creators should be burned at the stake.

Such is any competitive game ever.

Banned:
BLS-EotB - Agree on this, but unlikely to happen so long as Konami wants to rake in more money.
Dandylion - Synchrocentric decks will find away around the loss of Dandylion. Either kill off the tuners or stop trying to hinder the deck, because it's just going to adapt regardless.
Glow-Up Bulb - Christ, hell no.
Exodia the Forbidden One - Hahahaha, oh wow.

Gateway of the Six - Take an already dying deck and beat it to death.
Monster Reborn - Fair enough, should have never came off the Forbidden list in the first place.
Mind Control - Don't care either way on this.

Trap Dustshoot - Nope. Excellent card to pick up within the first two to three turns, after that, dead card.

Limited:
Archlord Krystia - Would Agents even care? Do they even run more than one Krystia anymore?
Dark Magician of Chaos - Oh God, please, no. Lets NOT do this at all.
Inzektor Dragonfly - Killing archetypes before they're even released? Sounds like a good plan, doc.
Judgment Dragon - I don't see Lightsworn topping anytime soon, even though JD is at three. This is more of an "it annoys me, so it should be banned"
Rescue Rabbit - Used in one deck, in one way. Easily prevented in this metagame. At best, I would put it at 2.
Sinister Serpent - Who loves costless discards?
Tour Guide from the Underworld - Not happening because its a TCG exclusive for the next few months,

Chain Strike - Chain Burn is obviously a various dangerous deck. I hope you can read the sarcasm in that sentence.
Dragged Down into the Grave - Lets drop Dark World a few MORE tiers while we're at it.
Royal Tribute - Pfft, Gravekeepers actually topping. That's a laugh.

Mind Crush - There we go. Now Dark World decks suck even harder than before.

Semi-Limited:
Debris Dragon - Are you kidding me?
Formula Synchron - No, seriously, are you kidding me?
Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner - Lucksworn is not going to go anywhere no matter how many Lightsworn cards you move around on the Forbidden/Limited/Semi-Limited lists unless its name is Charge of the Light Brigade
Master Hyperion - When Inzektors are released, Agents will be terrible because they have absolutely no defenses against Hornet.
Reborn Tengu - TCG exclusive. Way to go, Konami.
Plaguespreader Zombie No. Just no.

Book of Moon - I could go either way on this.
Shien's Smoke Signal - Oh boy, I love being able to get out Naturia Beast and Legendary Shi - En on the first turn! Yeah, lets do this one.

Unlimited:
Magical Stone Excavation - Does anyone even use this? Other than Empty Jar, I mean.
Primal Seed - Oh boy, I love loops!

Call of the Haunted - With all the S/T hate, I could see this happening.
To sum up, what the fuck is the matter with you? That list was horrible. I've seen better lists at POJO.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Call me crazy, but I don't think DMoC would be that bad if we ban Reborn. Aside from tributing 2 monsters (which is a reasonable cost for retrieving a spell) or doing something like Trade-in/Armageddon Knight + Call of the Haunted (which requires you to actually dedicate team support and have a spell in the grave to retrieve), there aren't too many reliable ways of actually getting it on the field. I'll mirror what this guy says -- it's just too situational to be that much of a problem at one.

You guys also have to remember that the last time DMoC was in the game, Dimension Fusion was legal. With Reborn at 0 (if it goes to 0) and Dimension Fusion at 0, it deserves another shot.

I gotta admit that limiting Spore is pretty funny though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)